Sign in to follow this  
Baklavah

Weapon spawns lowered, ammo still massively abundant...

Allow me to expand on this for you. KoS CoD Kiddies, or KCKs for short, do not kill for supplies or what have you. See this is the thing. If I get KoSed because I have a mountain backpack and they assumed I might have supplies for their group, fine. But these jerkoffs just KoS and leave the body there. Their excuse is that they're "bored" because there's nothing to do. NEWS FLASH! THERE NEVER WILL BE ANYTHING TO DO! IT'S A SURVIVAL GAME! NOT CALL OF DUTY OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT! So yes, they piss the entire community off. There's necessity, and then there's just being an asshole. And that's what they do.

If I get killed because I have supplies and then I get looted, that is one thing. If I get robbed, but survive, I don't even care. At least I survived. And they may only take what they need. But KoS CoD Kiddies have no F@#$ing excuse! And if one of them tried to justify this to me face-to-face, I'd probably break his god damn nose. They are as useless as hackers. Scumbags, the lot of them.

Is that enough of an explanation? Or do I have to draw anyone a picture?

OH poor you, would you like a lollipop ? What flavour ? Strawberry or Suck it up ?

KoS is the part of this game, there will always be man like me, who just want to shoot you for our amusement and your frustration. There is nothing that can be done about that. If you kill me while I'm sniping on a beach, I will just gear up again and come back kill more, rinse and repeat.

This game is about surviving and that includes avoiding murderers. There is no law to protect you and if I see you in my scope I will shoot you, and the fact that this annoy will just make it more fun for me.

well i got shovel´d by two douches at the beach......over and over again(somehow i didnt get a diffrent spwan location)

thats not even a challenge....thats pure frustration

If they are coming at you with a shovel, you have a chance, so certainly challenging. If they are shooting you, no. And I agree there should be some changes to mechanics to help on that. But on going into big towns, do you really want no player threat at all? Maybe get robbed, but not chance that some psycho is going to try to shoot you dead? Do you want to know that every player you meet is going to be warm and fuzzy?

Today I had a baseball bat and I was attacked by a guy with a splitting axe, he though he had an advantage, 20 seconds later I was enjoying my new splitting axe.  >:(

Make guns easy to find. Make ammo hard to find. Make it so players can get armed pretty quickly so they can be a threat to bandits and COD kiddies. When a shootout breaks out, survivalists will be careful with thier shots. This way it will come down to skill and who got spotted first. Thats my opinion.

OH poor you, would you like a lollipop ? What flavour ? Strawberry or Suck it up ?

KoS is the part of this game, there will always be man like me, who just want to shoot you for our amusement and your frustration. There is nothing that can be done about that. If you kill me while I'm sniping on a beach, I will just gear up again and come back kill more, rinse and repeat.

This game is about surviving and that includes avoiding murderers. There is no law to protect you and if I see you in my scope I will shoot you, and the fact that this annoy will just make it more fun for me.

a ) You're clearly an asshole.

b ) It's a wonder you'd have any friends.

c ) I don't like your fucking attitude kiddo.

d ) Once things are properly implemented, people like YOU will have a harder time sniping from your comfortable place because Pristine LRS spawns will be NIL!

Edited by Baklavah

d ) Once things are properly implemented, people like YOU will have a harder time sniping from your comfortable place because Pristine LRS spawns will be NIL!

a ) I am

b ) Maybe they are assholes too 

c ) I'm not a kiddo, also deal with it

d ) It's not like pristine LRS are common now. But I'm dedicated, because getting all my sniping gear and shooting people like is totally worth the effort. 

Edited by General Zod

a ) I am

b ) Maybe they are assholes too 

c ) I'm not a kiddo, also deal with it

d ) It's not like pristine LRS are common now. But I'm dedicated, because getting all my sniping gear and shooting people like is totally worth the effort. 

Dedicated to WHAT?! There will NEVER BE any objectives in this type of game! This is what you jerks seem to lack an understanding of! What exactly is the point of being an asshole like this? Hmm? Because you like to troll? Go @#$%ing play Halo then. That's more your speed.

Dedicated to WHAT?! There will NEVER BE any objectives in this type of game! This is what you jerks seem to lack an understanding of! What exactly is the point of being an asshole like this? Hmm? Because you like to troll? Go @#$%ing play Halo then. That's more your speed.

Dedicated to kill people, to make them miserable, to finding new sniping gear each time I die. 

