Sign in to follow this  
bfisher

Do New Players Not Understand How Hard Core This Shit Is?

Hardcore has F all to do with shooting bambies on sight, this game is getting unbelievable, I cant go anywhere without being shot. To all the newbies just dont buy this POS game right now, nobody has anything better to do then practice their aim on ANYBODY and the power tripping OMG. Its a game, one more person tells me to get on the ground when I dont even have a backpack, weapon, food or drink? Honestly alot of these players need to get a F***ing life. I hope the amount of people that play this drastically drop from the same frustration I am feeling... Go up north you say? (Boring as f**k) Play on low pop servers you say? (Doesnt matter all the server hoppers have all the loot) F**king game is terribly broken right now. I know everyone is going to have something negative to say, but I know in your hearts you feel the same way.

Until shit is fixed and people actually have a goal either then make it to an airfield or military base then server hop, rinse and repeat. Im out, and trust me I know nobody cares, nobody cares but their own experience, which will be terrible and full of frustration. FYI I loved this game, said it every post but I cant anymore, Im going to devote my time to a game where you actually get rewarded for playing.

Sooooo, you're gonna start playing "Leisure Suit Larry: Virtual Adventures in Male Fisting"?

I'm actually going to miss people with thermal AS50's on sniper hill in Elektro. That constant fear in the back of your mind.

• Like 1

I'm actually going to miss people with thermal AS50's on sniper hill in Elektro. That constant fear in the back of your mind.

Oh, I think there will be snipers there, probably with night vision gears later on. Not as lethal as the thermal ones, but maybe that's some consolation.

These days, even NWA is like Sesame Street.

Oh, I think there will be snipers there, probably with night vision gears later on. Not as lethal as the thermal ones, but maybe that's some consolation.

These days, even NWA is like Sesame Street.

Unless, these days, you go there at night.  Shit is spooky. LMFAO  Just wait 'til it is overrun with zombies, when you get there.  Every time.

But fug that thermal shit. NVG is fine, but the thermal optics were the definition of OP, and rather boring, for that matter.

Great post, OP BTW  Brings back all the good and bad memories. :thumbsup: :beans:

You should have said, "The DayZ SA will be hardcore at some point".  As it is in the current state, it's far from hardcore.  You can easily be kitted with a backpack full of food and supplies to get you on your way in about 15 mins.   

* I can see you.  Seriously.  It freaks me out because I figure if you have no idea I'm watching you, who the fuck might be watching me right now!?

* If loot wasn't sort of rare, it wouldn't be a survival game.  It'd be a picking shit up off the ground game.

I love watching people. When I'm feeling friendly and/or not feeling confident in determining my kentucky windage I'll just be a little voyeur.

I think guns and ammo should be so rare only a few people on the server would have them, and even less should have enough ammo to fill a clip or magazine.

Oh, no wonder my loadouts with my favorite quickscope sniper and secondary rocket launcher... when will c130 strikes be added for a 10 killstreak? :O

* This is a game of long hours of lonely tedium, interspersed with moments of profound terror followed by either elation or bitter rage.

This should be a box quote. Belongs on the Steam page. Someone get on that.

Imo the whole fear of loosing all found loot by dying makes this game stand out above other games,

in which so called "rare" loots are allover the place and respawn within a few minutes.

It forces me to play cautious at times , which just makes sense considering the grim "reality" of greedy,

bloodthirsty, psycopathic bandits roaming around also.

But i personally do hope there will be some kind of option in the future that allows a player to

e.g. dig a hole in the ground and bury a crate/box with some food/ammo stash.

Thats something rl preppers/survivalists do apparantly, so it imo will add to the immersive feeling of survivaling in this game.

100% agreed.  are you my twin?

* You go to known military weapon spawns and are surprised someone KoS you?  What were YOU doing there?  Dropping of donations to UNICEF?

best line. overall great topic/post. so many beans your way, unfortunately i can only give u one

I'm wondering if players who are new to the standalone simply just don't know how hard core this shit is.

I've been playing the mod off and on for a bit over a year.  Before I even downloaded the mod, I already had some expectations from message boards and YouTube videos.

So for players who are new to the standalone who are thinking about crying because they keep getting killed:

* You will most likely die within 15 minutes (based off of actual server statistics)

* Until you know what you're doing, you will struggle to find weapons, medicine, food and drink.

