sumusiko

Will there be "mods" for dayz?

Wanted to see if Epoch would ever come to life in DayZ SA. Love the mod sooooo much in Arma 2

There will probably one day in the future when there is war be mods.. War.. War and private servers. And stuff.

Modding is a confirmed feature of dayz did you not read rockets thread in the anouncments ??does that mean something like epoch will arise who knows??? personally hope not epoch does have some cool features but as a whole it changes dayz away from being a survival game doesnt really fit rockets vision of dayz...

I don't see the ability of mods coming out very soon.

I don't see the ability of mods coming out very soon.

LOL good point you will not likely see mod support until the game is finished hmm 1 year alpha anyones guess for how long the beta.....

Epoch is doubtful. Last I knew they were done with dayz and working on an Epoch mod for Arma3 without using any dayz code.

DayZ is currently in early alpha and we see a lot of work ahead of us in order to make it the true authentic multiplayer experience we want it to be. Current version is including only small subset of game mechanics and serves mostly as test bed with core technology that should serve as basis for future additions and improvements. Currently planned key future features are:

• Playable vehicles
  • Wide variety of native animal life
  • Player created constructions in the environment
  • Extensive interactions with the environment and crafting options
  • Streamlined user actions and interface
  • Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
  • Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
  • Support of user mods
We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.

Steam store description.

Edited by fisheye

Wanted to see if Epoch would ever come to life in DayZ SA. Love the mod sooooo much in Arma 2

Epoch isn't going to happen on DayZ, as it's not even allowed to use the name anymore. Which makes sense, as it is its own trademark now and a retail game, not just a Modification itself.

However - they're working on an ARMA III variant of Epoch and that will happen in the future and will replace the ARMA 2 variant. This will obviously take a while, as they can't use the assets of ARMA II anymore and have to start from scratch.

That will however change the whole system and (hopefully) the performance as well - as it's just a massive patchwork of DayZ Mod Code and ARMA II workarounds at the moment.

It would be pretty crazy to have mods in a game that came from a mod, but I hope there is for sure... And I am sure they will have mods 

I hope Rocket doesn't let his game get molested again by other people's ideas about how Dayz should look like...

Like he molested Arma 2 with his ideas about what Arma two should look like?

That's some faulty reasoning, my friend.

Like he molested Arma 2 with his ideas about what Arma two should look like?

That's some faulty reasoning, my friend.

The engine he used had very little to do with the original idea of a free world zombie apocalypse, apart from facilitating it. He wasn't changing Arma 2, he wanted to see his idea come to life without the hustle of making a whole new engine. 

None of the people that want to mod his idea really know what works, what made Dayz sell so many copies so fast.

Edited by Highlander007

IDK if that kind of mod, I read somewhere that mods would be L4D kinda mods, you know reskins, enhancers, some maps and shit like that...no big changes like Epoch 

mods will be supported, yes. later.

• Like 1

Would love to see a military mod for DayZ, Bravo 2 Zero style special forces mission behind enemy lines, using all the survival elements from DayZ SA. Players could play as the SF team trying to escape the country or lead the OPFOR units hunting them...

Edited by Mandrake

I hope someone makes a mod that removes the zombies, and adds cannibalism... Then we could have The Road the game.

Yeah let's add a mod with safezones, money and 500000 armord tanks

By this time next year I say there will be. Mark my words

However i just want to be able to have a password protected super hard server- less loot and guns, more zombies and co-operation

Epoch is far far too easy.: I played it the other night and had a vechicle and fully geared in less than an hour

Edited by AgentNe0

I hope mods stay out of SA for as long as poss. I really enjoy playing private hive, with having the toon bound to that one server it makes for better interactions over time. Mainly because its the same people your up against, have to think a lot more about how you conduct yourself, lest you get a reputation haha.

These servers will be the ones that fall apart when mods come along. The masses will flood to more barracks, insta loot versions, essentially killing the vanilla private hive scene.

IDK if that kind of mod, I read somewhere that mods would be L4D kinda mods, you know reskins, enhancers, some maps and shit like that...no big changes like Epoch 

I really hope they work this way....not changing gameplay at its core :)

Edited by Karmaterror