Blades421

Todays Fix Erased My Character

the hive is broken atm, they are rolling out a fix right now. your chars didnt get deleted, says rocket.

Thankyou to you for the only intelligent response with useful information.

• Like 1

Always the same, we all wanna play :D

be a bit patient and check the forums and twitter and u will  see in 1-2 hours we are all back same place and equip =)

the hive is broken atm, they are rolling out a fix right now. your chars didnt get deleted, says rocket.

yeah we know now....I guess I was just one of the very first online after the update.

Edited by Blades421

same here just clean wipe respaw fresh and next to 2 zombie quickly log out, the nice thing i saw that was raining finally we get different weather.

Was that on stable or experimental branch?

What made you think this would be any different from any of the previous updates?

There are hundreds of servers run by various companies across multiple continents connecting to the public hive. Every time an update hits they take a little while to reconnect properly.

Does it really need a thread every single time? Particularly when it's invariably answered in the dev tracker.

gotta love thses updates.....always seem to get the short end of the stick.

It'll happen often...don't get upset. It's an Alpha.

It's fun to start again.

I don't mind dying, but to be wiped without warning sucks.

Edited by Blades421

I don't mind dying, but to be wiped without warning sucks.

I agree it does. However I genuinely don't mind being a new spawn in the alpha. 

not sure if someone mentioned this but the other day the same thing happened to my character ...i tried a bunch of servers and nothing changed.. i was so pissed i turned the game off and came back hours later .. to my surprise i had my char. back... try not to loot or do anything that will make it save your new character. just log off and try it a while later. good luck

- If a server can't connect to the character database, you're not actually getting wiped.

-If you can't load your character data, the game spawns a new character on the beach.

-If you can't load your character data, join another server.

-If you still can't load your character data, it's probably a problem with a character database.

-If you disconnect, as soon as the character database comes online, you'll load you old character.

-If you don't disconnect and the character database comes online, you probably overwrite your old data.

If you logged in while the server connection to hive was down and then tried multiple servers and each time you did you got the default start message i got some bad news for you there is a good chance you have wiped your character.. the more servers you tried the bigger the chance that one of these fresh starts will over write the hive when it comes back up if ya still playing frsh character during re connect..( exactly what i did when they had first hive maintenance) they warned with this patch that the hive would be down at 12gmt for for this.

It was written at the top of this very forum... I wish you luck but be ready to loose your character hope it doesnt but like i say it happened to me and several other people i know during last maintenance....

Its not hard to restart though took me all of 2 hours to be basicly fully mil geared up (minus LRS which i havent found again in week lol although have found a pristine acog if anyone on a hardcore server wishes to swap for a worn or better LRS lol...

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

If you logged in while the server connection to hive was down and then tried multiple servers and each time you did you got the default start message i got some bad news for you there is a good chance you have wiped your character.. the more servers you tried the bigger the chance that one of these fresh starts will over write the hive when it comes back up if ya still playing frsh character during re connect..( exactly what i did when they had first hive maintenance) they warned with this patch that the hive would be down at 12gmt for for this.

It was written at the top of this very forum... I wish you luck but be ready to loose your character hope it doesnt but like i say it happened to me and several other people i know during last maintenance....

Its not hard to restart though took me all of 2 hours to be basicly fully mil geared up (minus LRS which i havent found again in week lol although have found a pristine acog if anyone on a hardcore server wishes to swap for a worn or better LRS lol...

equipment is not the problem, anyone can gear up in 45 mins... im not sure why people keep thinking that. Its more the Unknown situation and all the questions and lack of answers I had first thing this morning, but after a few hours it was resolved.

again, I don't mind starting over, I just wanted to be sure If I was going to have to or not.

equipment is not the problem, anyone can gear up in 45 mins... im not sure why people keep thinking that. Its more the Unknown situation and all the questions and lack of answers I had first thing this morning, but after a few hours it was resolved.

again, I don't mind starting over, I just wanted to be sure If I was going to have to or not.

you should be ok if you gave up trying before the hive re connected....

I do wish there was steam warning of the hive being down to stop confussion

you should be ok if you gave up trying before the hive re connected....

I do wish there was steam warning of the hive being down to stop confussion

yeah that would be awesome.

my main menu showed me as a new spawn still but after waiting a few hours and logging into a server I was back to normal :)

No.

when steam gives me a ''dayz update'' and it completes. I would assume its ready to go. is that so hard to believe?

What you fail, completely, to understand, is that things are never 100% as expected post patch, even when a game is not in alpha or beta.  So, to cry out like you have never experienced this in any game, while calling those who point out the very obvious, that unexpected things like this happen ALL the time in games, retarded.....is actually beyond hilarious and ironic.

Don't worry, once you get past puberty and mature, with age comes some realistic expectations in life (and gaming).