* Nearly everyone you meet will be outfitted like a Spetsnaz death squad with silenced automatic weapons.  If this were the mod, they would probably also have a helicopter gunship.

* Back in the day there was always a sniper with a thermal scoped .50 cal rifle at Cherno, Elektro and NWAF.  Stary, Balota and the corridor between Kamenka and NWAF were no picnic either.

* If someone offered you a ride, it was probably to drop you off in the middle of nowhere and kill you.  They would also probably rape you if that was a feature in the game.

* Your biggest threats are other players, opening doors, ladders, rocks, zombies, thirst, hunger 

* Back in the day, you had a fair chance of dying from simply being instakilled or dropped into a Thunderdome by a hacker.   

* Even someone who is friendly will likely turn on you when the opportunity presents itself.

* You go to known military weapon spawns and are surprised someone KoS you?  What were YOU doing there?  Dropping of donations to UNICEF?

* I can see you.  Seriously.  It freaks me out because I figure if you have no idea I'm watching you, who the fuck might be watching me right now!?

* If loot wasn't sort of rare, it wouldn't be a survival game.  It'd be a picking shit up off the ground game.

* This is a game of long hours of lonely tedium, interspersed with moments of profound terror followed by either elation or bitter rage.

I just started playing about a week ago. I played OFP and ARMA series for years. I hear what your saying to an extent, yes this is a military simulator engine. Combat wise its meant to be unforgiving and to reflect reality. I'm a former Marine and will say that tactics used in ARMA 1,2 and OFP a vary similar to real life. As far as the weapons go there pretty watered down for gaming though. Same with helocopters, trucks armor, planes ect ect ect ect. Their also watered down for gaming. You also have to be in tip top shape to be in infantrymen in the real world, and exp some pretty serous hard ships. Which your not going to see in ARMA. Over all I think in ARMA 1,2 and OFP are really good combat sims and is as way for your average person to get a glimps of kind of what combat might be like. Lets be honest here. 

Day Z I saw on "Armaholic" about a year ago. I really have no interest in zombie stuff or city life mods either. But then I noticed DayZ was really getting popular among pc gamers. Once it became standalone I tried it.

My Thoughts.

PROS: It keeps me on my toes. I also like some of the comedy that happens, there is some pretty funny random stuff that happens. I like the prox voice chat really cool. Although I don't trust anyone lolol I like the survival aspect. I really enjoy the navigation challenges, that's really adds a pretty to true to life feel to it. I get allot of satisfaction out of that. I love the health system adds a sense of urgency to your situation. Day Z TV has some really cool resources and maps. Its helped me a great deal. 

CONS: I'm sorry but some  of bandits that prey on fresh spawns are just pretty low. It happens more often then not, I'm afraid to say. Atleast fatten them up a little. Im pretty much learned to trust no one. I'm to the point now were I'm attack on sight or run on sight, I dont even bother talking to people anymore. No point. I'm thinking, "I can be really mean and nasty too". Also I'm really wanting to see more "survival" stuff, more then just collecting cans and finding wells and pawns. Also what happened with the hunter stands? Why did they take the loot out of those. The Zombies honestly are just more annoying pests to me then anything, I want to see more to them. Maybe even make it so if attacked you can turn into one. 

Really I want to see more options. I want to have the option head to the forests, hunt survive off the land ect ect. And just avoid citys if I feel like it. I would love to see some fort building too.  I saw that Day Z mod has that. It seems to have allot of cool features that stand alone does not. So hopefully that will come in future.patches. I also want to see more cutom stuff that you can do to your default avatar. Like beards and more of a survivalist look. Clean cut is not how picture it he he

In a way I see what your saying. Its meant to be challenging and what better engine to have a survival game on. New players should know that. I agree. But preying on new spawns and new players honestly is a good way to get a really nasty review early on. It should be looked down at, but dosn't seem to be. Let me tell you standalone does not at all roll out a wellcome mat for new players. If it really is meant to be that way, then more horror needs to be added to it. So at least its like a scary movie feel for new players. And give them the fear of being chased even more. So at least they get a good shock out of it lol

Edited by CJFlint

Not that I complain about being killed at military spawns, but those guns & equipment are useful against the flesh eating monsters that used to be our friends and family.

Just cause I'm at NWAF with an M4 in my hands doesn't mean I want to kill you.

Not that I complain about being killed at military spawns, but those guns & equipment are useful against the flesh eating monsters that used to be our friends and family.

Just cause I'm at NWAF with an M4 in my hands doesn't mean I want to kill you.

