Slyguy65

This game. And the people who play it

Being friendly is a viable option, but Is it an easy way to play? Heck no.

Giving people on the coast weapons that are loaded, expecting them to return the favour in kindness is not the smartest move and will send you back to the coast more times than not OP.

Being friendly does not mean you have to be nice to absolutely everyone, especially on the coast. Slow down and be patient, watch fellow survivors actions. Go in with the advantage.

You will gauge things a lot more accurately than running in gun ho.

• Like 1

Honestly OP , to avoid this , you should simply choose the servers you play on with more care , and/or play on hardcore servers. Someplace are just like magnets for stupid players....

Well DayZ is not your typical "Call of Duty" casual game where everyone can win.

In DayZ there will be losers starving and getting owned on the coast and winners who will puke from being overfed while killing losers with their unlimited farmed guns.

• Like 2

I got attacked my an axe maniac the other day and I got shot at after spawning on the coast (but escaped), but aside from that I haven't been killed by another player for quite some time. (Touch wood.)

Playing yesterday, I encountered 4 or 5 separate individuals in a couple of hours - all were friendly and stopped to chat and exchange supplies. This is fairly typical of my experience in the game overall. Maybe it's the difference between the US and European servers?

I know someones already said inb4 alpha, but motherfucking alpha. 

Yes, I know a significant portion of the playerbase are fucktarded little kids who should be slapped. A lot. Then sent to bed. Without supper.  

But at the moment we don't have cars, we don't have hunting, we don't have storage, we don't have working zombies and most importantly we don't have a fully operational disease system. 

The last two items on that list will hopefully put players in a position where they're likely to NEED help. I dunno about you, but I'm not interested in talking to random patronizing strangers on the internet offering me stuff that I can get on my own. The game is just too easy at the moment, because it's an alpha, and because of that fact people aren't gonna want your help, because they don't need it. 

If you're having a shit time with people, just wait a bit, more stuff will come in and hopefully sort things out. 

yes

The past 3 lives have honestly shown me the game and its playerbase/community/ players whatever. Are honestly just getting worse. And what I have learned from how this game is "changing" or IMO degrading, and making the game virtually UN-enjoyable to solo players who don't want to sit and camp a place just to kill every 30 minutes a person walks through. Its quickly becoming the only available play style for solo players and that is bullshit.

Let me explain with 3 short simple stories (mind you these are back to back in one playthrough (4 hours). Mind you these all took place on full pop HARDCORE servers (and here i thought the people on hardcore had more finesse, and class).

Life 1: I have tons of gear, cause honestly no one ever goes to the best loot place on map if you know what it is you know what i mean since the newest update. Anyway point is I can get 2 primaries and enough food and clothing for 2 people within 10-30 minutes, so looting is simple and easy and honestly once you know where to look it becomes second nature. Now on to the actual experiences.

So im running down to berezino cause I find camping and waiting for player in one location for 30 minutes or more just to shoot them is boring and pathetic so I try to think of more interesting ways to play, Currently I was just wanting to find fresh spawn running north and give them food and my second primary. Anyway I come to berezino and for the 5th time on a 30+/40 server it is barren, BUT I get to the construction site and come across 2 fresh spawns, I greet them they respond I tell them I got a lot of stuff to give them and to follow me to the barn so they do I begin to drop food and say I am giving them a gun and all of a sudden the life their fists and charge me...as im giving them stuff....they KO me then shoot me (BTW i had a helmet on worked against fists like a charm....) so ya that was just a moment where I just sat there saying really?

Life 2: Im a fresh spawn i run to berezino on a new server, i get there and come across 2 guys with newish loot one has a shotgun, they talk to me i respond they tell me to take my backpack off (i had nothing it was clear) so to prove i was unarmed...they then kill me and say "sorry not enough loot to go around"....I just sat there again saying ...really, I mean the least the idiots coulda done is just shoot me on sight since i wasn't even moving...but no they waste everyones time just to say meh POW it was just stupid.

