alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

it's a funny looking gun for sure ! i like the lazer/no sights.

the thing i like with the mini revolver is that you don't need a mag, find the gun, find the ammo and you're good to go, plus there is only one revolver ingame.

Marlin Model 60 anyone?

This semi automatic blowback operated .22LR Rifle was the ruler of the roost when it was first released in 1960. Being one of the first popular semi automatic .22 rifles, the Marlin Model 60 originally was built with a 17 round tubular magazine attached. There have been over 11 million Model 60's produced to this date, and many a child grew up to desire one for plinking and small game hunting. It was only until the mass production and growing popularity of the Ruger 10/22 (the ingame Sporter 22) during the late 60's and 70's that the Model 60 began to become more irrelevant - however, they are still a popular firearm today in global circulation.

In Day Z, this would provide another .22 rifle alternative - which would make sense to have given the popularity of the .22LR cartridge around the world, which is undeniably the most popular firearm cartridge of all time. It is unable to be a take down rifle unlike the Trumpet, but the tubular magazine makes a nice alternative to the Sporter due to the lack of requirement to find detachable magazines - you just need ammunition, much like the Trumpet. The Model 60 can also take a scope, and the gun can be one of the later production Model 60's that only use a 14 round magazine (plus one in the chamber) so as to not make it to superior to the Sporter for anyone who can find the 30 round magazines for it. It would also lack the greater modularity of the Sporter (should tactical Sporters, spare parts, stocks, grips etc be introduced in game) but still make a nice alternative for those who do not wish to find magazines for their gun.

11016241_1.jpg

573976_01_marlin_model_60_w_scope_640.jp

Expect an update this weekend

I am planning on implementing the new handgun poll as well as a few new Weapons

All polls will run for an entire month now so we can collect as much data as possible.

Pipe 12 gauge shotgun:

Crafted out of two lead pipes and a nail as a firing pin, this simple yet surprisingly effective pipe shotgun fires 12 gauge shotguns out of a leadpipe. It is a single shot action that cannot be aimed from the shoulder - it must be fired from the hip due to it's design. There is no trigger. Instead to fire, the shooter must place one pipe inside the other, and force it back onto the firing pin contained inside the rear pipe. This impacts the primer on the firing pin, and fires a single 12 gauge cartridge. It can be reloaded surprisingly fast, with roughly one shot every 6-7 seconds of any 12 gauge cartridge, however the design is incredibly inaccurate due to the inability to aim from the shoulder, and will quickly fail after repeated use due to the crude design and the lack of a bolt locking in the cartridge during discharge. But you have to do what you have to do in any survival situation.

This improvised weapon will provide an alternative for DIY style players to the Improvised Bow, and a much more effective and powerful one at that if you can find the 12 gauge ammunition for it. Crafted out of 2 lead pipes or a lead pipe and a box of nails for simplicity sake.

maxresdefault.jpg

And this is how it works and performs:

Pipe 12 gauge shotgun:

Crafted out of two lead pipes and a nail as a firing pin, this simple yet surprisingly effective pipe shotgun fires 12 gauge shotguns out of a leadpipe. It is a single shot action that cannot be aimed from the shoulder - it must be fired from the hip due to it's design. There is no trigger. Instead to fire, the shooter must place one pipe inside the other, and force it back onto the firing pin contained inside the rear pipe. This impacts the primer on the firing pin, and fires a single 12 gauge cartridge. It can be reloaded surprisingly fast, with roughly one shot every 6-7 seconds of any 12 gauge cartridge, however the design is incredibly inaccurate due to the inability to aim from the shoulder, and will quickly fail after repeated use due to the crude design and the lack of a bolt locking in the cartridge during discharge. But you have to do what you have to do in any survival situation.

This improvised weapon will provide an alternative for DIY style players to the Improvised Bow, and a much more effective and powerful one at that if you can find the 12 gauge ammunition for it. Crafted out of 2 lead pipes or a lead pipe and a box of nails for simplicity sake.

maxresdefault.jpg

And this is how it works and performs:

what a nice suggestion it does have the apocalyptic style and look and it'll be fun to use. Though if this thing is gonna be crafted with bare hands then don't add it it should be any crafted at one of those upcoming advanced crating station or a maybe an area in the industrial area just so the pipe design doesont last one shot but more than 4 if it can and that every fresh spawn won't be running around with weapon they made with there hands.

Yeah, just grab any old pipe you find laying about and shove cartridges into it, that will work fine  :rolleyes:

inb4 the pipe explodes and blows your hand off.

