alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Actually...AlexeiStukov, would you mind if I repost my suggestion of the SUB-2000 as it's own thread? I would like to get the community's view of it... perhaps Marshall some support for the idea... I really think it would fit the game, if not the region, perfectly.

Actually...AlexeiStukov, would you mind if I repost my suggestion of the SUB-2000 as it's own thread? I would like to get the community's view of it... perhaps Marshall some support for the idea... I really think it would fit the game, if not the region, perfectly.

Hate to tell ya but it will either be merged back in here or hidden. See like two pages back where it's happened recently. It's far easier for the Devs to track in one location

I would not mind it, but then again i suggest you follow what Lithium said,

Hate to tell ya but it will either be merged back in here or hidden. See like two pages back where it's happened recently. It's far easier for the Devs to track in one location

The Devs are not going to have the time to scramble through a bunch of threads containing weapon suggestions.

God Bless!

Added the following:

AR-15 Semi-Automatic Rifle

Kel-Tec SUB-2000 Pistol Carbine (Classified as a Semi-Automatic Rifle)

Vz. 58 Assault Rifle

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

Going to be adding the following sometime today:

MAC-10 Sub Machine gun

Vz. 26 Sub Machine Gun

Karabiner 98k Rifle

Winchester 1894 (or Marlin Model 1894C)

While not quite as accurate as the Winchester 1895 in terms of setting it could fit pretty well as a civilian firearm. The reason is that there are versions using the .357 Magnum cartridge which only fits a single gun right now. I think thats a more sensible approach than just adding other revolvers (in this case they should add either a snub nose or one with a very long barrel) or keeping it the only one-gun-bullet. Also I want a lever-action in game for some reason (complete with prone repeating disadvantage). And if you look at it from the other side: You won't get yet another 7.62x54mmR (or other full power round) weapon but a rifle that has a little different feeling about it.

• Like 2

A Sako Trg 42 338 lapua magnum would be wicked!

Edited by ANQ

Winchester 1894 (or Marlin Model 1894C)

While not quite as accurate as the Winchester 1895 in terms of setting it could fit pretty well as a civilian firearm. The reason is that there are versions using the .357 Magnum cartridge which only fits a single gun right now. I think thats a more sensible approach than just adding other revolvers (in this case they should add either a snub nose or one with a very long barrel) or keeping it the only one-gun-bullet. Also I want a lever-action in game for some reason (complete with prone repeating disadvantage). And if you look at it from the other side: You won't get yet another 7.62x54mmR (or other full power round) weapon but a rifle that has a little different feeling about it.

ChrisTorchia twittered some time ago that when a lever-action-rifle is implemented, it will be one, which can sare ammo with current guns.

and when the Marlin was suggested, he answered something like "if a lever-gun, than this"

so it's pretty sure ;)

EDIT:

WOOTWOOT

Twitter says that CTorchia is working on a Rossi Leveraction Rifle

Edited by irishroy

Model 1911 will be put back on the list since a Kimber was added.

Makarov PM will be put underneath Implemented Weapons.

Model 1911 will be put back on the list since a Kimber was added.

What is the significant difference? The Kimber is a 1911 variant, right? Wouldn't it make sense to add the M4 (burst mode version) to the list as well?

Edited by Evil Minion

What is the significant difference? The Kimber is a 1911 variant, right? Wouldn't it make sense to add the M4 (burst mode version) to the list as well?

What we had listed is the Colt Model 1911, not a Kimber 1911 variant

Makarov PM is coming off because 9x18mm Makarov will never be in the game most likely.

M4 Burst mode is not needed due to the ability to already burst fire in game by holding down mouse for about 1.5 seconds or so

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Would much rather see a variety of pistols/calibers than a bunch of different kinds of one pistol, (and I own a Kimber the integrated laser sight in the grip is nice) a 1911 is a 1911.

• Like 2

Would much rather see a variety of pistols/calibers than a bunch of different kinds of one pistol, (and I own a Kimber the integrated laser sight in the grip is nice) a 1911 is a 1911.

Crimson trace grips should be an attachment for M1911 pistols.

Also where is our ArmA 3 imported Mateba auto revolver chambered in .357?

I also submit a crafting idea.

players, if lucky enough to come across an outback gunsmithing depot, could  acquire some casings, gun powder, bullets, primers and possibly a hand-loading kit similar to this one below and maybe a hand-loader manual. In this way, they could begin fashioning their own ammo in small quantities.

ReloadingStandhomepage.jpg

Naturally, hand-loaded ammo might not be as accurate, and may be prone to jamming the weapon, not firing at all, or damaging the weapon, so it would take some skill to improve your success.

You'd also need to mount the kit securely on a sturdy bench, so it would require that you succeeded in setting up a temporary base of operations.

The hand loader would also need to find the right manual as well as equipment for the cartridge that he/she wishes to craft. As for shells, they could possibly reuse the spent casings that were undamaged after firing.

Comments? Beans?