Life 3 (you know what they say about true despair? when you have the most hope and right as it nears the top BAM its taken away)

This is the best example of what this game has become

I was in a server. I kid you not EVERYONE or at least 90% of the server at least was at elektro just camping in buildings waiting for someone to pass their site to say BOOM HEADSHOT. I know this I came across a guy with a backpack who just ran through it I had like 5 guns handguns shotgun 2 primaries, I was tempted to give him a gun but I knew he was going to a place that had guns and nobody around sooo I didn't bother risking it, so instead I gave him some food and water to get him where he needed to go and moved on. So as recommended I just ran around elektro, no one was on sniper hill (sniping is pretty rare now at least from sniper hills that ive seen) I get to kamyshovo and my god...let me just say this I honestly think DayZ should just be renamed Chernarus Deathmatch or more appropriately Elecktro Deathmatch. With a taste of homicidal rock um sockem robots. Because I came across literally 9 people just bolting it back to elektro after failing to hear a response the second time I simply started using the robots as aiming practice (only way to learn) I didn't kill any cause well they are hard to hit with fists up and zig zagging not to mention giving them a head start by trying to greet them. So im on the mountain after passing the 5th robot and all of a sudden i turn around to see a guy with his fists up right behind me he tried killing me i shot him after the bullet kept clipping right at my guns barrel a few times. I then come to kamyshovo where I see another man running he stops after i greet him and he silently start skirting around me and after a few seconds with no response starts trying to run circles and KO me...I kill him. Another man comes, head on he dies, another gets the jump on me while dropping a mag, i reload and end him. Ya...nothing, no talking at all, no sign they are even human god forbid you trash talk or something but no...probably just in a VOIP or silently trying to get back at the others who would (in their mind) do the same to them).

But finally I come across a guy with a gun ( I had the jump on him mind you) he greets me and we put our guns down, he is starving so we get in a house I tell him how everyone on the server is a malfunctioning robot who is bent on death. So we talk and he tells me he was following an unarmed guy (he was probably trying to kill him since i caught him, this is hindsight mind you). Anyway new fresh spawn who ACTUALLY TALKS AND IS HUMAN joins us in the house after i give the gun man food the new guy says he needs water so i lead them to the well. And they tell me where they came from where they headed, and all of a sudden gun guy shoots me and says "well I hope you enjoyed playing the game but im taking your guns you little fucker, oh man all his stuff is ruined oh well later bitch". Aaaaaaand that was my stopping point.

In conclusion, am i whining? A bit, but mainly im pointing out how just like the mod the player base is degrading due to the "eye for an eye" effect and the excessive YOLOing is LITERALLY showing that this game IS NOT a survival game its a #YOLO ELEKTRO FTW whatever that is.

AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE

Because the only thing we have heard is that guns will be more rare and there will be more loot, and when it comes to mechanics...we get hunting, barricading, cooking, all stuff from the mod....but no word on anything more in depth like optional activities or other things to do besides loot-shoot-repeat. I bought SA thinking they were going to build what the mod should of have been...not a smoother running version of the mod that has more/different loot that serves no purpose if it isn't food or a gun.

Honestly I don't think they want this game to be CoD+running simulator 2000 considering the effort put into the health system and other small things, but right now its so easy and simple to just kill and camp that it just makes the game a deathmatch and nothing else.

TBH I think people just want this game to be a griefing simulator more than anything, considering the type of people I come across; jumpy cowards, (the majority of people I have come across anyway) they shoot for the sake of not knowing what else to do, or the true scum the ones who have time to burn in the hopes of simply wasting someone else s time by sitting on a hill or near a hot spot to get off on being the person to end what someone put work into. Its pretty demented honestly, and unless some good changes are put into to allow for actual communication or variety then I just see this game degenerating into a game where only people who found a group and play and horde with that group will stay and will drive away any new players that want to get in on the "fun". Without innovation the game will simply fade and die especially since the genre is already being copied by games like nether and rust, rush seems to have a lot of big plans but dayz just seems like making a reboot of the mod with nothing truly new, again, they could be hiding the big stuff but honestly from what i can tell for atleast this whole year it will be more of the same...just less loot (aka more server hopping hermits).