At least if a bow "goes wrong", it won't kill you. Plus, with the above, you are still tied onto loot spawns that realistically, would be dwindling quite quickly. 12 Gauge shotshells don't grow on trees. Arrow shafts, on the other hand, can be found everywhere.

Plus, you know, you can't exactly fucking aim with that thing, either. Good luck hitting, much less killing, anything past spitting distance. At least smoothbore shotguns have sights and stocks. Hell, blackpowder muskets  have sights and stocks. That thing? Nah, waste of space

It's still an option. Most systems are a waste of time with the current loot system (bows, natural leather clothing, horticulture,) but it's something fun to do with some semi level of realism and DIY to it. It's only intended to last one box of 12 gauge, but 10 shots of 12 gauge is more than enough to get done what you need to say assassinate someone for their loot to get something a little better. Plus, in a gunfight, being a shot shot breech loader, you're likely only going to get off 1 shot before your death, so it's something that requires skill as an assassination gun, or a concealable gun.

I'd much rather have small .380 automatic and have revolvers stick with .22 and .357.

The Taurus isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I assume you're just endorsing pocket semi-autos as better.

Are you talking guns like the SIG P230/P238, CZ 83, Beretta Cheetah, Ruger LCP, or Walther PP/PPK, or something else? Because I'd definitely rather have one of those and then a Ruger LCR in .22LR if they're going to do others.

It's still an option. Most systems are a waste of time with the current loot system (bows, natural leather clothing, horticulture,) but it's something fun to do with some semi level of realism and DIY to it. It's only intended to last one box of 12 gauge, but 10 shots of 12 gauge is more than enough to get done what you need to say assassinate someone for their loot to get something a little better. Plus, in a gunfight, being a shot shot breech loader, you're likely only going to get off 1 shot before your death, so it's something that requires skill as an assassination gun, or a concealable gun.

I don't think these would work great for "assassinations" any better than the IZH-18 or LongHorn, and definitely no better than any number of suppressed weapons or sniper rifles. It's going to be noisy as hell, and its accuracy may as well be nonexistent, so you'll have to get way too close to someone for it to really be usable. And even if it is small it's not going to be any more concealable than the derringer, and two .45s as they stand in DayZ will absolutely be more than enough to take someone out.

And, then realize that with the way they implement it, it'll either be unrealistically effective, or be realistically ineffective to the point that no one would want to use it. Adding a chance to make it simply not fire or even explode in your hands would be pretty realistic, but why would anyone bother building it if they know it might not work and could possibly even kill them? Yet if those don't exist then why the hell is it so effective? These people are at the point where they have 12 gauge ammunition anyway, it's not like the bow where you can build everything from nature; you still need to go loot ammo to even use this. In the time they spend running around looking for all of the appropriate parts they could probably just find a shotgun (or any other firearm), even if this is future DayZ where guns are 20 times rarer than they are now.

Plus, this may just bother me in particular, but because of modeling concerns they'd only make one model for the pipe shotgun, and thus every single improvised gun would look exactly the same, and that irks me because that's rarely the case IRL.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

The Taurus isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I assume you're just endorsing pocket semi-autos as better.

Are you talking guns like the SIG P230/P238, CZ 83, Beretta Cheetah, Ruger LCP, or Walther PP/PPK, or something else? Because I'd definitely rather have one of those and then a Ruger LCR in .22LR if they're going to do others.

Taurus M380, why add that gun? It's hardly common and it's just about the only one of its type as well. There are countless revolvers that are more common and better representatives of their class of weapon. Just to use .380? Not a good reason, then 50% of the game's revolvers are very unusual examples. And for .380 automatics there are lots of options but most of the ones that are significantly smaller than the Makarov are made for the American market. It's too bad we don't have .32.

Taurus M380, why add that gun? It's hardly common and it's just about the only one of its type as well. There are countless revolvers that are more common and better representatives of their class of weapon. Just to use .380? Not a good reason, then 50% of the game's revolvers are very unusual examples. And for .380 automatics there are lots of options but most of the ones that are significantly smaller than the Makarov are made for the American market. It's too bad we don't have .32.

My favorite .380s are also .32s. Let's get some ortgies, or remington p51. The old one. (Or an old Husqvarna or Browning/FN job)

The .32 is a blegh round. (TBH, if you own any of these, a .32 NAA borer might be something to look into, I think the .380 is also anemic)

Marlin Model 60 anyone?

