Sign in to follow this  
ImmunePower

Tree House

Tree House  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be tree houses in DayZ Standalone?

• Yes, it would be great!
    • Maybe, it is half-and-half.
    • No, it would be stupid!
  2. 2. If so, what would you want in a tree house?

• Stove
    • Refrigerator
    • Solar Power
    • Camo-Tarp
    • Storage Box
    • Gun Rack
    • Zip Line
    • Water Pump
    • Bed
    • Cabinet
    • Iron/Wood Door
    • Flag
    • Expansion (level 1,2 and 3)
    • This is stupid.....

I think tree houses would be an awesome base building mechanism. It would spread people out into the woods instead of in cities. It will keep us away from airfields and it also adds long term survival to the game. I almost forgot to mention that tree houses are very camoflaugey. What do you think?

post-190020-0-96057800-1392219136_thumb. post-190020-0-62610400-1392219144_thumb. post-190020-0-60705300-1392219150_thumb. post-190020-0-69390600-1392219156_thumb.

Edited by ImmunePower
  • Like 1

You may want to change your poll, as you can currently vote for everything at the same time.

I don't think anything like this is possible at the moment, but I would like to see it nontheless.

Not a tree house,but the ability to make a shooting/lookout platform on trees would be cool.

Yup, a nice constructable "deer stand" ;p I would not hunt anything but deer with it, I swear.

Oh yeah i want to see what you do in your treehouse when you are spotted by KoSing players...although it would look great. We should rather be able to claim a house rather than having to build from scratch.

Eh, sounds a bit too much Minecraft: Zombie Survival Edition. We're survivors, not settlers.

While I like the idea I wouldn't vote at this point as I'm not to sure of how well it would work out. It would be nice to be able to test it out in a minor way such as a platform or tree stand first. The climbing trees and being able to not fall off would be the first thing that would need to be done just so you would be able to put in a platform. Then there is the gear needed to climb or the adding of trees that could be climbed without gear.(I like the second idea "without gear" better as it seems more primal.)

Eh, sounds a bit too much Minecraft: Zombie Survival Edition. We're survivors, not settlers.

Also we're not people skilled in such things, and it would mean something very very tiring and it needs a lot of time and skill to do something like that, so i must say no, sorry !

• Like 1

Also we're not people skilled in such things, and it would mean something very very tiring and it needs a lot of time and skill to do something like that, so i must say no, sorry !

I built treehouses by myself when I was 7 years old, if a grown man can't build a treehouse hes a god damn woman.

This wouldn't be a good idear because:

1: People who would find it would either claim it as their own or steal everything that is in it.
2: The only way of getting up in it would probably be a ladder which would probably get you killed 50%+ of the time since ladders are currently so bugged.
3: If you're like me and you get lost easilly, you will probably have to use the map of Chernarus from google images since you can't have a full map in DayZ:SA
4: A lot of resources would have to be implemented in the game in order to build one and also new tree models in witch you will be able to build one and that would take a lot of time and effort.
5: It won't be practical since you will probably build it the middle of a forrest where there are no food/water resources.
6: It will cause aditional load on the server (since I don't see how a tree house can be saved to your character and it will probably be only on the server you've built it) and that will cause more lag.
7: If the server is gone or a new patch causes a wipe, all your hard work will be gone along with it.

I think tree houses would be an awesome base building mechanism. It would spread people out into the woods instead of in cities. It will keep us away from airfields and it also adds long term survival to the game. I almost forgot to mention that tree houses are very camoflaugey. What do you think?

attachicon.gifDayZ Tree House.jpg attachicon.gifDayZ Tree House 2.jpg attachicon.gifDayZ Tree House 3.jpg attachicon.gifDayZ Tree House 4.jpg

The truth is the survival part of the game is very easy, all you need to do is stock up on food (6-8 items is enough) and water (2-3 soda cans or 1 canteen), go to a forest on the west or north edge of the map, go prone; and do absolutely nothing else. I guarantee you will survive most likely for several many hours at a time. With the lack of vehicles, and the location of the forest not being directly in-between two urban/civilian/military areas, no one will stumble across you. A tree house isn't needed to achieve survival in the wild, and would only serve as a small landmark that stands out at a distance (even through foliage) that will attract attention. The reason players; especially geared players head back to the coast/cities/airfields is boredom, and the thrill of combat. Heck, most of us could survive the game without using weapons for days or even weeks by heading out into a well chosen forest with a nearby food source/water supply to scavenge through every server restart or two; and this will only become easier once animals are added for food supply.

I understand your reason for wanting to add a treehouse, but I don't believe it adds any other dimension to the game apart from being an easier to spot tent. Sorry pal.

Edited by Chiefo69

I'm half and half.

This sort of thing has to be done right.

Shouldn't be easy, and shouldn't be an option to store a lot of gear (because that's game breaking).

There`s another game, also something with "days", where this would suit much better i think