Macdeth

why good samiritans irritate me

you know the type, get themselves all geared up then head straight back to the coast to offer assistance to all the helpless bambis out there. Christ they make me want to vomit.

first of all anyone who just spawned on the coast is extremely likely to be very pissed off about dying and losing all their gear, probably at the hands of another player only a few minutes previously.

Secondly, there is a very high chance that this helpless bambi is an accomplished KoS player who would try and kill you with a gun, an axe, a kitchen knife or indeed a pair of fists no matter when and where you happen to meet.

There is something very odd about players who go to the coast specifically to 'help' fresh spawns.

Don't get me wrong, I love genuine and spontaneous acts of human kindness, I myself have occasionally derived a real sense of well being after some chance meeting, a little time spent getting acquainted and establishing that neither one of us is an incurable asshole, it's a real pleasure to share some supplies under such circumstances, a rare and pleasant experience indeed.

But actually focusing on seeking that out? making 'heading to the coast to help bambis' your primary aim is just fucking weird, there is something very patronising and arrogant and selfish about those players and when help is forced down my throat, I gotta tell you truth, I often repay it with an act of extreme violence.

Stop inflicting your strange need to feel appreciated on otherwise quite content gamers who are busily embarking upon, what for most, is the best part of the game. Gearing up and negotiating the wall of bandits that await in the tree lines and the city scapes ahead, leave them alone and for gods sake stay away from the coast unless you are actively seeking pvp encounters.

Well that was passive aggressive i suggest you take a deep breath, calm down and try to restore your faith in humanity.

#guise guise, don't be soo 

gnaargh

dayum

man.

puuuhhh.

i meant, to say, that i use the word newbie for fresh-spawns, OK?

so, that we got this point across.

#1 I want to help newbies.

#2 I don't want any guilt or receive anything back. If i help them, and they don't help me in return, it's OK, because it was my own choice to act friendly.

#3 If they don't want any help, they have the right to say "No, i don't want any help"

well.

I'll stop here, because i see no point in arguing.

acchelp.gif

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

You do know that Darwin's theory also aplies to groups right? Stronger groups win out over the weaker ones, stronger groups often have social interaction and emotional bonding in order to encourage group behavior and they even help members of the group. 

Darwin's theory means fuck all in DayZ

The unfit do not respawn in reality... 

Well that was passive aggressive i suggest you take a deep breath, calm down and try to restore your faith in humanity.

there's absolutetly nothing 'passive' about my feelings towards those imbeciles who blindly assume every fresh spawn is looking for assistance.

As for my faith in humanity have you spent much time in game? do you read the countless repetitive QQ topics that spring up here on an hourly basis decrying the kill on sight mentality of the average player?

This is a game my friend and humanity has absolutely nothing to do with it. No one is actually harming anybody here, the only people who suffer are those who struggle with their own failure to keep their character safe and need to point the finger at others lest their fragile ego be exposed to the uncomfortable truth that they are crap at the game.

• Like 2

you know the type, get themselves all geared up then head straight back to the coast to offer assistance to all the helpless bambis out there. Christ they make me want to vomit.

first of all anyone who just spawned on the coast is extremely likely to be very pissed off about dying and losing all their gear, probably at the hands of another player only a few minutes previously.

Secondly, there is a very high chance that this helpless bambi is an accomplished KoS player who would try and kill you with a gun, an axe, a kitchen knife or indeed a pair of fists no matter when and where you happen to meet.

There is something very odd about players who go to the coast specifically to 'help' fresh spawns.

Don't get me wrong, I love genuine and spontaneous acts of human kindness, I myself have occasionally derived a real sense of well being after some chance meeting, a little time spent getting acquainted and establishing that neither one of us is an incurable asshole, it's a real pleasure to share some supplies under such circumstances, a rare and pleasant experience indeed.

But actually focusing on seeking that out? making 'heading to the coast to help bambis' your primary aim is just fucking weird, there is something very patronising and arrogant and selfish about those players and when help is forced down my throat, I gotta tell you truth, I often repay it with an act of extreme violence.

Stop inflicting your strange need to feel appreciated on otherwise quite content gamers who are busily embarking upon, what for most, is the best part of the game. Gearing up and negotiating the wall of bandits that await in the tree lines and the city scapes ahead, leave them alone and for gods sake stay away from the coast unless you are actively seeking pvp encounters.

aren't you one of the people who say stfu to people who complain about KOSers? so then you come in and complain about anothers game style. lulz.

aren't you one of the people who say stfu to people who complain about KOSers?

please illustrate your point with an example, preferably a quote or cease talking bollocks

All i can say is cry me a fucking river OP if IF i want to head to the beach and offer help i will if i want to head to the beach and kill new spawns i will if i want to strip my avatar down to his undies and blast rick astley over direct i will.

