Cenobyte

100man servers... my biggest fear has been realised.

I jumped on and apart from one fool i shot in the ass at the fire station Cherno was completely empty of players and i had all the lovely loot to myself.

I think there is plenty of room on the map for 100 players but people have to realise it is a big map and to get off the east coast.

Pretty much this.

I was on a 100 man server a few weeks back. It took me 15 minutes to get to a town untouched by anyone and I was fully geared 10 minutes after that. 

People raiding the coastal cities on a server that big after restart is usually a really dumb-assed idea. There are PLENTY of towns to loot that will get you geared better than most anyone else who tries for coastal cities.

After getting geared I moved to a couple of towns closer to the coast. Low and behold I was the 'badass with a gun' because all that was left were crappy clothes and no weapons for every other player I ran into.

I'm not directing this to you specifically DemonGroover, but to everyone else.

SPEND THE EXTRA 10 MINUTES AND MOVE TO AN INLAND TOWN TO LOOT! YOU WILL GET BETTER RESULTS!

Edit: I also liked the 100 player server. Was a hell of a lot of fun and you're forced to interact more. Met some dicks, but also some really cool people that I ended up teaming with.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

I welcome 100 man servers. Even higher I say!

As long as the server owner gets to choose how many people can join the server.

I have a dream...

You focus on this group, than you miss the countersniper teams in the hills dude. :P

You focus on this group, than you miss the countersniper teams in the hills dude. :P

That and this group could lay down a lot of fire at a sniper. Once the first couple drop they will have some idea where the sniper is shooting from and will be able to get angle on him so he won't have cover. 

- yep, somebody figured out how to play ARMA2 on the DayZ standalone... (maybe someone should tell them?)

My thought exactly :D

Truth is : I came for dayz, and stayed for A2 & A3... :D Seriously, BEST GAMES EVER!

Once the environment is harsher and zombies more dangerous requiring more group oriented play to reduce risk, higher population servers will hopefully be a good thing. As it stands, more people just means more chance of getting sniped randomly since everyone and their dog has a mosin with scope due to server hopping.

Having played the mod almost from the beginning, this is an accurate portrayal of what 100 man servers will be if implemented fully.

Just a complete KOS shit-show.

Especially if zombies are ramped up in difficulty.

Think about it.

Your average KOSer is not the brightest bulb but even they will figure out the easiest way to play will be to allow others to gather loot and then ambush from distance and take said loot.

The only way to force these scrubs to actually compete for resources is to have almost all your gear ruined after a firefight. It may not be "realistic" but not much of DayZ really is.

That combined with a subtle humanity system that actually introduces consequence to our negative actions is the only way to stop future DayZ from becoming COD lite. Realism must take a back seat to gameplay IMO.

Hopefully Dean has learned from the mod experience and doesn't cater to generation A.D.D.

I posted this on another post, talking about future patches.

"100 people seems like a realistic number considering the cities, and scale of the map. But all I can think of is chaos. Cherno and Electro will turn into full scale warzones, roaming bands of freshie brawlers, and everyone scrambling to get loot that isn't there. 0_0"

from the OP's post it seems to be coming true.

I was on the 100 player server for a while and there was still no one in the North. My friend and I covered half the map and didn't see anyone. 

Humanity meter? Meh, you should get a reason for players not to kill each other other than a meter that says they are bad if they do :/

I never played the mod and I know that was a thing or whatever but hearing it now sounds pretty lame. I killed x amount of "heroes" and earned x amount of points so now I'm known in game as "bandit".   That concept makes me pretty sad, I'd hate to see that. 

I think alot of KoS will be diminished when the game gets more content and changes a bit and there is more to do.

I must admit though, I don't know why they are testing 100 slot servers when the loot doesn't respawn yet.  :facepalm:

I guess they just want to see if the game can handle it?

• Like 1

I was on a 64 but it only had about 18ish players on, there was people all over in electro, I hate spawning there maybe bias from being on the east coast so much, they are working on respawning loot think sometime in the next 2 patches (forget where I saw this) Still can't start a campfire, I was sad.

Far as I'm concerned, long as streamers like Lyric keep it up, were screwed. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, and watch him while I play. The people he brings in however, are worthless. All he and his viewers do is stick to the coast, running about attacking people on sight with fists, axes, etc. While it may be great advertising, as 8000 plus people see it daily, it's giving the wrong idea of the game. Streamers like Sacriel do it right. Granted he's arrogant in his view of first vs third person, he's at least teaching proper survival up north.

Until these wing chunning, coast humping asshats learn, just stay north folks. Large servers will be amazing once you break away from the mess down south.

To all you new players, you come north into my yard with a payday mask, and military rat gear, I will shoot you without blinking.

