remesama

Anyone else paranoid?

after i played the game.. i got more alert.. i get scared by my cat almost everyday

i seem to have this...connection with the game 

does anyone else have this?

• Like 6

I've had that before the game mate. Whenever someone walks near me, I always jump into sort've a combat stance, not super evident, but I'm ready to defend myself. That's probably because of my addiction with martial arts and Chuck Norris from ages 5-9... I don't think this is because DayZ though, since I've done it for years...

Yes.  I too have problems, back in the mod I would often freak out when I heard a car/plane/heli pass overhead, sometimes my CPU fan would rev up and I'd wonder if there was a Heli nearby on to me.

Is being paranoid that bad? In DayZ, no. It's one thing to believe everyone's out to get you, quite another when it's actually true.

Yes.

On the other hand, I was driving home from work and my car started rubber-banding

But that's OK I'm used to it.

xx

• Like 6

Paranoid? Me? Naw... I always jump when I hear simulated birds  ^_^

I know a simple swing of the axe takes down a zombie but my heart races every time I hear one near by. I'm such a weenie.

No i think im fine. This game doesnt affect me as much as people might think like, I dropped my books on the way to class but i knew i just had to wait for them to spawn. 

• Like 4

I remember when I went outside of my house for a smoke, I saw a dude walking with a flashlight indoors, first thought "omg, what a noob he will be spotted" .

The only thing thing that as carried over from this game into real life is whenever someone eats loudly or pops open a can of soda, I snap my head around to see where it came from, lol...

• Like 1

Hello there

You guys need to get out more.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 5

Everytime I fire a shot at my enemy, my hand palms sweat.

after i played the game.. i got more alert.. i get scared by my cat almost everyday

*Startled, looks over his shoulder.*

WHO SAID THAT!!!?

:D

I get paranoid when looting high risk places. I also think that the feeling crosses over in real life.

We've got this shortcut to my place in the middle of two warehouses. The alley's a sixmeter walk but because the area's not well lit, its a bit risky to cross. I tend to look back (ala ALT key) and carefully peeking first before I cross to make sure no one's stalking me. Next time I pass there, I'll make sure to put my fists up.

Edited by ramstormrage

I no longer feel... things. I'm 250 hours in and there is nothing left. An empty shell... hazing fresh spawns... trying to feel... something.

I lost it one day when someone attacked my girlfriend with a knife. I managed to  shoot him, but he didn't die. So I cuffed him, and then chopped him up slow with a machete.

Paranoid? I have no idea what that feels like anymore.

lol jk

You have...

PDSD = Post DayZ Stress Disorder

Take a chill pill... :beans:

• Like 2

I saw somebody in my house yesterday so I shouted "are you friendly?"

I got no response so I killed them; turned out it was my mother.

• Like 2

You don't have to be paranoid to think that someone is following you....

You get the feeling when somebody is near by.

I was looting Balota while ago being very cautious, 2 bullets loaded in the double rifle and a baseball bat on my back, I got lucky at Cherno firestation and found some camo clothing with a DPM vest.

Whilst in one of the sleeping quarters at Balota I heard a very unusual "smashing glass" sound followed by a zombie run, I looked around and after killing the zombie I put it down to "bugged ambient sounds" like we had at the start of the Alpha so I continued looting.

I entered the second parallel barracks and seen that the last door was open whilst every other door in the airfield was closed, I moved down with my weapon aimed and a guy jumped on the ground right in front of me, I held Caps Lock and got as far as saying "Don't" before he opened fire, I put both rounds in to his head whilst he was prone and killed him, then went on to say things like "I wasn't going to fucking shoot you" and "There was an M4 in the next room you could have had if you didn't shoot, fucking idiot". Anyway, after that I put the pieces together; the "smashing glass" sound I heard earlier was that guy trying to shoot through the glass and kill me (Glass is bulletproof for some reason), and at some point during the realization that I should have been dead at least 10 minutes ago but wasn't (I felt quite good knowing that); this song below came on in my playlist and I enjoyed the moment as I ran toward Zelenogorsk, fully geared up with pristine M4 and ACOG.

Paranoia gets you in good places ;)

i'm paranoid to an unhealthy amount, every little thing makes me freakout, this paranoia has carried over to every other game i play and real life lol