Your play style  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which Play style is yours

• Stealth, no interaction with others
    • Fast, no interaction with others
    • Stealth, interaction with others
    • Fast, interaction with others
    • Other (please specify in comments)

If any of you have read on the last topics, you would have seen me get into a debate about play styles. Mine being called stupid, and a death sentence. So, here is mine...

-I move quickly straight down the main road from my spawn to Elektro, talk with others, get an update on bandit activity in the area. Spend 2 dayz looting, stay away from people. Use the woods to escape un-noticed. Once a good distance, sprint all out till half way to Cherno, where a group of homes surround a water pump. Fill canteens, and drink around 30 times. Continue sprinting, land in Cherno. Stealth up to those warehouse like factories where one can easily find some handguns, server hop till I find one (leave me alone on the hopping, I know full well of your dislike). Head out to Balota, stealth along the tree-line, and secure an M4, and ammunition. Head to the camp, gather parts. Head all the way back to spawn, help out bambis. Get bored with my gear, give it all to some new-spawn, and start all over again.

Oh, and if I find handcuffs, i'll have some fun with them XD

-post your style after voting!

• Like 1

I say I like to do stealth with interaction with others however it seems most of the interaction with others seems to be bandits that kill me on site.

Every time I've gotten to a point where I can survive for awhile a bullet from a sniper gets me.

When me and a friend do come across somebody we see they either shoot us or Say hi then run away.

Everyone is paranoid.

I tend to adapt to my environment.. Sometimes I play fast, sometimes slow. I typically try to interact with others, but I think I'm going to be a lot more careful with that. I've been shot in the back twice after helping the person out, and just 30 minutes ago, a new spawn tried to knock me out after pretending he couldn't see the beans, water, and can opener I laid on the ground for him. Dude started using me as a punching bag while I was dealing with the gear I laid out trying to figure it out.

nobody's satisfied with a free lunch anymore.

I don't understand why newspawns attack fully-greared.

Guessing it's that 'I got nothing to lose' attitude, god players these dayz, back in my day, we had something called diginity. We tell you were gonna kill ya before we don go don it!

I stick to the woods for the most part and avoid the coast. I have a few friends I play with but there are too many idiots in the cities and airfields. There are other places to loot that don't attract nearly as much attention and are almost as good, especially if you are patient. Once I leave the coast I rarely see other players. If I were to start seeing other players where I am then it's time for me to find a new territory to patrol.

Stealth?? By far the most other players I see are running around like a headless chicken and wonder why they get killed when they are running without a weapon in their hands or better: The lonewolfs who have to drop the gun in their hands first :D:D:D .

i guess I never met one of the real stealthy ones

Edited by deewd22

Stealth?? By far the most other players I see are running around like a headless chicken and wonder why they get killed when they are running without a weapon in their hands or better: The lonewolfs who have to drop the gun in their hands first :D:D:D .

Hence the word stealthy....

If you ever get shot in the head from out of nowhere it was probably me.

Depends on goals I have in mind when login in.

If I feel like exploring to get to know my surroundings better its the Random Runner style,

named after the gambling machine in rl, which is programmed to make the player LOOSE 99 out of 100 times basicly.

(Born to loose, live to win! )

other Styles Ive tried sofar and their obviously failing outcomes :

Anarchist style :  not obeying any commands people yell at me, especially when their voice sounds like a teenager on too much energy drink.

Yes im aware that I'll probably get shot in the back of my head, but id rather die then obey strangers on a powertrip.

Still wonder if shooting unarmed newcomers actually displays power or just sheer fear of loosing all of that gear in an oldfashioned man to man, or in this case armed kid to unarmed man, fistfight!

The book of Eli(e) style : wearing sunglasses and quoting bible passages at bandits who are trying to rob me with pantsgreedyness in their voice.

Too bad I didnt have that razorsharp machette alike weapon as in the movie though, but hey, if kids love robbing my pants, who am I to take that dubious joy from m, luckily I wasnt attached to my pants anyway, I actually pissed them when getting chased by Zombies.

Insane Hermit style : Speaking incoherent jibberish hoping this will confuse other humans so much that they will just shake their heads and think "im not gonna waste my precious rare ammo on this pantless fool" and run on in their neverending hunger for more pants.

Or perhaps even feel sorry for me and pass me at least a can of beer or a cannister of selfmade moonshine (no clue if thats possible for now, but one gots to have dreams/hopes )

Once i get familiar with the land and its inhabintants Ill probably choose for a more serious survival style though, but being a noob atm I sort of feel free enough to experiment with different approaches when running into other humans.

