rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

You got to think, there aren't a lot of people that know radios even work right now so its not surprising only a couple people have heard it so far. Its not that I didnt want to use fraps, I dont have nor would I pay for Fraps.

Keep the search on bro, go to other servers that are night with high pop I guess as a start.  

I server hopped over to day servers to find batteries last night but came back to night servers today. Cant find no small batteries in the dark. 

I have been in a few since the Civil server crashed but haven't heard it again. 

I just have 1 question... How do I know when the radio transmitter is turned on or off? Should it say 87.7 on or 87.7 off? 

bump...

When the transmitter says: On, does that mean it is on or that it will turn on if you click it.

Edited by Rissou

bump...

When it the transmitter says: On, does that mean it is on or that it will turn on if you click it.

If you click on it when it says "87.8 ON" it turns on and if you click on it when it says "87.8 OFF" it turns off.

Hope that makes it clear.

• Like 1

bump...

When the transmitter says: On, does that mean it is on or that it will turn on if you click it.

If you want it on, then click "on" to turn on.

• Like 1

Research assumptions

According to several volunteers of the CCSD. The locations that lead to the deerstands are actually a quarantine zone. guarded by snipers to kill any zombie trying to get past.

This is assumed by their position and the morse code saying that they're all dead and failed to quarantine indicates this.

Also, other researchers asume the infestation originally began in green mountains. Expanded toward zelenogorsk and then outside into Cherno.

Followed by this picture, people assume the CP abandoned and fell back to the NWAF. retreating if not leaving.

This leaves alot of questions though; " what happened to them" and "what if they left, did they just leave the chernarian people to their fates?"

Further theories and findings are added when found.

END FILE

Sounds plausible i thought the same after i saw the picture . BUT why leads the elektro call to green mountain ? what was or is in elektro what should have been warnt???? cuz the airfield is much to far , or the balota airstrip is they´re evacuation zone , and thats why there are so much army tents ?? 

there must be more in that massage from elektro then just the green mountain coords , maybe she warns them that from that point the mutation started ? maybe she says wait there till the boats are coming and go to the ocean ? maybe she want that they defend the power plant so that they can left the country of chernarus ? 

there must be something more behind that , cuz why elektro leads to green mountain why shoud they lead them to the outbreak where all are dead and infected ?? 

maybe we can find out more at the NW AF ? if someone survived or all died while trying to evacuate ? maybe more hints at 37-120 ? oe at balota or the military tents , btw there is a radio station where the tents are . maybe someone should check the commander room , or how the building is called. 

Im about to break a few rules, all in the name of science.

Gonna log in (ill be a fresh spawn, haven't played since I was last killed while investigating the elektro signal) and do some looting till I find a few basics (pack, fire axe, food, etc.). once I have that Im gonna find me a transmitter, and go to elektro...

Its here that ill be breaking the rules a little. While in elektro, im going turn on my transmitter. If I don't hear anything, im going to hop servers. Turn it on again. Repeat. This way, I can test if the broadcast occurs at night, at day, hi pop, low pop, ect. Ill be keeping track of what servers I join, and what the time is (server time) and the population at time of test.

I will report back on my findings...

• Like 2

Good show everyone,  this is really good stuff.

Still trying to find a transmitter myself.  I'm leaning towards built-in (since last update) easter eggs myself, but even if it is someone having fun transmitting this stuff, maybe even over multiple servers,  that still shows the possibilities to be had with this functionality...

does anyone know if a Badly Damaged Transmitter works? I found one, but that's its condition. concerned I wont be able to find another, better one in good time without server hoping.

I don't mind hoping to scan for a signal, but loot is another thing.

I picked up the transmission in elektro TWICE while on the civil warriors server. Was by the docks at first, it was pretty clear. We left for green mountain as soon as we heard it. We were pretty far outside of the city when it started again, but it was mostly static the second time. You could hear the message, but it seemed to be weaker the further we were from the city. Before we could get to GM the server restarted and it was daytime. We are in a different server now, at GM, waiting for a signal to come in.

Oh yeah, and i was streaming the whole thing ;)

Im still streaming, ill post a vod later.

I picked up the transmission in elektro TWICE while on the civil warriors server. Was by the docks at first, it was pretty clear. We left for green mountain as soon as we heard it. We were pretty far outside of the city when it started again, but it was mostly static the second time. You could hear the message, but it seemed to be weaker the further we were from the city. Before we could get to GM the server restarted and it was daytime. We are in a different server now, at GM, waiting for a signal to come in.

Oh yeah, and i was streaming the whole thing ;)

Im still streaming, ill post a vod later.

