alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

1920px-Nagant_Revolver.jpg

There apparently is a .22 lr model of this firearm sold in Eastern nations for sporting purposes.

• Like 2

There apparently is a .22 lr model of this firearm sold in Eastern nations for sporting purposes.

Absolutely 100% yes!

We get the Nagant and a .22LR revolver in one package, that's awesome.

Please Delete...Double posted...

Edited by 904ownage

AA-12 Automatic Shotgun, Ooo and now that Obummer banned Russian import rifles in the U.S about about a Saiga 12 Gauge.?.? Flare Gun ( Used for Illuminating gunfights and marking landing spots for the helis and aircraft that I know your going to give us since I bought the SA instead of Mod and im broke...A Springfield XD .40 (One badass Croatian pistol I grew to love when I had a 1911 stolen and not enough cash to replace it...) Im not a fan but im sure there are some Glock fanboys around...Maybe a 38 special, And you gotta have a Russian PKM Machine Gun, Mossberg 500 Pistol Grip (great for blowing your elbow out while drinking Russian vodka and shooting one handed too many times : ) And a flamethrower, Yesssss...

O.K I'm done sorry if I repeated guns previously mentioned I have no sleep and couldn't make it through the list and got a bit carried away...

AA-12 Automatic Shotgun, Ooo and now that Obummer banned Russian import rifles in the U.S about about a Saiga 12 Gauge.?.? Flare Gun ( Used for Illuminating gunfights and marking landing spots for the helis and aircraft that I know your going to give us since I bought the SA instead of Mod and im broke...A Springfield XD .40 (One badass Croatian pistol I grew to love when I had a 1911 stolen and not enough cash to replace it...) Im not a fan but im sure there are some Glock fanboys around...Maybe a 38 special, And you gotta have a Russian PKM Machine Gun, Mossberg 500 Pistol Grip (great for blowing your elbow out while drinking Russian vodka and shooting one handed too many times : ) And a flamethrower, Yesssss...

AA-12?

You+re+like+that+guy+that+comments+First

Why=? just because it's an AA-12 :P

Flare-gun is already in the makin', PKM will probably also come as a vehicle-mounted LMG, too.

Edited by irishroy

AA-12?

You+re+like+that+guy+that+comments+First

Why=? just because it's an AA-12 :P

Flare-gun is already in the makin', PKM will probably also come as a vehicle-mounted LMG, too.

Hey maybe he watched Expendables and got the idea.

expendables-bg.jpg

Those boys got all the cool toys. Tactical scarf check, tactical tactical flashlight check, tactical laser check, tactical dual wielding double check.

Lmao I've been around and shot more firearms irl then you will in any video game...And why the AA12.?.? Because it's a fully automatic shotgun...What's not to love.?.? Every game needs a lama cannon...Why not go big with the AA12...It's even gas operated to reduce recoil so lil girls like you can handle it...

Lmao I've been around and shot more firearms irl then you will in any video game...And why the AA12.?.? Because it's a fully automatic shotgun...What's not to love.?.? Every game needs a lama cannon...Why not go big with the AA12...It's even gas operated to reduce recoil so lil girls like you can handle it...

Man.

The AA-12 1. is 'murican. But many people (me included) want weapons in DayZ, which fit the setting. And these weapons are mostly eastern/"russian" or "soviet" weapons.

What mag has the AA-12? Normal one and the drum-thingy? Damn. Having the AA-12 with a drummag and 20-30 shells.... This is like another spray-weapon (it's not even spray'n pray, just spray) for "CoD"-kiddos, who play DayZ to KoS and "rambo" around with AKM+75rounds or M4 with 60roundmag... But the problem is, that every shot from the AA-12 would be a one-hit-kill under 15/20m for sure... and that with a Firerate of what?

Simply put: AA-12 would heavily influence the weapon-balance (to the bad, I would think)

Hey maybe he watched Expendables and got the idea.

expendables-bg.jpg

Those boys got all the cool toys. Tactical scarf check, tactical tactical flashlight check, tactical laser check, tactical dual wielding double check.

Yeah, why not also add a .50-Cal-sniperrifle to DayZ to throw gun-balance completely out of the window.#

Add .50-cal-SR:

increased the Kill-on-Sight-range to 50km? Check

increased PvP-action? Check

Edited by irishroy

medium.jpg?1386210044

L115A3 aka AWM with bipod, suppresor/compensator, burlap wrap/grass wrap, paintable, scope 100m-1km. I love this weapon not cause it was in Counter-Strike, but cause this ergonomic style!

