Sign in to follow this  
flygamer1

Remove Slow Vault Or "step Over".

Don't remove it?

Just make the jump default to "V" and the slow step over to "Ctrl+V"

Make them separate and you get the best of both sides!

Honestly, im having trouble understanding why people think its random :)

Ive yet to experience something happen, i didnt want to happen, when it comes to walk-over/vaulting.

Don't remove it?

Just make the jump default to "V" and the slow step over to "Ctrl+V"

Make them separate and you get the best of both sides!

Yeah I acually agree with this :/

no randomness what 

Exactly.

I've got weird crap happening with having to triple tap my hot-keys and I think that may be due to the absolutely incredible mechanical keyboard I have (that causes constant problems).

So I'mmm nottt agood tessst subbject. 

I think it needs to be twice as fast when u step over and it might work just as good as the jump, so it wont matter if it isnt what u wanted to do. Its just too slow to step over. Imo

Honestly, im having trouble understanding why people think its random :)

Ive yet to experience something happen, i didnt want to happen, when it comes to walk-over/vaulting.

The main reason why people had this issue is because you cant jumbo when your fist are up, and everyone used to run with there fist up because you could run faster.

It should happen alot less now except that you still benefit from running with your fists up, you dont run faster but you will never run out of breath.

EDIT:

What I would really like to see is if you vault while crouched you would crawl over a fence with your body against it the whole time all slow and sneaky like.

Kinda like this:

ThroughtheFence.IMG_0575.jpg

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Let's not even talk about remapping the keys right? I remapped the step over function to the space, never had a problem with it. I use L Ctrl for crouching and L Shift to Stand Up and Sprint, so if I'm crouching behind cover and I want to run to the next cover, I have only to press L Shift and I will stand up and sprint at the same time. If I only want to stand up, then by pressing L Shift the character will stand up. I actually like a lot the way you can map/chain commands to the keys (holding, single tapping, double tapping).

• Like 1

[one button] to Stand Up and Sprint, ...

nice idea... testing it. :thumbsup:

Let's not even talk about remapping the keys right?

I know, right? I've remapped vault to 2xV and now I don't have issues vaulting instead standing up.

Problems with this suggestion:

Accidentally pressing V near a ledge is now even more dangerous

Pressing V near an edge will send you down the edge

Jumping causes (or should cause) more noise than vaulting, alerting zeds.

Jumping should cause more exhaustion than vaulting.

atm you can still  turn while vaulting, i've almost vaulted off buildings but turned in time to vault back on!

I always remap the keys to the extent I'm allowed to, always focusing in smoothness of movement and more specifically for smoothness when I'm on dangerous situations. I must admit that I can't adapt to most control schemes, if I can't customize them, I never get really good at that game.

I don't think the issue is of remapping keys or getting used to control schemes , I'm plenty fine using the messed up south paw version I've concocted , my issue is that like the OP , I just hate how slow clunky and useless the "step over" function is , an it seems like a glitch seeing as it only happens sometimes to some people when they try to do the new jump .

Remove old mod vault so we can make sure we are doing the new jump every time .

I agree with removing it, I sometimes am running from bandit and I hold it down to jump away....and I step over VERY slow and die.

Seriously no one likes it. It's so stupid. The jump is all we need not to mention it's random jump/step over. Remove it please.

Already show to be false. As stated, jump only would be stupid for when crouched or moving with stealth. It should stay for all of us players who don't have to do everything at a full sprint!

Best case scenario they should replace the clumsy vaulting to a more dynamic (still slow) vaulting, like Battlefield 3 vaulting. Now, let's be honest, how many of you can vault over a fence on the run, with a loaded backpack? Let's not even bring a rifle to the equation. Having answered that, now make up your minds about the way you want this game to go. Some of you cry "hard core" and degrade all those who even dare to mention the possibility of making the game more fun than annoying, but then complain about what's really realistic. Again, make up your minds.

I'd like to see step-over relegated to a situational popup if they keep the scroll menu, with the actual function replaced by a jump. Jump makes more noise, and obviously does a lot more damage if there happens not to be ground on the same level on the other side of things.

Alternately, it would be nice if your character made different animations (faster or more efficient) when tagged for combat or being chased by zombies. Diving/rolling over small ledges or bushes, for example, instead of stepping over them. That, or the use of prone/crouch with the step-over key would give a different animation and change the stance you come out of the animation in. Rolling over a bush might be a crouch-based stepover command; diving over it would obviously be a prone-based command. Means that you're not going to be at greater risk of dying in a gunfight trying to get over a fence so you can crouch behind it than actually running the whole way around said fence when the nearest opening is about 20 metres away.

Edited by Wolfguarde