TLDR

Simply put, most people are becoming spiteful children who follows the eye for an eye motif and then some. Everyone just deathmatches at elektro (most just camping buildings with gun aimed at doorways) while sitting in their respective VOIP's to become silent homicidal robots in game, with no responses, or if playing alone they become a YOLO kamikaze. Not everyone is like this yet, but my god is it progressing fast like I said I don't even see anyone in berezino or NE airfield anymore

(lol inland? most people never went there in the first place in SA) the game is splitting into two decisive types of players, the hermits and the YOLO'rs the YOLO players are the solo players while hermits tend to solo server hop for loot till their buddies get on then just go camp a hot spot hoping to grief or kill others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it their fault they are douche bags? No, the game encourages this because just like the mod there just isn't anything else to do, and it appears for the next 6 months (and possibly the whole year) nothing will change that formula just like the mod....After all when epoch came out vanilla went into a coma, and after checking dayz commander epoch and panthera epoch greatly outnumber vanilla by a good 1000+ servers. People clearly want more to do even if they don't know or want to admit it.

P.S This is a VERY recent personal perspective, just last week I was enjoying the game and came across good and bad players but starting late last week and this whole week, people have just fallen into downward spiral of YOLO deathmatching and becoming more and more hateful and spiteful due to everyone trying to hurt everyone else like theythemselves were hurt at some point...its just sad

sad-panda2-shop2.jpg

Playing friendly used to be an actual option but if the people you help just say LOL FUCK IT for sake of lawls and kill you then whats the point? The fact that is happening is showing me the game is not authentic or realistic at all and people throw their lives away like its nothing proving for a fact that survival is not the main objective.

Do you want to know why you have all these problems? Because you are a victim.

Let the hate flow through you young padawan (...)

• Like 3

So please enlighten all of us as to how that would ACTUALLY play out, sir. I'm waiting to hear from your vast experience with end-of-the-world zombie events :P

Are you following me just to be a dick for no reason?

Its a game and will never have enough features to show how a real situation would play out. Also people wouldnt look for combat just to kill someone and then walk off not even taking anything from them for example.

Its common sense and just a game. 

Stop trying to find my posts just to act like a troll on the net for no reason lol.

Sad and wont bother feeding the troll anymore. 

Edited by Mopa

Hello there

I think thats terribly unfair and a little rude.

Unfortunately, the game has a lowest common denominator and unfortunately their simplistic actions have a vast out of proportion effect on other players.

As more mechanics are added it will be KoS will be less interesting and not a route to "instawin"

PvP is important but if the devs have their heads screwed on (and I believe they have) one will see less pointless killing as the game develops.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Dear OP, dear Slyguy65!

You are basically right. The encounters described amount to about 50% of the people you meet. And it is getting worse atm.

But there is a major problem atm, too: All you can do in DayZ atm is a) walk around aimlessly, B) collect stuff, and when you're done: c) shoot people.

The Zeds are dysfunctional to a point where they do not matter in the slightest. The diseases Rocket wanted in the game (like Cholera) are not yet there. The loot-system needs balancing. And the latest patch caused a duping issue (ending my squad with 10+ all-pristine parts M4s because we constantly got disconnected from teh server). We will see more things that make PvP with KoS even more uninteresting, and the real winners will be those who actually interact with players, not shoot them (interaction might imply robbing them, handcuffing, and feeding them to a Zombie, but hey ^^).

What is there to do? Shoot people. Or explore the new Chernarus, if you dig ruinning around for 20+ hours meeting only 1-2 people whom you quite possibly simply can avoid. Oh, mind you, you won't ever die that way...but it IS boring, kind of.

