sQubanny

What do you think about TRUST ind DayZ ?

Well, sometimes I just want to show them, that killing everybody is not right, but yeah, it is sandbox though

So at what point did you think it was a good idea to go to Balota airfield? That place is a killzone and there is no way of covering each other properly without compromising yourself.

Also trust comes with the end of a barrel. 'nuff said.

Well, sometimes I just want to show them, that killing everybody is not right, but yeah, it is sandbox though

I think that's nice, don´t change this, I play the same, but this means not you must put yourself in a vulnerable situation.

Your team have no epi-pan, don´t come near fist etc.

First rule survive.

Im trusting... Til i get a can opener, then its KoS for all of you.. damn bean spilling

j/k

I would only trust forum goers, as if they violate my trust I have a public forum to ruin them from being trusted by anyone else forever :P

Don't trust strangers.

Trust yourself.

Trust your skills, your intuition and your decision making.

Trust can be extended to others, but in DayZ trust should only fully be extended to close and known friends. You can extend trust to strangers, if your intuition approves, but intuition isn't an exact science and you should always have a backup plan ready, in case you misjudged the stranger or the stranger simply changes his mind. 

I can afford to trust a stranger as far as my escape plan allows me to. Never let a person with raised fists, weapons get near to you and always keep one eye on the stranger and one on all other entrances, because it doesn't matter how friendly your new best friend is, if a guy with a heavy weapon and clown mask enters the backdoor. Always keep cover close, because as long as you're on the move, you're safe from melee damage, but you can't outrun a bullet and need objects to place between you and the shooter.

Trust, like security, is always an illusion and reality is always only a gunshot away.

Edited by Dallas

Helping random people is not enjoyable in anyway, only way anyones getting loot out of me is if they kill me.

Don't lower your guard until the game stops giving you reasons to keep it up.

• Like 1

if someone talks about trust i always am remembered of this cool video

You may say, noobish of us or not even smart. From 5 of us, only 2 survive the whole action. Everybody is 100h+ in this game. Just repeating the question, is it worth to help ppl? What is your opinion?

From my 180 hours of playing this beautiful game, I can tell you that trust is not exactly you want to give to anyone.

I do not trust ANYONE who I'm not skyping with or on teamspeak with.

Although I felt guilty KoS'ing two guys in Chapaesky at the school, I know they would've done the same to me had they seen me first.

Trust gets you dead.

Even when my repressed friendly personality takes the driver's seat? There is no trust to be had.
Even friendlies need to practice caution.

Edited by Rudette

Trust gets you dead.

Even when my repressed friendly personality takes the driver's seat? There is no trust to be had.

Even friendlies need to practice caution.

well in my experience of "trust" I've met loads of random people in this game, that I play with regularly now & who aren't so random., tbh the community that plays military sims are cut from a different cloth to FPSers in my experience, i've been truly amazed & stunned at some of the coordination I've experienced.  You have to remember there are people who have been playing this game for years now really..

Edited by Calibre

Well as long as i´m not fully geard up i allways try to solve an encounter in a none violent way.

(Of course i die a lot at this stage because as said most people here would simple shoot you

in the back after you spared their lifes)

But for me it is still more fun to play the game this way.

In personal i think a BIG problem is allso the fact that you find so much different outfits.

So it can happen that you encounter someone who is as peacefull as you +  has earned your trust...

But 10 minutes later you may encounter the same guy again.

Would be no problem if both players would be aware who is crossing their part.

But with the constant change of outfit it´s impossible to sort out the "friends" from all the foes.

I always enjoy playing this game, just asking about what the others say..

It's easier to trust and be trusted the lesser gear you have. I bumped into two armed guys with almost starter gear soon after I spawned in berezino and I myself had a SKS. Appears we were all friendly and we even exchanged ammo because I had their stuff, they had mine. We departed like friends. But then I just killed a guy for being too close to me in Vybor facing me and having a rifle. Otherwise it's a hit and miss encounter after getting good gear. I guess you're luckier if one of you catches the other one unprepared and holds him up.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

Don't go to Balota, never go there, it's cancer. Secondly only trust people without long range weapons.

I started playing about 2 weeks ago and while the game was downloading, I watched Rhinocrunches "HOW NOT to be a NOOB (DayZ Standalone)". That was the point where I decided I dont want to KOS.

I've met 5 people today, 2 of them were Bambis with no gear so I just said "hi" waved and walked away since I had nothing to give them. Next one was pretty geared up in the prison building on Krasnostav airfield, I decided to take the leap and called out to him, put my gun on my back, told him I dont want to shoot him and he didn't kill me, 30 seconds later we walk out and some bandit logs in inside the prison we just left, fires a couple shots at us and ruins my pants. My new friend runs off and I had to put this bandit down alone, but damn it felt good.

Later I looked for new pants in Berezino school and some well geared bandit runs inside, takes me out with a splitting axe instead of his gun and takes my fire axe and everything valuable. Minute later I get up and that pancake is still looting the school. I run up to him and he shoots me this time. When I woke up for the second time, my vision in black and white and he's outside, so I run up to him, he empties rest of his bullets somewhere around me and proceeds to fight me with my axe...
"that's what you get for shooting on sight unprovoked" were last words he heard before respawning

You see the reason why they KOS is that they are bad at the game. They can't take you out unless they have the advantage of surprise. They are so bad they dont even know you have to finish unconscious enemy off or he'll get up and kill you.

So it's up to you, are you good enough to trust people? Or are you so bad you have to KOS?

Trust is for idiots.

Ill trust you on that...

• Like 1

I have been a lone wolf since the mod. Trusting another survivor may be hard, but try trusting another bandit. As the saying goes “There is no honour among thieves."

Edited by Kaw

I have been a lone wolf since the mod. Trusting another survivor may be hard, but try trusting another bandit. As the saying goes “There is no honour among thieves."

But it's easier to rob somebody when your buddy is keeping him busy.

Trust is quite and odd thing when it comes to DayZ. There has been times where I've ran into a large group of the friendliest players, and there have been times where I've ran into groups of the most un-friendly players. It really just depends on how the situation is approached. Most definitely if you startle someone by running up to them with a gun pointed you are going to get shot. Typically if the other person doesn't say friendly first and just immediately starts taking aim at you as you are moving around, that is a good indicator that they are not friendly. 

In the mod I remember seeing some kind of statement like "every player is friendly until you put a weapon in their hand" which is true for the most part, although now players will just run up to you while you are fully geared and try to punch you.

Well its easy to trust an unarmed (or armed with an axe ;)

I never shoot those people as long as they don´t attack me.

But once you are geared up i usually will kill you because of the "fear" that if i don´t shoot first

you will shoot me.