alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Hockey sticks

ice-hockey-stick-14136125.jpg

This. Even though it's not a very effective zombie bashing weapon it carries with it an air of attitude.

Please get this into the game.

Be sure to enter your votes! Poll goes down tomorrow at 4:30pm Eastern U.S. Time B)

I don't get how voting works. I just want to vote for hockey sticks. :(

I don't get how voting works. I just want to vote for hockey sticks. :(

This isn't a melee weapons thread (yet), we are focusing on firearms for now  B)

This isn't a melee weapons thread (yet), we are focusing on firearms for now  B)

Ok, then I'm in the wrong place. The title only said "weapons". :)

Be sure to enter your votes! Poll goes down tomorrow at 4:30pm Eastern U.S. Time B)

It dont work..

"Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10355]

You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."

Does this mean that you must check every box? Wouldnt that mean i would want both all weapons and same time dont want any of those weapons? I might be bit dense here too but yea...

Edited by MangoX

It dont work..

"Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10355]

You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."

Does this mean that you must check every box? Wouldnt that mean i would want both all weapons and same time dont want any of those weapons? I might be bit dense here too but yea...

I think the problem is that you have to mark atleast one vote in each section.  I will make another answer later on that fixes this.  I can't right now due to the poll being scheduled to take down tomorrow.

Jesus Christ.

Chernarus is not Russia.

..Yes it is not, but it was a Soviet state at one point in its history, leading to it using several types of Russian weaponry.  Chernarus during the time of the infection most likely had involvement from other foreign countries including the United States and Britain.  The United Nations was also an organization that was involved in helping combat the infection.  Chernarus also was poor, which often leads to crime and criminal organizations are able to get ahold of many different types of weapons.  The Russian Federation did exist during the events of Arma 2, so Russian weaponry would be present due to this and the fact i stated in the beginning. 

I think the problem is that you have to mark atleast one vote in each section.  I will make another answer later on that fixes this.  I can't right now due to the poll being scheduled to take down tomorrow.

I see i dint vote anything in "dont want" section. That must been it then...

Edited by MangoX

Sorry for the organization not being released.  Went to a family related event today.  Update is pushed to tomorrow.

What is the point of the first and third questions?

First Question:  To gain the names of those who voted for a credit list that i put out at the end of every poll.  Check here on friday (3/14/2014) at around 5:00pm to see one of them for this poll, which will be taken down at around 4:00pm (All Eastern U.S. Time).  Those who do not select the first option will most likely not be on the credit list.

Third Question: Gather information from the side of those who oppose certain firearms.  If i only put in the second question, this would be an extremly biased voting system since they only have a choice of liking a firearm.  The third question is a must need for these polls as it gives critical information out to the community and the devs on what people think about which firearms should be added.

Thank you and God Bless! :)

Be sure to get all your votes in today!  Final voting day

So looks like the Belkas-M and the TOZ were the clear winners, though it should be said it seems the community just wants more shotguns period.  That said, I'm pretty sure the Remington 870 was confirmed by Devs at some point (at least, that's the information that had been passed on to me for my thread) so if that is the case those two shotguns may be redundant - the 870 is probably the most popular pump action shotgun ever sold in the world.  Not saying they wouldn't be good alternatives, but we may not see them in if the 870 is indeed put in.  So much for Eastern European flavor :(  Does anyone know if licensing rights are needed to put these weapons in a game?

So looks like the Belkas-M and the TOZ were the clear winners, though it should be said it seems the community just wants more shotguns period.  That said, I'm pretty sure the Remington 870 was confirmed by Devs at some point (at least, that's the information that had been passed on to me for my thread) so if that is the case those two shotguns may be redundant - the 870 is probably the most popular pump action shotgun ever sold in the world.  Not saying they wouldn't be good alternatives, but we may not see them in if the 870 is indeed put in.  So much for Eastern European flavor :(  Does anyone know if licensing rights are needed to put these weapons in a game?

Shouldn't be, as even if there were they would just have too change the names.

Shame why people don't want the Saiga-12 apart from the fact it would be the most suiting of all shotungs on that list .

Shouldn't be, as even if there were they would just have too change the names.

Shame why people don't want the Saiga-12 apart from the fact it would be the most suiting of all shotungs on that list .

Most people only really know about the Saiga-12. I do not however agree that it is the most fitting. The Baikal MP-153 Semiautomatic hunting shotgun fits, so does the Molat Bekas-M. I forgot to add the FORT-500 that another person suggested.

I suspect it's because their only exposure to the Saiga-12 has been watching FPSRussia shoot watermelons and refrigerators at 600 rpm.

• Like 1

Sawn off Baikal would be too awesome to look at :>

Appolgies to everyone.. i again have a ton of school work to do currently.  I am pushing the Machine Gun poll to Sunday (3/16/14) at around 4:00pm Eastern U.S. Time.  The organization may come either tonight or tomorrow.  The poll for the Shotguns will be taken down tonight and i will try and get the results up!

Russia still using AKM/AKMS

Ukraine-Tells-Russia-that-Invasion-Meansarticle-2571653-1BFEEBE200000578-499_634
Guy on the left in the right pic appears to have an AKM fitted with AK-74M furniture and a shorter flashider

I suspect it's because their only exposure to the Saiga-12 has been watching FPSRussia shoot watermelons and refrigerators at 600 rpm.

And the fact that it is used by the Russians in ArmA 2 and in Call of Duty: Black Ops II giving it a sense that it is only an "elit3-level special forces shotgun of d00m!1!111one".

Most people think of the 20-round variant when they see it, and nearly everyone on this forum is opposed to anything that has high-capacity and/or shoots long-ranges or does a lot of damage.

Guy on the left in the right pic appears to have an AKM fitted with AK-74M furniture and a shorter flashider

Probably an AK-103/AK-104, then, as those are 7.62x39mm guns. The guy in the first picture is definitely using an AKMS, though.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

And the fact that it is used by the Russians in ArmA 2 and in Call of Duty: Black Ops II giving it a sense that it is only an "elit3-level special forces shotgun of d00m!1!111one".

Most people think of the 20-round variant when they see it, and nearly everyone on this forum is opposed to anything that has high-capacity and/or shoots long-ranges or does a lot of damage.

Probably an AK-103/AK-104, then, as those are 7.62x39mm guns. The guy in the first picture is definitely using an AKMS, though.

Yeah probably that, as it has a smooth upper receiver, so it would be a A-100 series as it also has the side rail and folding stock which you can't just put on a AKM normally.

Also can you change the yellow font, it is quite bright atm

Edited by Kaxii

I think a FOLDING HUNTING BOW would be pretty cool, Almost completely silent, accurate. Paint customization options. Mostly found in the hunting shacks. If they install huntable animals like deer, rabbits, etc. it would be very advantageous to hunt silently without drawing the attention a gun shot does. I say folding so that it doesn't take up a primary weapon spot on the back, It could take up 3 inventory slots and take about 10 seconds to take out and put back. Of course you would need to find arrows in varying condition that also takes up some inventory. Then people will want a quiver to carry the arrows, so who knows.