Macdeth

why good samiritans irritate me

Is the OP the first anti-care bear care bear? The only thing I can figure is that he is some kind of Ayn Rand devotee who operates under the false assumption that every human action is motivated solely by self-interest. Are there lots of assholes that think and operate that way? Absolutely (the OP seems to be a prime example). However, there are many others that feel a deep sense of collective responsibility and try to selflessly help others to the best of their ability because they sincerely believe it is the right thing to do. Some of those may be acting because of an anticipated reward (heaven, karma, esteem of others) but many neither seek or expect anything for their helpful actions.

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

I help people on the coast, for example today I helped two fully geared guys understand that running in the open close to "douchebag rocks" between electro and kamyshovo is a piss poor idea. 

Long story short once they both walked next to a sign that I know is 300 meter away I set my scope and killed them both before they even realized they are dying. 

Than I killed a guy with a shotgun who was terrorizing bambies and after that I helped 3 bambies learn that when a two fully geared corpses are lying on a middle of the road, something is wrong and maybe it's a trap. 

It was a good day. 

Is the OP the first anti-care bear care bear? The only thing I can figure is that he is some kind of Ayn Rand devotee who operates under the false assumption that every human action is motivated solely by self-interest. Are there lots of assholes that think and operate that way? Absolutely (the OP seems to be a prime example). However, there are many others that feel a deep sense of collective responsibility and try to selflessly help others to the best of their ability because they sincerely believe it is the right thing to do. Some of those may be acting because of an anticipated reward (heaven, karma, esteem of others) but many neither seek or expect anything for their helpful actions.

As an Ayn Rand fan, I disagree with your simile, but the rest of your post is pretty spot on.

you know the type, get themselves all geared up then head straight back to the coast to offer assistance to all the helpless bambis out there. Christ they make me want to vomit.

first of all anyone who just spawned on the coast is extremely likely to be very pissed off about dying and losing all their gear, probably at the hands of another player only a few minutes previously.

Secondly, there is a very high chance that this helpless bambi is an accomplished KoS player who would try and kill you with a gun, an axe, a kitchen knife or indeed a pair of fists no matter when and where you happen to meet.

There is something very odd about players who go to the coast specifically to 'help' fresh spawns.

Don't get me wrong, I love genuine and spontaneous acts of human kindness, I myself have occasionally derived a real sense of well being after some chance meeting, a little time spent getting acquainted and establishing that neither one of us is an incurable asshole, it's a real pleasure to share some supplies under such circumstances, a rare and pleasant experience indeed.

But actually focusing on seeking that out? making 'heading to the coast to help bambis' your primary aim is just fucking weird, there is something very patronising and arrogant and selfish about those players and when help is forced down my throat, I gotta tell you truth, I often repay it with an act of extreme violence.

Stop inflicting your strange need to feel appreciated on otherwise quite content gamers who are busily embarking upon, what for most, is the best part of the game. Gearing up and negotiating the wall of bandits that await in the tree lines and the city scapes ahead, leave them alone and for gods sake stay away from the coast unless you are actively seeking pvp encounters.

Kinda reminds me of certain white people who feel it's their "duty" to go out of their way to help "minorities", as if they were offering a solution that only they could give and should deserve some sort of special recognition as a hero or something. It's fucked, wrong, patronizing, offensive and counterproductive, but that's your everyday liberal at work. Hey, I think I figured out this shit. I might make a poll, apologies in advance for bringing politics into this game, I fucking hate politics.....

• Like 2

Stopped reading after Page 4. of this thread.. Here's all I will say:

I'm glad my play style pisses you off, because you sound like a miserable cunt who enjoys being pissed off.

G'day.

• Like 3

you play your way, i'll play mine, stop taking pixels on a screen so seriously you silly cunt.

well, I think things are going to get a whole lot more interesting round the coast now that the mountain men who have been waging a war against the server hoppers in the north no longer have that entertainment, they're going to be looking for new interesting things, like Ruby i'm sure they're ready to bring their love to town..

