alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Need more ability of crafting I think, Most typical weapons in RL are military arms, so depending on the country of origin, seeing as this is Day Z in Cherno/eastern europe, we would see more AK's, H&K variants, 

This is slightly off topic, but I'm surprised to hear good things about the Saiga 12. I owned a Saiga 7.62 that was a complete turd. Misfires ahoy and the magazine would randomly eject while shooting. I've mentioned this before but I would love to see weapon problems like misfires worked into the firearm condition system.

i would totally like: UMP-45, And why do people want the fucking makarov back i know its classical DayZ but really xD

Because makarov is for to be in every soviet game you capitalist pig.

Also, I've heard early imports of the saiga 12 were crap too. Idk.

It has a 100 style receiver, no ribs on the top, also to use a folding stock on the AK-47 or even AKM would recquire making modifications to the receiver, so thats a lot of work. Also the AK-103 is in limited service "23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia: Used by various special police groups and spec ops groups. It is also in limited service with the Russian Army" Especially by more "spec ops" groups as they prefer the extra penetration. Also the flash hider can be a 3rd party modification, hence excess wear and slight differences to the normal one.

Ak74m_91.jpg

800px-AK-103_Assault_Rifle.JPG

Top: Ak-74

bottem: AK-103

only external difference is magazine. the AK-103 comes with the same flashider as the AK-74, but the one in the pic is a custom one.

plus, finish doesn't wear off like that in a few years. It isn't an AK-103, I can tell you that.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

Last update from me is coming out this Sunday most likely. I need someone to take over this forum really soon.

Sorry if this is posted already but I am surprised why don't we have the Makarov yet.

Weapon_Makarov_PM.png?version=f682684d3c

Anyway what I suggest is a Heavy Machine Gun like the M60 and the Ammo Can be wrapped around the body like this.

machine-gunner-americal-division-1968.jp

Edited by CGNoodlePot

Sorry if this is posted already but I am surprised why don't we have the Makarov yet.

Weapon_Makarov_PM.png?version=f682684d3c

Anyway what I suggest is a Heavy Machine Gun like the M60 and the Ammo Can be wrapped around the body like this.

machine-gunner-americal-division-1968.jp

we'll probably get something more like this:

800px-A_Kurdish_Peshmerga_officer_fires_

That's the PKM. it's lighter, more reliable and all around better than the M60, and was the standard Warsaw pact GPMG and is still the most common GPMG in former pact countries. It fires 7.62x54, same as the Mosin, and aside from the SVD is the most common gun that uses this ammo still in military use.

For some reason, the M240 was used in the mod instead, but:

iff_inf_cdf.jpg

• Like 2

we'll probably get something more like this:

That's the PKM. it's lighter, more reliable and all around better than the M60, and was the standard Warsaw pact GPMG and is still the most common GPMG in former pact countries. It fires 7.62x54, same as the Mosin, and aside from the SVD is the most common gun that uses this ammo still in military use.

For some reason, the M240 was used in the mod instead, but:

Or both, the M60 & PKM are quite different and would perform differently

I know I'm being overly picky here, but the m60 is not a "heavy machinegun"...  I've seen it refered to as such many times on this board from many different people.  It is infact quite a bit lighter, in terms of raw weight and fire rate than a m240, or MG3 which are both classified as GPMGs (same as the m60).

The m60e6 is suposedly going to be replacing the m/62s (mgs3?) in the Danish Military...  At about 20.5 lbs, it's not much heavier than weapons classified as "lmgs" such as the SAW and RPD.

No one is interested in taking over?

No one is interested in taking over?

I'm sure plenty of people (including me) would be willing to hope, but it's much better that someone who is obviously devoted to doing the thread steps up on their own.

I would be glad to help, but I'm fairly busy, at least for now, so I can't promise frequent updates.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

My plan is to give this account (for a little bit) of course to people i have come to know and trust on here.  I would accept you as taking it, but you stated you are busy like i am.  I wouldn't give this forum to someone i do not recognize at all, so do not worry.

Shouldn't this topic be pinned by now?

Haha, i could only hope for a miracle like that.  I think a forum requires the post of a Dev in order to get pinned though..

My plan is to give this account (for a little bit) of course to people i have come to know and trust on here.  I would accept you as taking it, but you stated you are busy like i am.  I wouldn't give this forum to someone i do not recognize at all, so do not worry.

Busy enough that it wouldn't be nightly updates or whatnot. I have the time to do it, just not every day. Wanted to be clear on that.

Should I host a poll of people that have either nominated or have been nominated by a lot of people? Let the Community pick the temporary owner? I will send descriptions I have made to the temp owner every now and then. Just a thought that appeared in my mind the other day. I will put up the shotgun poll results soon as well as finish the Machine Guns and put the poll up.