Coming on a forum to complain you dont like others play styles is well pretty much retarded its there play style deal with it in game any way you wish .

We all paid the same amount of money to play the game which is ment to be our story you dont like the story some people make play another game cause thus far everything you have said has just been whinny little bitch bollocks..

• Like 1

All i can say is cry me a fucking river OP if IF i want to head to the beach and offer help i will if i want to head to the beach and kill new spawns i will if i want to strip my avatar down to his undies and blast rick astley over direct i will.

Coming on a forum to complain you dont like others play styles is well pretty much retarded its there play style deal with it in game any way you wish .

We all paid the same amount of money to play the game which is ment to be our story you dont like the story some people make play another game cause thus far everything you have said has just been whinny little bitch bollocks..

Then don't come running to the forums with a ton of unspent butthurt every time a freshspawn  puts you on your ass with a deft right hook.

Many topics appear complaining about fresh spawns K.O.'ing helpful players and stealing their gear and another common theme is the crying idiots begging for the punch to be nerfed.

If you or any other player attempts to inflict your helpfulness upon me uninvited it will be repaid with attempted murder.

Edited by Macdeth

Then don't come running to the forums with a ton of unspent butthurt every time a freshspawn  puts you on your ass with a deft right hook.

Many topics appear complaining about fresh spawns K.O.'ing helpful players and stealing their gear and another common theme is the crying idiots begging for the punch to be nerfed.

If you or any other player attempts to inflict your helpfulness upon me uninvited it will be repaid with attempted murder.

please quote where i have ever done that or your just speaking bollocks!!!

Do you not see how straight retarded it is to come onto a forum to get a point about complaining across by complaining (ps reported myself for my own post cause i have great interest in the game been playing the mod since may 2012 but if you are an indication of the community common sense level id rather not take part lol)

PPS if you read some of my postss i scream for no nerf of the punch lol i advocate the realisim of being able to knock people out... i do at timestry to help people but try to do it in a sensible way but would say more than half my kills have been un armed or poorly armed idiots trying exactly as you say hell it makes the game interesting the random never know how some one will react...

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 2

there's absolutetly nothing 'passive' about my feelings towards those imbeciles who blindly assume every fresh spawn is looking for assistance.

As for my faith in humanity have you spent much time in game? do you read the countless repetitive QQ topics that spring up here on an hourly basis decrying the kill on sight mentality of the average player?

This is a game my friend and humanity has absolutely nothing to do with it. No one is actually harming anybody here, the only people who suffer are those who struggle with their own failure to keep their character safe and need to point the finger at others lest their fragile ego be exposed to the uncomfortable truth that they are crap at the game.

Okay so straight up unprovoked aggression over a game and because people aren't all as mad at the world as you are.

I don't think you understand the word humanity. This game represents humanity and how people react, work together and work against each other. There isn't a better representation of humanity in a game than Day Z. 

If no ones harming anyone then how can someone "suffer"?

If you have a fragile ego and can't hold people up don't complain about other people not having such a thing and holding people up it's a contradiction.

You might want to delete your thread and start again *facepalm*

tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif

Peeing-contest

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

If no ones harming anyone then how can someone "suffer"?

people do suffer, this is why they come bleating to the forums begging for the punch to be nerfed or killing to be punished etc etc etc.

But they are not suffering as a result of someone harming them, they suffer as a result of being incapable of dealing with their own failure, and make no mistake dying in dayz is a failure to keep your character safe.

Most players welcome the opportunity to learn and improve, see failure as an integral step on the path to improvement and don't suffer at all despite experiencing the same things the bleaters experience.

You see the bleaters refuse to accept responsibility and cannot contemplate the fact that their death arose as a result of a mistake or series of mistakes they made and so they seek desperately for something or someone to blame.

And thus they suffer a purely self inflicted kind of anguish. like those kids that kick the board game across the room when it becomes clear to them that they cant win, raging and crying and blaming... do they not suffer? yes, they do, but who harmed them? nobody did, they harm themselves.