The only incentive I see at the moment to play the game is looking for people sniping on the coast, mostly Berezino, and kill them. And why the F*#´ would anyone go to Elektro? Elektro is the KOS-capital-city of the world...there is literally NOTHING else to expect there. Meet me at Grishino, at Zelenogorsk, at effing Gorka...you won't find the campers there. And most people will have headsets to talk, if they don't KoS you right away. And the most important life-lesson: Don't help anyone unless they ask you to. And make them commit, make them repay you in some way. Period.

edit: @orlok: you were faster, but already made some of my points!

@don't accuse OP of hating or being a "victim"! He is just expressing his disappointment with his fellow players...some people do not generally mean other people harm IRL, and these will likely be up for a rude awakening in this game... ;-) (hey, but I survived it, too).

Edited by Traveler

I don't get why some get so upset by people deathmatching around Elektro/Cherno, I just avoid those places. More loot for me, and when I do run in to people in the wasteland I tend to have more friendly encounters than I would with the idiots running around with no pants shooting everyone.

• Like 2

I think when guns and/or ammo gets rare, and it turns into a survival not a deathmatch game, a lot of the casuals will quit. The world isnt half as harsh as the MOD yet, we all got it easy surviving ATM. The mod in its current state, using headshot hits a zombie can kill you in 3 (or is it 4?) hits, and there's loooooads of em. That new military base south of zelen is gonna be hell to even loot when its crawling with zeds lol

I wouldn't worry, soon as there's loads of respawning zombies, those guys wont be able to just sit in a house and aim at the door. Because if they do then shoot, the endless stream of zombies coming in through both doors will start putting an end to that playstyle :)

I think when guns and/or ammo gets rare, and it turns into a survival not a deathmatch game, a lot of the casuals will quit. The world isnt half as harsh as the MOD yet, we all got it easy surviving ATM. The mod in its current state, using headshot hits a zombie can kill you in 3 (or is it 4?) hits, and there's loooooads of em. That new military base south of zelen is gonna be hell to even loot when its crawling with zeds lol

I wouldn't worry, soon as there's loads of respawning zombies, those guys wont be able to just sit in a house and aim at the door. Because if they do then shoot, the endless stream of zombies coming in through both doors will start putting an end to that playstyle :)

I hope you are right but I think it will be the same just harder to gear up, more zombies and a bunch more features. Hopefully it wont be a bunch of fresh spawns struggling as geared players/teams kill them even easier. 

I don't get why some get so upset by people deathmatching around Elektro/Cherno, I just avoid those places. More loot for me, and when I do run in to people in the wasteland I tend to have more friendly encounters than I would with the idiots running around with no pants shooting everyone.

^^ This.

Let the tards have the coast. Let the real players enjoy the game as it is meant to be played; Not as a COD-esque killfest but as a survival game. I fully understand pvp is part of the game and I welcome it, but when that is ALL you want to do it speaks volumes of your (limited) personality and imagination. I feel very sad and sorry for those people.

• Like 2

All of those deaths could have been avoided if you had not given any of those people the oopurtunity to betray you, like death three for example walking in front of a stranger with a gun because he was thirsty is just plain stupid.

Also letting noobs get that close without your gun raised is also stupid.

If you know how to control situations properly you can meet someone have your chat, make sure your always in control and leave again happily, i do this day in and day out so i think its the OP fault why this is happening because he is making himself too easy of a target that even the smallest wolf is trying to take a bite.

luke-skywalker-nooooo1.jpeg

I'll never join you NEVAR!