Heres what i see here, OP dosent discuss a thing, just analyse every post and make some remark based about something that has no relevence to the discussion, but that he can be right about. Now from some of the posts i see OP dosent like people "running to forums to complain about KOS"....so let me ask you this

Is playing as a friendly just as valid a playstyle as bandit?

Could someone playing a bandit be just as annoying to one person as someone playing friendly to another?

Is making a topic that complains about friendlys equally as pointless as a topic that complains about KOS?

I often go to the coast to attempt to help people. I don't force any help, I only offer it. If they say no I leave and look for someone that will want it. But heres the thing, helping people IMO entails much more risk than hunting them. Helping means I have to expose myself, not just shoot from 300+m and stroke my ego over it. I want a challenge from the game, and the situations that arise from trying to be friendly can be more than playing bandit.

For example if I see you, and manage to get close enough to let you know im there. But then find out that you actually hate being offered help and try to kill me....thats a lot more fun, and challenging (as you already know where I am, and have the advantage of knowing im friendly) than just popping you when I see you search a loot pile.

• Like 2

Kinda reminds me of certain white people who feel it's their "duty" to go out of their way to help "minorities",

You mean people?

well, I think things are going to get a whole lot more interesting round the coast now that the mountain men who have been waging a war against the server hoppers in the north no longer have that entertainment, they're going to be looking for new interesting things, like Ruby i'm sure they're ready to bring their love to town..

My buddy is really worried about gearing up post server hopper nerf.

Whats he supposed to do now that he can't grab a mosin while running to NWAF set up ina bush in the center of the runway and shoot the first loot bag that hops in?

Edited by Franchi

why else do they do it?

every action deliberately performed by a human being is motivated by reward, that is simply a fact.

There is nothing wrong with helping people when the opportunity presents itself and I have already stated in the OP that I love spontaneous acts of kindness between two or more human beings.

What I am talking about is those players who inflict their desire to feel appreciated onto other players who are not requesting assistance.

So it actually haven't crossed your mind, that these equipped folks might be just bored?

If you are equipped what do you do now?  You either seek confrontation around military bases or go back to beach to either help fresh spawns or hunt them down.

Who are you to judge or present YOUR opinion as superior to others?

You are basically the same type as those who constantly moan about KOS'ers  or "carebears". It does not make you look cool or tough.

• Like 1

you know the type, get themselves all geared up then head straight back to the coast to offer assistance to all the helpless bambis out there. Christ they make me want to vomit.

first of all anyone who just spawned on the coast is extremely likely to be very pissed off about dying and losing all their gear, probably at the hands of another player only a few minutes previously.

Secondly, there is a very high chance that this helpless bambi is an accomplished KoS player who would try and kill you with a gun, an axe, a kitchen knife or indeed a pair of fists no matter when and where you happen to meet.

There is something very odd about players who go to the coast specifically to 'help' fresh spawns.

Don't get me wrong, I love genuine and spontaneous acts of human kindness, I myself have occasionally derived a real sense of well being after some chance meeting, a little time spent getting acquainted and establishing that neither one of us is an incurable asshole, it's a real pleasure to share some supplies under such circumstances, a rare and pleasant experience indeed.

But actually focusing on seeking that out? making 'heading to the coast to help bambis' your primary aim is just fucking weird, there is something very patronising and arrogant and selfish about those players and when help is forced down my throat, I gotta tell you truth, I often repay it with an act of extreme violence.

Stop inflicting your strange need to feel appreciated on otherwise quite content gamers who are busily embarking upon, what for most, is the best part of the game. Gearing up and negotiating the wall of bandits that await in the tree lines and the city scapes ahead, leave them alone and for gods sake stay away from the coast unless you are actively seeking pvp encounters.

I don't really understand the hero going to save the bambi thing, but to each their own.. If i come across a bambi in a town trying to get food and a weapon ill keep my distance and talk to them, and occasionally throw them some food/drinks or a weapon (not loaded)

• Like 1

This discussion has had its time (and eleven pages of it). It is going around in circles with a bunch of insults and name-calling.

Locked.

• Like 1