Sign in to follow this  
thequantum

Does the bipod work when in a crouched/standing position as well?

The bipod only works wend you are lay down on the floor, on crounch or standing the bipod is worthless...

Well basicly it's like the one in real life, no one use the bipod wend you are on a stand/crounch position, unless you have something that can stand the bipod.

Edited by SpiraxSarco

I think it's been said that it negatively affects your accuracy if you're not prone and have the bipod deployed.  Never tested it myself but would assume it's true.

From what I know, it's somewhat confusing.

I remember someone doing tests with it. Apparently (this is from the back of my head), you shoot worse if you use it as intended. The best result someone had was having it on the Mosin (dunno with M4, was Mosin only tests) but not deployed and prone, or so.

Then, I also head from someone that having one on an M4 might totally reduce damage.

So yeah, many myths, odd tests and no real clarity, I think. Would be nice if someone could clear it up.

It'd be nice if you could snap the bipod into position on appropriately sized objects while standing/crouching to get the accuracy bonus. Kinda of like how they do it in the ACE mod for A2.

• Like 1

I think it's been said that it negatively affects your accuracy if you're not prone and have the bipod deployed.  Never tested it myself but would assume it's true.

Like Mike said, I've heard that it only gives a bonus when you're prone AND the bipod is deployed.

I also heard it has a negative effect if the bipod is deployed while standing or crouching.

It'd be nice if you could snap the bipod into position on appropriately sized objects while standing/crouching to get the accuracy bonus. Kinda of like how they do it in the ACE mod for A2.

Indeed, would be pretty awesome if that worked.

Have to be prone, has to be deployed, I don't bother folding mine back up either, no point in doing so last time I checked.