"Handcrafted" ammo is usually more accurate and more reliable. You can pick a primer that your gun fancies, and your powder loads can be loaded fanatically accurate. The reason you don't see so much hand loaded ammo is because people are afraid if they use it for self defense, the idiot liberals will say you loaded these bullets to kill and be more damaging. Nevermind the fact that is what a gun does at its very core. Even then you still see a fair amount of handloaded ammo.

Edited by agouti

"Handcrafted" ammo is usually more accurate and more reliable. You can pick a primer that your gun fancies, and your powder loads can be loaded fanatically accurate. The reason you don't see so much hand loaded ammo is because people are afraid if they use it for self defense, the idiot liberals will say you loaded these bullets to kill and be more damaging. Nevermind the fact that is what a gun does at its very core. Even then you still see a fair amount of handloaded ammo.

Agouti, you have posted that here before.

This is a weapons thread. Ammunition does not belong here.

Thank you and God Bless

(Start a craftable ammunition thread)

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Makarov PM is coming off because 9x18mm Makarov will never be in the game most likely.

M4 Burst mode is not needed due to the ability to already burst fire in game by holding down mouse for about 1.5 seconds or so

Highly doubt the M1911A1 will come considering the Kimber Warrior ingame is called the "1911". We might, and I say might, get an old variant, but it's pretty unlikely, and pointless to suggest.

The Makarov is coming, although it's going to be a .380 Izhmash Makarov IJ70, which goes inline with gameplay better, as .380 has a wider variety of applications than 9x18mm and can be used in most 9x18mm firearms (PM63, Bizon, etc.) in addition to plenty of other ones (Vz61 Skorpion, Walther PPK, MAC-11, etc.)

Still don't get why you don't like the PM73 RAK, though.

I think the main reason they did not use 9mm Makarov is to avoid confusion with 9mm Parabellum. Now .380 APC looks very different and the cartridge is also much more popular and many 9mm Makarov weapons also have versions that use either 9mm Parabellum or .380 APC.

I also wonder why there is no FN FAL on the list when there are both the G3 and the M14. However a Battle Rifle would require the introduction of the 7.62x51mm cartridge (not we do not have this - we got 7.62x54mmR and a wrong name) both for gameplay (making the NATO round rare would allow for some high grade western weapons you struggle getting ammo for without crippling more common eastern ones like the Mosin) and authenticity reasons (turns out eastern countries didn't like big powerful rounds nearly as much as western ones).

Highly doubt the M1911A1 will come considering the Kimber Warrior ingame is called the "1911". We might, and I say might, get an old variant, but it's pretty unlikely, and pointless to suggest.

The Makarov is coming, although it's going to be a .380 Izhmash Makarov IJ70, which goes inline with gameplay better, as .380 has a wider variety of applications than 9x18mm and can be used in most 9x18mm firearms (PM63, Bizon, etc.) in addition to plenty of other ones (Vz61 Skorpion, Walther PPK, MAC-11, etc.)

Still don't get why you don't like the PM73 RAK, though.

I am still putting it up regardless.  I said it a long time ago and people agreed.

I do like the PM73 RAK because during my absence i took the time to do my research on the Warsaw Pact.  The gun makes perfect sense.

I think the main reason they did not use 9mm Makarov is to avoid confusion with 9mm Parabellum. Now .380 APC looks very different and the cartridge is also much more popular and many 9mm Makarov weapons also have versions that use either 9mm Parabellum or .380 APC.

I also wonder why there is no FN FAL on the list when there are both the G3 and the M14. However a Battle Rifle would require the introduction of the 7.62x51mm cartridge (not we do not have this - we got 7.62x54mmR and a wrong name) both for gameplay (making the NATO round rare would allow for some high grade western weapons you struggle getting ammo for without crippling more common eastern ones like the Mosin) and authenticity reasons (turns out eastern countries didn't like big powerful rounds nearly as much as western ones).

FN FAL is not put up yet due to time constraints and other weapons that are listed first must be put on the list before it.

I am still putting it up regardless.  I said it a long time ago and people agreed.

I do like the PM73 RAK because during my absence i took the time to do my research on the Warsaw Pact.  The gun makes perfect sense.

Ah, okay.

It was just odd seeing you flip out over something that should be fine, but all's well. Just do your research AHEAD of time next time :P

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Ah, okay.

It was just odd seeing you flip out over something that should be fine, but all's well. Just do your research AHEAD of time next time :P

Yep   :)

Edited by AlexeiStukov

My problem with the RAK is how it's a .380 model. In real life it failed to gain interest on the market. The 9x18 model would have made sense and allowed the Vityaz and Bizon in later updates. It seems the Devs chambered it in .380 to spite the authenticity crowd.

Also why no Saiga or Vepr yet? A shotgun with a detachable magazine and in semi auto may make shells desirable in the game.

My problem with the RAK is how it's a .380 model. In real life it failed to gain interest on the market. The 9x18 model would have made sense and allowed the Vityaz and Bizon in later updates. It seems the Devs chambered it in .380 to spite the authenticity crowd.

Also why no Saiga or Vepr yet? A shotgun with a detachable magazine and in semi auto may make shells desirable in the game.

