Sign in to follow this  
blissfulkunt

New Gun B95

I love it, this game certainly need more guns, without 60 round magazines.

@ctorchia Double rifle. But please allow it to be a combined shutgun/rifle. weapons mod = 2nd rifle inlay for upper barrel. Please consider!

@FARGlN I wanted that but alas, it could not be done right without support from programmers and they have bigger fish to fry...

By the way - you can fire both barrels at the same time on the double rifle (press T to switch to beast mode). #dayz

I haven't looked up the actual size of the weapon but damn that looks tiny.

Double rifles do, because they don't need the space for the bolt.

Edit: To expand, where in a bolt action or semiauto, the bolt goes back to eject and load new rounds, in a break action this is done manually by opening the gun. So the chamber can begin where the bolt would in the others.

Edited by Jack Dant

I would so suggest watching to 3 mins 47 in as god it's just really damn funny.

AK47 > Ham Sandwiches.

That B95 looks f****** prurrty ... add the cowboy hat and a leather jacket and you will look like the damn man.

• Like 1

Currently it is less accurate than the Mosin and slightly more accurate than the SKS.

In reality, this is a much more accurate rifle than your average Mosin - just as you'd expect, given its multi-thousand dollar price tag... I would not be pleased to pay big bucks for a rifle that shoots like than your average Mosin does. So it should be much more accurate.

This is a €5,000 rifle ($7,000 USD), accordingly, I wouldn't expect it to be found everywhere, I would expect it to be very rare. The only kind of people who buy these rifles are people who can afford and appreciate a finely crafted $7,000 hunting rifle.

The two barrels I expect are treated as one in-game and as such regulation and divergence is not an issue.

Great analysis. I don't know how accurate mosins are in reality, but any double gun should be more innaccurate than a normal bolt action.

The kind of people who buy these rifles are not worried about accuracy.  They want style and a quick, reliable second shot for either drive hunting (running animals pushed towards a stationary hunter) or dangerous game, both at short range.

The blaser does have the regulating system, but it's hard to get it right, and very sensitive to small changes in ammo loading. Given we are scavenging ammo, I think reduced accuracy is a reasonable compromise.

If they make it rare like it should be then the properties should be better than a mosin ... realism and all that ... but if they make them too common for now I'd be fine with it being unrealistic until they change spawn amounts.

Yes damage wise, however we already have the SKS for that purpose, although I have no idea how it matches up to the Garand except for having 2 more rounds. But it is all relative to play style as well. A person who sprays and prays (and there are many many of them) will be pretty useless with say an SKS or a Garand. Only those who actually make their shots count will be effective with said rifles. It also depends on the role. You can't sustain suppressive fire as effectively with an SKS or a Garand as you can with an M4.

the Garand is more accurate and 30-06 is vastly superior to 7.62x39 it shoots a heavier projectile, faster and flatter.

• Like 1

Can you elaborate on that please ? Thank you !!

What is there to elaborate??

He has basically said the m4 requires more maintenance then the ak-47, are you disputing that??

• Like 1

Details in-game:

Currently it is less accurate than the Mosin and slightly more accurate than the SKS.

In reality, this is a much more accurate rifle than your average Mosin - just as you'd expect, given its multi-thousand dollar price tag... I would not be pleased to pay big bucks for a rifle that shoots like than your average Mosin does. So it should be much more accurate.

This is a €5,000 rifle ($7,000 USD), accordingly, I wouldn't expect it to be found everywhere, I would expect it to be very rare. The only kind of people who buy these rifles are people who can afford and appreciate a finely crafted $7,000 hunting rifle.

The two barrels I expect are treated as one in-game and as such regulation and divergence is not an issue.

That $7k "hunting rifle" (It's a survival gun) has about $6000 worth of engraving done to it, and about $500 worth of wood put on it. So it's stats seem about spot on in terms of accuracy. 

Now that's not to say that it isn't reliable. That is a breach action gun. It's going to make a Mosin look like an M-16 in terms of reliability. (Hope this gun has a higher durability rating than other guns to reflect this.)

Edited by Bulk

Is it on stable ? Anyone knows ? 

I found some 7.62 snap loaders for what its worth, No gun yet tho.

That $7k "hunting rifle" (It's a survival gun) has about $6000 worth of engraving done to it, and about $500 worth of wood put on it. So it's stats seem about spot on in terms of accuracy. 

Now that's not to say that it isn't reliable. That is a breach action gun. It's going to make a Mosin look like an M-16 in terms of reliability. (Hope this gun has a higher durability rating than other guns to reflect this.)

The B95 is NOT a survival gun.

It is a remake of a  classic European/Africa hunting gun.

Here educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun

Edited by Franchi

Is it on stable ? Anyone knows ? 

Yes I found one earlier but was already packed to the brim with weapons I was taking to my buddy so I left it. It was on the giant shipwreck.

I repeat. Yes, it is in stable branch.

Any more tests made??? TEST IITTT, any scopes can attach , bipods? i assume not but wth, no1 even knew this gun was in.

i found the b95 in experimental branch and tested it pretty thouroughly.

7.62 ammo, two rounds chambered and fired semi auto before manual/snap loader reload.

does mosin/7.62 damage, basically a one-shotter.

zeroes from 50m to 300m.

no attachments.

very accurate in close/medium range.

looks very cool with my cowboy hat and school bag backpack.

the Garand is more accurate and 30-06 is vastly superior to 7.62x39 it shoots a heavier projectile, faster and flatter.

The Garand's key flaw: The "HEY I'M OUT OF AMMO RIGHT NOW" sound. Also, the whole En Bloc clip system would be an issue if you ever lost said clip. (They're not exactly plentiful nowadays)

I may be wrong, but without a clip the weapon can't be fired, no?

The Garand's key flaw: The "HEY I'M OUT OF AMMO RIGHT NOW" sound. Also, the whole En Bloc clip system would be an issue if you ever lost said clip. (They're not exactly plentiful nowadays)

I may be wrong, but without a clip the weapon can't be fired, no?

Yes it can fire without a clip, but that is single load and shoot only, like a semi automatic magazine fed gun with no magazine. It is a bit of an odity in this regard, most weapons that load from clips don't retain the clip like the Garand does. Oswald's gun used a similar magazine design, that caused some of the inconsistency in police reports that have since been used as "proof" of a conspiracy by the uninformed.

The "hey I am out of ammo sound" can be turned against a learned foe. Fire the Garand once, throw an empty clip at a rock (makes the same noise) other guy charges and catches 7 rounds in the chest, besides the M1 is faster to re load than most weapons with a magazine.

Its biggest flaw was its weight and size, its a big heavy gun.

Edited by Franchi

On survival conditions i would take a russian design over everything else. Why? Because they have been designed to work in crappy conditions. There is a reason why AK-47 is good. It's the design that pretty much allows it to function while being abused by the user and the elements. A lot of "modern" guns simply jam when they get a dust particle on them.

yepp! you can't state this fact often enough. AKs work in every possible environment (sure they can into space, too) They might be outclassed by modern ARs in every possbile way...considering reliability and maintenance they are hard to beat.

Just look at the trouble German soldiers have with the G36 in Afghanistan, while poor Talibs pre-1980 AK still works like a charm.

remember it's a post-apocalyptic setting in a post-Soviet state. Grab the AK!

Edited by Leviathan-LoneWolf

No. Just no.

The Blaser B95 and B97 are accurate rifles.

h5uz293.jpg

qlQmL0h.jpg?1

NdiFBEx.jpg?1