Sign in to follow this  
blissfulkunt

My Last Rant

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Don't be setting yourself a pattern for life here sister or life's gonna be one long trail of defeats and retreats.

• Like 3

Indeed it is. Mostly because it is not a dumbed down, hold you by the hand kinda game like most other games out there. These people whining about bugs and refusing to understand why/what they paid 30 bucks for, will continue to rage and complain about the game until they had their fill and leave, bugs or no bugs. To them I say farewell and thanks for all the fish.

I know it doesn't matter but doing some research before buying a game helps immensely to avoid making yourself look like a fool on the interwebs.

Funny thing is Im done because the community mostly, well and zombies, community as a whole is terrible. The dying from glitches never phased me, Its always the people...

Anyways I tried to play the "Alpha" enjoyed it for the first 10 deaths.. after that just got annoying.. after the next 10 hate started to brew... and the next 5 I decided to actually start thinking what I was playing

Let me tell you this is no Zombie Survival Game. Its an open-world frag fest.

tweet today more zombies coming man, but take a break and come back, the game well its not a game yet but its no where rdy to be reviwed. But i for one will agree with you on some ground, if the game does not go away from just killing each other it will never be great like it can be, if not the best game of all time lol

Exactly my point, you still don't understand why/what you paid 30 bucks for. Also dying 25 times in 100 hours of gameplay, that'd be 1 death every 4 hours dayyum, this game really isn't for you man. I died maybe 2-3 times and I have close to 140 hours under my belt.

This game will get better and it will be more awesome than it is now but I am not trying to win you over. I know that even then you will continue bitching and moaning because people are not playing the way YOU want in an open-world.

• Like 1

Its not the "Death" part that really gets me, just 50 hours when you have a full-time job, a wife and a baby to take care of (Here and there, thats mostly her job right?) is valuable to me, I guess its my own fault for participating in an alpha that I was just too excited to get my hands on. sigh.

I would take some time off playing the ALPHA.

Exactly my point, you still don't understand why/what you paid 30 bucks for. Also dying 25 times in 100 hours of gameplay, that'd be 1 death every 4 hours dayyum, this game really isn't for you man. I died maybe 2-3 times and I have close to 140 hours under my belt.

This game will get better and it will be more awesome than it is now but I am not trying to win you over. I know that even then you will continue bitching and moaning because people are not playing the way YOU want in an open-world.

What do you do? Hide in the North? Must be real fun. I have so many deaths under my belt because I guess I tried to be a "Real Hero", constantly trying to help Bambies get some stuff to enjoy the game, always gave away most of my food,ammo etc as long as I had my M4. So yeah I would go to the dangerous spots on the coast (Where the hell else are you going to experience the player interaction part of this game?) and try to help. Ive gotten knocked out by bambies, shot by snipers(The majority of my deaths, F**king pussy's), and straight up been told a person is "friendly" only to be shot in the back.

This has nothing to do with the game going MY WAY. You sir sound like a douche. My complaining comes from a deep desire to enjoy this epic looking game, just to be horribly dissapointed by the overall community.

Honestly man, just go away, your posts dont contribute to anything and are straight up trolling.

I'm sorry if someone doesn't like this game from the get-go, it's not meant to be

What do you do? Hide in the North? Must be real fun. I have so many deaths under my belt because I guess I tried to be a "Real Hero", constantly trying to help Bambies get some stuff to enjoy the game, always gave away most of my food,ammo etc as long as I had my M4. So yeah I would go to the dangerous spots on the coast (Where the hell else are you going to experience the player interaction part of this game?) and try to help. Ive gotten knocked out by bambies, shot by snipers(The majority of my deaths, F**king pussy's), and straight up been told a person is "friendly" only to be shot in the back.

This has nothing to do with the game going MY WAY. You sir sound like a douche. My complaining comes from a deep desire to enjoy this epic looking game, just to be horribly dissapointed by the overall community.

Honestly man, just go away, your posts dont contribute to anything and are straight up trolling.

Blissful, I hear your pain brother as a fellow do-gooder. Trouble with you is, you never played the mod, so didn't get brought up the 'hard' way. To enter the dayz community thinking that handing out bullets and food on the coast to washed up noobs like some charity worker will gain you respect when you cant even earn a hero skin for all your troubles? Its asking for trouble, and with no reward, whats the point? I quickly learned that playing an anti-game like Dayz, being a hero simply means not KOS'ing. That's the secret IMO, if you bump into a random fella and don't shoot, that's being a real hero in Dayz.

