Sign in to follow this  
boonaroony

dean this, rocket that

You must have had an overdue book.

Nah, I just spawned and found a copy of Moby Dick that I wanted to share with everyone.   :(

Of only I could run the game.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute... You don't even play DayZ?  Are you a real life friend or little brother of someone on the development team?

Maybe it`s because in order to make a convincing argument, you need to have sources for your facts, and what better source for facts on this subject (DayZ) than the creator of the idea of DayZ?

You don`t need to be his best friend to quote messages from social network sites or interviews, that`s just the cold hard fact that he stated this or that. 

I mean what would you do if some religious fanatic tried to disprove the theory of evolution? Would you try to use evidence (books, research papers, essays) to convince them or flaming rhetoric (calling them Jesus fanbois and whatnot)

It`s basicly what newspapers do every day, does it mean they are best friends with everyone they interview about a subject?

Edited by Furtherado

Maybe it`s because in order to make a convincing argument, you need to have sources for your facts, and what better source for facts on this subject (DayZ) than the creator of the idea of DayZ?

You don`t need to be his best friend to quote messages from social network sites or interviews, that`s just the cold hard fact that he stated this or that. 

It`s basicly what newspapers do every day, does it mean they are best friends with everyone they interview about a subject?

The problem is people are NOT quoting anything he said and just saying "that is not part of Dean's/Rocket's vision."

If people would actually come up with an actual quote where he claims his vision of the game would conflict with some of the ideas people have, this thread wouldn't exist.

Nah, I just spawned and found a copy of Moby Dick that I wanted to share with everyone.   :(

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute... You don't even play DayZ?  Are you a real life friend or little brother of someone on the development team?

No. I just know quite a bit about the game, And I strive to help others. You don't need to eat the food you make to be a chef, you just gotta know how to make it.

No. I just know quite a bit about the game, And I strive to help others. You don't need to eat the food you make to be a chef, you just gotta know how to make it.

Tell that to Gordon Ramsey.  He'd probably call you a cunt and kick you out.

That's cool though.  I just figured that someone involved with the forums would almost certainly play the game.

You gotta admit, this guy Rocket is a likeable fellow.. he interacts with his fans and shit, I mean the guy has climbed a snow covered mountain.. and is making a game we all like to play! but all this comes at a significant cost to the game in some ways. Lemme explain it in a nice way, Most are too quick to jump on the 'I frikkin love rocket' train.. so no manner of bugs or game busting entities will ever (EVER) break that love, but its that very phenomena that clouds their ability to give full and fair feedback.. these 'Rocket' followers tend to call other peoples legitimate concerns about the game, lies or even go so far as call bullshit and take it upon themselves to guard Rocket from such negative feedback.

I dont know about anyone else, but if I have a problem, I will damn right post up a thread about it since I spent money on the game he is making. Now do I post it and think, 'I know, he will read it and fix it'.. nope. I worry more that people would inundate my thread with 'Fuck u man,u are full o' shit.. game is top notch for me.. y u hate Rocket' kinda posts.

Ya know?

Edited by NuckFuts

Tell that to Gordon Ramsey.  He'd probably call you a cunt and kick you out.

That's cool though.  I just figured that someone involved with the forums would almost certainly play the game.

Fuck Gordon Ramsay.

Also, I really do wish I could play. Trust me. The community is all I need to keep my interest kindled, however.

• Like 1

You gotta admit, this guy Rocket is a likeable fellow.. he interacts with his fans and shit, I mean the guy has climbed a snow covered mountain.. and is making a game we all like to play! but all this comes at a significant cost to the game in some ways. Lemme explain it in a nice way, Most are too quick to jump on the 'I frikkin love rocket' train.. so no manner of bugs or game busting entities will ever (EVER) break that love, but its that very phenomena that clouds their ability to give full and fair feedback.. these 'Rocket' followers tend to call other peoples legitimate concerns about the game, lies or even go so far as call bullshit and take it upon themselves to guard Rocket from such negative feedback.

I dont know about anyone else, but if I have a problem, I will damn right post up a thread about it since I spent money on the game he is making. Now do I post it and think, 'I know, he will read it and fix it'.. nope. I worry more that people would inundate my thread with 'Fuck u man,u are full o' shit.. game is top notch for me.. y u hate Rocket' kinda posts.

Ya know?

That was my point  but you cant say anything bad man, havent you learned yet? :)

Fuck Gordon Ramsay.

Also, I really do wish I could play. Trust me. The community is all I need to keep my interest kindled, however.

Save up those pennies, bro!  You can build a good enough PC to play DayZ smoothly for pretty damn cheap.

Save up those pennies, bro!  You can build a good enough PC to play DayZ smoothly for pretty damn cheap.

Sadly, those pennies need to go towards other things, right now.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss it. ^^

Sadly, those pennies need to go towards other things, right now.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss it. ^^

But it's Rocket's vision for the forums.

• Like 1

I may be just being a dick but it really annoys me when people do the whole  "dean didnt want whatever" or "rockets vision is so and so" hes not your mate, you dont know, you are re-hashing some interview shit like you know him and its soooo lame!!!!

It is always used to shout down peoples genuine suggestions for what they think will be good in the game - why dont people fashion their own opinions instead of rehashing some bullshit someone might or might not have said at some point? 

p.s. let me guess dean wouldnt have wanted people to act like me in his game or on this forum yeah? it wasnt part of his vision...

I think folks acting like you are a big part of Dean Hall's vision. My take is he wants us to be free to be who we want to be within the structure he has set. DayZ has plenty of dicks and you should be grateful that you can aspire to be the biggest of the lot.

• Like 1

And you anti-everything rocket people are just as bad as the fanboys.

This whole community is shit on this here forum.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

if dean wanted you to suck his dick would you do it?

No. That's fucking ridiculous and doesn't pertain to this conversation at all; at no point have I said we should blindly listen to Rocket. But he has gained the trust of the community through his loyalty, and thusly I believe him when he talks about the forums or the game. It has NOTHING to do with doing things for him.

if dean wanted you to suck his dick would you do it?

What a great way to end a topic.

Try and be more constructive next time