• Like 1

I want many more than 100, so I hope that is only the beginning. People that don't like the idea of 100 man servers, that say this will turn into 'realistic CS' are ignoring everything that is planned for this game - namely less military loot and more improvised weapons. I want to be able to hang out in a bush and watch some idiot with a sharpened stick running after a n00b for his beans. So many lulz are on their way.

...Granted he's arrogant in his view of first vs third person...

LoL, he has a strong opinion on one form of gameplay AS a professional gamer, how is he arrogant about it? He clearly just understands better than you the better way to play the game.

No.

When I kill someone on the North I want him back on the coast at least 20 minutes away from me.

I do not want angry bambies commiting sudoku to get to their "random" death zone to revange kill sniper with their fists.

unwittingly the answer to server hopping presents its self in this post, increasingly difficult Sudoku puzzle completion to get in!!

LoL, he has a strong opinion on one form of gameplay AS a professional gamer, how is he arrogant about it? He clearly just understands better than you the better way to play the game.

As if your not playing first person, your wrong. That's sacriels view.

Now don't make assumptions about people you don't know Jack. It's in poor taste and you look like an ass.

I play first person. It's my preference since combat in third is inferior. Even on not Hc servers, I use first person. Only time I pop into third, Is deep in the woods to see my toon eat or drink. Immersion is nice sometimes.

Playing third person isn't wrong, it's just easy mode. It was a pre existing camera option from arma two. If rocket didn't want it, he would of removed it. Wiping your ass with someone else's opinion is pointless on this matter.

Frankly, nothing says he has a greater understanding of the game then I. Is he better? Yeah. He rolls with a squad. Have I survived longer? Yes, because I survive, not look for firefights.

Edited by Ineedscoffee
  • Like 1

Damm 100 and even 80 slots experimental servers are gone, i hope they will return when new round of experimental wil start

95 percent answered elektro :lol:

third ,first makes no difference. proved this once after some so called elitest views on here. i went first person only server killed most of the people on it who were the elitest then back to third :lol:

100 man server is going to up my kill rate sweet. B) i wont be short of beans thats for shaw. :)

As if your not playing first person, your wrong. That's sacriels view.

Now don't make assumptions about people you don't know Jack. It's in poor taste and you look like an ass.

I play first person. It's my preference since combat in third is inferior. Even on not Hc servers, I use first person. Only time I pop into third, Is deep in the woods to see my toon eat or drink. Immersion is nice sometimes.

Playing third person isn't wrong, it's just easy mode. It was a pre existing camera option from arma two. If rocket didn't want it, he would of removed it. Wiping your ass with someone else's opinion is pointless on this matter.

Frankly, nothing says he has a greater understanding of the game then I. Is he better? Yeah. He rolls with a squad. Have I survived longer? Yes, because I survive, not look for firefights.

Yeah, you clearly didn't appreciate the sarcasm in that one, too bad. Assumptions can be wrong, and in this case I was, but they have to be made to get through the day, especially when you don't know someone's position on a topic. Glad to hear you enjoy first person so much, and I'm happy to see your thoughtful explanation on why you like it, we definitely agree on many points. However, I am pretty certain rocket left 3rd person in the game to sell copies, not for any other reason.

Also, no need to compare yourself with Sacriel, I wasn't saying he was a better player than you, I was being a sarcastic asshole to jab at those who play 3rd person. Why so serious?

100 players is 2 square km per player, give or take. Still plenty of territory to accommodate :)

what would a player do in and desert field? The relevant area of the map is WAY, WAY less than that.

50 players is already too much for a map like chernarus. They should focus on making harder and more numerous zombies instead of aggravating the worst problem that the game has, the uncontrollable deathmatch.

third ,first makes no difference. proved this once after some so called elitest views on here. i went first person only server killed most of the people on it who were the elitest then back to third :lol:

No difference in what? You never stated what you were comparing about the two.

how did a discussion on 100 man servers turn into a debate on 1pp vs 3pp??? i play 1pp you play 3pp wow we like different things cool lets move on....

I look forward to higher game numbers i cant imagine myself playing on a more than 100 person server for me there needs to be some sort of isolation feel to being in a zed apoc i dont want to see more players than zeds in a gaming session lol..

But what was the original plan to try to get to 150 players thats to many for me but hey thats my taste if you play a 150 server and enjoy it kudos... Hmmm i guess its like playing 3pp or 1pp then ( its your choice) but what ever the case 40 is to low again for me... specially if they all going to sit on the coast (id like a few more interactions good or bad in places other than major mil spots...

100 men server is crazy and nonsense. I hope there will be also 40/40 server in future.

There is not enough loot for 100 men on map... not now.

Dayz goes deathmatch with this crap, cause everybody has to kill each other for getting food supplies etc.

take this 100´server shit out!

Dayz goes deathmatch with this crap, cause everybody has to kill each other for getting food supplies etc.

It should be a fight for Food...nothing wrong with that.