rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

Hi guys

I noticed another bug with the "stuffed" status. Sometimes it does not disappear and you can be "thirsty", "hungry" and "stuffed" at same time. I can see the status "stuffed" is bugged because i didn t have messages : "My stomach feels completely full" or other messages about my stuffed stomach

"Healing" also does not go away after becoming healthy allowing you to have: 

"Healing, Healthy, Stuffed, Hydrated, Energized" 

i don´t really get the " WE NEED VEHICLES QQ" kids...

do they think that they will spawn, see a car, hop into it and drive around ???

did they ever play the vanilla mod ? do they have ANY idea how hard it was and will be to find a car AND repair it ??

i remember when we (3ppl) found our first car and tried to repair it. it took us HOURS to get the parts to the car and repair it.

when we did repair it we were shot after driving it for 5mins because everybody hears you from miles away.

the tears when cars are introduced to the SA will be hilarious. i am so looking forward to the rage / QQ threads :)

Yeah and then everyone will be bitching because they want their cars to log out with them so they can protect them and never lose them. So many tears are coming.

• Like 3

Also a slow day for you? :D

As a European I use metric system and for me 1 mile is equal to 1.5km, but I promise to check my calculations with google before posting it on DayZ forums :D

I use metric as well, 1 mile equals 1.609km no matter where you are.

Slow day for me too... Monday and all!

Hope we get a quick patch today in experimental to fix the machete spawn, this should be done just for me.

If it does get fixed today thanks in advance; if not worst devs ever! sarcasm

Edited by twingunz

Slow day for me too... Monday and all!

Somehow 1.5 is easier to remember.

Hi guys

I noticed another bug with the "stuffed" status. Sometimes it does not disappear and you can be "thirsty", "hungry" and "stuffed" at same time. I can see the status "stuffed" is bugged because i didn t have messages : "My stomach feels completely full" or other messages about my stuffed stomach

DayZ's Rocket had this to say about this in a previous post:

"Not a bug, it's by design. Stuffed doesn't mean "not hungry" it just means you need to throw up some more."

Hope this helps! Now go and throw up!

There are and has been numerous different measurement systems using the term "mile" for very different units of length, so that is strictly speaking not true.

"Not a bug, it's by design. Stuffed doesn't mean "not hungry" it just means you need to throw up some more."

now, iam confused.

I'm pretty sure the DE hardcore experimental servers are not rebooting properly. I think I've seen the same shirt in the same place every time I've tried to loot a particular building since saturday night.

Also a slow day for you? :D

As a European I use metric system and for me 1 mile is in my head 1 mile was equal to 1.5km, but I promise to check my calculations with google before posting it on DayZ forums :D

Not really, and I'm "European" too I am also an Engineering student and as such I cannot agree to changing a mile to 1,5 Km simply because it's easier to remember. Do you realize what would happen if someone would make a sat nav that rounds up units ?

Somehow 1.5 is easier to remember.

Again you cannot cut 109 meters off a unit simply because it's easier to remember, it does not work like that.

And this my friends is a great proof that metric system is far superior. Because in every country using it a km is the same, metre is the same etc. and miles and yards are different in different countries.

Also I don't need to throw up when I eat too much, yea I feel less than comfortable, yes I can't move my ass off the chair but I don't vomit. Because normal people don't shove food down their throat once they are full, so they might get bit stuffed but not to the point you vomit. Unless you're a 300 kg pile of fat.

First of, nice updates and fixes!!

Spawns: Loot spawn tweaks in some civilian structures

Does this mean that there now is loot in the dark woodlog cabins and the high rise 1st floor type buildings?

Have you fixed the doorways? In some buildings you get stuck in the door opening while standing, but when you crouch you can get through the door.

Animation/hotbar, when I take an item in hands it goes on the hotbar or when I put stuff from my backpack onto my hotbar and I drink or eat a one time use item the item ghost stays on the hotbar and have to manually remove it from the hotbar.

Oh and please implement a "consume all" option.

Edited by MCRoadkill

Just to add in my 2 cents... I could care less about vehicles. If the development team said... "We've made a big decision and have decided to not add any vehicles in DayZ SA now or in the future", I'd be perfectly fine with that. Maybe even a little happy. With the speed of running what it is... I feel I get around quite quickly. I can easily get down to the coast to meet a friend even when I'm up at NW. I'm not frustrated by running around in the slightest.

• Like 3

Seems odd. I think this whole system is terribly buggy. Here's what happened to me: Spawned, ate rice and drank water till I was full, got the "stuffed" indicator, puked, "stuffed" indicator did not go away. Then I almost immediately started dying of dehydration and just barely managed to find a pipsi in time. Then I ate and drank till I was full again, however, this time I did not puke but got the "hydrated", "energized" and "healthy" indicators. After several hours of real-time game play with very little food, the "stuffed" indicator is still there, as are  the "energized" and "healthy" indicators. Only my thirst seems to go down, but only slightly.

30 seconds sit down? Nah...

If we want to talk about realism, then our character should sit down permanently on the server until we log back in.

Realism baby!

Just to add in my 2 cents... I could care less about vehicles. If the development team said... "We've made a big decision and have decided to not add any vehicles in DayZ SA now or in the future", I'd be perfectly fine with that. Maybe even a little happy. With the speed of running what it is... I feel I get around quite quickly. I can easily get down to the coast to meet a friend even when I'm up at NW. I'm not frustrated by running around in the slightest.

Maybe an old rusty bike? :P

Edited by MCRoadkill

now, iam confused.

me too.

"it just means you need to throw up some more" throw up some more what ?

And usually when you are stuffed you have the message about your "feel" (i feel really full.. etc..)

Edited by KARYMSKY

30 seconds sit down? Nah...

If we want to talk about realism, then our character should sit down permanently on the server until we log back in.

Realism baby!

And if we talk about realism .... we can survive 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food if we have water .... not in DayZ ;)

• Like 2

me too.

"it just means you need to throw up some more" throw up some more what ?

And usually when you are stuffed you have the message about your "feel" (i feel really full.. etc..)

yeah its definitely bugged

i don´t really get the " WE NEED VEHICLES QQ" kids...

do they think that they will spawn, see a car, hop into it and drive around ???

did they ever play the vanilla mod ? do they have ANY idea how hard it was and will be to find a car AND repair it ??

i remember when we (3ppl) found our first car and tried to repair it. it took us HOURS to get the parts to the car and repair it.

when we did repair it we were shot after driving it for 5mins because everybody hears you from miles away.

the tears when cars are introduced to the SA will be hilarious. i am so looking forward to the rage / QQ threads :)

Exactly. I'm so tired of this complaint, but it pales in comparison to the complain that will come once vehicles are implemented. Then it will be "Oh god, there's NO parts, it took three hours to fix and then I died.... blah. blah. BLAH."  

• Like 5

Just give me bikes and unicycles and I'll be happy (as far as vehicles go anyway, not that I'm in any rush)

If developers will do everything at once, we did not get that except bugs and lag .... Need to do everything in order and on another, this game comes to a standstill and then it will be difficult to fix something. Rocket and the team have not set up a character and we cry, (Give trucks, bicycle!) So we will not have to go together to get a positive result.

Edited by B.a.r.r.e.t

Great Work devs, really.

Happy to pay the money for it and be part of the on-going development.

It might be a long way off but the final build is going to be great, looking forward to it!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Invisible Zeds in Experimental Servers...growling sounds nearby but no Zombie in sight, is this planned to spook players? or really a sound bug?