PsyStormZ

How many Women play this game and what do you think about it?

I love this kind of guy :)

Gentle, well mannered, an easy target :D

True but my trusty M4 is immune and got my back covered just in case : D

I met one that I remember mainly because we where new spawns, there was another fellow as well we ran together for a while on our way to Cherno, till I de-synced.

Although I do seem to have some weird feeling that girls are less likely to stab me in the back than guys are...

This will lead you to your death.

• Like 1

It kind of cracks me up how it appears to be mostly men answering this question.

I would answer but to me there is a much more important question that needs answering.  And that question is how many men play this game and what do they think about it?  I will use the answers to convince my husband to play.

I met some woman "walking" through Electro buildings, she told me how she only have the game for 3 hours and kept getting shot. Our chatter attracted a player who tried to kill us both, I shot him and let her take his gear (M4 and full tactical gear)

She insisted on following me, I recommended her not too (due to the fact I use to panic in game a lot) but she did anyway, we lasted a full 20 minutes before we both got killed in the market. 

they do exist, some people either assume they are young boys, or just KOS without speaking.

VERY UNGENTLEMANLY 

It kind of cracks me up how it appears to be mostly men answering this question.

I would answer but to me there is a much more important question that needs answering.  And that question is how many men play this game and what do they think about it?  I will use the answers to convince my husband to play.

Going off my totally unscientific theory, 900k of men play and I think you should force your husband to play, like make it a rule of your marriage going forwards.

Edited by faramon

There are plenty, I suppose, but I wouldn't treat them differently. If one would come and ask for items I wouldn't give her if I wouldn't give a guy in the same situation. Not sure if the "girl" I met a few weeks ago was a girl or a guy with a voice changer. So ye, in the end I doubt it matters if they play or not, in my opinion.

That's pretty darn scary. You can't even tell if a voice was a girl...looool. Methinks you need to get out more.

I play a few games with my friend Megan from school and it is insane what kind of crap we hear over voice communication. Most of the time we stick to just talking in skype with a few other friends because it is so redicoulus what the people in these games like DayZ say. I can see why any female player would not want to talk because the little kids that run through this game with their deragatory talk and expectations of E-Sex towards any female person playing games, it's just pathetic.

Edited by LeeFriendField

I have a great situation where my girl is in law school and when shes doing work or just chillin i always take advantage and play dayz.  She now understand the concept of dayz and how to play it but she wont try it .. for the girls responding here how do i make the transition to have her play the game now and not sit there and watch me anymore?? isnt this game more fun to play anyways than watch?  #HELP!

My girlfriend always plays DayZ with me, she has over 100 hours now. She dosn't want to shoot anyone and her favorite things in game are picking berries and putting together girly looking outfits. Its great when she gets shot at or has a zombie pounce on her, screams and freaks out. Its creepy hearing other players when they find out she is a girl, they either perv out, get mean or act chivalrous. Look out for Flower and Monkey!

fail.

ignore.

Edited by irishroy

I'm a woman and I love this game. CS:S use to be my game of choice, then I got this game and have fallen in love with it. I tried to get my boyfriend into it, but he doesnt want to play it until it is out of alpha. I myself havent met another female player, I usually only meet men( perhaps some were female with a super deep voice?)....and only an ignorant 12 year old would presume only one gender can be on the internet. And the same person who says that a female can't be on the internet probably doesn't have a girlfriend and doesn't get sandwiches :3.

• Like 4

I have seen a few videos with female players and we actually have one woman that plays with our squad. I am curious to know if there are many women that play this game and if so what they think about it. I have seen some really ignorant guys treating women badly in this game so far but I have also been treated badly. :)

I've seen probably a few dozen of female players of all ages and nationalities who have streamed their DayZ play on Twitch on regular or irregular basis since release.  I would bet that the percentage of female players is much higher than most people think.  I also think that the male players who are treating female players badly would do the same thing regardless of the game context.

I've seen 2 girls in the game so far. The first one I straight up brutally axe murdered because her friends tried to kill me. The second one was alone. I tried to give her some gear that I didn't need. She explained that she was new. Well. 2 other turds came up out of nowhere and tried to take the gear I was laying down for her. She did grab some of it. I started shooting them. Killed one and the guys buddy and and the girl both took off pretty fast lol.

I won't treat a girl differently just because she's a girl. On the second occurrence I was trying to offload some extra crap. I usually carry extras of some essentials if anyone would happen to need them. They are good bargaining tokens and will let people know you want to team up, if even for a little while.

Regardless, if you're going to act like a dick, i'm still going to end you. :D

I'm sure plenty of girls play, but for reasons already stated, they are probably wise to at least keep their identity somewhat concealed.

We had a girl in our clan back in the mod. She was actually a pretty damn good sniper and was pretty fun to hang out with. Just one of the guys in my opinion. She didnt like when dudes would act all weird.

Edited by Gekkonidae

I haven't met any female gamers in dayz since the mod

But the other day I came across a rather distressed newspawn who said he had been killed by two females, he said they told him they were friendly and when he laid stuff down they both pulled out hidden pistols and shot him for his stuff.

Guess he thought just because they were female and seemed nice they wouldn't shoot him, he seemed pretty bummed out that he had been killed by two women

I wouldn't treat anyone any different in this game, everyone is capable of betrayal and murder so it makes no difference who you are

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Yet to meet any female playing the game, but I got this gentleman-problem and always as default treat woman differently (with a lot more respect and politeness) and wouldn't rob or restrain one if encountered in game - don't hate, I was raised by two woman in a more traditional way. Additionally, my girlfriend is loving it.

Ehem, everyone needs to be treated with respect... or at least an equal amount of it. A lot of the women I know would dislike you just as much as the slobbering teenager trying to ask them out. You see the key words there are, "...treat woman differently...". It doesn't matter if you treat them better or worse than you would treat anyone else, just that you treat them better or worse because of their gender. It's still sexism. I know where you are coming from but I have had it pointed out several times(till I got it). 

• Like 1

I have a great situation where my girl is in law school and when shes doing work or just chillin i always take advantage and play dayz.  She now understand the concept of dayz and how to play it but she wont try it .. for the girls responding here how do i make the transition to have her play the game now and not sit there and watch me anymore?? isnt this game more fun to play anyways than watch?  #HELP!

Turn DayZ off and ask her out for dinner ;)

• Like 3

wow ..you even asking suggests that you should've asked about "girls" not "women" .."women" are for grown ups you know...

Its odd, i've played literally hundreds, certainly 1000hrs+ of dayz mod and yet i've never once met a woman in game, or at least that is to say i've not met a player who turned out to be female when speaking.

I guess there could be loads of silent women out there.  Slightly creepy thought.

Got to say that DayZ is my new favorite game. It use to be TERA, but DayZ opened so many other doors. It's kind of nice to always be on edge. Unfortunately I've met some pretty weird ass bandits. I don't care weither or not you know my gender, but if put in a weird situation I'll take at least one bandit with me, or die trying. >:C

• Like 1