Edited by Slyguy65

I completely agree with the original poster. I had such high hopes for this game but this non-stop KOS bullshit is just simply ruining it for me. There is no incentive for people to keep you alive and attempt to work together. I have yet to team up with anyone because every single motha fuckin' encounter with another player has been them immediately trying to kill me. Everyone is playing homicidal maniacs in the apocalypse or simply CoD castoffs trying to prove they have testicles here. So much potential for a real z-apoc game that has realism but seriously, everyone isn't gonna go homicidal maniac if it were to happen and those people would be easy pickings for those who keep their heads and team together. Unfortunately, those people are outnumbered 10 to 1 in this game and it is quickly turning it into a borefest. If I wanted just to run around and kill other players, I would go play a game designed specifically as such. It isn't that I expect never to see it. Sure realistically you would encounter -some- of that. But not every single fucking time. I don't want to play Day Z Team Deathmatch. I want to play a realistic zombie apoc game. This looked like it could have been it, but without some severe overhaul to cut down on this KOS shit. I will go look to what others are working on.

I am friendly.

Friendly to my group. My group is large enough to fend for ourselves.

You are not part of my group. We do not need anymore members. If we do need more people we recruit them from players in the game.

Your carrying something we can use, so we take it, because we can, and if your armed your possibly a threat to people in my group, not gonna take any chances.

If you wanna play solo, thats your call, but dont bitch because people are unfriendly, we just arent friendly to you.

If you dont think for a moment that this wouldnt play out in a "real zombie apocolypse", then you dont understand the human nature much.

Besides, Romero covered it pretty well in Dawn of the Dead.

TLDR: This isnt a solo game, time to get some friends.

Edited by gwartham
  • Like 1

I understand the OP's frustration. I've gotten geared up.. by that I mean a rifle, axe, basic clothes and a lot of food/drink to drop for freshies.. not trying to be a hero really but give a little hand to new spawns or those guys who just can't find anything useful.. or team up with and help someone loot for their preferred items..

but in the last week I have met two friendly people out of dozens who've either taken shots at me or played the "hey I'm friendly let's stick together *bang* haha bitch I gots yo shiiiit!" and the kos/spawn campers..

I know teamwork and all that should improve as the game gets closer to release and more features are added..

but for now it's "when in Rome" time and time to be a douche like 90% of current players

I just hope that the features that will lessen the dick head style of play will roll out sooner than later

I don't enjoy being a dick but I guarantee I can be a bigger dick than the rest of 'em :)

Edited by SkyPig

TLDR: This isnt a solo game, time to get some friends.

Sure it is.  You just need to stop holding hands and get out into the world and make your own way.

Only thing worse than the people reducing this game to simple deathmatch void of skill or any concern of one's life, are the people like op who actively encourage this kind of behaviour.

Electro Deathmatch?
There's gonna be deathmatch somewhere for sure. Who gives a shit? I don't need anything from Electro and if i do, i'll know what's out there: A challenge.
Let'em have their deathmatch. If it bother's you, imagine it as a post apocalyptic gangwar or some shit. You don't just go strolling to an active warzone do you?

There will be bigger servers in due time.
I actively play on an always full 110 player wasteland server and believe me, that's enough targets across Chernarus even when half the players are hell bent on dying at the Bluefor base all the time.

Unarmed bambies rushing you with fists?
People are like that when desperate. People jump from burning buildings when they are desperate. Imagine it like that.
It's like you driving an ice cream truck across fucking Ethiopia.

People killing you while you offer them gear?
Well what the hell did you expect exactly? A blowjob?
Don your suit and take the next paycheck in cash; Go offer to give twenties to people in African ghettos and see where that takes you?
I bet you disappear faster than the car you parked right outside.

I'm not a dick by any measure. I like to make friends and help people who NEED help and i've NEVER gotten killed that way. Not even once.
Do not present yourself as an easy victim. Do not give them chance to make you a victim for god's sake.

That's like dangling a bacon in front of dogs nose and whining when it snaps your fingers.

Edited by Intactus

The past 3 lives have honestly shown me the game and its playerbase/community/ players whatever. Are honestly just getting worse. And what I have learned from how this game is "changing" or IMO degrading, and making the game virtually UN-enjoyable to solo players who don't want to sit and camp a place just to kill every 30 minutes a person walks through. Its quickly becoming the only available play style for solo players and that is bullshit.

