Sanitöter

Reduce The Common Lag In Dayz [Tutorial]

Guest Dwarden

i'm baffled ... guess some people failed to realize what i posted in #44 ...

so let me try rephrase it

game uses UDP

tweak is for TCP

UDP != TCP (different types of protocols)

in short "urban myth" as it's irrelevant to data packets (that includes TCP traffic)

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

game uses UDP

tweak is for TCP

in short "urban myth" as it's irrelevant to data packets (that includes TCP traff

*sigh* network 101 guys listen to this man

So it works? Will I get banned from Battleye for this? Sorry if it may be a dumb question.

I dont know if battleye dont like it but for me it's just AWESOME

THX THX THX THX.

So what are the side effects of this?

There must be some!

Shorter beards

OMG OP THANK YOU SO MUCH! I NOW HAVE 0 LAGS AND MY PHENOM965 IS RUNNING AT 7GHZ SINCE I DID THIS HACK. ALSO MY WIFE MOVED BACK IN WITH ME AND MY DOG CAME BACK TO LIFE!

THANK YOU OP! HAVE MY BEANS!

edit: and now i've been banned from Battleye. I hate you so much OP your horrible how could you trick ppl do this?

Edited by eldritch

try it out, you will earn more gaming fun ;)

and if someone able to verify it, would be great for sticky / pinned

А можно по русский запилить ни че не понял, а то у меня Дисинхрон 100к может хоть это поможет

people have used this tweak for many mmo games like wow and eve online and it does work

OMG OP THANK YOU SO MUCH! I NOW HAVE 0 LAGS AND MY PHENOM965 IS RUNNING AT 7GHZ SINCE I DID THIS HACK. ALSO MY WIFE MOVED BACK IN WITH ME AND MY DOG CAME BACK TO LIFE!

THANK YOU OP! HAVE MY BEANS!

edit: and now i've been banned from Battleye. I hate you so much OP your horrible how could you trick ppl do this?

troll?

Edited by xquzion

Ok, so I tried it and following happpend to me:

- after I made the changes step by step as you explained very nicely I did the restart and then took about 1 hour break before I logged into Dayz again

- game loaded fast and smooth and I think that the quick access bar commands also went through with better response

- sadly I got kicked then from 5 servers in a row after about 30 to 60 secs because of an authentication error

- I changed all the setting I made before back to value 0 but still got that authentication error

- I did an restart of my PC again and could not login to Steam now, after some investigation Steam told me that it seems I would try to connect with a new unregistered PC and send my that verifying email and changed then my password

- after all was new set up I logged back in to Dayz and no problems with the error

I dont know if it was just bad luck with that authentication error right after I made the changes or what caused it and will try the entire procedure tomorrow again to either confirm or deny any bindings between the "changes" and the "authentication error".    Strange....

Btw, if anyone else has any experience with Steam authentication error please spill the beans as I´m an absolute Steam n00b.

Edited by GrumpyFragger

Pretty disconcerting that none of the devs knew about/tried this fix considering the magnitude of the lag problems in this game

It has nothing to do with the game, it is a tweak on YOUR system.

Nothing negative about what I said...I simply said you will not see a difference to ping or bandwidth as that is not how this works.

ah ok :P but i dont said "no difference between ping and bandwidth" ^^ i say i got no really difference in download speed :) but its ok, happy day :P

Ok, so I tried it and following happpend to me:

- after I made the changes step by step as you explained very nicely I did the restart and then took about 1 hour break before I logged into Dayz again

- game loaded fast and smooth and I think that the quick access bar commands also went through with better response

- sadly I got kicked then from 5 servers in a row after about 30 to 60 secs because of an authentication error

- I changed all the setting I made before back to value 0 but still got that authentication error

- I did an restart of my PC again and could not login to Steam now, after some investigation Steam told me that it seems I would try to connect with a new unregistered PC and send my that verifying email and changed then my password

- after all was new set up I logged back in to Dayz and no problems with the error

I dont know if it was just bad luck with that authentication error right after I made the changes or what caused it and will try the entire procedure tomorrow again to either confirm or deny any bindings between the "changes" and the "authentication error".    Strange....

Btw, if anyone else has any experience with Steam authentication error please spill the beans as I´m an absolute Steam n00b.

hey man, in can understand your doubt! but that has nothing to do with each other, i get authentication fail sometimes, but not because i changed this "settings" :) i get it before and after but only sometimes.

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Yes, it is for warcraft but it does the same thing, it edits the reg files, and it has the ability to undo it so if you dont notice a diffrence you can reverse it.

I was juuuust gonna link this. Singleclick utility to do the same thing. I'm not going to dive into udp/tcp bitching as networking really isn't my forte, but I tend to agree with the wisdom of crowds....

But at the same time, this fix requires a network reboot to implement. Either disable/enable your card or reboot your machine.... so if most of the folks here haven't done that, it might be placebo party.

This fix did noticably improve my rubberbanding and desync in path of exile. I have no idea if it will work here, but either way, it can't hurt much.

stop to link other guides in my own guide, this is absolutly rude and respectless.

just response if its working or not.

Pretty disconcerting that none of the devs knew about/tried this fix considering the magnitude of the lag problems in this game

Devs are not responsible for any reg tweaks or other optimisations you can or should apply to your PC.

stop to link other guides in my own guide, this is absolutly rude and respectless.

just response if its working or not.

Sorry but that's rather pretentious. It's a public forum.

Edited by Irenicus

Done it now.

Will try the game later on and see if it makes a difference. :)

game uses UDP

tweak is for TCP

in short "urban myth" as it's irrelevant to data packets (that includes TCP traffic)

Hey Topic Creator, is this guy right or what?

Hey Topic Creator, is this guy right or what?

Dwarden works for BIS so it's probably safe to assume.

• Like 1