The PP-19-01 Vityaz is a 9x19mm gun, so they already have the caliber necessary to add it. There's also a .380 Bizon variant called the Bizon 2-02, and it's nearly identical save for the fact that it's .380/9x17mm.

Granted, yes, you're more likely to see a 9x18mm Bizon, Makarov, and PM-63, but for development reasons .380 Auto gives much more variety and still allows for variants of the weapons people are asking for. You can still get a Makarov, it's just an IJ-70, you can still get the RAK, it's just a PM-73, you can still get the Bizon, it's just in .380, etc. And honestly, there's no real major differences between any of those guns and their "standard" counterparts, save for the Makarov IJ70 having black furniture.

With .380, in addition to those guns above, you can also have a CZ-82, Vz61, Walther PPK/S, MAC-11, Beretta 84S, etc. So sure, it's not exactly the type of firearm people are asking for, but it's a much better development choice regarding gameplay.

The PP-19-01 Vityaz is a 9x19mm gun, so they already have the caliber necessary to add it. There's also a .380 Bizon variant called the Bizon 2-02, and it's nearly identical save for the fact that it's .380/9x17mm.

Granted, yes, you're more likely to see a 9x18mm Bizon, Makarov, and PM-63, but for development reasons .380 Auto gives much more variety and still allows for variants of the weapons people are asking for. You can still get a Makarov, it's just an IJ-70, you can still get the RAK, it's just a PM-73, you can still get the Bizon, it's just in .380, etc. And honestly, there's no real major differences between any of those guns and their "standard" counterparts, save for the Makarov IJ70 having black furniture.

With .380, in addition to those guns above, you can also have a CZ-82, Vz61, Walther PPK/S, MAC-11, Beretta 84S, etc. So sure, it's not exactly the type of firearm people are asking for, but it's a much better development choice regarding gameplay.

Seeing how many dislike the scarcity of magazines in game (and really, I agree as guns tend to be more common than their magazines), I doubt we'll see that many new weapons with detachable magazines. It's also the fact that we're playing a game set in East Europe and hardly any of the weapons or ammunition )or planned weapons and ammunition) are Warsaw pact in origin/in common use.

Development has been very haywire. Despite having access to ARMA files, we don't even have real American/NATO uniforms. I would be fine with this if the game only featured Eastern European clothing and items, but now we have fictitious American uniforms in solid green,tan,black and grey. Plate carriers are in the next patch, but I highly doubt players will be able to weave gear on the molle loops or wear a gear vest over it like their real world counterparts. Seems very causal. Sorry for the rant.

Seeing how many dislike the scarcity of magazines in game (and really, I agree as guns tend to be more common than their magazines), I doubt we'll see that many new weapons with detachable magazines. It's also the fact that we're playing a game set in East Europe and hardly any of the weapons or ammunition )or planned weapons and ammunition) are Warsaw pact in origin/in common use.

Development has been very haywire. Despite having access to ARMA files, we don't even have real American/NATO uniforms. I would be fine with this if the game only featured Eastern European clothing and items, but now we have fictitious American uniforms in solid green,tan,black and grey. Plate carriers are in the next patch, but I highly doubt players will be able to weave gear on the molle loops or wear a gear vest over it like their real world counterparts. Seems very causal. Sorry for the rant.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of new weapons, magazine fed included.

The Mosin-Nagant M1891/30 (Mosin 9130), SKS (Yugo SKS M59/66), AKM, IZH-43 & Sawed-Off IZH-43, and CZ-75 (CR75) are all Warsaw Pact/Eastern European weapons. The P1 & MP5K, while not strictly Eastern European, are German, and see plenty of use worldwide. Likewise, the M4A1, Sporter-22, and 1911 are heavily utilized internationally.

The AWC Amphibia S, Colt Python (Magnum), FNX-45, and Thompson Contender (LongHorn) are the only "unfitting" weapons (in a realistic scenario), but the FNP series of pistols is growing in popularity and the Contender & Python are mainly civilian weapons so its not unreasonable to suggest a few might've made their way into Chernarus.

Upcoming we've got the AK101, PM73, SVD, CZ-527 (CR527), Makarov IJ70, MP-133, and possibly a GP-25. These are, again, Eastern European/Warsaw Pact weapons. The Remington 870 and M203 we have confirmed are also completely normal weapons everywhere.

That means 13 out of 24 (over 1/2) of the guns are just Eastern alone, 15 out of 24 are European, and 20 out of 24 without a doubt fit the setting. Sure, we could debate over the merits of the guns that aren't completely sensible, but it's a fictional universe so any point on realism is moot.

On terms of ammunition, .22LR, .380 ACP, 9x19mm, .45 ACP, 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, and 12 Gauge are all incredibly common in post-Soviet states. .357 Magnum isn't as common, but there's no doubt that .357 firearms are there.

I don't see how the specific choice of content in the game would make it "casual" anyway. Even if all of the guns were obscure, out of place, experimental weapons, it could still be made difficult as hell and require intense dedication. But they're nowhere near that, the weapons set is absolutely fine.