Let me explain with 3 short simple stories (mind you these are back to back in one playthrough (4 hours). Mind you these all took place on full pop HARDCORE servers (and here i thought the people on hardcore had more finesse, and class).

Life 1: I have tons of gear, cause honestly no one ever goes to the best loot place on map if you know what it is you know what i mean since the newest update. Anyway point is I can get 2 primaries and enough food and clothing for 2 people within 10-30 minutes, so looting is simple and easy and honestly once you know where to look it becomes second nature. Now on to the actual experiences.

So im running down to berezino cause I find camping and waiting for player in one location for 30 minutes or more just to shoot them is boring and pathetic so I try to think of more interesting ways to play, Currently I was just wanting to find fresh spawn running north and give them food and my second primary. Anyway I come to berezino and for the 5th time on a 30+/40 server it is barren, BUT I get to the construction site and come across 2 fresh spawns, I greet them they respond I tell them I got a lot of stuff to give them and to follow me to the barn so they do I begin to drop food and say I am giving them a gun and all of a sudden the life their fists and charge me...as im giving them stuff....they KO me then shoot me (BTW i had a helmet on worked against fists like a charm....) so ya that was just a moment where I just sat there saying really?

Life 2: Im a fresh spawn i run to berezino on a new server, i get there and come across 2 guys with newish loot one has a shotgun, they talk to me i respond they tell me to take my backpack off (i had nothing it was clear) so to prove i was unarmed...they then kill me and say "sorry not enough loot to go around"....I just sat there again saying ...really, I mean the least the idiots coulda done is just shoot me on sight since i wasn't even moving...but no they waste everyones time just to say meh POW it was just stupid.

Life 3 (you know what they say about true despair? when you have the most hope and right as it nears the top BAM its taken away)

This is the best example of what this game has become

I was in a server. I kid you not EVERYONE or at least 90% of the server at least was at elektro just camping in buildings waiting for someone to pass their site to say BOOM HEADSHOT. I know this I came across a guy with a backpack who just ran through it I had like 5 guns handguns shotgun 2 primaries, I was tempted to give him a gun but I knew he was going to a place that had guns and nobody around sooo I didn't bother risking it, so instead I gave him some food and water to get him where he needed to go and moved on. So as recommended I just ran around elektro, no one was on sniper hill (sniping is pretty rare now at least from sniper hills that ive seen) I get to kamyshovo and my god...let me just say this I honestly think DayZ should just be renamed Chernarus Deathmatch or more appropriately Elecktro Deathmatch. With a taste of homicidal rock um sockem robots. Because I came across literally 9 people just bolting it back to elektro after failing to hear a response the second time I simply started using the robots as aiming practice (only way to learn) I didn't kill any cause well they are hard to hit with fists up and zig zagging not to mention giving them a head start by trying to greet them. So im on the mountain after passing the 5th robot and all of a sudden i turn around to see a guy with his fists up right behind me he tried killing me i shot him after the bullet kept clipping right at my guns barrel a few times. I then come to kamyshovo where I see another man running he stops after i greet him and he silently start skirting around me and after a few seconds with no response starts trying to run circles and KO me...I kill him. Another man comes, head on he dies, another gets the jump on me while dropping a mag, i reload and end him. Ya...nothing, no talking at all, no sign they are even human god forbid you trash talk or something but no...probably just in a VOIP or silently trying to get back at the others who would (in their mind) do the same to them).

But finally I come across a guy with a gun ( I had the jump on him mind you) he greets me and we put our guns down, he is starving so we get in a house I tell him how everyone on the server is a malfunctioning robot who is bent on death. So we talk and he tells me he was following an unarmed guy (he was probably trying to kill him since i caught him, this is hindsight mind you). Anyway new fresh spawn who ACTUALLY TALKS AND IS HUMAN joins us in the house after i give the gun man food the new guy says he needs water so i lead them to the well. And they tell me where they came from where they headed, and all of a sudden gun guy shoots me and says "well I hope you enjoyed playing the game but im taking your guns you little fucker, oh man all his stuff is ruined oh well later bitch". Aaaaaaand that was my stopping point.