And sincere fuck you 

You don't get to tell me how to play this game. If I want to kill and troll and will kill and troll. Pissing you off will just make me want to that even more. 

Point of being an asshole is it's fun for me. Go play offline if you don't want to deal with people who kill for fun.

Dedicated to kill people, to make them miserable, to finding new sniping gear each time I die. 

And sincere fuck you 

You don't get to tell me how to play this game. If I want to kill and troll and will kill and troll. Pissing you off will just make me want to that even more. 

Point of being an asshole is it's fun for me. Go play offline if you don't want to deal with people who kill for fun.

Hello there

Your both heading towards warning points. I dont care "who started it" you dont insult eachother.

Its a sandbox game, there are NO rules as to how the game is supposed to be played.

Rgds

LoK

I completely agree and here is why:

1.)

It's only logical.

This is the zombie apocalypse and the fact that the humans pretty much lost the fight, despite the amount of military in the area, means that there had to be incredibly many zombies. In a situation like this, military forces would fight until the very end, using every bullet they could find. Once they were out of ammo, they probably had to run for their lives, so they would've thrown away their now useless guns to escape, which is why a certain amout of guns should be found aound military areas. The remaining ammo would've been used by civilians . Ammo means survival and safety, even if you don't have a gun, you can still use bullets to make traps or improvise something that could fire single rounds with some effort.

2.) 

It would improve the gaming community. You were talking bout "CoD Kiddies" simply killing for fun or out of boredom, who make the game worse for the more serious players. Now if you need to spend dozens of hours just to find a single bullet, this would stop. People like these simply lack the endurance and dedication  needed to spend their gametime like this. 

3.)

Player interaction would become more friendly.

I respect the KOS mentality, but so far, there is no downside to it. With little to no ammo, people must consider needing the few shots they have in a really dangerous situation, with bullets being the most valuable items, shooting others for their equippment only makes sense, if you need less ammo than you'll find. 

4.)

Fights would become even more intense.

Imagine you only have a revolver with 2 shots and an axe/machete and yyou see another player with a gun. You have to be very careful and very precise, or you'll lose your most precious items for nothing. Also, melee fights would become more common and seeing a player with an axe enter the building would actually scare people, intead of just making them pull out their M4 and turn the guy into swiss cheese.

In my opinion, the amount of ammo needs to be lowered to about 0.1% to 1% of its current value to be realistic and good for the overall quality of the game. In the end it's a SURVIVAL game, not a civil-war-simulator. Together with more zombies, tents and improvised weapons, which are confirmed and will be added later, this could turn dayz into one of the greatest game experiences of all times. If you've seen/read  "the road" ; I imagine a world like this, just with zombies and better weather!

Edited by MrBecause
  • Like 1

In my opinion, the amount of ammo needs to be lowered to about 0.1% to 1% of its current value to be realistic and good for the overall quality of the game. In the end it's a SURVIVAL game, not a civil-war-simulator. Together with more zombies, tents and improvised weapons, which are confirmed and will be added later, this could turn dayz into one of the greatest game experiences of all times. If you've seen/read  "the road" ; I imagine a world like this, just with zombies and better weather!

No, that's an overkill when they add lots of zeds and 150 people servers, with ammo that rare 99,9% players will have zero bullets. So amount of ammo will be hard to balance until we have larger servers. 

That being said, M4 ammo is so abundant cutting it by 50% will be at very least a start. 

Edited by General Zod

No, that's an overkill when they add lots of zeds and 150 people servers, with ammo that rare 99,9% players will have zero bullets. So amount of ammo will be hard to balance until we have larger servers. 

That being said, M4 ammo is so abundant cutting it by 50% will be at very least a start. 

Shut up Zod. You're just scared that you won't be able to sit there and snipe from whatever area you like. I hope this happens, so that morons like you get put in your place. Oh... and before you retort about how "being a douchebag" is a legit way to play a SURVIVAL game, perhaps you should check out the definition of SURVIVAL. MrBecause is well within the right here, and you're proving his point. If they kill your reason for existing in DayZ, all the better in pretty much EVERYONE'S opinion. If you want to cause misery, leave the confines of your house. I'm pretty sure that'll cause more than enough misery.

I completely agree and here is why:

1.)

It's only logical.

