PinguAlmighty

I am a complete coward in this game

So I was on an adventure to the NEAF, I had my SKS from balota and I was travelling with a friend. We were somewhere north of berezino and decided to go cross country to get to the AF seeing as i knew the land fairly well. We got there, were only off by about 100 meters. We start looting, usual stuff, about 12 m4 mags and no m4s >.>
We go into the last jail and stupidly decided to have our lunch upstairs.
All of a sudden, over the sounds of my mate stuffing his face I hear: *tap tap tap*

someone slowly walking. I tell my friend to cover the stairs while i went behind to look into the computer room.

I see some fellow pointing an m4 at my face, before I can move, BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM
I am unconscious. Luckily my friend had a defibrillator and was able to revive me and i rolled quickly out of the way.

I called out to the fellow, said "We don't want any trouble, just let us leave" He moved under the stairs so I assumed he was acceptable. I told my friend to leg it, and I did soon after.
My friend had to log out shortly so we headed to krasnotav to find a spot.
Logging in again 2 hours later I went back to the AF, the bastard ruined my favourite magnum.
I am in 3rd person and am checking around the jail to see if anyone is there, out of the corner of my eye I see a player crouching at the corner inside.
I start shaking, sweat dripping down my arms, the adrenaline pumping.
I run away.

I am a coward.
I have no confidence in myself in a firefight, i prefer to rely on others.

Then again, not everyone in the apocalypse is a leader.
Some are born to follow.

• Like 8

and some of us who don't KoS have shitty aim from lack of practice....

Edited by Liege
  • Like 7

I'd have to guess you'll find more things to do besides combat and therefore you'll find something you can feel confident in doing once they add more stuff to do. Not everyone is a fighter in the apocalypse either :p

• Like 2

and some of us who don't KoS have shitty aim from lack of practice....

Not so much shitty aim for me as a very big sense of self preservation

• Like 1

The best tip is to not get attached to your gear.

When playing make sure that you are aware of your surroundings, move from cover to cover, and generally play smart. 

I am in 3rd person and am checking around the jail to see if anyone is there, out of the corner of my eye I see a player crouching at the corner inside..

I can't imagine the rush you would get from playing in hardcore servers with 3PP.OFF. 

Some people pay serious money for that kind of adrenaline kick, you should try it.

• Like 3

I can't imagine the rush you would get from playing in hardcore servers with 3PP.OFF. 

Some people pay serious money for that kind of adrenaline kick, you should try it.

I'd rather keep my heart vessels unburst mate

• Like 5

At least if you ever get used to your current dose of adrenaline you can step it up ;) 

• Like 1

I am the kind of player that avoids confrontations, sticks to the tree's and will most likely watch others pass buy rather than engage, even when i have the element of surprise(which i have most times, due to sticking out of sight). I am very geared up, and I suppose that is half my problem, I think to myself, 'what if I die?" it took me soo long to get to where I am. on the other side though, i reckon i am missing out on the human interaction side of things in the game, which is what I may use the hardcore servers for......

• Like 3

DayZ means different things to different players. Some play it for the thrill of a fight. Some to troll others or to handcuff a player and feed them dubious items from their inventory. To me DayZ is about survival. I've always thought that survival would be the main goal in any kind of post-apocalyptic scenario and that's how I approach playing DayZ. I never ask to be killed when I respawn in an inconvenient area. I never give up on a character and commit suicide when my character is in a bad shape. I do my best to survive. If your goal is the same then it only makes sense to avoid armed confrontation. As long as you do it in an honorable way (no combat logging) there is nothing wrong with it.

• Like 3

I was afraid at the start too, but later on if I had gear I'd love the thrill of a hunt. I'd have blasted that crouching guy :D

Men are born to defibrillate, accepting men get defibrillated.  Ajoin the two and you create an unbreakable bond.....

• Like 4

I'm pretty much the same.. I will always avoid conflict even if I have the better weapon and will only return fire. If I see more than 1 person together, depending on their speed and direction will determine whether I flee or stalk them.

Oh yeah and I'm a big scaredy cat for the most part  if I'm by myself ^_^

Edited by liquidcactus

When faced with a situation that is dangerous, potentially harmfull to your life. The human mind forms a choice between two reactions. Those are Fight or Flight.

While some people may say that Fight is the only option to "be a man", this could be considered foolish in a lot of scenarios and may well end in death or worse.

When given only two options and choosing the safer one does not make you a coward, it may in fact make you a good decision maker.

• Like 1

"Audentes fortuna iuuatFortes fortuna adiuuatFortuna audaces iuua and Fortes fortuna iuuat" It's Latin for: "You look real good in that pine box, boy. And don't worry, I'll keep your wife from getting lonely"......but life wouldn't be any fun without taking SOME chances

Well it seems to be working for me, I am still on my first life, 12 hours in. 

I've only killed twice, once when someone ran at me with an axe, and once someone asked me to end their misery as their legs were broken.

Most people who KoS are cowards, they can't deal with the risk of trusting someone so they kill everyone they see. Of course, they'll say otherwise but how can you trust in the word of someone who shoots people in the back? That's about as cowardly as you can get.

• Like 1

For those with a bad aim should train on a tree or so, it will leave a bullet hole so you can check how you did.

Guys my legs are broken because I got shot, can anyone help me?

peace

You need a wooden stick and rags to craft a wooden splint.

I live my life in the bushes, pretty sad existence really. Happened upon two players entering a small town earlier, they were obviously a team and I sat in my bush just watching them go from house to house looting. To think they never knew I was watching their every move with my crosshair trained on them, voyeuristic is the word I'm looking for. If I'd have shot, I'd have missed and probably been hunted and then killed for my gear, my precious gear. 

I'm off to sit in my bush and watch the world go by.

• Like 3

Dude i'm so much worse...I cant play the friking game sometimes because I get so scared but not for losing my stuff just meeting someone and havingthe potential to end a thing they've worked so hard on...makes me sad :( and then I run to a corner and have my gun up waiting for them to leave

Edited by TripleAAA
  • Like 1

Dude i'm so much worse...I cant play the friking game sometimes because I get so scared but not for losing my stuff just meeting someone and havingthe potential to end a thing they've worked so hard on...makes me sad :( and then I run to a corner and have my gun up waiting for them to leave

Same! Hell the first time I shot someone it was out of pure fright, went out into a corridor of the barracks and there was some guy standing there literally jolted and just spammed by SKS into him, he turned and spammed his M4 into me but I hit his gun so he completely missed, then he started bleeding I hid in a room, and he did the same in the other after spamming 2 more mags down the corridor and I was so scared and I didn't want to kill him as I said to myself, remember how you would feel if someone killed you with that much gear, so I decided to log out so I didn't have to kill him as he obviously didn't trust me to agree to a cease-fire.

Thinking back, should I of killed him? Because is what I did combat logging despite the fact I did it to save him ( I could of killed him easily I heard him bandaging when he retreated back to his room) That made me so scared of other players I refuse to go to airfields and now spend my time happily in a town with no name in a place no-one goes too, with a nice hospital, garage, train station, construction site and my current place of logging out sleep a wooden lodge in the forest next door where I plan to never see an unexpected arrival ever again.