Sign in to follow this  
Sir Trolle

What Do You Think About The Long Spawning Time ?

Anyone who thinks logout timers are a solution, or even a huge detriment to server hopping, needs to rethink that position.

Logout timers are not the answer. They are a stop-gap, and an ineffective one at that.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

This is the definition of server hopping join one and stay put.....

Everytime I join a server I Normally play on or another,

During an average playing session of 2-3 hours I lose connection a few times, but I've yet to encounter the logout timer. So I just can't imagine how you would earn yourself a 5 min timeout if you're not serverhopping, unless you have a very poor internet connection or a very poor choice of server.

And 5 minutes is not a long time at all, go walk your dog, have a cup of coffee, bathroom break or something.

Its already patched in next stable... 

EDIT hmm lol my bad, i read it as "i encounter the logout timer" hahah disregard everything i said, but from the next stable release theres no timers for joining the same server. 

Edited by Frozenjaws

Anyone who thinks logout timers are a solution, or even a huge detriment to server hopping, needs to rethink that position.

Logout timers are not the answer. They are a stop-gap, and an ineffective one at that.

it slows em down ?

This spawing time between 200-350 secounds are anoying. Every time you join another server or trying to join the same server you have to wait so long.

It's so pointless. Gettin boring to play the game because of this.. Please change the time between 30-120secounds.

You opinion guys?

I think they need to add other factors into wether you get a spawn timer or not.

ie If you get a connection verification error shortly after joining a server; its incredibly unfair to be hit with a 5 min spawn timer implamented to combat server hopers.

Look forward to this being addressed never; just like zombie A.I.

Every time you join another server or trying to join the same server you have to wait so long.

Also I'm not sure that you do get the penalty for joining the same server :/ When i log out of one by mistake or get connection lost and join it again immediately there's no penalty. And if it resets then same thing, no penalty. This is all having played under 30 mins...

Thanks for the full canteen of Server Hopper tears. I love killing you baddies in nwaf

The fact that dysnc and being kicked effect this timer is just cruel. I have trouble connecting to matches in the first place so I might have to click on three match before one even begins to actually connect. Most of the time I just get waiting on host message and it stays like that till I back out in which time is added to my spawn timer. By the time I find a match I have to wait at least 5 mins.... on top of what I had to waste searching for a match that would let me spawn...

Anything that makes combat loggers, ghosters, and hoppers whine is beautiful.

What about being stuck to one server from the moment you buy the game?

I think they got it just right originally, but now it seems they've lowered it to 200 seconds I think I read?

The only issue I've ever had with this is when you join a gimped out or lagfest server and have to drop out, then wait for the timer to get into a stable server, but hey, I'll take a small inconvenience occasionally over the server hopping madness that you used to see.

The funny part is people actually think the timers are there because of hopping/ghosting, sure it was a basic solution to these problems as well, but...  Rocket is on the record admitting the actual reason they needed these timers is because their infrastructure code is so horrible that it can't handle people logging in and out with any frequency without major problems.  They hope that some day they will be able to move into the year 2000 with the vast majority of the online gaming industry and be able to handle users actually using their systems without them being crippled, but that's a ways off.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23tzhy/just_spent_a_few_hours_on_stable_here_are_my/ch0rhzj

Edited by BonnyBrown
  • Like 1

This thread is full of the usual asshole you find on threads like these. Honestly I don't tend to hop servers, but I switch servers a good bit. Like for instance joining a friends, finding one more interesting, etc. And I still get the wait timer. I'll play in one for an 30 min. to an hour and still get one. So even though his name is Sir fucking Trolle, don't bitch about server hopping and ghosting. But honestly these fucking timers are ridiculous. I get 100 seconds each time for joining a server at any time. They need to be at the most 30 seconds. This honestly isn't even an effective way of handling hoppers and ghosters. I have gotten into a gunfight with a guy, when the server reset, and I tried joining back in, but got a 90 second wait timer when the guy had little to no wait, and shot me before I could even get off the black screen.

The funny part is people actually think the timers are there because of hopping/ghosting, sure it was a basic solution to these problems as well, but...  Rocket is on the record admitting the actual reason they needed these timers is because their infrastructure code is so horrible that it can't handle people logging in and out with any frequency without major problems.  They hope that some day they will be able to move into the year 2000 with the vast majority of the online gaming industry and be able to handle users actually using their systems without them being crippled, but that's a ways off.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23tzhy/just_spent_a_few_hours_on_stable_here_are_my/ch0rhzj

I was trying to figure out why that was so.

Long spawn time is great, it limits and cripples server hopping and ghosting.

Spawning time should be longer.

This thread is full of the usual asshole you find on threads like these. Honestly I don't tend to hop servers, but I switch servers a good bit. Like for instance joining a friends, finding one more interesting, etc. And I still get the wait timer. I'll play in one for an 30 min. to an hour and still get one. So even though his name is Sir fucking Trolle, don't bitch about server hopping and ghosting. But honestly these fucking timers are ridiculous. I get 100 seconds each time for joining a server at any time. They need to be at the most 30 seconds. This honestly isn't even an effective way of handling hoppers and ghosters. I have gotten into a gunfight with a guy, when the server reset, and I tried joining back in, but got a 90 second wait timer when the guy had little to no wait, and shot me before I could even get off the black screen.

This thread is four months old. The spawn timer that's currently in the game differs from the spawn timer this thread was discussing. The current "Spawning in 99 seconds... Please wait..." occurs even if you've been on a server for four hours. If you're kicked, you still get it. If you disconnect and reconnect to the same server, you still get it. On top of all that, after the 99 seconds have counted down, you tend to get stuck at "Please wait..." for another 99 seconds. It's a pretty terrible system, and I feel that the latter is a bug.

I am happy that you searched before you posted, though. :3

• Like 1

This thread is four months old. The spawn timer that's currently in the game differs from the spawn timer this thread was discussing. The current "Spawning in 99 seconds... Please wait..." occurs even if you've been on a server for four hours. If you're kicked, you still get it. If you disconnect and reconnect to the same server, you still get it. On top of all that, after the 99 seconds have counted down, you tend to get stuck at "Please wait..." for another 99 seconds. It's a pretty terrible system, and I feel that the latter is a bug.

I am happy that you searched before you posted, though. :3

Oh is it? I didn't realize that. Kind of stupid on my part. But yeah, still I don't like the timers. Although, I'm pretty sure eventually they're gonna get removed. They're not even there for ghosting or combat logging. Thanks.

Long spawn time is great, it limits and cripples server hopping and ghosting.

Spawning time should be longer.

Its not there for ghosting and combat logging. And when people like me switch to different servers, and get 99 second timers, its really annoying. On top of that you get a please wait, which takes another 30-99 seconds, and also spawns your character in. Which means if you spawn and someone sees you, they can shoot you, and you can't do shit. To me that's almost as bad as combat logging. No one deserves that.

As far as im concerned, its not long enough :)

Any incentive to keep players on one server and prevent then from server hopping, is welcome.

I only play on 2 different servers, never leave the server during a play session and its very possible to survive and find loot.

Ive never understood the "i need gear as fast as possible" server hopping mentality tbh.

It doesnt matter if it takes you 3 hours, a day or a week to get the gear you want. Enjoy the journey :)

Edited by Byrgesen