rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

Well guys, I'm looking for guys I can hook up to collect radios and check out the transmissions.

I someone want me to join, write me a PM here in forums.

PS: English is not that good :P

@DoctorRayRay

It's very possible for this to be a hoax. I experienced it personally, but it was on the server that's been name dropped several times. Someone could know people would check it out and likely on that server. He even mentioned the TIME he had heard it. It sounds like the perfect bait to get people there, and pull off the hoax.

You CAN broadcast with a transmitter, I tried it. Nobody has ever experienced it on any other servers. The grid location is very easy to find. Maybe the person behind this is Russian. Maybe a woman? It's very possible it's a hoax.

Until I catch it on my stream on a random server with no other people in the server (or only friends) I'm leaning towards hoax

@Thrasher I realize you can use the transmitter, it just seems too much trouble. Hopefully we can get down to the truth!

A new thought JUST occurred to me, which supports the possibility that it is NOT a hoax.

IF it was a player, we would see two things:

1: The player would have to be broadcasting over the in game VOIP, and into his/her transmitter. Which means that we would be able to HEAR the player playing the message into their transmitter over direct comms if we were nearby the player. This would make it so that a player perpetrating this hoax would be announcing their position to anyone nearby, a risky venture. This means that if a player IS responsible, they would be very easy for a decent sized search party to find them somewhere in elektro. One player could be listening for the broadcast, then inform the search party to begin the search when it shows up. This makes it somewhat less likely that a player is doing this, due to the risk. But the other, more important reason:

2. Having listened to the broadcast in the recordings, it comes through the transmitter with an alarming amount of CLARITY. No stutter or lag or cut out due to server lag, ping, etc. It comes through COMPLETELY and TOTALY unbroken, something that is not likely to occur in real life (if you have ever used civilian or even military communications, broken and unreadable transmissions are COMMON), never mind across a less then perfect internet connection, through the game, and finally through you. I would expect, if it WAS a player, to hear stutter, cut offs, or even to not hear it at all.

Even when thrasher and his group moved away and the signal became weaker, the transmission's weakness was clearly heard in the form of static. Almost as though the static was artificially generated to give the IMPRESSION that the signal was weaker as you moved farther away. Is this static heard in player to player transmitter communications as they move further away (someone confirm?)? If not, if in player to player transmitter comms the communication just gets QUITER or simply cuts out altogether as you move out of range, then the static heard in the Thrasher video is almost certainly an artificial aspect of programing, and NOT due to another player.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 5

As for that last thing, yes indeed, you do always get static as the signal gets weaker, and just as you are out of range (in an area of around 50 meters I think) you can still transmit to eachother, but will only pick up static.

As for that last thing, yes indeed, you do always get static as the signal gets weaker, and just as you are out of range (in an area of around 50 meters I think) you can still transmit to eachother, but will only pick up static.

well, that theory is debunked. Nonetheless, it is still possible (although unlikely) that this is the game, and not the actions of a player.

If it is a player, than as I said above, in order to be doing this, they MUST be playing the recording into a mike, which then sends the sounds to the game, and THEN through the in game transmitter they are using, and finally to us through our transmitters. WHICH MEANS that a player nearby the perpetrator would be able to hear the broadcast without a transmitter, as if they were hearing them speak. This remains the best way to find the culprit, if there is one.

EDIT: Which would also mean that in addition to the broadcast, the perpetrators mike would ALSO pick up any background noise: a cough, movement, sounds in the house, opening doors, crunching potato chips, etc. Something to listen for the next time any of us manage to find the broadcast again.

Edited by Crazykage

Yeah even though it's most likely fake someone should link the thread to Rocket to give him some ideas.

I already did, though I might have tweeted at a bad time, so if someone else wants to give it a go, I would love to see some mystery stuff thrown in by the developers, they could add little bits over time and string a long the story.

https://twitter.com/Atomizer74/status/428339234588483586

well, that theory is debunked. Nonetheless, it is still possible (although unlikely) that this is the game, and not the actions of a player.

If it is a player, than as I said above, in order to be doing this, they MUST be playing the recording into a mike, which then sends the sounds to the game, and THEN through the in game transmitter they are using, and finally to us through our transmitters. WHICH MEANS that a player nearby the perpetrator would be able to hear the broadcast without a transmitter, as if they were hearing them speak. This remains the best way to find the culprit, if there is one.

EDIT: Which would also mean that in addition to the broadcast, the perpetrators mike would ALSO pick up any background noise: a cough, movement, sounds in the house, opening doors, crunching potato chips, etc. Something to listen for the next time any of us manage to find the broadcast again.

Nah, people can stream direct audio into the ingame voice, meaning their own mic is not being used and won't pick up any background noise, however, I do imagine being able to hear them if you're nearby to be possible, but I have never messed around with radios yet, will have to do that when I play next.

