Sign in to follow this  
Awruk

How to REALLY solve 3pp issue

So hardcore servers are 1pp ONLY right?

Then make regular servers 3pp ONLY.

Why, to punish 3PP for not playing like you?

If you don't care for 3PP servers, play on 1PP servers and stop trying to dictate how other people play on 3PP servers.

• Like 11

Why, to punish 3PP for not playing like you?

If you don't care for 3PP servers, play on 1PP servers and stop trying to dictate how other people play on 3PP servers.

They arent punishing you they are merely giving you more of what you love.

• Like 2

if you want to play 1st person on a 3rd person server who cares.

the server gives you that option, you play as you want without breaking rules it comes down to YOUR choice.

• Like 1

Son it's not an issue. It was pre existing on arna two. If they wanted it gone, then it would of been gone.

• Like 1

They arent punishing you they are merely giving you more of what you love.

See, you've already gotten your 1PP hive, but that's not enough for you. You still want to dictate, how people play on servers, where you don't play yourself. I guess that was the whole purpose of the most dedicated 1PP advocates. They didn't want to commit an effort to build up successful 1PP populations on their 1PP servers, they just wanted to make 3PP less and less desirable, because they thought that would channel more players to their empty 1PP servers.

And that's what it all boils down to after several hundred pages of discussion.

And has always been your agenda.

3PP has always been an integral feature of RV and RV has always offered 1PP admins the option to disable 3PP if they so desired. Some did, some did not.

This is DayZ.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 5

I don't care what people do on their 3PP servers (I use them for messing about) and I wouldn't want to dictate how they should play etc.

All I would say is try 1PP for half an hour you'll love it. I was once a 3PP lover, but after an hour or so on a Hardcore server, I didn't want to look back.

• Like 3

Pls implent isometric view, kinda like this:

20130825183704.jpg

DON'T DICTATE ME HOW I WANT TO PLAY DAYZ

• Like 7

sometimes i like being able to see how my character looks without tabing all the damn time.

• Like 1

I don't care what people do on their 3PP servers (I use them for messing about) and I wouldn't want to dictate how they should play etc.

All I would say is try 1PP for half an hour you'll love it. I was once a 3PP lover, but after an hour or so on a Hardcore server, I didn't want to look back.

Yup this.

3PP servers are purely for me messing around, which is kind of fun. I have a server to take the game not serious and HARDCORE when I feel like being serious.. works in my favor either way.

Im not dissing the people that play reg servers but seriously try HARDCORE.. If you want realism and to "feel" like your actually in an apocolypse, its the way to go.

• Like 1

I like it the way it is.

Shame DayZ didn't go for a full on hardcore, mai ces la vie they have to appeal to the masses. Profits.

Just look at Consoles vrs PCs It almost makes you believe consoles are anything but money grabbers, almost.

See, the real problem here, is that you people think there's a problem.

The 3pp has been a problem in arma since 2002 :)

Always has been always will be if BIS keep using 3rd person in a game that's based on a simulator.

3pp is there for the casual gamer`s which is fine I guess.

But dayz was supposed to be hardcore and anti game, 3pp is not anti game its pro bambi lara croft gamer !

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 2

I like it the way it is.

Shame DayZ didn't go for a full on hardcore, mai ces la vie they have to appeal to the masses. Profits.

Just look at Consoles vrs PCs It almost makes you believe consoles are anything but money grabbers, almost.

That's like saying, I love DayZ, but I hate the RV-engine.

3PP is part of the RV engine and maybe one of the reasons, why 1PP isn't as perfectly smooth as other pure first person shooters. we can all dream and wish, but reality is that if DayZ had to be made, it had to be made on RV and RV isn't a 1PP engine.

See, the real problem here, is that you people think there's a problem.

uDpallB.gif

Edited by Dallas

Why are you people trying to change something that doesn't need to be changed? There are already plenty of Hardcore servers for people that want to only play in 1PP. Then there are Regular servers that have 1PP and 3PP and there are also Regular servers that are 1PP only.

NOTHING needs to change about any of this. It is up to each player to decide how they want to play. People should really stop being stupid cunts.

The 3pp has been a problem in arma since 2002 :)

Always has been always will be if BIS keep using 3rd person in a game that's based on a simulator.

3pp is there for the casual gamer`s which is fine I guess.

But dayz was supposed to be hardcore and anti game, 3pp is not anti game its pro bambi lara croft gamer !

If it truly were an issue, they wouldn't of added it for players in Arma 1.....or Arma 2, or Arma 3, yadda yadda and so on. Nor would Dean have allowed it into Dayz. Guess what, he did.

I play first person, and this has yet to affect my gameplay. I suggest people lose the chip, and go back to bugging Gaben for half life three.

Furthermore. This game is anything but pro. You want pro? Go to eve online, null sec, space pirates will turn you into their girlfriend for stepping out of line.

Edited by Ineedscoffee

Please stop poking an old sore i am a 1pp player i have what i want, why do we need to argue how someone else gets to play cant both sides well just play.

We are kept seperate on the hive to be fair what do we need to be kept seperate on the forums to.. i dont like 3pp so guess what i dont play it so how does it affect me???? it doesnt live and let live or in dayz kill and let kill in any fashion you want......

If a choice would have to be made, i would go with 1pp for immersions sake.

I think that anyone playing in 3pp is not taking the spirit of this game (hardcore realism sandbox zombie apocalypse) serious and might feel more at home in a less unforgiving game.

What's the most hardcore simulator out there?

I've never seen a flight sim that doesn't have an external camera, because despite being the most badass IRL pro-pilot, pilots also enjoy the view and also enjoy posting screenshots of their preferred airplane silhouetted against a Hawaiian sunset. 

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

With the wall hacking and pbo exploit going on, we definitely have worse things to worry about..

• Like 2

What's the most hardcore simulator out there?

I've never seen a flight sim that doesn't have an external camera, because despite being the most badass IRL pro-pilot, pilots also enjoy the view and also enjoy posting screenshots of their preferred airplane silhouetted against a Hawaiian sunset. 

Name one flight sim with persistent world, survival aspects and open PvP.

Realism realism realism. Its a game and no matter how realistic you want it to be its will still be a game and what makes a game profitable? Its customers and the majority of customers play in 3rd person and don't like night servers. If you wanna play on a 1st person server then by all means go ahead but in order for this game to continue on they have to cater to the masses. That's just business.

Listen Goats are well know for their ability to understand all aspects of any situation. Its a fact I saw it in a book.

No.

I need to enter 1pp when i camp in pine tree on 3pp server.

• Like 2

"in order for this game to continue on they have to cater to the masses. That's just business."

Catering to the masses leads to "easy" games filled with demi-gods wielding prems in primary colors using pay to win ammo fluff. Makes money doesnt it?

THIS IS SPARTA!

(with zombies instead of immortals)

Now if ud be so kind to fall into that pit...

• Like 1