knoCC (DayZ)

Which ONE video made you buy/play DayZ?

There was a great one where a guy and his friend came across another fella on an open road.  That showed me the kind of emergent gameplay available and I dove in.  Couldn't find that one again on YouTube.

This one was the second one I watched; on the DayZ mod website.  Classic.

If you're asking about DayZ standalone, then I just clicked buy... literally 13s after seeing the Twitter announcement.  It is the first game I didn't even read anything about before doing so.  Knee jerk reaction after 1.5 years of anticipation. Edited by Zimtok5
  • Like 3

These videos made me play the mod, the mod made me buy the SA.

Very cool videos. Is nice to see how different videos affect what you like(or don't like) about the game. I noticed also that I have stuck to a certain playing style because of the first video I ever saw about DayZ (which is the vid I posted).

As much shit that is talked about how each person plays the game or how we are supposed to play the game, everybody has chosen a way they want to play and they have the freedom to switch it up if they choose.

Same one!!! Right in the feels..  :beans:

The nighttime, the eerie music, the flare, the dude just scavenging, and them cocky, asshole bandits barking orders...30 seconds in I knew this was the game I'd been waiting for.

These videos made me play the mod, the mod made me buy the SA.

Ditto.  And my response would be the same if talking about DayZ 2. 

(A guy can dream, can't he?)  Every time I see a lighting glitch, my hope grows stronger for a sequel.

Edited by Zimtok5

Back in the day I watched all of Sidestrafes and Frankies DayZ mod videos which convinced me to buy a new pc so I could play the game. However by the time I had bought it the SA had been announced, and also just by watching all those videos I kinda was fed up with the mod already, so it wasn't until the SA alpha was released that I got around to actually buying and playing the game. A decision I have not regretted.

Random video I just happened to click on while trying to research the best graphics/texture mods for Skyrim.  yes yes, I'm late to most parties.  But I saw this video, watched 2 more, then bought it 1 hour later.  I've never seen something like this.  I've always played console or high profile/big budget games (WoW, SC2, SWtOR) so I never really knew something like this could be done.  A game with the only definative goal is to survive, and the tools to do so are in this fucking state sized world where a fair amount of other players are doing the same?  But they aren't the same.  Freedom and fun.  Anyway, this video grabbed me by the tenders and I was instantly hooked.  the more videos I watch, the more I don't want to do things in this shitbox of a real world. 

Then I found out about this forum, and the bug tracker makes me feel like I am a part of this whole process, and even when people tell me to submerge myself in a bathtub and inhale deeply, its like an odd giant family where the brothers love eachother, they know it, never say it, and just beat eachother up all the time.  I've found my place, and no longer want to feed company's like EA or Sony (oops, I love steam!) or Microsoft (don't check the validity of my Windows 8 please!) any more of my money.  

DayZ Forum, I love you guys.  minus combat loggers.

Edited by MuddyRaccoon

I believe it was one of the Sheriff's that sealed it for me.

Didnt watch youtubes about dayz before playing.   A mil sim unit I played with just kind of merged over once the mod came out.  Non the less best dayz video around-

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Started playing Arma and Arma 2 back in the day, heard about the DayZ mod coming, played it... hooked ever since.  Goodtimes!

This has to be one of the first dayz videos. I just randomly found it on youtube and thought it was cool so i got it well i already had arma but downloaded the mod of course.

I have only ever watched one dayz video, it was on this forum earlier this afternoon and featured a female gamer making friends with a hacker in her shameless quest for easy gear. It was embarrassing for her and for all the lonely males who gave their beans and commented in the vain hope she would suddenly find them sexually irresistible.

Watching it was a mistake I now regret and I consider it 5 minutes wasted.

suffice it to say I shall never waste another second watching other people playing a computer game.

now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play dayz while you guys hang around here talking about watching other people play dayz.

Edited by Macdeth

I have only ever watched one dayz video, it was on this forum earlier this afternoon and featured a female gamer making friends with a hacker in her shameless quest for easy gear. It was embarrassing for her and for all the lonely males who gave their beans and commented in the vain hope she would suddenly find them sexually irresistible.

Watching it was a mistake I now regret and I consider it 5 minutes wasted.

suffice it to say I shall never waste another second watching other people playing a computer game

Maybe this will cheer you up...