Sign in to follow this  
emenius (DayZ)

A new map?

I searched "map" on here and nothing came up, so...

Has anyone heard anything on this??  It seems almost necessary that they create a new map for beta at least, since so many players will be tired of the same old chernarus, either from playing SA or the Mod.  I would, and I'm sure a lot of others, would work for free to do this.  I know they may support community maps later on, but a new official map would be amazing.  Even chuck the current one on release.

Has there ever been a map/terrain editor for Arma2, that we could use?

I searched "map" on here and nothing came up, so...

Has anyone heard anything on this??  It seems almost necessary that they create a new map for beta at least, since so many players will be tired of the same old chernarus, either from playing SA or the Mod.  I would, and I'm sure a lot of others, would work for free to do this.  I know they may support community maps later on, but a new official map would be amazing.  Even chuck the current one on release.

Has there ever been a map/terrain editor for Arma2, that we could use?

An SDK would be glorious. Cannot wait. I used to do level design back in the day.

They'll keep updating this map right now,and it's getting good, big maps takes time to create

thay are still working on this map, and on the game, so more maps are not important right now.

We have several tools for Arma, in which you can do everything from terrain to models and configs for what ever you want :)
The "problem" is, DayZ will most likely not support directly ported Arma "stuff", so if they want us to be able to make new maps, they are most likely gonna have to modify the existing tools, to fit DayZ.

I can however promise you, DayZ will always take place in Chernarus, but they are working on the map and they will keep working on it for a long time, to improve it as much as possible.
But dont expect a new map anytime soon mate, they spend more then 6 months re-designing Chernarus+ (as its called) for DayZ, so i doubt they will let it go easily hehe.

Cross your fingers, that we get proper modding tools and the ability to create new maps aswell, nobody knows just how "modable" the SA will be, but its almost certain it will be no way near as modable as Arma is.