PsyStormZ

How many Women play this game and what do you think about it?

Welp, I'm pretty much a newbie.

I had this game for about 4 weeks but didn't play quite that much because of all the KOS going on at the bambi sites.

(On a related note, I could use someone who inducts me into all this tactical thinking a little), but yeah - this game is fun, and I like it.

Mostly (due to KOS Players and people handcuffing you and taking off all your clothes for sheets and giggles) I keep to myself. I think I'll wait until basebuilding starts happening.

But yeah, we're out there, and me, personally - hey, I'm friendly. And not just because some trigger happy buttheads outnumber me. If I'm somewhat geared up, I'm happy to help. Just don't expect me to give you ammo for your gun or an axe until I'm a few feet away.

I'd be amazed if there were folks out there who would be seriously willing to take me under the wing and give me some tactical and shooting training. Paranoia sets in fairly quick when you play alone.

Quick hint for all the guys: Treat us fairly. No more and no less. Don't be immature. Jokes get really old really fast. Remember: We're girls. Some of us like to talk things through before any rash decisions are made ^^

Take care and don't KOS - it's not all bad out there :-)

lollerskates nice try

its-a-tarp-719413.jpg

Edited by alleycat

Alleycat - A tarp? Think no such thing, young sir! I really do like to be nice. I'm a girl, remember? I have a mothering and nurturing instinct. All those helpless widdle bambis!!! I wants to run and snuggle with dem ^^ Once they grow up I might or might not take a shot at them.

But oooh, prettyful tarp. Much blue, such cover ;-)

Edited by Demonica

I have seen a few videos with female players and we actually have one woman that plays with our squad. I am curious to know if there are many women that play this game and if so what they think about it. I have seen some really ignorant guys treating women badly in this game so far but I have also been treated badly. :)

Its that way on every game. Different people handle it their own way. I know one of the best players (not just among female gamers) in FPS games and she generally beats them horribly and mocks them until they rage. I have my own way of making them rage but I just say and do extremely weird and random things until they are left scratching their heads in confusion. I learned that back on Xbox Live. It is surprisingly effective.  :o

I dont think anything about it besides wondering why you would even make this thread.

Demoth, I'm 33, so I don't think there is any age or gender "Limitations" other than what you set yourself.

I have yet to get a headset. but my mic works some of the time, I can always hear and answer through DC. What's your guys experience (or if there's a thread pls link) when people don't / can't use Direct Communication / TS / Voice? Do they get shot because they don't answer fast enough? Don't mean to go off topic but trying to get a feel for other players.

As a woman, some folks like the "damsel in distresss" POV, some like to bait them with it, others use them as a hostage (like we ladies don't respawn like everyone else and it really means that much LOL)

I'm in Oregon but I have a weird time schedule (starting own business etc.) so sometimes I play 8 hours straight, some days not at all.

And thanks for all your answers. Quite fast, they are :-)

Get a mic im not a KOS player unless its on a airfield or mil base(way to much tension in these places) but as a rule i stalk a person watch make sure there alone and then announce myself from behind gun ready ( friendly approach no but it keeps me alive) and my rule is if they dont speak then they generally not playing for interaction so yeah i shoot them ...if they talk and we can get a little trust going gun gets lowered and maybe some trade happens friendly chat then ill slip away ( or if its me and the missus we cover each other taking turns moving 50m with other keeping eye on last met person..

Its harsh world and i make no claim to being a hero but then i am no bandit either i am a survivor..

.if they talk and we can get a little trust going gun gets lowered 

That could be your first and last mistake! I'll never lower my weapon in this game because you never know who may be a follower of Moe Szyslak. Szyslakians are taught to lure their potential victim into a false sense of security and then BAM!! The old fork in the eye! Or in this case, an axe to the cranium but you get the general idea.  :o

• Like 1

That could be your first and last mistake! I'll never lower my weapon in this game because you never know who may be a follower of Moe Szyslak. Szyslakians are taught to lure their potential victim into a false sense of security and then BAM!! The old fork in the eye! Or in this case, an axe to the cranium but you get the general idea.  :o

Thats why its good to have the missus there as back up, she keeps hers up. She is  a pretty good shot and likes the b95 the good old 7.62 round 1 after the other... little trust not blind fool ;)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Female Gamer on Voice Chat: "omg, i am dying of starvation"

"Big wave of players coming down a Hill with beans on their hands" ahaha

but seriously, why treat everyone diferently depending on who they are??treat them according on how you would like to be are treated, and if being badly treated Ignore(or shoot him/her ---> seems better!!)

you catch assholes everywhere, either in a game or real life, if they do, they should ignore them, simple as that!!

but I do like to see diversity on videogamers genders!!

OP wants some numbers guys, chill.

On Topic never meet a female gamer, but if i do, she will receive the same treatment as everyone else. Bullet to the head.

Edited by SolidOwlPL

Everyone gets treated horribly in this game. Some videos of play make me question humanity. I been playing for a month in the standalone. I still haven't KOS. I have killed players, but just those who are threatening or who are attacking my teammates.

"Who cares"

to both points

/thread

Exactly this.  Why is this thread even a topic?  How many Chinese play this game and what do you think?  How many Mexicans play this game and what do you think?  How many blind people play this game and what do you think?