I tried this with a Stevens .22. I'd still like a stevens. I'd rather go with the marlin 99 over the marlin 60 though. The marlin 99 is 10x cooler.

img_0002.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Edited by agouti

.32 ACP and 9x18mm would've definitely been a better way to go - there are very few (common) .380 guns that don't also have .32 variants, and obviously the 9x18 variants of the weapons we have now are much more prolific than other calibers.

I'm a big fan of the Walther PP in particular and it obviously wasn't marketed to Americans, but I'm wondering how you feel about that in particular because it'd basically be the third World War-era German pistol in the game, it gives off a heavy "this is a pop culture gun" vibe, and it also looks somewhat like the Makarov - but it's also not implausible either.

.32 ACP and 9x18mm would've definitely been a better way to go - there are very few (common) .380 guns that don't also have .32 variants, and obviously the 9x18 variants of the weapons we have now are much more prolific than other calibers.

I'm a big fan of the Walther PP in particular and it obviously wasn't marketed to Americans, but I'm wondering how you feel about that in particular because it'd basically be the third World War-era German pistol in the game, it gives off a heavy "this is a pop culture gun" vibe, and it also looks somewhat like the Makarov - but it's also not implausible either.

PP, PPK, I don't see a problem with.

How about a Berdan II rifle for a single shot breech loading bolt action 7.62x54mmR rifle?

The Berdan I Rifle was initially developed in 1868 to finally grant the Russian Empire a breech loading rifle, as the global arms race of the late 19th century raged on. Replacing previously used rifle muskets, the Berdan Rifle was initally developed to use a 10.75x58mmR centerfire cartridge, and was fed via a bolt action (similar to what is commonly associated with Mosin Nagant Rifles which used the Berdan's design.)

Initially manufactured to a tally of 30000 for 2 years by Colt in the USA, Berdan I's were soon replaced with the Russian made Berdan II in 1870 which would be produced for 25 years in numbers exceeding 3 million, and were distinctively recognized due to the fact that the closed and locked bolt points upwards at a 30 degree angle, and had an incredibly long length of 1.3m from muzzle to stock! They saw debut service with the Russian Empire in the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-1878, however Ottoman Soldiers quickly showed the obsoletion of single shot rifles and ate many Russian soldiers alive in combat with lever action Winchester 1873 pistol caliber carbines. This, combined with the introduction of magazine fed bolt action rifles in the 1880's such as the German Gewehr 88 and the French Lebel 1886 rifle prompted the Russian army to acquire a bolt action repeater of its own in the form of the widely reknowned Mosin Nagant Rifle, which used many elements of the Berdan's bolt action and safety design, with the Mosin Nagant becoming the standard issue service rifle from 1891 onwards for the Russian military.

Nevertheless Berdan II rifles were to continue seeing limited use until as late as the Second World War by Russian, Finnish, Serbian, Ethiopian and Mongolian forces, and Belgium was contracted by the Russian army to rechamber the rifles into the Mosin Nagant's 7.62x54mmR cartridge, with 200000 Berdan II's being rechambered and resighted for the newer cartridge.

This rifle would ultimately provide a stop gap measure in Day Z for those seeking to later use Mosin 91/30s and SVD Dragunovs, much like the IZH-18 provides a stop gap for those intending to later use CR527s, SKSs and AKMs. The reload would be slightly longer than the IZH-18's (Berdan II's can only achieve 6-8 rounds per minute) and the rifle cannot be sawn off, but this is compensated by the much higher power, accuracy and range that is provided by the 7.62x54mmR over the IZH-18's 7.62x39mm, and the ammunition is able to be found among civilian residences as well as military establishments.

Berdan_Rifle.jpg

Rifle_Berdan_II_AdamsGuns.jpg

How about a Berdan II rifle for a single shot breech loading bolt action 7.62x54mmR rifle?

Cool suggestion!

I definitely think there should be some more old fashioned bolt action rifles, and more low tier weapons in general.

Looks like it's pretty rare though, especially the rechambered 7.62x54r version but you could say the same about quite a lot of the guns already ingame.

Well the FN Trombone certainly isn't common. Last one I saw for sale was $1800 + and was made in 1954, which meant being pre 1960's it wouldn't mount a scope either. Their production numbers were only 150000 and there aren't any listings at the moment on Armslist. Yet for some reason this is one of the most common of firearms you can find in Chernarus. In comparison there are 200000 7.62x54R Berdans in existence, and 3 million 10.75x58mmR Berdans in existence. It certainly makes more sense to have in game than the Trumpet.