In conclusion, am i whining? A bit, but mainly im pointing out how just like the mod the player base is degrading due to the "eye for an eye" effect and the excessive YOLOing is LITERALLY showing that this game IS NOT a survival game its a #YOLO ELEKTRO FTW whatever that is.

AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE

Because the only thing we have heard is that guns will be more rare and there will be more loot, and when it comes to mechanics...we get hunting, barricading, cooking, all stuff from the mod....but no word on anything more in depth like optional activities or other things to do besides loot-shoot-repeat. I bought SA thinking they were going to build what the mod should of have been...not a smoother running version of the mod that has more/different loot that serves no purpose if it isn't food or a gun.

Honestly I don't think they want this game to be CoD+running simulator 2000 considering the effort put into the health system and other small things, but right now its so easy and simple to just kill and camp that it just makes the game a deathmatch and nothing else.

TBH I think people just want this game to be a griefing simulator more than anything, considering the type of people I come across; jumpy cowards, (the majority of people I have come across anyway) they shoot for the sake of not knowing what else to do, or the true scum the ones who have time to burn in the hopes of simply wasting someone else s time by sitting on a hill or near a hot spot to get off on being the person to end what someone put work into. Its pretty demented honestly, and unless some good changes are put into to allow for actual communication or variety then I just see this game degenerating into a game where only people who found a group and play and horde with that group will stay and will drive away any new players that want to get in on the "fun". Without innovation the game will simply fade and die especially since the genre is already being copied by games like nether and rust, rush seems to have a lot of big plans but dayz just seems like making a reboot of the mod with nothing truly new, again, they could be hiding the big stuff but honestly from what i can tell for atleast this whole year it will be more of the same...just less loot (aka more server hopping hermits).

TLDR

Simply put, most people are becoming spiteful children who follows the eye for an eye motif and then some. Everyone just deathmatches at elektro (most just camping buildings with gun aimed at doorways) while sitting in their respective VOIP's to become silent homicidal robots in game, with no responses, or if playing alone they become a YOLO kamikaze. Not everyone is like this yet, but my god is it progressing fast like I said I don't even see anyone in berezino or NE airfield anymore

(lol inland? most people never went there in the first place in SA) the game is splitting into two decisive types of players, the hermits and the YOLO'rs the YOLO players are the solo players while hermits tend to solo server hop for loot till their buddies get on then just go camp a hot spot hoping to grief or kill others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it their fault they are douche bags? No, the game encourages this because just like the mod there just isn't anything else to do, and it appears for the next 6 months (and possibly the whole year) nothing will change that formula just like the mod....After all when epoch came out vanilla went into a coma, and after checking dayz commander epoch and panthera epoch greatly outnumber vanilla by a good 1000+ servers. People clearly want more to do even if they don't know or want to admit it.

P.S This is a VERY recent personal perspective, just last week I was enjoying the game and came across good and bad players but starting late last week and this whole week, people have just fallen into downward spiral of YOLO deathmatching and becoming more and more hateful and spiteful due to everyone trying to hurt everyone else like theythemselves were hurt at some point...its just sad

sad-panda2-shop2.jpg

Playing friendly used to be an actual option but if the people you help just say LOL FUCK IT for sake of lawls and kill you then whats the point? The fact that is happening is showing me the game is not authentic or realistic at all and people throw their lives away like its nothing proving for a fact that survival is not the main objective.

1. I play solo usually and enjoy it WITHOUT KOSING. 2. It isnt the only playable playstyle... or even close. Also no one cares if you think the player base sucks. Guess what? "Fight the dead, fear the living" is a common theme in zombie games. People are and always will try to kill you. Your silly post means absolutely nothing to anyone and no one will change because YET ANOTHER person essentually repeated something alreasy said several rimes over. This is DayZ... and that will never change.