I arrived on Dayz with delusions of grandeur, myself being the heroic guy people sung songs about a thousand years from now around camp fires. The cold hard truth though is that the Dayz community doesn't exist. You have to look after numero uno at all times, no exception.

PS, if the standalone isn't rocking your boat, buy the mod. Its still amazing!

• Like 1

As far as im concerned I did contribute, everything I said is a fact. I bought the Standalone not the f**king mod. As far as being a pussy "grimey rick" why? because im fed up? Yes I got my moneys worth with over 100+ hours played.

Im fine without a refund, 30$ doesnt mean the world to me. I know after the 100+ hours I have put in that the attitudes and mentality of people wont change. Maybe I will come back after they implement a skill system so my time doesnt go to waste.

However like I said, my points are very valid. Everyone know this, anyways I dont even know why Im replying, im just typing verbal throwup at this point. Im over DayWhateverTheF**kItsAbout.

Skill system? this game really isn't for you. (not knocking you as not 1 game is right for every person ever)

Everything you seem to complain about is what makes dayz great. the whole point is when you die you lose everything there is no progression. If you're playing to get some kind of reward at the end that will never come, to me the beauty of dayz is there is no progression, there is no achievements and i'm playing a game to enjoy the game, not to level up not to get achievements not to beat the game; i'm playing it because each life within the game is a whole new experience and no other game i've played truly offers that.

• Like 2

Blissful, I hear your pain brother as a fellow do-gooder. Trouble with you is, you never played the mod, so didn't get brought up the 'hard' way. To enter the dayz community thinking that handing out bullets and food on the coast to washed up noobs like some charity worker will gain you respect when you cant even earn a hero skin for all your troubles? Its asking for trouble, and with no reward, whats the point? I quickly learned that playing an anti-game like Dayz, being a hero simply means not KOS'ing. That's the secret IMO, if you bump into a random fella and don't shoot, that's being a real hero in Dayz.

I arrived on Dayz with delusions of grandeur, myself being the heroic guy people sung songs about a thousand years from now around camp fires. The cold hard truth though is that the Dayz community doesn't exist. You have to look after numero uno at all times, no exception.

PS, if the standalone isn't rocking your boat, buy the mod. Its still amazing!

Thank you for understanding my situation and giving me alternatives. I really appreciate it.

Skill system? this game really isn't for you. (not knocking you as not 1 game is right for every person ever)

Everything you seem to complain about is what makes dayz great. the whole point is when you die you lose everything there is no progression. If you're playing to get some kind of reward at the end that will never come, to me the beauty of dayz is there is no progression, there is no achievements and i'm playing a game to enjoy the game, not to level up not to get achievements not to beat the game; i'm playing it because each life within the game is a whole new experience and no other game i've played truly offers that.

Fair enough, I may have to just understand that this game isnt for me. However like I have said.. I dont really mind dying.. Just believe the community is ruining the game for more than just myself.

• Like 1

Edit: Gave a nice reply until I saw your second post. Almost everyone points out the fact that people will kill you in DayZ and you are tripping if you think you can get a refund on a game you put 100 hours into. Do you attempt to return used condoms as well?

my roommate showed me how to rinse and reuse condoms ...  i have aids now... i hate my roommate.

Edited by placiddream

I usually don't reply (to anything) but, today only, i feel empathy for this type of rant.

OP, I understand your frustration. I've experienced the same feelings when i first started playing the DayZ mod back in August of 2012. I was hooked on the potential of Dean's vision hook, line, and sinker. I began honing my skills as a lone wolf, stalking the northern rim from Lopatino to Krastnostav and back, using Poebda to stay hydrated. I avoided everyone I saw and shot at everyone who saw me; win some, lose some. It became a morbid existence. 

It was about 2 months of hyper-paranoia and hermitdom until I was confronted with my first unicorn.

When I saw my first Hero I instantly realized what I wanted to be when I grew up. Coyote backpack full of precious life. Gifts given as if they were leftover fruit, the owner not wanting them to spoil. He gave me a canteen 2 steaks, my first CCO SD (didn't last long), saluted, and bid me good luck.

I began blood-bagging everyone in sight. If they asked, If they didn't ask. I joined many people, offering battlefield triage to squads, gangs, spouses, lone wolves, anyone who asked for assistance in Side, Hero, Bandit-it didnt matter. I wanted my (plaid) stripes, and nothing was going to stop me. I achieved my goal (and then some) but I learned a few valuable lessons along the way.

Disclaimer: I realize everyone has a different playstyle, and I am only sharing the small corner of knowledge my humble adventures have accumulated using a similar playstyle to what OP is attempting.