Yeah, just grab any old pipe you find laying about and shove cartridges into it, that will work fine  :rolleyes:

inb4 the pipe explodes and blows your hand off.

At least if a bow "goes wrong", it won't kill you. Plus, with the above, you are still tied onto loot spawns that realistically, would be dwindling quite quickly. 12 Gauge shotshells don't grow on trees. Arrow shafts, on the other hand, can be found everywhere.

Plus, you know, you can't exactly fucking aim with that thing, either. Good luck hitting, much less killing, anything past spitting distance. At least smoothbore shotguns have sights and stocks. Hell, blackpowder muskets  have sights and stocks. That thing? Nah, waste of space

Technically you aren't supposed to aim shotguns, except with slugs. You are supposed to "point" it. The bead is there for when you start out.

That's assuming the shotgun fits you, but if we can have magic self-zeroing scopes then why not?

People also get desperate, I'd rather a pipe shotgun than a improvised bow.

More likely to find ammo than the gun it's for the last time I played.

Of course you can't aim, but you can guess. It'd be extremely close range, last resort weapon.

For balance sake I'd give it about the damage of the MP133 but with no cross hairs at all. No ability to aim other than a mild guess, and the possibility for explosion on the high side. Because it's actually realistic.

Edited by Dchil

Well the FN Trombone certainly isn't common. Last one I saw for sale was $1800 + and was made in 1954, which meant being pre 1960's it wouldn't mount a scope either. Their production numbers were only 150000 and there aren't any listings at the moment on Armslist. Yet for some reason this is one of the most common of firearms you can find in Chernarus. In comparison there are 200000 7.62x54R Berdans in existence, and 3 million 10.75x58mmR Berdans in existence. It certainly makes more sense to have in game than the Trumpet.

The FN Trombone was almost chiefly marketed to European customers, very few made it into the US and that's why they fetch such a high price here. That doesn't necessarily mean they would be as common as in DayZ, but they're definitely not unreasonable.

The Berdan is a pretty cool gun but there's no way you'd ever find more of those than Mosins. As a "stop gap" weapon it just doesn't make any sense. Still perfectly plausible for the setting but if you're going for realism then these would be inferior and less common than the Nagants, and as such they're just variety.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Bout time for a melee weapon suggestion: The Cordless Drill.

The power drill is an amazing DIY tool for any man to have. It can be used to bore a hole through various different materials, or fuse materials together. It also doubles as a simple, yet somewhat grizzly melee weapon when used as such that can easily cut clean through a man's skull and brain. Powered by an 18v battery, the power drill is a simple electrical tool that when turned on and with the trigger pulled will rotate a fore end, which can be fitted with various attachments.

The drill can be used to do small stabbing damage (similar to a screwdriver) with a small bleed chance in melee combat on its own. When combined with the battery and turned on, the weapon will cleanly bore through flesh, bone, clothing etc. It will conduct a very large bleed chance, will easily fracture bones if it strikes a limb, or if it makes contact with the head, will likely kill its target in moments. The drive forward and boring is also continuous - holding down the shoot/stab button will continue to rotate the drill bit, meaning if the target doesn't immediately pull away from the drill bit, they will sustain incredible amounts of damage. Continuous use however will quickly drain the battery of power, so use the power sparingly. Also be aware that the range of the weapon is short, and there is no swing, so you must make sure you line up the target well for the drill to make contact and do the damage intended. The power drill will take up 6 slots - 2 across, and 3 down.

602166590-met-cordless-drill-driver-18v-

Now I know the devs said they weren't planning on introducing any further calibers any time soon, but honestly no survival game is complete without a .410 shotgun, which is one of the most effective survival firearms you can have, as well as a very popular shotgun due to it's low recoil and ease of handling. So I'd like to sugget a .410 shotgun, the Rossi Rio Grande:

The Rossi Rio Grande .410 is a 6+1 shooting .410 lever action shotgun, converted from Rossi's popular Rossi Rio Grande in .30-30. It is highly affordable (going for between $350-$550 a piece,) and reknowned for its actually somewhat decent accuracy for a shotgun, with decent patterns with buckshot suitable for self defense usage being able to go to 25 yards or further, thanks to it's full choke. It also has a rear sight, unlike most shotguns which just have front beads, which allows for accurate shot placement when using shot at longer ranges, or using slugs or certain pistol/rifle cartridges that can fit in the chamber and safely fire. Being a .410, it is no 12 gauge in damage, though the damage is still quite considerable (2-3 hit kill within range,) and the .410 would be able to outrange the 12 gauge shotguns, and be more accurate too. It is not to be underestimated either - it may be the smallest shotgun cartridge on the market, but it is still highly lethal and deadly on most game or even people. The lower recoil also means quick accurate follow up shots can be made better than with the 12 gauge shotguns such as the IZH43 or the MP133. The smaller cartridge means a shorter action to cycle, meaning quicker cycling of the action (though a semi automatic is still far superior in this regard.)

