Sign in to follow this  
G-lens

Is The Ship Still A Glitchy Death Trap?

Not as much as the tower at ROG is. I wouldn't go scaling any ledges on the ship, but I have made it in and out of there consistently without dying. Going to the boat is just another day at the office for me. ROG on the other hand............

ship is my favorite place to go! so far no problems... fingers crossed B)

Put it to the test for us, also elegant username ;).

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

title says it all..

Unfortunately, yes. Aside from the fact that there are no handrails and a little desync is an instant death warrant, the stairs have broken my legs on two separate occasions in the last several days.

Well, I have never been there, and not once has it killed me.

I think I just won.

• Like 1

if ya mean that big ship broke in 2? well, i have been there 2 times no problems at all just watch your step ^^

Been there multiple times. Love this place. But honestly it's cursed... :D  About a week ago, I was going up the stairs to get inside the back section and upon arriving to the top (where there's no more railing) and my character made a 90° turn towards the empty space in front of him and decided to walk to his death... I wasn't even pressing "w". :P 

Still went there multiple times after that without incidents. But, today, and hour ago, I was checking a part I didn't go before with all the cabins with bunk beds are, when the server restarted.

2014_01_29_00020.jpg

Upon entering the server again this is where I ended up. (playing on a hardcore light RP server)

2014_01_29_00023.jpg

No matter. Since the server restarted, I decided to go back in again and finish checking the new area I had found. Checking the cabins again.

2014_01_29_00018.jpg

While looking through the window and zooming in, the frame suddenly disappeared and next thing I know I'm standing over nothing outside of the ship. Fell, broke my legs (probably both lol) but somehow survived. Now I crawled back to Berezino while asking for some assistance every once in a while in voip. No one answered. No morphine found yet. We'll see if the Sheriff will be able to help.

2014_01_29_00024.jpg

• Like 4

I must have been lucky ive been all over that ship and survived. Didnt fall or anything

Edited by KnightTemplar

Like knight maybe I've just been lucky when searching the ship since I haven't fallen off yet  :D I'm pushing my luck though and will probably die since every time i get to the top of the ship i risk my gear by jumping the gap that splits the ship in half  B)

been inside the wreck once, mostly on the rear side. Managed to get to the captain cabin after going through most of the cabins and other storage places. Climbed up the metal scrap to the bridge and got out of there safely, if you don't count my dump boots :D

Went there yesterday with my main hardcore character for the first time. Had decent gear, ample of drink and food.

Climbed to the top of the ship to get a view when somehow it went invisible and I was now seen falling, falling, falling and

...your dead...  :blush: Lovely, another bug to note down

Next time ol big bertha, next time

While I have only fallen down at that location once, the first time I visited and only my own clumsiness to blame (but actually surviving the fall via glitchy luck), I have made a rule of only going there when I newspawn, since I have great respect for stairs and ladders and even greater for great pitfalls of doom with no rails or warning signs.

Mate was there last night, Walking down some stairs, and his character glitched through a wall and fell 4 foot to the bottom, then he rubber banded and then, black screen "you are dead" so i would guess so.

fell off the steps leading up to the main deck back down into the hold to my quick and enevidible death.

Whatever you do......

DO NOT go in the cargo hold that has about 2-3 feet of water in it.  It has stairs leading down to it, and the whole floor is covered in water.

Got stuck in there for about a half hour.  Finally found a way to glitch jump myself outta there, but it took another 10 minutes.

• Like 1

I died there when I glitched through the floor on the second level of the forward cargo hold and I haven't been back since. It's too bad because I enjoyed exploring it but it's not worth it unless you are a new spawn.

Edited by worst2first

Oddly enough, I was just there for my very first time today.  I only made it around the southern half of the ship, at least most of it, before I was murdered.

Surviving on the ship, for me, has been a matter of not running around like a retard.

What's so good about the ship, besides it being sexy to explore?

Pressvest spawns there and I have found plenty of other vests as well as weapons,ammo(not 5.56) and attachments.

I died once to glitch there. I was exploring the cabins when suddendly character kept moving forward after I let go of the W and simply walked through the wall and fell to my death.

This haven't happened to me since and I always go there when I spawn anywhere on east coast.

Remember to watch out players! Lots of hoppers and other players there. ;)

Nice weapon spawn: Pistols, magnums, ammo, Mosins, PU scope, bipods. Although the ship has gotten a lot of attention lately, especially with the addition of Svetloyarsk, it used to be a good low populated alternative to firestations and office buildings.