rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

• Gestures: Thumbs Up gesture added with default F7 key binding

thumbs-up.jpg

• Like 1

Im waiting to find my Cowboy hat and revolver. Then I'll get a Flannel and my jeans, and find a little boy and name him Carl. Then, just then, will I give him my hat. Then to mix things up I'll kill Carl and take my hat back :3 I'll love my hat xD

I don't want to be too spamfull (sorry mods), but this is being discussed on several threads, and I'm anxious to see if it helps anyone else.

I have 8G ram and I had issues similar to what's going on now when I tried to use -maxMem=8192 in my start string prior to these patches, but as of 0.33.114926 I was able to use 8192.

Previously I had to set it to -maxMem=4096 or I'd get a similar experience to what I am now.

So I tried setting it back to 4096 in the start string and I'm back to decent performance.

Might be worth trying if you've altered your start string.

If youre reffering to what I spoke about earlier I might try that, we have same amount of RAM memory and also had those launch options set for faster loading and memory 8192, but since 0.34 my fps decided to die.

Not sure if you know this yet, but a bunch of players are still stuck in the permadeath loop.

One slight change; they have a respawn button. This allows them to wait the 30 seconds before spawning before seeing "You are dead" again. 

Although not happening to me, others seem to be spawning in the middle of the ocean.

Will post in bugs as well.

Anyone else having severe fps drops that are new to this last update?

No matter what settings I have it to, I get 5 to 17 fps.

I even put it on the lowest possible which normally gives me 40 to 60 fps

But no matter what I do it basically unplayable for me :(

I am forced to wait for another update which is really shitty since I've been playing daily and wasn't planning on stopping.

Same here. I play with everything set to Very High and have had no FPS issues until this new patch where it has gone exactly as you explained. I am VERY picky with the games I play (I get bored VERY easily lol) and DayZ SA is my current game of choice since purchasing it a couple of weeks ago so I hope this is fixed soon as it's currently unplayable for me.

Edited by TremFury

I have a idea to make logging out safer for players. (Not sure if its good or not)

If i sit down in game (F1 i think) and wait for 30sec and then press log out my character will disappear immediately, so we could make sure we logged out without problems or we can cancel it if its needed.

I don't want to be too spamfull (sorry mods), but this is being discussed on several threads, and I'm anxious to see if it helps anyone else.

I have 8G ram and I had issues similar to what's going on now when I tried to use -maxMem=8192 in my start string prior to these patches, but as of 0.33.114926 I was able to use 8192.

Previously I had to set it to -maxMem=4096 or I'd get a similar experience to what I am now.

So I tried setting it back to 4096 in the start string and I'm back to decent performance.

Might be worth trying if you've altered your start string.

If youre reffering to what I spoke about earlier I might try that, we have same amount of RAM memory and also had those launch options set for faster loading and memory 8192, but since 0.34 my fps decided to die.

I went really well for a bit.

Explored part of a town, ran up a hill, and it started freezing for a few seconds at a time about every 15 seconds or so, and the duration of the freezing seemed to start getting longer. So I found a bush and logged.

I went really well for a bit.

Explored part of a town, ran up a hill, and it started freezing for a few seconds at a time about every 15 seconds or so, and the duration of the freezing seemed to start getting longer. So I found a bush and logged.

I am currently running accross a hill in trees between Elektro and Cherno and have had this to the point the game freezes. Go into Task Manager and look at the memory usage for DayZ - mine kept going up and up until I restarted my pc (I was unable to see my mouse cursor to end the process).

It is not hacking, I've discovered the glitch and it can be done on any building or wall.  The problem arises when people do it in a building where a portion of the rooms are inaccessible, you can glitch into those rooms and walk around yet the walls are invisible from the inside.  I believe there is already a feedback ticket for a very similar issue.

That's not what i'm talking about, but sort of what i'm referring to. The person was doing what you stated except going through each building connecting to each other and then popping up out of the wall of wherever someone was in order to kill that person.

Me and my friend both have maxmem=40 whatever it is for 4 gig set (even though we have more) I run medium he runs very high, my fps is 27-35 towns 40-50 open area his is 5-10 more than mine. We both had no problems for the 2 hours we played tonight (btw the fps for me is increased this patch) . Id suggest trying different launch parameters. Also on a sidenote the winxp command crashes my client on windows 7 so I don't use it, anyone else who runs on 7 have same issue? Im not complaining mind as game runs fine, just curious

In the silence!

I have one too

Boobs are like video games, there made for kids but adults love to play with them.

• Like 1

I have one too

Boobs are like video games, there made for kids but adults love to play with them.

Who told you that video games are for kids!? DayZ the game is not for children.

Edited by B.a.r.r.e.t

Who told you that video games are for kids!? DayZ the game is not for children.

Who forgot to give you a sense of humour?

Who forgot to give you a sense of humour?

How do you show a sense of humor here..?

Updated again with fix:

• Inventory: Loot would stay on dead character after it is picked up, causing teleporting loot and general chaos

Verifying fix and then will deploy internal for testing. ETA approx 2 hours to stable.

Hi RocKet! it's like climbing Everest: D

I am still broken. Sorry but I cannot log into the servers. I get a "your dead" notice then when I respawn I get the "your dead" again. Please try to fix this so I can get back into the game. PLEASE!!

I am still broken. Sorry but I cannot log into the servers. I get a "your dead" notice then when I respawn I get the "your dead" again. Please try to fix this so I can get back into the game. PLEASE!!

You need to go there: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170999-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9-%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BF/

Im just checking is my dayz broke or is any one else's lagging to crap.I cant even play

maybe your pc is too bad ? for me everything runs smooth and perfect :) im so happy when the respawnable zombies and loot will be there because than so many players will unable to play the game and then i think 95 percent of all kiddys will be gone :)

So, all day yesterday I was unable to play due to the increasing lag that finally caused the game to crash.

Tried today, same thing.

Then I tried a second time today and check my inventory for any weird or missing textures, and sure enough I found 

my black MP hand guard was missing textures and looked off.

I removed it and everything was fine after that.

I later found a green MP butt stock and I inspected it and it was fine.

Played for awhile before switching servers and when I got in the other server I noticed my MP butt stock is flickering.

So I inspected it and it was definitely screwed up and I was starting to loose frames by the sec.

Dropped that MP butt stock and like magic the farther I got from it the better my fps got.

SO it has to be some kind of item glitch?

I just don't know, because I've read that people still experience this with a fresh spawn, and with no attachments or items that have issues with there textures.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Well i no its not my computer as i have played dayz for over 100 hours and i have had no lag also i can run battlefield on medium settings