In Day Z, this simple lever action shotgun will offer the option to shotgun fans - accuracy, firing rate and economical carry of ammunition, or sheer 1 shot kill stopping power. .410 stacks also will be able to go up to 25 instead of 15 and found in boxes of 20, making carrying .410 more economical to use and easier to find ammunition for.

So here's the Rio Grande:

wm_6203784.jpg

Now I know the devs said they weren't planning on introducing any further calibers any time soon, but honestly no survival game is complete without a .410 shotgun, which is one of the most effective survival firearms you can have, as well as a very popular shotgun due to it's low recoil and ease of handling. So I'd like to sugget a .410 shotgun, the Rossi Rio Grande:

The Rossi Rio Grande .410 is a 6+1 shooting .410 lever action shotgun, converted from Rossi's popular Rossi Rio Grande in .30-30. It is highly affordable (going for between $350-$550 a piece,) and reknowned for its actually somewhat decent accuracy for a shotgun, with decent patterns with buckshot suitable for self defense usage being able to go to 25 yards or further, thanks to it's full choke. It also has a rear sight, unlike most shotguns which just have front beads, which allows for accurate shot placement when using shot at longer ranges, or using slugs or certain pistol/rifle cartridges that can fit in the chamber and safely fire. Being a .410, it is no 12 gauge in damage, though the damage is still quite considerable (2-3 hit kill within range,) and the .410 would be able to outrange the 12 gauge shotguns, and be more accurate too. It is not to be underestimated either - it may be the smallest shotgun cartridge on the market, but it is still highly lethal and deadly on most game or even people. The lower recoil also means quick accurate follow up shots can be made better than with the 12 gauge shotguns such as the IZH43 or the MP133. The smaller cartridge means a shorter action to cycle, meaning quicker cycling of the action (though a semi automatic is still far superior in this regard.)

In Day Z, this simple lever action shotgun will offer the option to shotgun fans - accuracy, firing rate and economical carry of ammunition, or sheer 1 shot kill stopping power. .410 stacks also will be able to go up to 25 instead of 15 and found in boxes of 20, making carrying .410 more economical to use and easier to find ammunition for.

So here's the Rio Grande:

wm_6203784.jpg

seems good but I think 20 gauge might be a better choise but I'm not sure .410 is common or at least findable in Europe. The gun your suggested is very nice and would fit fine with the r92. .410 also always the addition to shotgun revolvers and a few other compact guns. Although if they don't add 410 they can just add the browing 1887. About 200,000k originals were made but there's plenty of reproduction models out there in 12 gauge so it fit fine hopefully its able to be sawed off.

Shotguns with tubular magazines can't be sawn off without modification to the parts and magazines. You would cut the magazine open in the process and render it useless.

As for Europe? .410 shotguns are readily available there. They are not as popular as 12 gauge or 20 gauge to my knowledge, but still quite popular there, and certainly the .410 is perfectly capable of reliably taking out any hunting game in Europe except for maybe bears (which I can't imagine there being too many of in a country like Chernarus anyway, if there were any.)

Personally I see more difference in performance between a .410 against a 12 gauge than a .20 gauge vs a 12 gauge though, so I figured to make a wider variety and disparity of firearms it would make more sense to have .410 as an alternative shotgun cartridge than 20 gauge. It's for the same reason I don't see the 1887 12 gauges having a place in the game, because in reality using an 1887 12 gauge would be no different than using an MP-133 in performance. Same firing rate, same magazine capacity, same cartridge. The only thing it has going for it is the cool factor of the lever action, but there are other lever action shotguns in different cartridges that would be more unique in performance than the 1887.

Shotguns with tubular magazines can't be sawn off without modification to the parts and magazines. You would cut the magazine open in the process and render it useless.

As for Europe? .410 shotguns are readily available there. They are not as popular as 12 gauge or 20 gauge to my knowledge, but still quite popular there, and certainly the .410 is perfectly capable of reliably taking out any hunting game in Europe except for maybe bears (which I can't imagine there being too many of in a country like Chernarus anyway, if there were any.)

