Sign in to follow this  
brettorious

Players Name

ok, so i have used the search function and googled it and cant seem to find an asnswer, sorry if it has been posed before, is their a way in game to see the name of a player that you come across (other than asking of course lol) ie after said player has killed you so that  you can seek revenge? and is their a way to search for that player and see if they are online and which server they are on.....its time to start taking names lol. thanks in advance, and again sorry if it has been posted elsewhere i cant seem to find it.

Perform an action on them or make them write in chat is the only ones, i know of atm :)

• Like 2

If you look at it in a realistic sense... when you walk up to someone on the street, do you know their name?  Unless they're wearing a food service name tag... I'm guessing no.

To my knowledge the Mod version didn't show their name unless they typed in local chat either.  I wouldn't be hopeful.

in a realistic sense alot of things are off, i think it should be added personally, would add alot to the game. 

As far as i know we will never get nameplates or name tags, to identify people ingame.
The only way to identify someone, will be if they want you to :)

Havent heard anythig else.

• Like 1

I would rather not see the names in the game.

If somebody kills you IRL you can't exact any revenge on them anyway.

Best to just suck it up learn from whatever mistake you made that lead you into that situation and move on.

Only thing that bothers me is the amount of KoS that happens.  you don't even have a chance to see or hear where anything comes from because everyone's paranoia is so high nobody trusts anyone even if they want to help out.

I like no names, means I can be a bastard with little to no repercussions... 

• Like 1

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I'm almost 100% sure they already proclaimed they were NOT going to add a way to identify people, unless of course, they tell you. But then again as stated before, just get them to type something in Local Chat.

Shadow, you can bring up the chat by pushing the "/" key (next to the right shift key).

• Like 1

We can now change our name any time we wish so anyone who doesn't want to be 'remembered' for what ever reason can become someone else in a few keystrokes.