PsyStormZ

How many Women play this game and what do you think about it?

I make my girl friend play most I games I do. But for DayZ she will refuse running around untill there is more stuff to do. 

(Writing that line made me think that she might be smarter than me... Bah, no way!.)

I do. And I play a lot, I just wish women had a bigger aspect into the game, with proper feminine survival clothing and hairstyles and noises. The noises are currently the same as the male's noises

I do. And I play a lot, I just wish women had a bigger aspect into the game, with proper feminine survival clothing and hairstyles and noises. The noises are currently the same as the male's noises

Um we all wish we had more customizations hair face etc.. please specify what you mean by feminine survival clothing the clothes fit female avatar there standard cloths one might find in eastern europe??? as for noises yeah the male moans of pain are place holders

Um we all wish we had more customizations hair face etc.. please specify what you mean by feminine survival clothing the clothes fit female avatar there standard cloths one might find in eastern europe??? as for noises yeah the male moans of pain are place holders

According to the suggestion thread it would be the stereotypical clothes that female characters wear in computer/video games. You know the type that protects really well from rain, sun, wind, cold temperatures...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172173-women-clothes/

• Like 1

According to the suggestion thread it would be the stereotypical clothes that female characters wear in computer/video games. You know the type that protects really well from rain, sun, wind, cold temperatures...

ah yes ok i get the picture wow way to stereo type your own sex there dayzgirl... im sure while running for your life from zeds, bandits, facing hunger the cold weather your going to worried about wearing a tight fitting shorter skirt with boots.

I dont KOS but i would seeing that cause your going to freeze to death so it would only be a kindness( and i mean literally freeze when the weather effects come in as rocket has suggested...

Welp, I'm pretty much a newbie.

I had this game for about 4 weeks but didn't play quite that much because of all the KOS going on at the bambi sites.

(On a related note, I could use someone who inducts me into all this tactical thinking a little), but yeah - this game is fun, and I like it.

Mostly (due to KOS Players and people handcuffing you and taking off all your clothes for sheets and giggles) I keep to myself. I think I'll wait until basebuilding starts happening.

But yeah, we're out there, and me, personally - hey, I'm friendly. And not just because some trigger happy buttheads outnumber me. If I'm somewhat geared up, I'm happy to help. Just don't expect me to give you ammo for your gun or an axe until I'm a few feet away.

I'd be amazed if there were folks out there who would be seriously willing to take me under the wing and give me some tactical and shooting training. Paranoia sets in fairly quick when you play alone.

Quick hint for all the guys: Treat us fairly. No more and no less. Don't be immature. Jokes get really old really fast. Remember: We're girls. Some of us like to talk things through before any rash decisions are made ^^

Take care and don't KOS - it's not all bad out there :-)

Welp, I'm pretty much a newbie.

I had this game for about 4 weeks but didn't play quite that much because of all the KOS going on at the bambi sites.

(On a related note, I could use someone who inducts me into all this tactical thinking a little), but yeah - this game is fun, and I like it.

Mostly (due to KOS Players and people handcuffing you and taking off all your clothes for sheets and giggles) I keep to myself. I think I'll wait until basebuilding starts happening.

But yeah, we're out there, and me, personally - hey, I'm friendly. And not just because some trigger happy buttheads outnumber me. If I'm somewhat geared up, I'm happy to help. Just don't expect me to give you ammo for your gun or an axe until I'm a few feet away.

I'd be amazed if there were folks out there who would be seriously willing to take me under the wing and give me some tactical and shooting training. Paranoia sets in fairly quick when you play alone.

Quick hint for all the guys: Treat us fairly. No more and no less. Don't be immature. Jokes get really old really fast. Remember: We're girls. Some of us like to talk things through before any rash decisions are made ^^

Take care and don't KOS - it's not all bad out there :-)

If your playing around prime time for Australians i am sure my wife could give you a few hints and tips she is ( even though i rib her that she sucks as she ribs me back) pretty decent i have always been thankfull for her back upin the fire fights we have gotten into....

One of my best kills was on a girl... or at the very least, someone using a voice changer. Either way....

Some girl ran up to me and said she was new and was trying to find her way around. She also claimed to be shot at and asked if I had a spare weapon. So I gave her an Magnum. What she did not realize was the magnum was ruined, as were the bullets inside.

She picked it up and said, "So trusting" and I hear *click click* as the gun was pointed at me. I just calmly replied that you can't trust anyone, and shot her in the face.

So no, just cause you're a chick doesn't mean jack.

Two girls in my group (8)

Giggles and screams guaranteed, we all know each other irl which helps greatly.