Ak74m_91.jpg

800px-AK-103_Assault_Rifle.JPG

Top: Ak-74

bottem: AK-103

only external difference is magazine. the AK-103 comes with the same flashider as the AK-74, but the one in the pic is a custom one.

plus, finish doesn't wear off like that in a few years. It isn't an AK-103, I can tell you that.

well I was comparing it to the AKM, as that what was said in the original photo, but it could be a AK-100 series still due to the non ribbed upper receiver (which AK-74m's also have) Also it depends how hard they have been used, hell some L85's I have seen, which are barely even used still have chips and wear and tear and they are just used on guard duties! And if it is a 7.62 rifle (which is hard to tell due to lack of mag) it is almost definitely a AK-103, due to smooth receiver, folding stock, side-rail and almost vertical gas vent from barrel to gas tube. 

Eh, I could step in if no one wants to. I do prefer Gews. Gibonez seems on the ball too, mostly. He has a well founded hatred of mosins, but there are good ones out there if you look hard enough. Especially finnish ones. But that's not really fair. I tend to get side-tracked easily. Hey, at least I know an FN-WIN when I see one.

So i have 2 volunteers so far.

What about an old WWII M1 Garand? Would like to see it In-Game :)

M1_Garand_rifle_-_USA_-_30-06_-_Arm%C3%A

The M1 Garand is a semi-automatic rifle chambered for the .30-06 Springfield riflecartridge. It was the first standard-issue semi-automatic rifle. Called "the greatest battle implement ever devised" by General George S. Patton, the Garand officially replaced the bolt-action M1903 Springfield as the standard service rifle of the United States Armed Forces in 1936 (although the switch-over was not instantaneous) and was subsequently replaced by the selective fire M14, starting in 1957. During World War II, the M1 gave U.S. forces a distinct advantage in firefights against their Axis enemies, as their standard-issue rifles were slower-firing bolt-action rifles. The M1 continued to be used in large numbers until 1963 and to a lesser degree until 1976. Like its predecessor, the M1 originated from the Springfield Armory. - Wikipedia

Greetz,

GCG :)

Edited by GCG

we dont need more military weapons as of right now. we need more civilian weapons, this isnt fucking CoD for christ sake.

Just because this is a realistic simulation game, dosnt mean there arnt military rifles.  And it is really anoying when u say that by adding military grade rifles into the game makes it CoD.  The weapons that are suggested are real and they should be considered and balanced accordingly.  Its not like the AS-50 was suggested.  There are a lot of civilian weapons being added.  the only true military weapons in game atm are the M4, the 1911, the CR 75, the FNX 45 and the SKS (hardly, closer to Civilian)  the civlian weapons: .357 magnum, the amphibia, sporter .22, all the melee weapons (besides the combat knife) and the mosin.  

The one thing that needs to be added is a way to transport a second long rifle.  One idea of mine is that there could be a scabbored that would be worn in the place of ur melee weapon, in which a long gun could be put into it.  These scabbords would be 500 times more rare than rifles themselves, and it will take 1.5 times longer to pull that rifle out of it

Edited by Major Mclovin

I really want the RSASS because it is a great replacment for the DMR.  If balanced correctly, it could be great.  Yes it is realtivly new and hard to find, but seeing as there are many military bases and now police stations it would make sense, because Remington only sells the RSASS to military and police contractors.

What about an old WWII M1 Garand? Would like to see it In-Game :)

M1_Garand_rifle_-_USA_-_30-06_-_Arm%C3%A

The M1 Garand is a semi-automatic rifle chambered for the .30-06 Springfield riflecartridge. It was the first standard-issue semi-automatic rifle. Called "the greatest battle implement ever devised" by General George S. Patton, the Garand officially replaced the bolt-action M1903 Springfield as the standard service rifle of the United States Armed Forces in 1936 (although the switch-over was not instantaneous) and was subsequently replaced by the selective fire M14, starting in 1957. During World War II, the M1 gave U.S. forces a distinct advantage in firefights against their Axis enemies, as their standard-issue rifles were slower-firing bolt-action rifles. The M1 continued to be used in large numbers until 1963 and to a lesser degree until 1976. Like its predecessor, the M1 originated from the Springfield Armory. - Wikipedia

Greetz,

GCG :)

Garand would not fit the game at all.  It doesn't match the story nor would it be a civilian weapon that was available to a country like Chernarus.  Sorry  :(

Can you kindly add the Mortar?

Haha, i am all for adding a Mortar into Dayz due to us being able to use the shells to make IEDs.