Cenobyte

100man servers... my biggest fear has been realised.

No way hosey 60 is far too low.

I think 80 or maybe 70 but no lower.

The map is 225 square kilometers. You think that area Cherno, Elektro, Balota, NWAF, NEAF, and Berezino combine to make no less than 30% map's total area?!? 

Have you ever looked at the map? Each of these locations is nothing more than a speck on it. Using the dayzdb map, I just calculated Cherno's area to be less than 1 square kilometer. Also, the airstrips are about 800 m long. 

Both of you have grossly overestimated the size of the current hot spots relative to the map as a whole. 
Edited by Nastradamus87

I jumped on and apart from one fool i shot in the ass at the fire station Cherno was completely empty of players and i had all the lovely loot to myself.

I think there is plenty of room on the map for 100 players but people have to realise it is a big map and to get off the east coast.

You also have to remember that some people don't even realize what the map looks like.

I've run into new players, as well as players who have been playing a dozen hours or so and they have no idea where they are going, because there is no easily accessible map - something I think should be a top priority. It's not really a rare thing to find a map of your country, hell they should spawn at the schoolhouse or whatever. It's something that greatly adds to the realism and practicality of the game in my opinion.

Most people I run into i just tell them to go to dayzdb.com

Edited by Strongtent

i want 40 player only still. i mean player encounters should be kinda rare. it IS a apocalypse.

• Like 2

My opinion is you should team up.

2v7t5ab.jpg

Oh how i long for satchel charges.....

"Hey, what's that on the road?".......BOOOM!!!!

• Like 1

I cannot find the 100 man servers... someone please be showing me the ways? 

Yeah I switched to experimental, only saw empty 65 player servers :( was wondering if everyone was on invisible 100 man servers or everyone went to bed. lol 

If you complain about having over-crowded towns now with bambi fist fights and sniper dens etc... don't forget that one day the game will be optimized and we will have a crap loads more zombies and zombie hordes, guns will attract zombies and putting yourself in a building with no other way out should be a death trap.

You will find cities being a lot less attractive and we will find more countryside encounters.

For example I ran to a barn once in the middle of no where, ran right into another player, back off then a lee enfield shot rang out across the valley and the other player died. I evaded two shots before I was in the trees running for me life. 

I have yet to have that with DayZ SA, simply because I only ever come across players in towns or bases... never randomly in the countryside... granted it was a barn but it was a single barn, by itself.

never randomly in the countryside... granted it was a barn but it was a single barn, by itself.

Just the other day I was axed by random dude in a barn. I think it was around Mogilevka or something.

I went in (red roof barn), looked at the bottom floor, thought I heard something but then he was upon me swinging fireman axe at me...game over.

I hope that they make Chernarus+  much bigger..

Q: With the standalone, you've said 100-200 players per server is a possibility. How are you going to tackle the density issue? Will the Chernarus in the stand-alone version be much bigger than the current iteration? Will we see a totally new map that's bigger?I'm just concerned about 200 players on one Chernarus-sized map. I feel that'd be more deathmatch than survival.

A: Make the maps bigger is the answer.

100 man servers = death match city.

maybe in certain areas. I was in the experimental server when it was 70 i think? hardly saw a soul. gotta remember, the map is pretty darn big.

The problem with 100 man servers isn't necessarily the dynamic of it, just the fact that there isn't much consequence to death ATM, so people naturally go find their fun in gunfights and the like

I'm sure in the future 100 man servers will be perfectly playable

100 players is 2 square km per player, give or take. Still plenty of territory to accommodate :)

Ya but who is up in  the very most north part of the map? Its pointless because loot doesnt spawn up there.

So in reality there is still going to be a fairly large conglomeration of people in the main Cities... But if you're going into a server with that many people you have to expect that..