And so it is with bad losers and bad players the world over, they inflict upon themselves suffering rather than facing the reality of their own failings which, thanks to a fragile ego, they find rather too painful.

nobody can harm you while playing a computer game without your express permission, therefore  any perceived harm is self inflicted and as a result I have no sympathy.

Edited by Macdeth
  • Like 3

first of all anyone who just spawned on the coast is extremely likely to be very pissed off about dying and losing all their gear, probably at the hands of another player only a few minutes previously.

There is something very odd about players who go to the coast specifically to 'help' fresh spawns.

Don't get me wrong, I love genuine and spontaneous acts of human kindness, I myself have occasionally derived a real sense of well being after some chance meeting, a little time spent getting acquainted and establishing that neither one of us is an incurable asshole, it's a real pleasure to share some supplies under such circumstances, a rare and pleasant experience indeed.

But actually focusing on seeking that out? making 'heading to the coast to help bambis' your primary aim is just fucking weird, there is something very patronising and arrogant and selfish about those players and when help is forced down my throat, I gotta tell you truth, I often repay it with an act of extreme violence.

Stop inflicting your strange need to feel appreciated on otherwise quite content gamers who are busily embarking upon, what for most, is the best part of the game. Gearing up and negotiating the wall of bandits that await in the tree lines and the city scapes ahead, leave them alone and for gods sake stay away from the coast unless you are actively seeking pvp encounters.

Macdeth - Winner of the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize

• Like 1

please illustrate your point with an example, preferably a quote or cease talking bollocks

Yes, because I'm really going to go through every KOS thread looking for your posts :thumbsup:

Yes, because I'm really going to go through every KOS thread looking for your posts :thumbsup:

oh dear, learn to forum.

I've only made 47 posts you fool, search them.

Edited by Macdeth

So, a guy offers you gear, and you respond with extreme violence? You c*nt. 

Stupid people like you feel insulted in their ego and all butthurt because they are "patronized" instead of just appreciating kindness. 

• Like 2

...they suffer as a result of being incapable of dealing with their own failure...

...nobody can harm you while playing a computer game without your express permission, therefore  any perceived harm is self inflicted and as a result I have no sympathy.

Is that like someone getting upset that someone else offered them help in a game that they don't think they need? Something like, "I don't need your help." and subtext of "You just hurt my feelings thinking I need your help."

That is what this post is really about. You feeling patronized when someone offers you help. That is why you find it weird that someone would help them and why you state things the way you do. Someone offering you help makes you feel lesser and you can't handle it. Suck it up and grow up.

One of the most contradictory post I have ever seen on the DayZ Forums.

Congrats....

Here's a tip just say No to help and stop bitching. I've never meet a Beach Hero who didn't take my "Nah, I'm going to Elektro".

You should read your OP again and then submit it to your psychiatrist. Your having an episode.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 5

One of the most contradictory post I have ever seen on the DayZ Forums.

Congrats....

Here's a tip just say No to help and stop bitching. I've never meet a Beach Hero who didn't take my "Nah, I'm going to Elektro".

beach hero lol

more idiotic labels

deflect more.

this whole thread is idiotic.

Edited by 27 others
  • Like 1

again, some smart arse thinking they can psychically read my entire game play philosophy from an avatar and a post.

Where have I said I hide up north searching the same houses avoiding human interaction?

And thus they suffer a purely self inflicted kind of anguish. like those kids that kick the board game across the room when it becomes clear to them that they cant win, raging and crying and blaming... do they not suffer? yes, they do, but who harmed them? nobody did, they harm themselves.

I enjoy these kinds of threads. Sooo much fun.  :lol:

tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Ansssi

If you don't like players helping spawners, then you should go down to the coast and wait till you see a well-equipped player trying to help a new spawn. Then you should get the drop on that player, hold him up and give HIM a can of beans, see how he likes that!

Then, if the newspawn really is a noob bambi, he would know he is into a REALLY UNUSUAL game. And it would change his life forever.

xx pilgrim

• Like 2

You know, there are not only players who do helpful things to feel appreciated. There are also people who just want to help, and do not care about their ego. 

If you dont want anything, just say "No". Dont assault them like a spineless maggot. You risk killing a genuinely nice player.

Making Humanity even more shitty.

Edited by 27 others
  • Like 3

I dont know, tell me if I'm wrong but I dont think the problem is in what the OP is saying, it's how he's saying that has everyone's panties bunched- its all 100% spot on...maybe you dont like him saying it with a gun pointed in your face lol?