Personally I see more difference in performance between a .410 against a 12 gauge than a .20 gauge vs a 12 gauge though, so I figured to make a wider variety and disparity of firearms it would make more sense to have .410 as an alternative shotgun cartridge than 20 gauge. It's for the same reason I don't see the 1887 12 gauges having a place in the game, because in reality using an 1887 12 gauge would be no different than using an MP-133 in performance. Same firing rate, same magazine capacity, same cartridge. The only thing it has going for it is the cool factor of the lever action, but there are other lever action shotguns in different cartridges that would be more unique in performance than the 1887.

the whole point of the lever action is the lever action and sawing off ability. Adding another pump shotgun won't hurt either if no lever action as long as it can be sawed off and take .410 if it comes and has a different finish. I'm not against .410 I actully really like it gives a chance for some crazy weapons that will take a lifetime to find but will be ultimately worth looking like a bfr in .410. Edited by DaNic2553

As I said before, you can't actually saw off lever or pump action shotguns that use tubular magazines. This is because if you sawn off the fore end, you would have to cut your magazine open, rendering it completely useless. You'd have to modify your magazine beforehand and make it shorter, and thus hold less cartridges.

The only firearms that can actually be sawn off are muzzle loaders, break action and box magazine fed manual firearms (such as bolt action.) Tubular magazines, such as those used in almost every pump action and lever action firearm can't be cut down because the magazine is horizontal and goes down the length of the barrel.

As I said before, you can't actually saw off lever or pump action shotguns that use tubular magazines. This is because if you sawn off the fore end, you would have to cut your magazine open, rendering it completely useless. You'd have to modify your magazine beforehand and make it shorter, and thus hold less cartridges.

The only firearms that can actually be sawn off are muzzle loaders, break action and box magazine fed manual firearms (such as bolt action.) Tubular magazines, such as those used in almost every pump action and lever action firearm can't be cut down because the magazine is horizontal and goes down the length of the barrel.

Well.... actually you can.

The typical saw down of a tube mag firearm is cutting the barrel down to the end of the tube.

So turning this:

rem_m870turkey0203111.jpg

into this:

100_0239-1-1.jpg

The problem with this suggestion is that (to my knowledge, haven't played in a while) we don't have a tube mag firearm with a barrel significantly longer than the mag.

Going any shorter requires skills that the typical person wouldn't know and tools we don't have in the game. Yet.

• Like 2

On the subject of .410 shotguns, perhaps a better suggestion that is more unique and will make a .410 a more viable alternative to the 12 gauge - the Taurus Circuit Judge.

The Taurus Circuit Judge is a revolving pistol carbine/shotgun that is chambered for a variety of cartridges, most predominantly .44 magnum and .410/.45 Long Colt. This variant, the .410 shotgun/.45 Long Colt pistol carbine has a 5 shot cylinder, and a very rapid double action mechanism with built in extractors. It is becoming increasingly popular for self defense and hunting around the world due to legal complications in many countries when dealing with semi automatic rifles or semi automatic shotguns. The double action trigger allows the weapon to effectively function as a semi automatic, allowing many shooters in countries such as Australia to effectively circumvent gun control laws. It is also reasonably priced for what it is, generally between $550-$700 a piece. With it's rifled barrel and full choke, the firearm is also very accurate for the cartridges being used. The front sight has a red fiber optic wire, allowing the front bead to still easily be seen in low light conditions. Many circuit judges also have rails to allow for the attachment of optics and flashlights, to allow shooters to tailor the gun for their needs.

In Day Z, this would provide a unique firearm (it is a double action revolver after all,) that also can be found with a bit of effort among residential homes along with the ammunition, without requiring a magazine. It provides shotgun users a choice between the other shotguns that are all 12 gauge - do I seek raw stopping power per shot, or do I take accuracy and a fast (effectively) semi automatic action instead? The shotgun will still do significant amounts of damage within 25m (it is after all a shotgun!) and has a tighter shot pattern (meaning longer range than the 12 gauge,) and is similar in dimensions to the MP-133 pistol grip (meaning the Circuit Judge can be concealed in a hunting or mountain backpack if need be,) whilst having a very fast action. However, multiple shots may be required on unarmoured targets to put them down, unlike with the 12 gauge shotguns. You also have 1 less round to shoot before reloading compared to the MP133.

However, when used within 25m, the sheer weight of fire of a very rapid firing shotgun is more than enough to instill sheer terror within its unfortunate victims, and the smaller size and weight of the .410 means that you can find ammunition in larger packets, and carry much more.

SCJ4510SS_1.jpg

• Like 1