Best thing against the zombies is the firemans axe

Best thing against the zombies is the firemans axe

These guys all had revolvers, and it was still more 'hardcore'.   Not to mention, the most hilarious DayZ footage, to date. :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ&list=ELUrdXMdAo_3A

Edited by AlfalphaCat

Hardcore has F all to do with shooting bambies on sight, this game is getting unbelievable, I cant go anywhere without being shot. To all the newbies just dont buy this POS game right now, nobody has anything better to do then practice their aim on ANYBODY and the power tripping OMG. Its a game, one more person tells me to get on the ground when I dont even have a backpack, weapon, food or drink? Honestly alot of these players need to get a F***ing life. I hope the amount of people that play this drastically drop from the same frustration I am feeling... Go up north you say? (Boring as f**k) Play on low pop servers you say? (Doesnt matter all the server hoppers have all the loot) F**king game is terribly broken right now. I know everyone is going to have something negative to say, but I know in your hearts you feel the same way.

Until shit is fixed and people actually have a goal either then make it to an airfield or military base then server hop, rinse and repeat. Im out, and trust me I know nobody cares, nobody cares but their own experience, which will be terrible and full of frustration. FYI I loved this game, said it every post but I cant anymore, Im going to devote my time to a game where you actually get rewarded for playing.

You should play with other People. The dynamics change drasticly. Also..there is no GOAL. You have to set it yourself. *and going to airfields and then hop for "ze engame badass Military lootz" is a s boring as you describe it*

We try to do that in that we visit towns we havent been to in a while or try to find other People and see how the interaction turns out.

You seem to be stuck in a box and its up to you to get outside of it. ( oh and...yeah...see you.... :D )

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

oh yeah, this 'shit' is super hardcore. I mean, I have to click my mouse a few times, press buttons on my keyboard and all. Totally. Hardcore.

Some of you guys make me laugh with how seriously you take this game, you're like babies discovering that you have a hand, and you have control over that hand. Don't let my sarcastic remarks get you down, I mean, I love your passion and wish you the best of luck and fun when you play this game you obviously love. This is a video game though, it's not 'hardcore shit'.

carry on.

I'm pretty sure everyone else here understands that we are talking in the context of a videogame.  So really, you just make yourself sound like a massive tool.

• Like 1

specially these two

This shit isn't hardcore at all...hope it turns though :D

You forgot the part about 90% infection rate whenever a zombie hit you in 1.7.7.1.. Where everyone was infected all the time, and finding Antibiotics could be a week long process..Where you had to keep eating beef steaks just to keep your color from fading to black.. Where if you found a tent with 3 Antibiotics stashed in it, you were more happy than the time you shot that guy on sniper hill and stole his RangeFinders and NVG's.

Something I'd like to remind everyone of:

You are not a person in DayZ.. You are a mobile loot pile that MIGHT be able to shoot back.. If you're good.

There are no owners in DayZ, only 'users'.. You do not own your vehicles, your inventory, or whatever is/was in your tent. You're just using that stuff until someone takes it from you, or it gets destroyed... And it will get taken from you, and it will get destroyed.

For those of you who are whining now: I recommend you either grow a pair or quit the game now and go play something that suits you better. If you're struggling in the current incarnation of DayZ SA, then you will HATE this game by the time it goes Gold.

DayZ SA is a walk in the park compared to certain versions of the mod.

Edited by Etherimp

Keep dreaming. L.A. Noire will always keep that place.

But yeah, I'm kind of new. 110 hours played, and know the map. And stalk the developers watching for new features. The first times I got fully geared I was so worried about losing it.

Now..I get fully geared in little time and go PVP like crazy so I can be an ugly newspawn with stuff to do again.

And I love it.

The map is very little though. Or at least. Has very little interesting locations where to find loot. And loot keeps getting harder to find. So as much as I don't want to, I'll probably get bored of the ''See these abandoned little towns off the coast? Loot those, keep following main road, get to military base, loot. And PVP, untill you have the best of the best gear, take a pic of it happening a 100th time, and get killed.''

Start over. DayZ is nice as long as you have the time and patience for it. There's lots of things that keep me playing DayZ. Graphics, item detail, unique locations, HUMAN player interaction where you can see how much of an assholes the human race can be when it comes to survivng at it's FINEST. You're presencing some GOOD QUALITY PC GAMING PEOPLE.

Edited by skin_head_army