Sign in to follow this  
Jochendude

Servers with threatening names

Hi,

I was browsing through some servers and was looking for a fairly low populated server.

And i came accross some servers that had some threatening names.

For example: Garantee kick on join, Character will be deleted on join, Join on your own risk char could be deleted,...

Is that for real? or is that just some guy threatening everyone not to join his server, so he can get all the loot?

Can an admin really delete someones character?

Edited by Jochendude

As far as I am aware, no. Your character seems to be saved to the central hive, which a server admin can't touch. If an admin hasn't configured the server properly, and it isn't connected to the Hive properly, it can look like your character was deleted, as you'll spawn fresh on the coast, but you can regain your character by joining a server that is configured properly.

That said, I don't own a server myself, and I can't say I'm any expert on what an admin can and cannot do, so everything I've said here might be complete bull crap. That said, if an admin is going to be a jerk, there are enough servers around that it's simple to take your business elsewhere, which is what I'd suggest.

If you find ANY server that says "Join and be kicked" or something along thoose lines, get the IP and port and report it mate, simple as that :)
Read more about reporting here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

As far as server that says "Join and your char will be deleted", stay away from thoose for now.
Theres been some issues with the server connection to the HIVE on some specific servers, so theres a good chance your character will be deleted/reset, upon joining theese :)

Now i also want to clarify, theres no Private Servers in the SA yet guys, we only have public, unless you find a pirated server somewhere, which i would advise not to join anyway:)

• Like 2

Stay far far away from those servers because it does not sound good.

And yes, if you are talking about private hives, they can delete your character.

They can do a lot more than that.

There are no private hives. So those are definitely empty threads. Attempts by a server abusing admin to get a loot server for themselves.

I see a server everyday called ''Join and i will fist your mother, join = Kick and deletion of character'' 

Just to give the benefit of the doubt, the server may have been having issues with people joining and having their char deleted, and decided to include a warning in the name...

Hi,

I was browsing through some servers and was looking for a fairly low populated server.

And i came accross some servers that had some threatening names.

For example: Garantee kick on join, Character will be deleted on join, Join on your own risk char could be deleted,...

Is that for real? or is that just some guy threatening everyone not to join his server, so he can get all the loot?

Can an admin really delete someones character?

One one hand, there are servers out there, which have currently troubles with their connection to the main hive. Dean posted a list of those servers. Joining them Could result in loss of your character due to a bug. It is possible that some of those servers you mentioned added that to their description to warn you in advance. 

On the other hand, there are privately run servers out there, where the owners want to use their server to gear up and then go to other servers. They are not really legal and I am sure they are going to do something about that soon. It's just a dickish move, to buy a server, level up in private and then go and kill others. That's not what the game is about.

On the other hand, there are privately run servers out there, where the owners want to use their server to gear up and then go to other servers. They are not really legal and I am sure they are going to do something about that soon. It's just a dickish move, to buy a server, level up in private and then go and kill others. That's not what the game is about.

Something has been done already, its called the report feature mate :)

If you come across such a server, its your responsibility to report it, to the benefit of the entire community.

If you dont report such behavior, nothing will ever change tbh.

• Like 2

If you have made the effort to create a thread about it, you really should go the extra length and report the server.

If you follow the instructions in the below thread, you should be able to report the server in less than 5 minutes.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

If you have made the effort to create a thread about it, you really should go the extra length and report the server.

If you follow the instructions in the below thread, you should be able to report the server in less than 5 minutes.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

This is the second link of that thread, he better use it ;)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Just to reiterate - there are no private servers atm and admins cannot kick players for no reason - whether it is a clan server or a supposed PvE.  "They pay for the server" is not a reason to kick whoever they want.

As has been said  - report these servers.

• Like 3

Just to reiterate - there are no private servers atm and admins cannot kick players for no reason - whether it is a clan server or a supposed PvE.  "They pay for the server" is not a reason to kick whoever they want.

As has been said  - report these servers.

Yeh you tell them DemonGroover!!!! :)

Its the new motto for survivors in DayZ:

REPORT, REPORT, REPORT!!!

If you find ANY server that says "Join and be kicked" or something along thoose lines, get the IP and port and report it mate, simple as that :)

Read more about reporting here:

Thanks, I will use that link. I've run into a lot of these servers that say they will kick as well as other servers that kick with no description of being kicked. The latter is very annoying.

Last night i misclicked a server and went on one that says it would kick.

Offcourse after a second i got kicked...

Logged back in, character deleted... and started back at the coast!!!