Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

Rocket is a huge troll.

what kind of idiot would eat a random berry off a bush

The kind of idiot like me that lives in Michigan, thats what!

YEAH BB YEAH!! 8D

• Like 1

Hi.

So how do you tell which berries are good? Is it color coded?

Hopefully there is some brain food blueberries to help the COD kids :lol:

Regards.

Just don't eat the dingle kind. 

• Like 2

Just don't eat the dingle kind. 

No poop jokes for yew! :I

We got enough sick fucks trying to have pooping simulations and eating fetishes involving the game as is.

lmao

Edited by Deathlove

Poisoned berry:

kqey.jpg

Good berry:

bhfc.jpg

( I play on lowest setting so berry bushes may look different on higher settings)

Also those poisonous berries are real killers. If not charcoal tablets I'm sure I would be dead in 10 minutes.

• Like 7

Poisoned berry:

<a picture>

Good berry:

<a picture>

( I play on lowest setting so berry bushes may look different on higher settings)

Also those poisonous berries are real killers. If not charcoal tablets I'm sure I would be dead in 10 minutes.

I'll note that the green spec-bubble-blurs are the bad ones.

Good thing this was done in lowest settings because if they looked different in high settings... I might suffer the same fate as OP.

Edited by hanahouhanah
  • Like 1

I was kidding lmao, but seriously, this is a survival game. Would you eat random fruit off a bush irl?

Ah actually you would in real life after 2weeks and starvation trully sets in and the brains functions start to shut down desperation kicking in ya body totally devoid of body fat and your internal organs are breaking down to keep going you will eat fucking anything.

This is ofcourse based on people who have not been trained to survive in such situations like 95% of the population then add to the situation your in a foriegn country ( maybe you have learned to survive in your neck of the woods how about come to australia and try it out here ( i bet you die in less than 5 days.) or if your from australia try New guinea 2 countries quite close but worlds apart in the methods of survival .

So in conclusion your a dick.....

• Like 4

Poisoned berry:

kqey.jpg

Good berry:

bhfc.jpg

told you man, i was out in ten minutes. strong shit, those.

• Like 1

I've never even seen berries yet, but starved to death almost 3 times on experimental branch. What do they look like? Nevermind..

Edited by Thane

what kind of idiot would eat a random berry off a bush

Yeah, pretty much. There is a whole series of tests to determine if a certain plant is good for eating. It takes at least 24 hours. In an actual wilderness survival situation, you don't just derp about, eating random shit you find growing in the woods, ESPECIALLY mushrooms and berries. That is a good way to either die, or get so sick you wish you were dead.

you died in 10 minutes because if you keep eating something that get you poisoned ,you die faster and faster

you died in 10 minutes because if you keep eating something that get you poisoned ,you die faster and faster

Its common sense to know not to eat things that poisons you but if some one is desperate for food sometimes ppl do crazy shit. Besides how are we supposed to know whats poison and not without some kind of game guide? lol

Besides how are we supposed to know whats poison and not without some kind of game guide? lol

By people like the original poster who eat the berries and report their findings. 

I'll let the "Into The Wild" people figure out what is poisonous or not...

By people like the original poster who eat the berries and report their findings. 

true but even than there will be some casualties. Would be better to maybe list what kinds in patch notes are poisonous and not. Or at least hint that a small portion can kill you on the tool tip for patch notes.

true but even than there will be some casualties. Would be better to maybe list what kinds in patch notes are poisonous and not. Or at least hint that a small portion can kill you on the tool tip for patch notes.

But where's the fun in that? But it's no biggy. Die of starvation or poisoning on the Exp server. At least the poisoning was sort of educational!

But where's the fun in that? But it's no biggy. Die of starvation or poisoning on the Exp server. At least the poisoning was sort of educational!

lol i guess.

Berries are like the pills in the matrix, whatever you ate, you should have eaten the other ones instead.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

Berries are like the pills in the matrix, whatever you ate, you should have eaten the other ones instead.

Or eat both of them! 

• Like 1

They are not all poisonous.

They have a chance of being poisonous, a pretty good chance actually, but not 100%

The berries are not for random food, they are for when you are starving to death and you dont have a choice, so you either die or take a chance on some berries.

Thats how I see berry picking in DayZ.

Rocket is awesome, trolling us with berries. He's awesome.

So, of fucking course, the best and self proclaimed brightest have come to the post to be assholes and call me stupid for trying to find a new feature. Does anyone want to be constructive and maybe post a picture of a nonpoisonous berry bush?

nah that's not really how shit works around here. dayz forums - come for the bug reporting, stay for the insults to your intelligence

You have no idea what a huge troll Dean is..

He puts M4's on top of buildings you can't get to.

He puts maps and guns inside of life-boats on the side of the Rify crashed ship... the ladders up to these areas do not work.

Devs with a sense of humor are my favorite.

and the ones who make awesome games, i guess xD

but thats metagaming thus considered cheating by a vocal part of the community, right? =)

also, as you die, your new character should not possess the knowledge of your previous incarnations, so the toxicity of berry types should be random like blood type, right? RIGHT GUYS?

/sarcasm

Try a different bush maybe ?

Wow

So helpful

i was spamming bushes.

Sounds like me on a Saturday evening. And i got poisoned to..:(