TheMachine

Why aren't there 'fat' characters in DayZ?

We can choose our skin colour, our outfits and our gear, yet we can't choose to make characters that are different body types?

As a big guy (see avatar) I really feel like I've been left out in the cold here, especially in a game that trumpets hyper realism in so many other ways.

Perhaps fat characters could move slower but have a higher resistance to starvation and cold?

PS. Being fat is beautiful, don't let anyone bring you down my brothers. 

• Like 2

photo-thumb-19774.jpg?_r=1381349956

63adf70a2c95b67ed30c1e6031d13ca48bb74638

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 14

Because you're scavenging for food, I would imagine your body would lose weight rather fast as you begin to starve.

• Like 2

Because you're scavenging for food, I would imagine your body would lose weight rather fast as you begin to starve.

Actually you'd lose muscle mass before you lost fat, fat takes months to lose (believe me I've tried).

If we could choose weight + height. I'd be a small skinny dude. Wouldn't see me as easy ;) 
It's a no go imo.

Well....maybe the dev team will implement a char-weight system?!?!

Who knows....the only thing i know he's right about is the cold resistance.

• Like 1

Actually you'd lose muscle mass before you lost fat, fat takes months to lose (believe me I've tried).

this is completely false. your body consumes fat before it consumes muscle. try again lol xD

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 7

Uh, because adding the ability to customise the sizes and shapes of one's features isn't their first priority.

• Like 4

Its alpha, and for that theres a very simple character customization, largely to do with two main reasons:

1. They may be planning it but have not implemented it yet, instead of complaining about t not being in suggest it to the devs

2. Character customization done like say skyrim would put a big load on the server and seeing as the game os in the most part un optimised it may cause even worse lag,

Its alpha

Wait come again? what is it?

:P

Maybe, just maybe, they have all been out of shape. It would only make sense if you think about it.

They had been fairly wellsized before the apocalypse and only started starving since then. This is why they appear to be quite slim, but yet starve to death within 5 minutes of not eating anything.

Wait come again? what is it?

ALPHER!

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

That would be kind of cool. Fat character wouldn't need to eat as much to stay energized because he would have more energy reserves. He would run more slowly and be more visible, though. Vice versa for a skinny character.

1st rule of Zombieland: Cardio.

Seriously though, I think it would be hilarious to see a bunch of... larger characters running though cherno. Hell, they could even add physx for all the jiggling for uber-immersion.

dude... rofl sry but.... omg

an afteraight?!

du u ever see zombieland as postet above? :lol:

Edited by quantum2k6

You know...beside all the talk about fat characters and such,i really really would like to see fat zombies in game,

something like the Juggernauts on State of Decay.

Juggernaughtportrait.jpg
sod_juggernaut.jpg
  • Like 3

Incorrect. You'd definitely lose fat from exercising. Muscles would be kept in tone due to exercising. You should try it sometime. Get rid of that avatar, it's making me feel sick.

Basically the answer to your question is. I don't know. Maybe we should have different body sizes but let's be honest. Fat is ugly and no one wants to look at an ugly butt while playing dayz. Too skinny is ugly too though so I'm not biased. Maybe more average builds would be nice, but obese? No thanks, I'll pass

That would be kind of cool. Fat character wouldn't need to eat as much to stay energized because he would have more energy reserves. He would run more slowly and be more visible, though. Vice versa for a skinny character.

So wrong. Fat people do not have more energy reserves. Furthermore they would use more energy because of carrying around the extra weight. So many misconceptions in this thread

Edited by Irenicus

Having been on the run for two years, you'd definitely have lost a lot of fat and built a lot of muscle.

If you exercise regularly (3-4 times a week), you'd build muscle mass pretty quick.

This was covered in the film zombie land, the fat people when first due to lack of cardio, seeing how its set after a zombie uprising ( I think ) most of them got gobbled up!

Edited by Mr duke
  • Like 1

To be honest, the reason there are no fat people in DayZ because they are either dead, or have lost weight due to the massive shortage of supplies. Just surviving would take up all your calories. That however doesn't mean that people that are already dead can't be fat. I would like to see fat zombies some day.

Being fat is NOT a choice, some people just have different genetics. 

It is a choice, there has been countless reports of fat people becoming normal in about a year. Its all about calorie intake, obviously different people have different metabolisms so diets vary slightly, but being fat is a choice. If it was genetic we would see the same amount fat people in the past but we don't because they lack food, the only fat person i can recall is Henry VIII who was a king.

• Like 3