rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

I KNEW IT!

Well, it's such a well made hoax that I can't be mad about it. Kind of dissapointed.

I just got my walkie-talkie and some 9V's and I was about to go to Zeleno, to investigate.

Now I'll have to go back to doing nothing and pointlessly roaming around the map trying to find something.

I still want to go to Green Mountain at night with my radio on.

So this is all a hoax? Dammit, I've been sitting at green mountain for almost an hour last evening, with my radio turned on 87.8 and cycling through frequencies every couple minutes hoping I would receive something. :D

• Like 2

I dont know if it was you ViktorM but someone just gave our crew the best DayZ expierence ever while we were lurking on an dark server like 2 weeks ago.

We also got an video from that night, and mixed together over 2 hrs of investigation °_°

It is in german tho

i hope the devs will look in to story telling like you made a step in the right direction 

• Like 1

This thread was an epic read and I'm quite disappointed that I missed out on the fun! 

Well done VictorM for providing all these players with an epic experience.  :thumbsup:  :beans: 

... and I agree with you. TS and other such things are the equivalent to exploiting in my opinion.

• Like 1

So it is over??? :(

After spending 2h reading this tread and on the way trying to resolve some morse code sounds and watching post by post to not miss a thing i had a blast. I didnt had time to get in the game and try to explore i found out about this tread on reddit today. My beans goes to you VictorM realy well done we need more guys like you to switch thoughts about bugs and other shit to enjoj the game.

Like MentalMidget said in last post  "However the Dayz SA Elektrozavodsk transmission made me think of the Buzzer or UVB-76. It also made me look into the history of number stations and now I want to learn how to morse so it is all good." Same happened here i was like real investigator here i watched readed about UVB-76 there is some great mistery there :) And thank one guy from post i coudnt remember the page and name but he posted tutorials link for morse code..i will start learning that :) Thank you guys for great clues and evrything.

But wait... VictorM is not developer and that radio by statue is still there he coudnt put it there !!! What is next?? :) I cant wait for some new hoax, hehhe 

PS. I realy loved some opinions on background story for the game. It realy immersed me to dayz SA even more. 

Oh well. Maybe there's more radio transmissions in places?

Edited by Reachguy

Oh well. Maybe there's more radio transmissions in places?

Dat necro thread tho... A good one at least!

The black forest investigation by the CCSD was pretty interesting as well.

Dat necro thread tho... A good one at least!

The black forest investigation by the CCSD was pretty interesting as well.

Enjoy this new myth http://i.imgur.com/VjN7t5u.jpg

Posted by some redditer,he said this is the creepiest thing he saw ingame

Edited by imperian_man

any news on the C1-signal? :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

C1-Signal?

Edited by Reachguy

Just reliving some nice memories. Damn can't believe this is almost a year ago. (10 months but who cares XD)

Anybody still active by the time the CCSD was founded? :o

• Like 1

Just reliving some nice memories. Damn can't believe this is almost a year ago. (10 months but who cares XD)

Where I'm from CCSD stand for Clark County School District. 

• Like 1

Well, the CCSD stand for Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department XD

<SNIP>

I see using those programs to be as much as cheating as gamma exploits, server hopping and combat logging to be honest. It just isnt in tune with the game and realism. You cant secretly and telepathically communicate with people so it kills immersion and now you are secretly talking tactics with someone to flank an enemy that cant hear you when in reality they could.

</SNIP>

First of all awesome initative i was reading this at 3 in the morning my time and could barely keep myself from logging in to check things out. There is however one slight problem with your statement here. Most modern radios have a feature called CTCS which allows more operators on a single frequency without interrupting eachothers broadcast. You have to know or scan for those offsets otherwise you won't pick them up. This in effect means that you can keep people from picking up your signal unless they know what they are doing, people such as HAM radio operators know how to scan those freqencies. Also most modern VHF/UHF radios have a range upto 5 kilometers depending on antenna and wheter or not they are in a urban enviroment. Which can be extended by the use of radio repeaters which basically are local transmisters useually with a 70cm or a 2m antenna which boost your signal.

So this entire thing was staged by players?

Wow, I was going to give some mega props to the developers for this.

Any other mysteries going on at the moment? 

Hey devs.. Take notes. :P

Edited by ProfessorD
  • Like 1

Here's what I want to know.  If there is no power, then how come the bells in Chenorgorsk still toll the hour?  How is this happening?  Is there a survivor, some mad priest or city hall bureaucrat making this happen?  It creeps me out, especially at night..

• Like 1

Ryddek, Message is as follows: Hey there, the names Rooster, and I've been a DayZ tinfoil hatter for quite some time now, an Australian Army Cadet Signaller, I have a intimate knowlage of both Aussie and NATO Radio and Telephone Procedures, and a rudimentary knowlage of Warsaw Pact Radio Procederes. I have a flourishing YouTube channel, by the name of 'Strategic Tacticool Operators' and would like to offer my help. Steam name is RagingRooster. Message Stop. Zero Bravo out.

Yeah I still pop into the game now and then, I think I'll stick around for a little while this time as I've gone from being a complete Lone Wolf to hanging out on the coast, which is more fun.

I'm still here, I actually made part of that morse code/SSTV thing a while back. It was probably the only one officially left "unsolved". I debated making another mystery for you guys, but it's really hard to track you down.