My gf wanted to play, but when she found out you pretty much had to talk on a headset she lost interest. Not big on communicating with strangers, that one.

I mean, you don't have to, but it definitely helps with player interaction. 

She's been watching over my shoulder a bit in the past few days though, so I think she's thinking about playing anyway.

I don't understand the point of this thread. I didn't realize video games were gender-biased.

Some people just like the idea of playing with girls, though not sure why it would matter. Some guys just feel that games can also act as a real life social setting and meet a gal who likes what they like; while it has happened, I would say it's a VERY low probability and should not be a go-to method.

My wife, being 40, has absolutely no interest in video games and hasn't for 40 years. She thinks they are a waste of time and begrudgingly leaves me in peace to play them for a couple hours here and there.

Honestly, I kind of prefer it this way as if she were a gamer I might not get as much done as she motivates me to do.

• Like 2

Demoth, I'm 33, so I don't think there is any age or gender "Limitations" other than what you set yourself.

I have yet to get a headset. but my mic works some of the time, I can always hear and answer through DC. What's your guys experience (or if there's a thread pls link) when people don't / can't use Direct Communication / TS / Voice? Do they get shot because they don't answer fast enough? Don't mean to go off topic but trying to get a feel for other players.

As a woman, some folks like the "damsel in distresss" POV, some like to bait them with it, others use them as a hostage (like we ladies don't respawn like everyone else and it really means that much LOL)

I'm in Oregon but I have a weird time schedule (starting own business etc.) so sometimes I play 8 hours straight, some days not at all.

And thanks for all your answers. Quite fast, they are :-)

Edited by Demonica

Lots, they just don't speak because they don't want little permavirgins humping their leg 24/7.

You deserve beans for the use of the word "permavirgins".

Some people just like the idea of playing with girls, though not sure why it would matter. Some guys just feel that games can also act as a real life social setting and meet a gal who likes what they like; while it has happened, I would say it's a VERY low probability and should not be a go-to method.

My wife, being 40, has absolutely no interest in video games and hasn't for 40 years. She thinks they are a waste of time and begrudgingly leaves me in peace to play them for a couple hours here and there.

Honestly, I kind of prefer it this way as if she were a gamer I might not get as much done as she motivates me to do.

LOL i am 40 almost 41 my wife is 29 she hated the idea of gaming but i won her over....

In retrospect  may not have been a good idea as it did cost me 2000 bucks building her a gaming rig but hey as they say the couple that play together stay together....( not in any way saying your relationship is not perfect as it is just i get more gaming time now cause she games to ...)

Demoth, I'm 33, so I don't think there is any age or gender "Limitations" other than what you set yourself.

I have yet to get a headset. but my mic works some of the time, I can always hear and answer through DC. What's your guys experience (or if there's a thread pls link) when people don't / can't use Direct Communication / TS / Voice? Do they get shot because they don't answer fast enough? Don't mean to go off topic but trying to get a feel for other players.

As a woman, some folks like the "damsel in distresss" POV, some like to bait them with it, others use them as a hostage (like we ladies don't respawn like everyone else and it really means that much LOL)

I'm in Oregon but I have a weird time schedule (starting own business etc.) so sometimes I play 8 hours straight, some days not at all.

And thanks for all your answers. Quite fast, they are :-)

Err, why was that directed towards me? I wasn't saying there are limitations to age or gender.

At the cost of sounding like I'm stereotyping, girls I've met while gaming are more into being fashionable than guys who also game. It's been my experience in real life, though that's hardly indicative of the whole world. Still, my friends and I could barely dress ourselves until we got girlfriends who knew how to make sure we were up to date with trends. My wife still dresses amazingly no matter what day it is or where we're going.

Guys are definitely catching up with being trendy. What DayZ Girl suggested in the thread you linked isn't necessarily bad. Having tons of options, some being far more fashion than function, would make sense in the world.... but either only as a hold over until you found warm clothing, or unless they add in an area where you can dress how you want without worry from the elements, like player made bases (where you could still be shot if a bandit got in, or if it was attacked)

I will admit, however, that it will somewhat ruin the atmosphere if the game was flooded with male bandits running around in miniskirts, pumps, tube tops and rocking M4s.

• Like 1

I had one in the video that I posted. She was god awful at the game though lol.

Sorry, Demoth, I had a brain hiccup there. That sometimes happens with me :rolleyes:  Next time I'll actually read and check to make sure. Must be all the KOS Shots to the head I have been experiencing lately. ^^

As0iX - where can I find the link to that video? I'd like to see it.

Well, off to another round of DayZ. Take care guys!