Edited by Herubin

I know that its not really connected to eastern part of world and Chernarus, but i would like to see famas in game.

Edited by Disko ninja

As the were NATO troops in Chernarus the list of assault rilfes found on Helicopter crash sites could be increased. Now those rifles should not be M4A1 clones but rather have some slightly different stats so the choice might be a matter of preference (none of them should be straight better). However, they should probably share attachments and use STANAG magazines.

My list (sorted by likelihod):

1. M16A4 (compared to the M4 sacrifices dexterity for accuracy and damage, 3-round burst instead of full auto, both share a very high rate of fire)
  2. L85A2 (damage comparable to M16, less recoil but heavier, full auto but lower rate of fire, slightly higher dexterity but slightly lower accuracy)
  3. FAMAS-G2 (like the L85A2 but lighter, higher rate of fire, probably higher recoil and slightly less damage)
  4. G36 with STANAG adapter (similar to the M16 but slightly less damage, lower rate of fire and more accurate, capable of full auto fire)
  5. AUG NATO (comparable to the M4 but lower rate of fire and more damage, maybe also a little bit less accurate)

Now the properties in brackets are just my personal interpretation. The idea is to have more choice instead only ever finding the same assault rifle at crashsites and without having to add too many magazine types or attachments that basically do the same thing. So even if you found a fully fitted out NATO assault rifle on a crash site you might want to visit others to find a weapon that better suits your preferences.

1. M16A4 (compared to the M4 sacrifices dexterity for accuracy and damage, 3-round burst instead of full auto, both share a very high rate of fire)
  2. L85A2 (damage comparable to M16, less recoil but heavier, full auto but lower rate of fire, slightly higher dexterity but slightly lower accuracy)
  3. FAMAS-G2 (like the L85A2 but lighter, higher rate of fire, probably higher recoil and slightly less damage)
  4. G36 with STANAG adapter (similar to the M16 but slightly less damage, lower rate of fire and more accurate, capable of full auto fire)
  5. AUG NATO (comparable to the M4 but lower rate of fire and more damage, maybe also a little bit less accurate)

All those guns use M855 ball as a duty round and would have the same "Damage" IRL. The only differences would be range,ROF and recoil. Also list the AUG A3 as it uses STANAGs.

Damage also depends on the weapon (barrel length, action etc.). Sure the differences shouldn't be as high as between different cartridges but there should be a noticable difference between the strongest (like the M16) and the weakest (like the M4A1) - thats actually one of the major downsides of carbines compared to longer rifles.

So if the M16 would do 10% more damage than the M4A1 it would be a reasonable amount that is also supported by their technical data. the other rifles should fall in between (AUG also 10% damage increase, G36 6% increase and so on).

What the hell? The Saiga 12 should be added in a later version!

As the were NATO troops in Chernarus the list of assault rilfes found on Helicopter crash sites could be increased. Now those rifles should not be M4A1 clones but rather have some slightly different stats so the choice might be a matter of preference (none of them should be straight better). However, they should probably share attachments and use STANAG magazines.

My list (sorted by likelihod):

Now the properties in brackets are just my personal interpretation. The idea is to have more choice instead only ever finding the same assault rifle at crashsites and without having to add too many magazine types or attachments that basically do the same thing. So even if you found a fully fitted out NATO assault rifle on a crash site you might want to visit others to find a weapon that better suits your preferences.

I'd also make the point that the G36 is used by pretty much half of eastern Europe's armed forces anyhow. 

Damage also depends on the weapon (barrel length, action etc.). Sure the differences shouldn't be as high as between different cartridges but there should be a noticable difference between the strongest (like the M16) and the weakest (like the M4A1) - thats actually one of the major downsides of carbines compared to longer rifles.

So if the M16 would do 10% more damage than the M4A1 it would be a reasonable amount that is also supported by their technical data. the other rifles should fall in between (AUG also 10% damage increase, G36 6% increase and so on).

How are we going about this "Damage scale"? Taking three rounds to the chest of 5.56 is going to do comparable damage regardless of the weapon. Barrels effect range unless you are taking about having a barrel twist ratio that would cause the round to tumble and apply a different type of wound. Those rifles all have 1:7 or 1:9 twist ratios so there would be no tumble with M855 or M193. When I got out of basic to go to AIT and learned the differences between an M16A2 and an M4 carbine "Damage" was not one of them. When I learned how to perform Depot level maintenance on small arms as an armorer I was never briefed on damage differences with barrel length as barrel length affects range. Gas or piston operation does not make the round more or less deadly, nor does the fire control group.

