Sanitöter

Reduce The Common Lag In Dayz [Tutorial]

Dwarden works for BIS so it's probably safe to assume.

Yup, if anyone knows anything about the inner workings of the RV engine its Dwarden :)

So yeh, this entire thread just became obsolete hehe, damn :)

Guest Dwarden

{grins from shadow}

btw. the placeboish the effect is even on TCP games (TCPping used tiny packets compared to usual game packets)

not to mention DayZ uses UDP

Didn't work for me, just made my game even worst :(

P.S Re-downloaded it, don't try if you want the pain of re downloading if it doesn't work.

{grins from shadow}btw. the placeboish the effect is even on TCP games (TCPping used tiny packets compared to usual game packets)not to mention DayZ uses UDP

Let's clarify: so it definitely doesn't work, except it definitely does work because objects now appear instantly in my vicinity when I drop them (pre-tweak it took 10-30 secs). So it works.

Except it CAN'T WORK because the engine uses.......... yet it demonstrably does.

So.....uh,...... Ah fuck it.

{grins from shadow}

btw. the placeboish the effect is even on TCP games (TCPping used tiny packets compared to usual game packets)

not to mention DayZ uses UDP

i was trying to wrap my head around the ramifications of the described procedure for UDP streams.. but i have only a B.Sc. in comp science, so i learn new things everyday.. thanks, i feared i has the dumbs now

I tried it today again after last night authentication errors that were not related to the changes.

For me it works, plain and simple, be it placebo effect or not, quick access bar is more responsive and hitting tab gets me an insta popup now.

I was trying to wrap my head around people saying it works for them??? and the 3 pages of bull after a bis dev told you all how it was????

un'fucking'believable

I tried it today again after last night authentication errors that were not related to the changes.

For me it works, plain and simple, be it placebo effect or not, quick access bar is more responsive and hitting tab gets me an insta popup now.

how does it work then?

Hi.

I personally would trust Dwardens knowledge about the RV engine. He's been helping people optimize their ArmA games for a long time.

To the people that say they notice the difference in game though, are you sure you weren't just testing on a less laggy server or experiencing less lag at the time? I know I personally have never experienced action bar lag and have only had a delayed response when dropping objects a handful of times, it's generally instant, unless dropping them inside a building.

Regards.

• Like 1

Hi.

I personally would trust Dwardens knowledge about the RV engine. He's been helping people optimize their ArmA games for a long time.

To the people that say they notice the difference in game though, are you sure you weren't just testing on a less laggy server or experiencing less lag at the time? I know I personally have never experienced action bar lag and have only had a delayed response when dropping objects a handful of times, it's generally instant, unless dropping them inside a building.

Regards.

you must be very lucky then, i got lag all the time and gear disappeared for a good 20 seconds almost every time for me. i also see streamers having the same problem a lot.

I tested it on the same 2 servers I allways play with about 35/40 load and me being in Svetlojarsk, the most laggy place on the map for me so far.

I made this registry tweak as well, and the hot bar has always been laggy for me from the very beginning. I used to have to right click food items multiple times to get the eat menu, and spam my key to place my weapon in my hands. I have no idea how TCP or UDP packets work, or have no reason to mistrust anyone that works for BIS or random guys posting about registry tweaks in these forums. I did however experience a greatly improved responsiveness with the bar and eat menu, etc. If it's just a placebo, I'm happy in my ignorant bliss... seems to work great for me.

I made this registry tweak as well, and the hot bar has always been laggy for me from the very beginning. I used to have to right click food items multiple times to get the eat menu, and spam my key to place my weapon in my hands. I have no idea how TCP or UDP packets work, or have no reason to mistrust anyone that works for BIS or random guys posting about registry tweaks in these forums. I did however experience a greatly improved responsiveness with the bar and eat menu, etc. If it's just a placebo, I'm happy in my ignorant bliss... seems to work great for me.

I'm with this guy, I don't know shit about all the TCP or UDP packets ect ect. 

I don't know if servers magically stopped having lag right after I did this and restarted my pc or what, but after I changed it I have never had weapon bar lag, or lag when using food/water so far. 

The servers I was having weapon bar lag and stuff on, I always pinged 30-50 and still had that bar/food lag. Now I still ping 30-50 and have never ran into that lag yet. 

Placebo or not, I'm happy and had no problems what so ever by doing this. 

Also to you guys who said stuff about it dropping dl speed, before I got 60mb down and 10 up and I still have the exact same speed after. 

you people are all so disrespectful. you link some programs in here, you link other guides here.

i made this guide that YOU can change this settings WITHOUT a third party programm, that you DONT RUN RISK with a trojan or something other shit in the internet! you dont need a third party programm for this.

and i dont understand the Board Mods they just allow this postings with third party programm tools or some other guide links. guys open your own thread, dont fuck me up.

i just want to do some good to this fucking community and you just treat with contempt.

@Board Mods: Delete the link posts and close it, thanks. this guide is not there to pounce at about

Edited by Sanitöter

you people are all so disrespectful. you link some programs in here, you link other guides here.

i made this guide that YOU can change this settings WITHOUT a third party programm, that you DONT RUN RISK with a trojan or something other shit in the internet! you dont need a third party programm for this.

and i dont understand the Board Mods they just allow this postings with third party programm tools or some other guide links. guys open your own thread, dont fuck me up.

i just want to do some good to this fucking community and you just treat with contempt.

@Board Mods: Delete the link posts and close it, thanks. this guide is not there to pounce at about

Wow

Wow

He is kind of right tho'. Imagine a tv commercial about a drink then during it another commercial just interrupts it saying "Fuck the first drink, buy mine" lol.

I will try this out too.

@ OP

Let me just put you in your place.

This is a Public Forum, people have the right to post alternatives to your supposedly unique guide whether you like it or not.

You have been reporting every post that you deem to be counter productive to what you believe is a solution to a certain problem.

You have also reported Dwarden, a BIS developer who has been coding  the RV engine for many years, this is a completely pretentious stance that you have taken and is proof of your inability to accept or even discuss the subject in anyway whatsoever.

If some believe that they have gained in performance using the tweaks you have posted, good for them but do not forget that the game is being constantly worked on and updated, (not always visible to players when connecting to a server).

Your attitude is unacceptable.

Locked.

• Like 4