airtonix (DayZ)

The current implementation of the logout timer is trollish.

You can disagree all you want it has worked in Eve-Online for almost a decade and it will work for SA as well.

You are always at risk whether you are logging off or not, that is not an excuse to not have the 30 second timer. It is up to you to minimize or eliminate that risk by making sure nobody has spotted you.

Besides, the system will be improved upon, how I am not sure (I am guessing it'll have to do with "camping" and barricading buildings) but giving someone the option to cancel the logout and give them a chance to weigh the situation is not an improvement in my opinion.

I still disagree that system has worked in countless other games, it still puts you at risk as 9 times out of 10 the person who see's who 1st wins.

If you see and logging out player and shoot at him and he has enough time to press cancel, then stand up then arm himself, then take aim and shoot i mean he should be dead already! most of my gunfight confrontations are over with within a second unless there are multiple aggressors, I just do not see how it gives or rewards anyone as they are still disadvantaged. I don't combat log myself ever and have only come across a handful who have logged on me so maybe i'm just exempt to this.

Again i stress! i love the new system and by far not complaining about it and no way ever want it removed, i'm just stating on what i feel would improve it further imo; just reinforcing that haha

Edit: grammar, spelling misused words the usual lol one day i'll learn to proof read before i post.

• Like 1

• You find a safe place (a fallacy, there are no safe places in dayz)

I call bullshit on that. I mean sure, technically there is nowhere on the map where you are immune to attack but that's simply not needed.  I played a ton of dayz mod with the logout timer and never once got killed logging out, if you even have half a brain its incredibly easy to find somewhere that is "safe" for at least 30 seconds.

You can disagree all you want it has worked in Eve-Online for almost a decade and it will work for SA as well.

You are always at risk whether you are logging off or not, that is not an excuse to not have the 30 second timer. It is up to you to minimize or eliminate that risk by making sure nobody has spotted you.

Besides, the system will be improved upon, how I am not sure (I am guessing it'll have to do with "camping" and barricading buildings) but giving someone the option to cancel the logout and give them a chance to weigh the situation is not an improvement in my opinion.

I will share my beans with you for a classy debate! haha

but to clarify, i was never arguing to remove the 30 second timer 100% want that (no one should be able to force logout ever), i don't want the current system changed at all just added to! i just meant you would sit there watching over it (similar to most MMO's) but i wont beat a dead horse we obviously both standby what we have said and remain unswayed, so i tilt my hat to you good sir!

It will be interesting to see how they build upon it further with whatever way they choose to go, best part of the alpha in my opinion watching it all grow; even the bugs haha.

• Like 1

I've done some looking and found out why you can't act after you log out.....

tumblr_krbdtccXUb1qzih1ro1_500.jpg.jpg

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

I've done some looking and found out why you can't act after you log out.....

tumblr_krbdtccXUb1qzih1ro1_500.jpg.jpg

Of coarse! This makes so much sense now lol.

If they do decide to make aggressive animal mobs than im sure they could see you a mile away like the zombies can.

It still no excuse for beeing lazy. You have to make sure that you can logout if you stay for a short period of time you will see if something comes running.

Edited by Ochn0e

no just no .There are plenty of safe places on the map to logout. Only 30% of the map is being used from the players with the current state of the game(no vehicles)

Are you sure about that?   I could have sworn only 29% of the map was being used in the current state, was that 30% in the stable or experimental version?

:rolleyes:

It still no excuse for beeing lazy. You have to make sure that you can logout if you stay for a short period of time you will see if something comes running.

Some ppl might have things to do or have to log out right away without bothering to check. So that argument is a double edge sword. Sometimes there are reasons ppl have to leave in a hurry.

Some ppl might have things to do or have to log out right away without bothering to check. So that argument is a double edge sword. Sometimes there are reasons ppl have to leave in a hurry.

If you got not much time you shouldn't play or stay away from dangerous locations and if you have to go in a hurry it's not the fault of the game either. You are responsible for your time management. If you can't do this by yourself I don't see a reason why a game should help you and if a UFO hits your house ...well bad luck.

I'm really getting bored with this discussion.

A 30 sec logout is not rocket science.

Edited by Ochn0e
  • Like 1

Whether or not people like Epoch is a contested matter, but largely irrelevant in what I have to say, but they have it right in terms of logging out.

You cannot log out near another player

You cannot log out in combat

And you cannot click Abort for 10 seconds

A system like this would work in SA

Ok, I'm fine with the 30 second timer and all... Just have to be more careful when logging out.