How are we going about this "Damage scale"?

Pressure/velocity/energy - yes the most noticeable difference would be range. However, a higher force applied to your target might also cause more damage. We are talking about minor fluctuations here (~10%) but it might make a difference in terms of effective range (depends on how this would be handled ingame), protective clothing (a combination that would barely protect against a M4A1 shot would not protect against a M16 shot) and obstacle penetration (which seems to be only semi-implemented right now).

Also you are right about gas/piston operation not making a difference - but automatic vs, manual operation might, simply because you cannot use the energy used for reloading to further increase your bullets impact force.

Don't misunderstand me - I don't want the M16 to deal way more damage than the M4A1. I want it to be a little more effective in certain situations... just as it is in real life. Also speaking of "damage" in real life is a little odd as real people don't have a hitpoint system. Its just a model for the slightly higher power that would cause the right effects.

Edited by Evil Minion

protective clothing (a combination that would barely protect against a M4A1 shot would not protect against a M16 shot)

I really don't think there is any type of equipment that could be defeated by a 5.56 round fired from an M16 while being able to withstand the same type of round from an M4. An M16 would be no better at defeating body armor or a vehicle than an M4. It would be more believable to add AP ammo like M995 than Rifles being better at penetrating vests and armor than Carbines.

Edited by Dale Gribble

Very unlikely given the difference is only about 10% but it is existent (you could also look at other sources). Its similar to a .357 Magnum rifle being much more powerful than a .357 Magnum revolver - but less significant.

Now stopping a bullet is unlikely but I can see a M16 knocking out a player under certain conditions while the M4A1 still has him standing (in DayZ mechanics). No need to glorify the shorter/carbine versions by making them deal the same damage - they already got their advantages in being lighter and easier to handle in close quarters.

Edited by Evil Minion

The first four pictures are what they look like... I don't think they make handgun versions anymore, although they do exist as Ex-trainers. Carbines could work but a .22 with a seven-round capacity and slow reload would be almost pointless.

What about an RPG-7? It sounds dumb, and incredibly overpowered but its the most common rocket launcher in the world, and Chernarus being being a former Warsaw pact country would no doubt still make use of them. It could further balanced by the RPG taking up the slot of your primary weapon a and each rocket taking 3 vertical spaces, or maybe even 4. Obviously there no use for it now, but it would be an interesting addition alongside cars, something to really make people fear and reconsider driving one.  

Other weapons i would love to see implemented but have probably already been discusser include the SVT-40, SVD dragunov, AK-74, AKS-74u, AK-74m (to replace the ak-101), AK-105 (to go alongside the 74m), RPK, RPK-74, PKM (this would be hard to balance and likley have to be the only heavy machine gun), CZ-550 (chambered in .308), M14 and FN FAL for heli crashes, and the TT-33 and CZ-52 using 7.62x25. 

What about an RPG-7? It sounds dumb, and incredibly overpowered but its the most common rocket launcher in the world, and Chernarus being being a former Warsaw pact country would no doubt still make use of them. It could further balanced by the RPG taking up the slot of your primary weapon a and each rocket taking 3 vertical spaces, or maybe even 4. Obviously there no use for it now, but it would be an interesting addition alongside cars, something to really make people fear and reconsider driving one.  

Other weapons i would love to see implemented but have probably already been discusser include the SVT-40, SVD dragunov, AK-74, AKS-74u, AK-74m (to replace the ak-101), AK-105 (to go alongside the 74m), RPK, RPK-74, PKM (this would be hard to balance and likley have to be the only heavy machine gun), CZ-550 (chambered in .308), M14 and FN FAL for heli crashes, and the TT-33 and CZ-52 using 7.62x25. 

RPG-7 and heavy & light machine guns should be in game. İf they put cars, helicopters,planes, boats they should put guns that we can stop veichles with otherwise if someone got helicoper he will become unstopable for very very long time.

Of course I know there are plans to add more guns into the dayZ standalone and just in case i wanted to make my suggestion for one of those. The G36C assault rifle is by far one of my favorites and beautiful looking gun. It has one amazing design that it is 100% ambidextrous so able to be used by both left and right handed people comfortably. 

ARES36CBLOWB-1.jpg

• Like 1

Good idea. I would prefer less military weapons, but I absolutely love this rifle. So sleek.

• Like 1

I think the G36 series looks awful (like almost every other german weapon too)

And since it IS a german assault rifle it would not make much sense in (Black-) Russia