Sign in to follow this  
rodolfoxiii

Airfields and military bases are dumb

It is rather obvious that the current loot system is mainly in place to test whatever new items are introduced (hence the abundance of new items after each spawn, while various items gets rarer). The current system is in no way near representative of how it is going to be.

However I don't know if it is going to be so randomised as you suggest, even though I personally think it is a good idea. It doesn't make any sense to have military loot spawn only at airfields and civilian loot only in civilian places. The loot is clearly not leftovers from civilisation but leftovers from other survivors, which is why any item could technically spawn anywhere.

F40OjY6.gif

It is rather obvious that the current loot system is mainly in place to test whatever new items are introduced (hence the abundance of new items after each spawn, while various items gets rarer). The current system is in no way near representative of how it is going to be.

However I don't know if it is going to be so randomised as you suggest, even though I personally think it is a good idea. It doesn't make any sense to have military loot spawn only at airfields and civilian loot only in civilian places. The loot is clearly not leftovers from civilisation but leftovers from other survivors, which is why any item could technically spawn anywhere.

Ah not sure you right there its just an opinion but the way the game is it feels like its very soon after the zed out break .

Not saying i am right either its just a feeling and why you ask well the sceene you face your on the beach with nothing but a torch if it was set long after the outbreak why am i on the beach starving with just a torch how did i last this long with just a torch???? ( a back ground story would help figure this out)

The world does not look decayed enough to be long after the outbreak cities still seem mostly intact wear and tear on buildings seems normal run down poor area of eastern europe rather than years after zed out break , what little signs we have of a zed outbreak seem very fresh eg the blood on walls floors etc its still a very redish blood blood doesnt stay that colour for long would be more of a brownish stain after any length of time. The fact we still find fresh fruit in houses etc etc to me it feels no more than 1 month after outbreak but thats just me.....

The loot system sucks , i'm fed up running around in an area when theres little chance of everything not having already being looted its one of the main reason i can't stand playing dayz currently

What loot system?  As far as I can tell, it's a placeholder...

They need to have more areas that are hot zones that are high risk, high reward. I do agree, however, that any loot should spawn anywhere, even if it's a tiny tiny chance.

They do need to make loot possible to spawn anywhere at some point. Currently there are houses that are pointless to search.

They need to have more areas that are hot zones that are high risk, high reward. I do agree, however, that any loot should spawn anywhere, even if it's a tiny tiny chance.

They do need to make loot possible to spawn anywhere at some point. Currently there are houses that are pointless to search.

FOR THE EMPEROR!

I've been fine on loot and weapons without the airfield. It is slower going, but you live longer so you can build it up. My only problem is water as Russians appear to raise magical crops and cows that require no nearby water source. I do realize that there are particular water sources in the towns, but I would expect at least ponds near any place where livestock or crops were clearly being raised. At least a bricked up well or something.

I thought that I had seen the most ridiculous forum threads...

i_ve_never_been_so_wrong_hobbit.jpg

I've been fine on loot and weapons without the airfield. It is slower going, but you live longer so you can build it up. My only problem is water as Russians appear to raise magical crops and cows that require no nearby water source. I do realize that there are particular water sources in the towns, but I would expect at least ponds near any place where livestock or crops were clearly being raised. At least a bricked up well or something.

???? There are heaps of spigots and ponds

???? There are heaps of spigots and ponds

Yeah, just not where I expect them. It wasn't really a complaint, more of an observation. I'm purposefully avoiding using maps right away as I explore around. I've been living on assorted sodas and have been fine. I just thought it was amusing to run up on what clearly seem to be abandoned live-stock farms, pig farms, and just plain farms, that are miles upon miles from any water source.

I've never viewed loot cycling as a big issue because Chernarus is a finite map. You're always rotating between different spots and loot cycling to a certain degree.

I agree with OP that the overall dynamic of the game being linked with server restarts isn't good. 

The loot system sucks , i'm fed up running around in an area when theres little chance of everything not having already being looted its one of the main reason i can't stand playing dayz currently

Stop running around on the coast. Even if we join full Servers where say cherno/elektro are fucking empty we ALLWAYS find everything we need in the 3 appartment complexes above the City. Almost every town behind berezino contains something that helps you survive. Go Inland...

• Like 1

Never found M4's anywhere other than military bases, airfields or Riffy.  Always the bloody shotgun in the piano house for me! :(

The American schools in DayZ have lots of guns

You know game in progres, I can find military loot everywhere, including cities. The only fact is that it is more likely to find it in military bases or airfields. And that is quite logic, because if you want to make contact with ppl, you go here!

One way to fix the loot tables would be to give every item generated a 1-in-10 chance of re-rolling on a different (entirely random) loot table.

This would make every lootable building a potential spawn point for any item, without unbalancing the overall civilian / military loot ratio.

For whatever reason (performance, balance, bugs) many hourses don't spawn the items they are supposed to. The dayzdb map is based directly on game files, and it shows many spawn locations that are always empty in the game. According to it, the M4 should spawn in a couple of the small houses as well as one of the sheds, for instance.

Once every building has a chance of spawning its loot, there should be a much better distribution.

if you want to look fully army or "TsKo" you will go to airfields but still you can get all weapons and other items + clothes in all cities and villages all around the map. And also use advantage if you know when server will restart set up some good position and camp others (hoppers or fresh looters :D)

Stop running around on the coast. Even if we join full Servers where say cherno/elektro are fucking empty we ALLWAYS find everything we need in the 3 appartment complexes above the City. Almost every town behind berezino contains something that helps you survive. Go Inland...

Pretty much this. Before getting dayz I was reading a lot and what I figured out is NEVER to go to balota, cherno or elektro. And I never did. If I ever need to head there, chapaev and dubki have EVERYTHING I need and they're frikin ghost towns.

that's because there is no "loot system" at the moment

Everybody knows that the best items spawn in airfields and military bases.

Everybody knows that most servers resets every 4 hours.

Yes, we have spent considerable time, energy and money making sure that everyone knows this. It is the official story and we're sticking to it. There is no reason whatsoever for any player at anytime to deviate from the standard: Spawn; Run to the nearest Military site; Loot site; Run back the Cherno or Elektro and go bang bang. No reason whatsoever to deviate from this plan of action! None! Nada! Zilch! Zero!

Remember, nothing at all spawns anywhere else on the map! It is all hostile barren wilderness, inhabited by wild Zombies and rabbits that think they're Zombies. You don't want to be there. The trees will eat you! The grass isn't smokeable! Did I mention the Zombies and rabbits and absolutely no loot!

You can take my word for it, I wouldn't lie to you!

PS: There is no reason for anyone to be seen anywhere near Novi or Stary Sobor at any time! Just saying...

Edited by DJPorterNZ

Last night found like 3 sks, 2 m4 and a mosin. 2sks in an industial, 1 in school, one m4 in each of 2 schools, and the mosin on another school roof after the server restarted. But i hate finding these type of guns in civy areas. For me the only gun we have ingame that should spawn at civy so far is the shotty. The rest should all make us take the risk of a trip to the airfields/mill bases to get one.

Now i agree with OP about the server restart rush.....this was a problem in the mod aswell with crash sites. They solved it there by making them spawn in randomly over time. But with the SA i aint worried because they plan on loot respawning, its been a confirmed feature for months.....a lil patience :)

You find your m4 in a house because someone just dropped it there to swap for a mosin that spawned there probably.