But what happens when you're say... Being chased by a zombie or in the middle of a firefight and your internet decides to take a shit on you? If my internet goes out, I'm already pissed. If my internet went out and I lost all my shit because of it, I'd probably throw my keyboard at my cat.

Whether or not people like Epoch is a contested matter, but largely irrelevant in what I have to say, but they have it right in terms of logging out.

You cannot log out near another player

You cannot log out in combat

And you cannot click Abort for 10 seconds

A system like this would work in SA

No it wouldn't. The current system is fine.

Im going to tell you the same exact thing when one of your family members die.

So you are saying that you still would care about a game if a family member dies ? Because I for sure would not and you could kill my char in which ever crucial way you like.

People log out in built up areas?

You crazy cats...

yeah if your talking about buildings once they get zombies fixed and walking up stairs those wont be safe anymore ether lol.

Ok, I'm fine with the 30 second timer and all... Just have to be more careful when logging out.

But what happens when you're say... Being chased by a zombie or in the middle of a firefight and your internet decides to take a shit on you? If my internet goes out, I'm already pissed. If my internet went out and I lost all my shit because of it, I'd probably throw my keyboard at my cat.

Don't blame the cat! instead throw it at your ISP :P

So you are saying that you still would care about a game if a family member dies ? Because I for sure would not and you could kill my char in which ever crucial way you like.

Im saying that sometimes things come up and you have to log period that are more important than a game. Way to twist words around buddy.

You act like its within everyones control 24/7 and sometimes its not. Computers go out, life shit happens. And im sure you would considering how you talk.

The fact that this issue exists is a shame. Exploiters are ruining the game and, by attempting to stop this activity, it's making it difficult for the honest players.

I know it may be "lame" to pull this card, but I'm a father of two kids. I do my best to ensure I have a decent slot of "time" to try and play, but you know kids...things happen. It's already difficult to rush to find a hiding spot when I'm needed elsewhere right away. Throw in a 30 second server delay? Now I REALLY have to hunt. But I can't; I have to go NOW. Gotta log out where I am and hope for the best. Should I possibly lose my character because of some bad apples?

Not looking for pity or a fight; just giving an example of being a C.O.W. in the fight against cheaters.

Edited by sacrdandprofne
  • Like 1

I had this happens many times I feel you.

Every time someone was shooting at me or I was pinned down by zombies my internet just randomnly died.

But since I play on experimental servers with this anti combat log timer my internet is much more stable now.

The fact that this issue exists is a shame. Exploiters are ruining the game and, by attempting to stop this activity, it's making it difficult for the honest players.

I know it may be "lame" to pull this card, but I'm a father of two kids. I do my best to ensure I have a decent slot of "time" to try and play, but you know kids...things happen. It's already difficult to rush to find a hiding spot when I'm needed elsewhere right away. Throw in a 30 second server delay? Now I REALLY have to hunt. But I can't; I have to go NOW. Gotta log out where I am and hope for the best. Should I possibly lose my character because of some bad apples?

Not looking for pity or a fight; just giving an example of being a C.O.W. in the fight against cheaters.

Thats pretty much what i said real life shit happens and honest ppl get fucked like you. : /

Its just a game but its still not very convenient. Maybe to ppl looking for a  quick KOS by chance or loot.

You act like its within everyones control 24/7 and sometimes its not. Computers go out, life shit happens.

And then your char is dead, so what ? Shit happens. This game is not responsible for your personal life or occurrences within it. If your power cuts out then it's not the fault of the game.

This is getting ridiculous.

And then your char is dead, so what ? Shit happens. This game is not responsible for your personal life or occurrences within it. If your power cuts out then it's not the fault of the game.

This is getting ridiculous.

Than i dont see how putting a timer in period would even matter if thats the situation? Its just a game right? I mean who cares it ppl combat log or like to server hop because all in all it is just a game.

And if your trying to counter well ppl shouldnt be able to do that and exploit the game i could just say "its just a game It dosnt effect you in reallity in anyway, shape or form" lol

Edited by Deathlove

If your power cuts out then it's not the fault of the game.

Nobody's saying that it's the game's fault your power went out and your character died. It's not the game's fault I have to go tend to my kids either.

We're saying that a 30 second timer, entirely implemented ONLY due to cheaters, is NOT fair across the board. Bad apples spoiled the whole bunch.

That's all.

Edited by sacrdandprofne

Nobody's saying that.

Well i said if the computer goes out but this guy trys to counter everything i say lol.