alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Garand would not fit the game at all.  It doesn't match the story nor would it be a civilian weapon that was available to a country like Chernarus.  Sorry  :(

I thought that maybe some russian soldiers found them in WWII. Dunno if the americans used M1's in Berlin, but maybe they found a few dead soldiers and took there guns home ^^

Greetz,

GCG :)

I thought that maybe some russian soldiers found them in WWII. Dunno if the americans used M1's in Berlin, but maybe they found a few dead soldiers and took there guns home ^^

Greetz,

GCG :)

Nope, only Russians went to Berlin, the chance of them finding a M1 is nearly 0%. Americans only went to Berlin after the fighting and thus would not of been killed.

Nope, only Russians went to Berlin, the chance of them finding a M1 is nearly 0%. Americans only went to Berlin after the fighting and thus would not of been killed.

Oh, good to know, thank you :)

God damn double post, internet is slow and buggy here.

Edited by SGT. Kalme

Check out this one.

The Lahti L-39 anti tank rifle.

It was used during WW2,as an antitank

and in some cases,as an anti-aircraft weapon.

It's nicknamed the Elepent-gun because of it's extremely

low mobility and it's excessive weight.Despite this,it was a

reliable and versitile weapon in the battlefield.Here's the wiki about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39

300px-L39.jpg

• Like 1

I suggest Galil SAR and AR variants (5.56x45mm NATO). Produced in Israeli, by Taas-Israel.

While I agree that it maybe a "little out of place" because only Estonia and Ukraine and Georgia (different versions) has been using it from ex-soviet countries, it fits in the overall scheme (could say it is small brother to AK-74). Not extremely powerful weapon but reliable and very accurate at the distances up to 350m (with iron sights)

SAR is short-barrel variant.

Two of my favorite rifles around, would LOVE to see it added to game :)

Edited by SGT. Kalme

The one thing that needs to be added is a way to transport a second long rifle.

You can already. Just pick up the second rifle you want to transport into your hands.

You can already. Just pick up the second rifle you want to transport into your hands.

Weapon slings have been suggested in another thread and for gods sake, they should be added because right now, it doesn't make any sense. Shoulder slings, 3-point slings, different ones. With them, you could wear a long-range rifle on your back and assault rifle in your hand and use your equipment without having to put the weapon down. For gods sake, our guys wear Carl Gustaf with having sidearm and assault rifle with them with ballistic vest and molle-vest on top of that. And they can still conduct infantry drills. 

But that is another story.

Weapon slings have been suggested in another thread and for gods sake, they should be added because right now, it doesn't make any sense. Shoulder slings, 3-point slings, different ones. With them, you could wear a long-range rifle on your back and assault rifle in your hand and use your equipment without having to put the weapon down. For gods sake, our guys wear Carl Gustaf with having sidearm and assault rifle with them with ballistic vest and molle-vest on top of that. And they can still conduct infantry drills. 

But that is another story.

Well, the Carl Gustaf is not a primary weapon. Also different people carry the weapon and ammo. And finally it's not normally carried around, if you're not planning to use it, but transported in a vehicle.

respected man, why do you have on the list are no normal sniper rifles 

such as _ orsis T-5000, sv98, m107, 

I'd love to look it up. Mosin just looks like a piece of shit, Sorry me.

sorry for my english curve.

Well, the Carl Gustaf is not a primary weapon. Also different people carry the weapon and ammo. And finally it's not normally carried around, if you're not planning to use it, but transported in a vehicle.

Same goes for long-range rifle. You have one weapon that you use mainly and another that goes for multi-purpose. I couldn't not think of situation where you should have to switch between your assault rifle and long-range rifle back and forth many times quickly. So, same thing applies.

During foot-patrols, they carry it all the time (for us, foot-patrol means no APCs with us) plus 2 grenades. That being said, it wouldn't be a big issue to carry a scoped rifle and few mags on top of your assault rifle and side-arm, only if we had some sort of sling-system.

Edited by SGT. Kalme

Well we have un-used train rails.....

Gustav2.jpg

80 cm K (E) railway gun

Weight    1,350 tonnes (1,490 short tons; 1,330 long tons)

Length    47.3 metres (155 ft 2 in)

Crew    250 to assemble the gun in 3 days (54 hours), 2,500 to lay track and dig embankments. 2 Flak battalions to protect the gun from air attack.
•I think few players can handle it, team work will rise on servers, just to made one shot.
Caliber    80 centimetres (31 in) - so we would be able to load it in 10 ppl together = NO MORE KOS

Rate of fire    1 round every 30 to 45 minutes - so need to spawn only one, other after server restart!

Edited by Electi

Same goes for long-range rifle. You have one weapon that you use mainly and another that goes for multi-purpose. I couldn't not think of situation where you should have to switch between your assault rifle and long-range rifle back and forth many times quickly. So, same thing applies.