If you can give us the coordinates from where you hear the signal and the time also. We can point these places to the map so we can be able to find the radio tower transimmeter(fire station, electrical company) to get a better message. Don't forget to give us the video link from streaming. Also in about 2 hours i will try to point the radio transimmeters at east

www.twitch.tv/thr4sher_/c/3624064

In the beginning of the clip you hear me tell my friends that I am going to send them a video of the transmission on youtube. I started watching it again as well in my steam overlay. Thats what you are hearing initially. The signal starts to come in for real which is where you hear me sound surprised since I was watching the video of it as it started to happen. You see me turn the radio on/off and change channels to start/stop the transmission and confirm its authenticity.

We were on the Civil Warriors server, and the server time was around 21:00

We were in the Elektro industrial area near the docks. We moved NW heading to green mountain when the signal came in the 2nd time. We could still see the city but were far away, and the signal wasnt as strong.

When you guys find it watch for yourself cuz its weird huge thing it comes only at night my advice always have loaded weapon....

scanned in several servers now, all times of the night. Nothing

Now in the civil warriors server. its nighttime, about 20:00. nearby the same location as the one in the above stream. nothing as yet.

Edit: I ended up finding a pristine radio. So if there is a transmission, I SHOULD hear it. just a matter of when?

Edited by Crazykage

Well this is great! It's real! Maybe the transmitters are bugged atm and could explain why its so hard to pick up the signal.

Well this is great! It's real! Maybe the transmitters are bugged atm and could explain why its so hard to pick up the signal.

we haven't yet ruled out the possibility that it is a hoax. It COULD be a broadcast from another player. in which case, its still REAL, just not an in game easter egg.

I don't see how it could be a hoax. I played around with my transmitter and I couldn't find a way to "use" it besides turning it on/off and switching channels. As far as I know you can't broadcast with it (yet).

I think with the walkie-talkies you can't broadcast a global signal around, just between players that is the same frequency with you. For a global broadcast i think you need a repeater which take the signal from the source and send it away. Also i can't exclude the fact of hoax from a stream-"sniper" (broadcaster at our case)

I don't see how it could be a hoax. I played around with my transmitter and I couldn't find a way to "use" it besides turning it on/off and switching channels. As far as I know you can't broadcast with it (yet).

You can broadcast, about 1km, using the , key and voice chat.

still there, in server. nothing. only me an one other person in server atm.

The fact that the broadcast faded out as they moved away (got out of range) and that this has, thus far, only been detected on 2 servers, leads me to think that this is in all likelihood a hoax.

but im still sittin here, listening to my transmitter....lol.

UPDATE:

OK. Just sat in the Civil Warriors server from just after 20:00 until restart. Nothing on the transmitter. And I was pretty much sitting exactly where thrasher was in the video.

As in thrasher's description of events, after the restart, the server was in daytime.

At no time did I receive ANY signals, on ANY servers, during this entire play session.

At this juncture, I am not willing to rule out the possibility of a hoax.

Edited by Crazykage

I didn't know you could broadcast with the transmitters. So lets look at this logically.

The person who claimed to find this originally has claimed to have heard it on other servers. He name dropped servers. He even mentioned the TIME he "heard" them. Those servers are where other recordings have come from. It COULD be a hoax. The person who originally "discovered" it could know people would go to the servers named, and he could be broadcasting knowing people would be there listening.

On the other hand, prior to the last update the transmitter was still known as a walkie talkie, I don't believe it had multiple channels or anything either. There were a lot of new things added in the last update that werent in the patch notes. The transmitter was clearly updated. Why would they update the item so early in the alpha if there was no real use?

• Like 3

I have an good idea i think. We can point the radio tower transmitters found in the game so nearly maybe will can found a message. I mean something like this

If it helps there is a radio tower at this position (little grey dot in the forest top right of last northern house) : http://dayzdb.com/map#7.059.037

• Like 1

I didn't know you could broadcast with the transmitters. So lets look at this logically.

The person who claimed to find this originally has claimed to have heard it on other servers. He name dropped servers. He even mentioned the TIME he "heard" them. Those servers are where other recordings have come from. It COULD be a hoax. The person who originally "discovered" it could know people would go to the servers named, and he could be broadcasting knowing people would be there listening.

On the other hand, prior to the last update the transmitter was still known as a walkie talkie, I don't believe it had multiple channels or anything either. There were a lot of new things added in the last update that werent in the patch notes. The transmitter was clearly updated. Why would they update the item so early in the alpha if there was no real use?

This pretty much sums up the current situation^.

Until it is PROVEN, my operating assumption is that this is a hoax. A good one. Consider also the fact that it only seems to appear in mid to hi pop servers. If even ONE other person is in the server, they could be responsible. And its not even possible to correlate names of those present (in server) during a "broadcast" due to the newly implemented name changing system (otherwise it might be possible to track who is responsible).

I will believe it when I see proof: I hear it for myself, in an otherwise empty server.

However, although I cannot confirm the authenticity of the broadcast, NEITHER can I say it is not legitimate.

So I have made to find a pristine walkie-talkie but now searching for battery. Whats the best places to look at Cherno? (expect fresh spawns :P )