1. Heroes die. All the time. As a matter of fact, when you play as a Hero expect to die. 100%. If you've watched movies, you know when the hero is going to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Hopefully, you look bad-ass and get to take a few bad guys with you sometimes.

2. People are asshats. I've been lured in, satchel charged, sniped, mowed down, betrayed in Shakespearean epics of deceit, sacrificed to the blood god, more times than I can count. If you can think of it, someone can think of something worse. Keep this in mind when you initiate a dialogue with a stranger toting a fireaxe.

3. Don't be "nice". What is hard about being nice is that it expects reciprocation. People can be offended if the sentiment isn't reflected. The thing about being nice is it can be interpreted as weakness, which is a big no-no in survival-of-the-fittest Chernarus. You have to be positive instead. Being positive allows you to be "nice" but remain in control of the situation without showing weakness. You can maintain a commanding tone without sounding like a scared child or a shithead.

4. Your actions are essentially contributing  to the larger sum of an idea: There is good in Chernarus. You are part of it, but don't get confused. The price your good deeds will bring is vulnerability. You have to be willing sacrifice everything, literally everything,every time you say "Hello" to someone. Don't expect them to be nice. Don't expect to live. But, by all means, DO enjoy the ride.

It will get better as time progresses. More zombies. VEHICLES. The thing is: People are going to act the same no matter how many awesome features Dean throws in here. Come to terms with the potential consequences of your actions or this place will beat any remaining fuks you still have to give right out of you.

• Like 8

I'm really going to miss you. You contributed a lot of helpful information during your time here. For example, you demonstrated the girly-tears-to-menstrual-blood ratio required to act like a complete pansy.

Thank you for that.

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

• Like 1

Thank you for understanding my situation and giving me alternatives. I really appreciate it.

Fair enough, I may have to just understand that this game isnt for me. However like I have said.. I dont really mind dying.. Just believe the community is ruining the game for more than just myself.

No worries blissful my good man. I spent money I didn't really have last year just to build a PC to play Dayz, beforehand I was happily playing red dead redemption multiplayer on the PS3, and having a great time! I always heard that the PC players were the gaming master race, and it was an utter bloody shock to then play Dayz, and the community were such a bunch of stab in the back little shitheads compared to my fellow console players...

I always have a sly chuckle to myself when I see people say that consoles aren't worthy of Dayz, due to console gamers not being mature enough to understand the wayz of dayz.... but that's for another day.

z ;)

• Like 1

I usually don't reply (to anything) but, today only, i feel empathy for this type of rant.

OP, I understand your frustration. I've experienced the same feelings when i first started playing the DayZ mod back in August of 2012. I was hooked on the potential of Dean's vision hook, line, and sinker. I began honing my skills as a lone wolf, stalking the northern rim from Lopatino to Krastnostav and back, using Poebda to stay hydrated. I avoided everyone I saw and shot at everyone who saw me; win some, lose some. It became a morbid existence. 

It was about 2 months of hyper-paranoia and hermitdom until I was confronted with my first unicorn.
When I saw my first Hero I instantly realized what I wanted to be when I grew up. Coyote backpack full of precious life. Gifts given as if they were leftover fruit, the owner not wanting them to spoil. He gave me a canteen 2 steaks, my first CCO SD (didn't last long), saluted, and bid me good luck.

I began blood-bagging everyone in sight. If they asked, If they didn't ask. I joined many people, offering battlefield triage to squads, gangs, spouses, lone wolves, anyone who asked for assistance in Side, Hero, Bandit-it didnt matter. I wanted my (plaid) stripes, and nothing was going to stop me. I achieved my goal (and then some) but I learned a few valuable lessons along the way.

Disclaimer: I realize everyone has a different playstyle, and I am only sharing the small corner of knowledge my humble adventures have accumulated using a similar playstyle to what OP is attempting.

1. Heroes die. All the time. As a matter of fact, when you play as a Hero expect to die. 100%. If you've watched movies, you know when the hero is going to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Hopefully, you look bad-ass and get to take a few bad guys with you sometimes.

2. People are asshats. I've been lured in, satchel charged, sniped, mowed down, betrayed in Shakespearean epics of deceit, sacrificed to the blood god, more times than I can count. If you can think of it, someone can think of something worse. Keep this in mind when you initiate a dialogue with a stranger toting a fireaxe.

3. Don't be "nice". What is hard about being nice is that it expects reciprocation. People can be offended if the sentiment isn't reflected. The thing about being nice is it can be interpreted as weakness, which is a big no-no in survival-of-the-fittest Chernarus. You have to be positive instead. Being positive allows you to be "nice" but remain in control of the situation without showing weakness. You can maintain a commanding tone without sounding like a scared child or a shithead.