During foot-patrols, they carry it all the time (for us, foot-patrol means no APCs with us) plus 2 grenades. That being said, it wouldn't be a big issue to carry a scoped rifle and few mags on top of your assault rifle and side-arm, only if we had some sort of sling-system.

Hm, you've got a point, although the Carl Gustaf was a bad example. :) The sharpshooters carry around both their assault rifle and their sniper rifle, right?

my patriotic input:

well would make sense. austrian army uses (not necessarily the a3) these and sends UN-troops on a regular basis all around into conflict areas. also many/some special forces all around the globe use these for the obvious reasons. so would make some sense to see them also in cherno ;)

Hm, you've got a point, although the Carl Gustaf was a bad example. :) The sharpshooters carry around both their assault rifle and their sniper rifle, right?

That was a bad one but analogue and only one from our units. No, sharpshooters don't carry their assault rifles, just long-range rifle and sidearm but that is only because they don't need one due to having rest of the unit offering close-range support.

Anyway, having one-point sling, you can actually let down your assault rifle and shoot from scoped-rifle without complications.

Haha! Good news! Spring break is next week so be prepared for loads of updates! About fucking time for a break haha hell yes!

So, call me old fashioned...but can I just recommend some more Cz hunting rifles? Not sure if Cz makes a rifle chambered to 7.62x54. I know that round is roughly equivalent to .308 but seeing as I'm just an ignorant American I have no idea if .308 is a common round in that area of the world. Also seeing how they added .22LR's I would love to see a CZ 452 ultra-lux which is just a super accurate bolt action .22 with a ridiculously long barrel. (28")

I suggest Galil SAR

I suggested it awhile back and it was shot down sadly enough.

I suggested it awhile back and it was shot down sadly enough.

That's why we have to put our heads together and show that we want it. they are not going to add it for one person.

:)

• Like 1

Haha! Good news! Spring break is next week so be prepared for loads of updates! About fucking time for a break haha hell yes!

sorry for my english curve

sorry for my english curve

No problem, i could read it  :)

I just have not received enough time yet to push out as much updates as i used to in the past.

Stay tune for next week!

• Like 1

Here are two rifles that I've become very keen on, these are both Czech rifles and fire the soviet 7.62*39mm rounds:

VZ 52/57

VZ 58

They are basically like very superior versions of the SKS and the AKM respectively. Have a look into them, they are both really interesting and underappreciated rifles. They are considerably more accurate than their soviet counterparts and the VZ 58 (known as the Czech AK) has a rate of fire 200 rpm greater than the AK. The VZ 52/57 particularly looks really nice.

I'd like to see the H&K G3. Maybe.

But personally I'd like it if the different firearms in the game are kept to a minimum. Military normally only have a select few models that they employ. A standard assault rifle for regular troops, with maybe some small modifications for special forces, one or two different sniper rifles, one to three different machineguns, a few pistols or revolvers, and the rest will be heavier stuff like anti-armor weaponry and upwards.

Police will have one pistol or revolver, maybe some model of shotgun, some sort of submachinegun for swat personel and so on.

What will exist in many different variants is "civilian" weapons, for hunting mainly, and self defense depending on gun laws. A few different common illegal weapons will exist as well and those can of course be of different types, but are normally of the "civilian" sort without a license, with the exception of smuggled AK-47 and such.

I'd like to see the H&K G3. Maybe.

But personally I'd like it if the different firearms in the game are kept to a minimum. Military normally only have a select few models that they employ. A standard assault rifle for regular troops, with maybe some small modifications for special forces, one or two different sniper rifles, one to three different machineguns, a few pistols or revolvers, and the rest will be heavier stuff like anti-armor weaponry and upwards.

Police will have one pistol or revolver, maybe some model of shotgun, some sort of submachinegun for swat personel and so on.

What will exist in many different variants is "civilian" weapons, for hunting mainly, and self defense depending on gun laws. A few different common illegal weapons will exist as well and those can of course be of different types, but are normally of the "civilian" sort without a license, with the exception of smuggled AK-47 and such.

I don't think the devs are taking the "limited weapons" approach"but more of the "large variety so none in itself is too common" ideology when it comes to weapons. By the time they're done updating the game, I'm sure we'll have quite a good number of guns (the devs wishlist has apparently over 500 guns alone, the G3 being one of them), but individually most will be pretty rare and we'll be relying more on melee & makeshift weapons for the early-game. 

I think that will make it pretty cool, considering how everyone you encounter could be armed completely differently, maybe occasionally you'd see the Mosin/SKS/AKM or another "common" firearm but for the most part everyone had their own style. I like that.

Hell, we've already got four different pistols; the CZ-75, FNP-45, AWC Amphibian and the tactical 1911 and honestly none of the variants they chose make any sense. (The CZ-75 & 1911 possibly, but the CZ-75SP-01 Phantom is a prototype handugn and I'm not sure how common non-original 1911 variants are)

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 2