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Haven't met any, but anyone who makes a rape joke, whether over a female player or a female player-model gets shot in the face. Grow up or bleed out.

• Like 2

My girlfriend and I play this game side by side and while I love every moment of it, she becomes increasingly frustrated in her first hour just trying to find food. After that she lightens up and seems to enjoy the game much more. I had to talk her out of axing a fellow bambi who just wanted some canned food opened for him since he didnt have a blade. He was begging and she was asking me, "Can I chop him up?" I had to talk her down, the poor guy was just starving and was so greatful afterward. I am just glad for his sake he didn't have to hear our conversation about her eagerness to slay him.

• Like 1

I'm sure titties have little significance here, but my other-half is absolutely dreadful when it comes to gaming - particularly PC gaming. She has zero co-ordination when it comes to keyboard & mouse control, and she doesn't have the patience to play tactically. I've had her playing BF3 in the past and that was, entertaining. I've also played some RPGs/MMOs with her and she's a little better at those - I think they're a little more forgiving. I'm not sure how she'd feel about axing someone in the face for can of Pipsi. If it comes down in price, I might buy her copy just for my own amusement. It'll certainly be a challenge keeping her alive!

As I say, I'm sure titties have little part to play and it's merely co-incidental that she happens to be a girl and happens to be god-awful at video games. I'm sure there are plenty of gal's who can hold their own.

I used to play with my ex when we were together.

I met her on a game called Grepolis which was an massive online game that was live 24/7, so even when you were sleeping you could get attacked. I was #3 in the world with regarding points, #1 in the world for attacking and #1 for defense. I basically conquered everything and several oceans surrounding my original base and I was unstoppable. The game became boring with 36 cities though, having to farm resources and all that. So she quit when I did.

Then we got into some games on Steam together, I forget what the first one was called, but from there we went to BF3 & Dead Island the 2nd one, then between BF3 we played War Z before it was changed to Infestation, but the dev was a douche and lied about everything including what servers would be priced at. To top it off cheats ran wild unless you were in a private server. Just got tired of all the cheats/hacks lack of support and what not so we both quit playing. Then we went back to playing BF3 for awhile until she got busy with uni.

Then we split up and I stopped playing BF3 because I reached colonel level 100 and it became boring, so I started playing Day Z only because of having a $1020 video card(GTX Titan Superclocked). I played on a private server which was fun because it wasn't much PvP at least none from when I was on unless some random person got on that wasn't on TS with the clan I was playing with. Then the owner of the server kept tampering with the AI and I was hiding behind the Armored SUV and got shot through it and lost all my stuff. So because of that glitch I stopped playing because he should of left the AI the way it was from get go.

So I haven't been playing really anything, nor has she but we're still not together. I'm just waiting for Titanfall to come out so I can play that, and I'm waiting for the day z stand alone to be released mainly because I'm not interested in playing alpha or beta. I ran into several chicks I used to play BF3 with though, and at one point I played with one girl so much that my girl got pretty jealous and flipped out because of it.

All in all though I don't treat the chick any different than I would a guy. I trash talk and t-bag when I killed somebody on BF3 whether it was a guy or a girl. I've actually had some of the girls come on to me and try to get my # and stuff because I ignored them and treated them just like another person. They don't really like to be hit on and annoyed when they're just trying to have fun like the rest of us.

EDIT:
When I actually met my girl on Grepolis, I was getting ready to conquer her city and instead decided to make her an ally to help me take out the ocean below me because I was still new to the game and I was taking on like 10 different people. What I normally did on that game I befriended the people I thought could hit me back due to their city size or how many cities they had and I would jot down when they were on, when they weren't on so that way I attacked while they weren't on to dodge my attack and all. Sneaky yes, but very strategic.

Edited by xrxex

why is this a topic of discussion? Who cares how many women play this game?

not shitting on your topic but I really don't see how this is relevent to anything :/ that's just my opinion though

I can't even wonder around the zombie-infested post-appocolapyse for more than five minutes without a girl hitting on me. I only bought Day Z because it works out cheaper than an eharmony membership. It's where I pick up all my bitches, yo!

why is this a topic of discussion? Who cares how many women play this game?

not shitting on your topic but I really don't see how this is relevent to anything :/ that's just my opinion though

Was mainly curious about how women are treated in the game. I have seen some videos where guys take it a bit too far and are extremely abusive to women and just wanted to hear from others about it. I know women play games but this game is different from anything I have ever encountered in regards to interaction. 

Meeting a guy along the road to Electro

Me:"Hey buddy!"

Random Guy:"Oh hi, you're a girl!!!!!!"

Me:"Ehm..So?"

Random Guy:"Are u single?"

wtf? 

Was mainly curious about how women are treated in the game. I have seen some videos where guys take it a bit too far and are extremely abusive to women and just wanted to hear from others about it. I know women play games but this game is different from anything I have ever encountered in regards to interaction. 

There are 3 women and 2 guys in the group i play with sometimes and we don't treat anyone differently because that would be stupid.

i haven´t seen a single girl in the game when i have played (147 hours)

I've seen 6.

475 hours.

One day...