4. Your actions are essentially contributing  to the larger sum of an idea: There is good in Chernarus. You are part of it, but don't get confused. The price your good deeds will bring is vulnerability. You have to be willing sacrifice everything, literally everything,every time you say "Hello" to someone. Don't expect them to be nice. Don't expect to live. But, by all means, DO enjoy the ride.

It will get better as time progresses. More zombies. VEHICLES. The thing is: People are going to act the same no matter how many awesome features Dean throws in here. Come to terms with the potential consequences of your actions or this place will beat any remaining fuks you still have to give right out of you.

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to write that man... seriously appreciate it. When people do this it gives me a little more faith. Thanks for being a DayZ Hero/Contributor.

Hey Bliss, it is definitely annoying when most players are more interested in shooting everything that moves over actually engaging fellow players with caution yet not auto killing.  I understand where you're coming from.  I'd say for sure maybe take a break from playin for a bit maybe and see how it feels as its more progressed in development, but like uBorn wrote (and holy crap man excellent post!) when you are playing, just let yourself enjoy the ride.  It's not even near a complete game so you just have to keep telling yourself that and also remember anonymity brings out the crap in people a lot  :-\

I'll be playing a bit this week during the days ... I think we added eachother on steam and if you're on maybe we can group up and just journey through Chernarus and experience it from a more positive point of view :) 

Just missing the fact that,

yea,

right now,

as the game is,

with zeds and features not working to even close to what they are going to be

yes the game is somewhat as you describe as an open world fps.

Wait until the game comes out in a couple years and try again, you wont even recognize it.

I dont understand with all the information about what this game is now, compared to what it is going to be, how you can hate on it so much.  That is where the shortcoming of your OP lies.  You clearly show no open mindedness to what this could potentially be.

Youve said you understand you bought a pre alpha so give it a rest and check it out again in awhile.  You will be surprised.

• Like 1

The surviving aspect is horrible, its about deceiving people, playing people, ruining their experience. I can only hope in a few months this game will be better and not 100% about shooting other/fellow survivors. I know in my heart it wont be, and this saddens me terribly. The zombie mechanics are horrible and will never be the main threat, it will always be people (Or F**King whackjobs as I call them) that are out there for one reason, and that is to ruin the game for you. They are assholes because they dont need your gear, they dont need your food, they dont need your weapons.. they just kill because they have nothing better to do.

Due to the fact that right now, all you have to do is server hop a few times (by the way the 30second delay that is coming out isnt going to fix this, maybe for Balota, and on top of that combat logging will still be highly possible)to get ALL the gear you will ever need, Zombies are nothing but glitchy annoying "bugs" you can squish with the palm of your hand

We need more reasons to kill zombies, and we need more stuff for potential bandits to do. This is what will fix the zombie apocalypse being banditry-centric.

You bought an early access alpha. Not even an Alpha, an early access alpha.

Logically, it will not be the entire product. Logically, work is slow. This is because bugs are prevalent - this is because it is early access alpha. There are few zombies - this is because it is an early access alpha. They are working with the netcode, because they must optimise it, and also because they've changed from the default Arma 2 architecture. There are few weapons and items. This is because it is an early access alpha. This is because they have put work and effort into the main weapon of the game, the M4, in an effort to make it basically fully customisable, so that it's framework can be used for other weapons.

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

Straight from the source. If you bought this game, you would have seen this.

You complain about a lack of content, a weak playerbase, and other stuff - what else do you expect? You know it's am early access alpha, right? You read that, right?

I just do not understand. I cannot comprehend how people can know that, and still complain about a lack of content and a poor playerbase. They're building the core framework of the game, meaning Chernarus plus, customisable weapons, and customisable players. Ergo, they shall not focus on much more.

• Like 3

As far as im concerned I did contribute, everything I said is a fact. I bought the Standalone not the f**king mod. As far as being a pussy "grimey rick" why? because im fed up? Yes I got my moneys worth with over 100+ hours played.

Im fine without a refund, 30$ doesnt mean the world to me. I know after the 100+ hours I have put in that the attitudes and mentality of people wont change. Maybe I will come back after they implement a skill system so my time doesnt go to waste.

However like I said, my points are very valid. Everyone know this, anyways I dont even know why Im replying, im just typing verbal throwup at this point. Im over DayWhateverTheF**kItsAbout.

You realize that you didn't buy "the game", right? You bought this to help what the game will become; to bug test, submit feedback and get a discount for when it releases in probably a little over a year. It even warns you "THIS SHIT IS BROKEN AND WILL BE MISSING A LOT OF FEATURES, DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT TO ONLY HAVE FUN PLAYING A GAME".

