KC_Admiral

Cannot Use An Item (E.g. Drink/eat) If It Is "ruined"

Please increase their durability so items are not entirely wiped out because of a single rifle shot.  Not everything should be destroyed.

• Like 3

A rifle shot would ruin a can of food or bottle of water. LOL

So shooting someone in the face should destroy everything in their backpack??  I agree some items should be ruined but not everything.  

• Like 7

Don't know if this would be possible due to server limitations and performance.

Yes. Some items should be ruined and some items should keep their condition level. After all, a rifle bullet is not size of a cannonball. It shouldn't obliterate everything a guy is carrying.

• Like 3

Yes. Some items should be ruined and some items should keep their condition level. After all, a rifle bullet is not size of a cannonball. It shouldn't obliterate everything a guy is carrying.

Hehe, no doubt but a lot of people have this idea in their head that if they go full auto while scoped in that all their bullets are magically hitting the exact same spot and not riddling the player and items full of holes.

• Like 2

they will fix that and damage just the items in the spot hitted

How about an infected person biting or clawing a scope or other metal piece of equipment and ruining it? Were their teeth and fingernails replaced with titanium? 

Agreed, this really needs their attention. Making every item they are carrying unusable because you shoot them once in the head is ridiculous.

And yes, shooting someone anywhere on the body will ruin everything, no we are not mindlessly spraying their body full with holes, 1 shot in the head will often break their pants with all loot.

Hoorah! This is a good thing and proves that Dean and co is going in the direction he envisioned.

Maybe durability needs to be worked on, maybe not. I don't kos so I am unsure what affects have when the bullet hits the body. When I have survived a bullet to the body all my gear was not ruined.

Hehe, no doubt but a lot of people have this idea in their head that if they go full auto while scoped in that all their bullets are magically hitting the exact same spot and not riddling the player and items full of holes.

I think this applies?

Remember balancing comes later, if there is a problem reassure it will be fixed later.

You shoudent be able to fill ruined bottles/canteens.

The percentage of edible Food in a can should be determined by the state its in:

100% = pristine

80% = worn

60% = damaged

30% = badly damaged

ruined should only contain, if even anything, 5-10%

PLUS the modifyers depending on what you have to open it.

The whole "wear on items" needs more depth.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

It should ruined everything. To pissed bandits off and making killing innocent people a bad idea.

Its not true that the whole inventory gets damaged, it depends on the place of impact.

If my upper body is shot -> vest/chest and sometimes my backpack is ruined.

If my lower body is shot -> only trousers are ruined.

If my head is shot -> Don't know, never survived that one... but I think aside from Helmets/Glasses nothing gets damaged. 

The items which are inside of a ruined clothing-pieces are automatically switching to ruined condition.

I always have my most precious stuff inside of protection boxes, inside of a ruined clothing those boxes only switch to heavily damaged.

The items inside of the box will stay in their own condition as long as the box is not ruined.

Edited by YassirX

Rocket said he'll give items HP, so for example if you get hit by an M4 bullet, doing 3k damage, a protector case with 2000 hp and 2 cans of beans with each 500hp will get ruined, but the rest of the items will not.

Yeah yeah, banditry yadayada. Irrelevant.

Not true, I have witnessed pants being pristine looking until the body hits the floor at which point they become ruined, from shooting someone in the chest.

I don't know if there is additional damage towards the clothing if a player dies... when I survived my encounters, this is what I have discovered.

Only time where all my gear was ruined was when someone hit my with a firefighter axe, after that encounter all my clothing was ruined.

I think that a single bullet should only destroy a certain number of backpack/shirt/pants etc slots, and a group is randomly (or using impact point) chosen when a bullet hits you.

eg.

1 mosin shot might ruin 6 slots

1 m4 shot might ruin 4 slots

1 pistol shot might ruin 2 slots etc etc

and each bullet compounds the damage, so if you get hit buy 2 or more bullets, more and more slots are ruined with each bullet.

So shooting someone in the face should destroy everything in their backpack??  I agree some items should be ruined but not everything.  

Good job that doesnt happen in the game then...... Every player ive head shotted / leg shotted to date has had undamaged gear on the remainder of their body (provided it wasnt damaged prior to death).

I'm so glad the ruined status actually means something now, Ive never used any usable ruined food/drink so far on purpose as ive been concentrating on testing survivability based on the current loot distribution. Ive survived quite easily so far ignoring food or drink that is damaged or worse.

Next step is to get some infections implemented for drinking non waterpump water sources, the abundance of clean drinkning water is a bit easymode atm.

Edited by Easy_Tiger

Good job that doesnt happen in the game then...... Every player ive head shotted / leg shotted to date has had undamaged gear on the remainder of their body

We must not be playing the same game, I have point blank shot a guy in the head with a mosin while he lay down (cos I am nice like that) and everything on him was insta ruined ... that single round of ammo must of ricocheted up and down his body Daaaaam

• Like 1

We must not be playing the same game, I have point blank shot a guy in the head with a mosin while he lay down (cos I am nice like that) and everything on him was insta ruined ... that single round of ammo must of ricocheted up and down his body Daaaaam

The gear he had may have already been ruined, also which angle did you shoot him from, if he was prone and you shot him directly in the face from the front then the round potentially would have passed through his head and then through his backpack/ torso depending on the round trajectory.

Currently, though, shooting someone in the foot ruins everything in their backpack. It's broken.