This is the zombie apocalypse and the fact that the humans pretty much lost the fight, despite the amount of military in the area, means that there had to be incredibly many zombies. In a situation like this, military forces would fight until the very end, using every bullet they could find. Once they were out of ammo, they probably had to run for their lives, so they would've thrown away their now useless guns to escape, which is why a certain amout of guns should be found aound military areas. The remaining ammo would've been used by civilians . Ammo means survival and safety, even if you don't have a gun, you can still use bullets to make traps or improvise something that could fire single rounds with some effort.

2.) 

It would improve the gaming community. You were talking bout "CoD Kiddies" simply killing for fun or out of boredom, who make the game worse for the more serious players. Now if you need to spend dozens of hours just to find a single bullet, this would stop. People like these simply lack the endurance and dedication  needed to spend their gametime like this. 

3.)

Player interaction would become more friendly.

I respect the KOS mentality, but so far, there is no downside to it. With little to no ammo, people must consider needing the few shots they have in a really dangerous situation, with bullets being the most valuable items, shooting others for their equippment only makes sense, if you need less ammo than you'll find. 

4.)

Fights would become even more intense.

Imagine you only have a revolver with 2 shots and an axe/machete and yyou see another player with a gun. You have to be very careful and very precise, or you'll lose your most precious items for nothing. Also, melee fights would become more common and seeing a player with an axe enter the building would actually scare people, intead of just making them pull out their M4 and turn the guy into swiss cheese.

Good on you MrBecause! You've got my vote for your suggestions!

Shut up Zod. You're just scared that you won't be able to sit there and snipe from whatever area you like. I hope this happens, so that morons like you get put in your place. Oh... and before you retort about how "being a douchebag" is a legit way to play a SURVIVAL game, perhaps you should check out the definition of SURVIVAL. MrBecause is well within the right here, and you're proving his point. If they kill your reason for existing in DayZ, all the better in pretty much EVERYONE'S opinion. If you want to cause misery, leave the confines of your house. I'm pretty sure that'll cause more than enough misery.

Oh my your so mean to me, what am I going to do ?

I'm sure they will reduce amount of ammo later on, maybe even significantly, but they will not reduce it to 1% of what it's now. Not when we will have 150 people servers, you know why ? Because this forums will be flooded with posts that it's impossible to find any ammo at all. They will also add a lot of zombies which will be attracted to my gun shots. But guess what, gear scarcity and more zeds will just make it more exciting for me, because people will value their gear even more, thus killing people like you will make them even angrier. 

As for you still bitching about me killing others, read orloks post

Than read it again, and again, keep on reeding until you understand that I can choose whatever play style I want and I will not face any consequences for doing so.  

Truth is if this game had means to identify people I would devote all my in game time to kill you time and time again, until you either give up this game or man up and accept the reality of survival, which is : Someone might kill for no good reason. 

Also it's

GENERAL ZOD

Edited by General Zod

Allow me to expand on this for you. KoS CoD Kiddies, or KCKs for short, do not kill for supplies or what have you. See this is the thing. If I get KoSed because I have a mountain backpack and they assumed I might have supplies for their group, fine. But these jerkoffs just KoS and leave the body there. Their excuse is that they're "bored" because there's nothing to do. NEWS FLASH! THERE NEVER WILL BE ANYTHING TO DO! IT'S A SURVIVAL GAME! NOT CALL OF DUTY OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT! So yes, they piss the entire community off. There's necessity, and then there's just being an asshole. And that's what they do.

If I get killed because I have supplies and then I get looted, that is one thing. If I get robbed, but survive, I don't even care. At least I survived. And they may only take what they need. But KoS CoD Kiddies have no F@#$ing excuse! And if one of them tried to justify this to me face-to-face, I'd probably break his god damn nose. They are as useless as hackers. Scumbags, the lot of them.

Is that enough of an explanation? Or do I have to draw anyone a picture?

In a Real World survival situation I think one MAIN danger would be jerkoffs and scumbags

Also, you're dealing with 1.4 million players, there's no way you - or I, or anyone - can tell 1.4 million people to "be reasonable". That's why being president of a country is such a shit job, hehe. I would'nt do it.

You just have to figure out ways to survive, if you want to Survive.

xx pilgrim

Once improvised weapons are introduced things will change.

Eventually bullets along with firearms will be "extremely rare" according to Dean.

Don't worry guys, the SA has only been out for like 2 months.

These things take time, but we will see them eventually.