Basicly for me letting go of the greedyness and fear of loosing loot prefends me from becoming a revenge seeking crybaby I guess.

Less is more !

• Like 3

I usually play stealthy with some player interaction, depending on where I am and how they seem to act. It's worked out pretty well so far; I haven't died in maybe 3 weeks and just lost one character due to the last patch. This isn't including when I wasn't really trying to survive when the patch initially came out. :)  I usually loot smaller cities and, if I need to, make quick trips to the smaller military bases near Pavlovo or Vybor. A few time's I've gotten lonely ventured to Elektro/Berezino  :D 

I've realized that it's a bit more rewarding to be stealthy in Hardcore mode because no one is able to see you over walls and around corners despite your knowledge. This makes things like scouting and tactical movement more effective. It's awesome.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Depends. If I decide to play survival I do it fast and with interaction and if a threat pops up I expect to get shot so I shoot first, otherwise friendly. If I play pure KoS/cunt, I go to Elektro on a full server with the team and we do it fast with "interaction".

That's the whole point. You don't see them... xD

• Like 2

I tend to stick to the woods and sneak around alone a lot, but love player interaction when I can find friendly people.

I guess I'm a friendly hermit type lol.

Only KoS'd once, and it was a fresh spawn I saw run up and attack a player who was drinking water. Not sure if that's technically KoS though.

I also never back stab other players teamed with me, but I don't trust them much or hang around for long. Sooner or later I log out before they can do me in. 

• Like 2

I prefer playing as a lone wolf. running around for km's with someone else isn't something I'd like to do (I've done it before and got bored). I have my own style of play and like to keep it that way. 

First thing my friend and I are going to do when we get M4's, is to head back to Elektro, climb the tallest building. He'll shoot everything that moves, and I will preach as loud as I can...Like, I'll look up a bible passage about peace, and repeat it XD Who wants in?

Edited by Tumbleweed707

I go around with my friends and sometimes stealthy sometimes not. Our gameplay depends day by day, we try not to do always the same things, also i do often jokes on other players, like singing, saying stupid things or doing pranks, scaring them coming outside of nowhere, stuff like that   :P

Edited by Tulk4s
  • Like 2

I go around with my friends and sometimes stealthy sometimes not. Our gameplay depends day by day, we try not to do always the same things, also i do often jokes on other players, like singing, saying stupid things or doing pranks, scaring them coming outside of nowhere, stuff like that   :P

Things like that are what make the game enjoyable for other players.

If any of you have read on the last topics, you would have seen me get into a debate about play styles. Mine being called stupid, and a death sentence. So, here is mine...

I didn't call your playstyle stupid, I really don't care how you play. I called your suggestion stupid and that's a big difference.

But please go on and send more new players which already are complaining about dying, along the coast through elektro,cherno to balota.

Stealth with minor interaction with others, i don't like being a bandit.

• Like 3

My son and I play together and we try to stay un-observed. We play slow and stealthy 90% of the time. While we have interacted with others, it's not our preferred style, choosing to stay out of the way most of the time instead. We have both had occasion to die which has required the geared one (usually my son) to guard the corpse and take critical gear (aka M4 + magazines) while the respawn (usually me) sprints from the respawn point to the nearest watering hole, drinks like a drunk mule, then sprints full out to my corpse (and hopefully my gear), stopping only to eat if and when it's required. This can be quite thrilling, but it's not what I prefer to do. We like to hang out up North because the towns are further apart from each other and it's less likely you'll run into others and you're close to the air field if and when you need to stock up on ammo or replace a busted scope/silencer/acog, etc.

• Like 1

I usually play stealth when I am by myself and avoid others as much as possible... unless I can get the upper hand and surprise someone. Then I shoot first and ask no questions later. I rarely ever talk to anyone in game that I do not know personally... I learned very early on that any random person you talk to will stab you in the back given the chance.

• Like 1

Usually, use the environment to keep me hidden. If I see someone, I track them. If I need food, ammo, etc...I hunt and kill them, loot their body.

Btw- I dont consider this being a bandit. I consider it an opportunistic style of play. Bandits kill just for shits and giggles. I kill to stock up, to get what I dont have, which enables me to survive longer.

Best is rolling with 5+ friends of mine. Very tactical. We go after players geared who start battles and shoot bambis.

I also shoot bambis when they get within 50ft of me. They are usually up to no good coming in that close after repeated warnings.

Edited by DirtyscumbagLith
  • Like 1