You apparently either missed that warning, OR you're the type of person that reads "WARNING: CONTENTS VERY HOT" and then burns the shit out of your mouth and then complains that it was hot.

I'm trying not to be rude, but I really don't get how people can jump into an Alpha test that warns you not to buy it and then gets all uppity when it's exactly what they were promised if they did even a smidgen of research.

• Like 3

Honestly, I think im too far gone, I gave hardcore a shot because people told me it was "different" on there, It was the exact same, same amount of KoS, just same attitude overall.

Im mostly upset because right now the game has absolutely nothing to do with zombies, the rabbits scare me more. I bought it for the zombies and the hilarious reviews, but they should have been a warning. There is no Banditry GAHHH IDK im just so mad.

Either way yes a massive year break or a refund ill be happy either way.

IMO: The game is still a lie. Its false advertising, and no I did not play the "Mod". I bought a game I thought would have nothing to do with an army game, sadly, its an army game lol

I understand your frustration, but put simply, you're an idiot. The alpha isn't what you expected. I get that. You wanted a zombie game, I get that too. And yes the zombies are not close to a threat. Everything you say is true. BUT.... Even though I agree with all this, even though its perfectly understandable how you feel about it, there is one thing that renders your whole rant void. You call this a game. You think you bought a "game". And by using the term and thinking it is the same as calling it an alpha, that the two are even related, you are an idiot. Most people who rant about the alpha think its a game, think theres a similarity and its just not the case. This is NOT a game. Not yet anyways. Imagine it like a skeleton, it can't walk and talk, it can't do anything, theres not enough there. Right now, all that is in the alpha is a blank city and players. NOTHING else is as it will be in the full release. You are looking for a GAME to play and an ALPHA is NOT a GAME. It is the beginning fetus stage of what will grow into a fully functional game, but at no point are they the same.

For what you wanted out of it, you are right to be mad. It isn't what you wanted though. It never was. And THAT is what it means when people tell you it is an alpha. You may have experienced a BETA before, and a beta is a game, they can be interchanged at will. A beta isn't quite done, but all that is left is fixing bugs. The GAME itself is finished in a beta, just not polished. To put it in terms you can more easily identify:

A GAME is a fully furnished house, decorated and filled with everything that you need. It is ready to be lived in.

A BETA is an empty house, or one with only the essentials, a bed, a toilet etc. It could be lived in, but it wouldn't be comfortable until more things are touched up.

AN ALPHA is the process starting at a blueprint and continuing on through the construction phase up until one could call it a building, until the major things like walls, a roof, internl plumbing and electrical wiring, etc are added, you cannot even tell what it is going to be until its near the end when you can see that there is a house in the making.

The problem you are having, as well as many others who bought the Alpha is that you expected a house you could live in. You bought it fully thinking it would at least suit your needs, but until it hits it's beta stage, it just can't do that. Until the beta, it will not be what you want it to be. You are right to want to seek out something else for the time being, but are very wrong to think that it will never be what you wanted it to be.

People just need to realize how HUGE of a difference there is between an ALPHA and a BETA compared to a BETA and a full release GAME.

Edited by Munchermanjz
  • Like 2

You bought an early access alpha. Not even an Alpha, an early access alpha.

Logically, it will not be the entire product. Logically, work is slow. This is because bugs are prevalent - this is because it is early access alpha. There are few zombies - this is because it is an early access alpha. They are working with the netcode, because they must optimise it, and also because they've changed from the default Arma 2 architecture. There are few weapons and items. This is because it is an early access alpha. This is because they have put work and effort into the main weapon of the game, the M4, in an effort to make it basically fully customisable, so that it's framework can be used for other weapons.

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

Straight from the source. If you bought this game, you would have seen this.

You complain about a lack of content, a weak playerbase, and other stuff - what else do you expect? You know it's am early access alpha, right? You read that, right?

I just do not understand. I cannot comprehend how people can know that, and still complain about a lack of content and a poor playerbase. They're building the core framework of the game, meaning Chernarus plus, customisable weapons, and customisable players. Ergo, they shall not focus on much more.

Hey, HEY. You STOP RIGHT THERE, you and your damn logic. We dont take kindly to your kind 'round these parts.

My kind?

You know, I happen to have a few of my kind 'round these parts, pardner. In fact, they're here right now.

My pardners, Smith, and Wesson, and Me.

I also couldn't resist the urge to say 'BYE WE WON'T MISS YOU, YOU LITTLE COMPLAINING MUTT! IT'S AN ALPHA, FOOL!'

Edited by Sanguine88