• Like 1

I'm sure they will reduce amount of ammo later on, maybe even significantly, but they will not reduce it to 1% of what it's now. Not when we will have 150 people servers, you know why ? Because this forums will be flooded with posts that it's impossible to find any ammo at all. They will also add a lot of zombies which will be attracted to my gun shots. But guess what, gear scarcity and more zeds will just make it more exciting for me, because people will value their gear even more, thus killing people like you will make them even angrier. 

Than read it again, and again, keep on reeding until you understand that I can choose whatever play style I want and I will not face any consequences for doing so.  

Truth is if this game had means to identify people I would devote all my in game time to kill you time and time again, until you either give up this game or man up and accept the reality of survival, which is : Someone might kill for no good reason. 

Also it's

GENERAL ZOD

lol..You're not important enough for ANYONE to even bother referring to you as "General" Zod. Go back to your trolling corner.

Also it's

GENERAL ZOD

Also... scuse me while I just point this out. Killing us with your bad shooting ruins the "gear" you might try to collect. Also, "You would devote all your in game time to kill me"? Thanks for letting us know that you're a closet psychopath. Go see a shrink. I hear they have things to say to you people.

Edited by Baklavah

Once improvised weapons are introduced things will change.

Eventually bullets along with firearms will be "extremely rare" according to Dean.

Don't worry guys, the SA has only been out for like 2 months.

These things take time, but we will see them eventually.

I just hope that players don't also become scarce. I'm interested in the vision and will take the ride, even this direction (though I'm starting to think the things that seemed really fun about the mod were just things he couldn't find a way to take out, like the Arma part). I won't lie though, if the game is all just melee, considering it is an FPS format, I doubt it will hold much appeal to me. Melee in an FPS format is not skill or strategy, it is just button mashing and glitchy spinning.

lol..You're not important enough for ANYONE to even bother referring to you as "General" Zod. Go back to your trolling corner.

Also... scuse me while I just point this out. Killing us with your bad shooting ruins the "gear" you might try to collect. Also, "You would devote all your in game time to kill me"? Thanks for letting us know that you're a closet psychopath. Go see a shrink. I hear they have things to say to you people.

Smack talking won't change anything, I'm not trolling, this is the play style I chosen for myself at least for time being. You can whine and insult all you want. And If you have a problem this serious with people who kill in this game you shouldn't play it. 

Smack talking won't change anything, I'm not trolling, this is the play style I chosen for myself at least for time being. You can whine and insult all you want. And If you have a problem this serious with people who kill in this game you shouldn't play it. 

*sigh* so narrow-minded. You just don't get it, do you? I've stated this MANY times, but clearly you only read what you want to read. I don't have a problem with killing in the game. I expect to be killed in firefights over resources. I expect to get held up and have my bag pillaged so that a group might have enough food/water/meds to keep their survivors going. I expect to get killed because of the backpack I have. And I don't care, because that's an expected part of the game. What I have an issue with, is stupid KoS CoD Kiddies like you, who have an arrogant attitude, think they're better than everyone else, and have the balls to play a survival game with the sole intention of ruining the game for others.

You paid 30$ for a game so that you could go around pissing everyone off? Seriously? That's sad, pathetic and just plain stupid. You're a troll. No one likes trolls. Hell, half the time trolls don't even like themselves. And odds are that's why the act the way they act. So yeah. I have a problem with people like you. Your kind spits on those who get a game to enjoy the experiences that they have to offer. Survival games aren't meant for your type. That is VERY plain to see. Sadly, there's no reasoning with people like you. You think you're in the right. Whatever floats your boat. Your delusions are your own. We're not in the short story "The Most Dangerous Game". You might like to think you're cool. Truth is you're just an annoying, attention seeking, self-centred jerk.

Thanks for making people like me thankful we didn't grow up to be like you.

Thank you for that analysis of my personality, hell if I went to see a shrink he'd charge me £150-200 for this, but you did it for free. 

You also read what you want, this is a sandbox game and people are free to choose their play style and if someone chooses to be a murderer it's their own choice. And while I am largely self centred, by no means I am an attention seeker, I do what I like and I don't give a fuck if someone approves of that, let alone some random guy on a forums. 

So stop judging me, you self righteous prick. I have had my fill with your pointless whining, I will play the way I want and if you don't like that all you can do is deal with it. 

yeah I have 200~ rounds for my SKS and 80 rounds for my .45

could use a little tune down.

I found 60 rounds for SKS in one barracks in balota.