... I do imagine being able to hear them if you're nearby to be possible, but I have never messed around with radios yet, will have to do that when I play next.

I tested it with a friend and you can hear the player double. Through direct communication and through the transmitter.

EDIT: I just remembered that we we only tried it with a turned on transmitter on the ground and me speaking through the other.

Edited by Mack0438
  • Like 1

So if it turned out by another player, that other player would have to know exactly where the subject is located. He should know that the target person has a radio AND he would have to know that it is turned on. In addition, the person would need to track the target person to the Green Mountain WITHOUT to be discovered here. I think this is not possible.

Sure it's possible that someone is sitting next to me in the bush and I do not notice him or he sneaks up on me without me recognizing something. But not all the way right up to the Green Mountain plus the things mentioned above.

I also thought of how it could be scripted. It has to be server side. What does the server know? It knows how many players are online, where they are and what time it is.

Because the devs didnt want the radio transmission to be spammed they decide to let it be triggered by some met conditions.

What could they be ? I would make it random and very rare and at night because then it is scary. Furthermore because it is rare and no one let the transmitter turned on all time it has to be on a well populated server and there should be at least a specific number of players in the area.

And if everything is met there is a very small chance that it will be triggered.

We try to find a 5min time span with 10-20 players at 500-1000 servers.

Edited by Mack0438

So if it turned out by another player, that other player would have to know exactly where the subject is located. He should know that the target person has a radio AND he would have to know that it is turned on. In addition, the person would need to track the target person to the Green Mountain WITHOUT to be discovered here. I think this is not possible.

Sure it's possible that someone is sitting next to me in the bush and I do not notice him or he sneaks up on me without me recognizing something. But not all the way right up to the Green Mountain plus the things mentioned above.

the broadcast gives coordinates to green mountain, but that does not mean that the broadcaster (player) is moving that direction. Every time the signal has been detected, it was in electro. Therefore it is probable that the broadcaster has chosen a location, probably an obscure one, to sit and make the broadcast. If so, it would be possible to pick up the broadcast, and track down the general location of the signal's origin: As you move farther away, the signal weakens and becomes staticy, as you get closer, more clear and less staticy. If we get close enough to the source we MAY be able to find the person responsible and confirm that it is a hoax. OR we may find the source of the signal, and find that it is a radio or some other in game asset.

I also thought of how it could be scripted. It has to be server side. What does the server know? It knows how many players are online, where they are and what time it is.

Because the devs didnt want the radio transmission to be spammed they decide to let it be triggered by some met conditions.

What could they be ? I would make it random and very rare and at night because then it is scary. Furthermore because it is rare and no one let the transmitter turned on all time it has to be on a well populated server and there should be at least a specific number of players in the area.

And if everything is met there is a very small chance that it will be triggered.

We try to find a 5min time span with 10-20 players at 500-1000 servers.

The broadcast has, to my knowledge, only been found at night, on hi population servers, between the hours of 1900 and 0100. It is not known for certain that it does not occur in other towns, or at other times. The only discernible pattern thus far is high population (10+), night time (1900-0100), and the two servers it was detected on.

NEW INFORMATION:

The prime suspect player, ADMINDESK, is NOT responsible for the transmission!

Go back to the first page in this thread and watch the second video. At EXACTLY 0.57 ADMINDESK disappears from the list of players, yet the broadcast continues.

Despite the fact that this player is the only player KNOWN to have been present during all broadcasts, we can now say for certain, that at MINIMUM they were not solely responsible. It is POSSIBLE that he or she is in collusion with one or more to make this broadcast, but while it is POSSIBLE, it seems unlikely that the perpetrator or perpetrators would make this hoax so unnecessarily complex. If it is a hoax, I suspect that we are dealing with only ONE prankster.

The more and more I think about this, the more I suspect that it is legit. Consider:

-The image of the radio next to the statue. (why would the devs have put that in? What is a statue doing in the middle of the woods next to a ham radio? Its clearly meant to be SOME sort of easter egg).

-Devs put in working transmitters, then we start to detect this broadcast. (Why add in functionality for transmitters NOW, when so many other more important things could be worked on? The devs KNOW we don't need transmitters to communicate. We have Skype, TS, Steam, etc, which is FAR better. Who would use THIS over those things, which has a limited range and require batteries and inventory space? So why put them in? To discover in game broadcasts).

-This thread (whose last post was in july 2013) may have been the inspiration to give the devs the idea: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/141778-sa-uvb-76-and-other-mysterious-radio-stations/

-The broadcast, player or not, is stationary. Players that detect it in elektro and then MOVE AWAY find the signal gets weaker. If it is a prankster, its a very patient one, logging into a server with different names, sitting in one spot, and broadcasting (what? a homemade sound file? It would HAVE to be. Those numbers aren't random, they point to GREEN FUKIN MOUNTAIN. What are the odds that a sound file found on the web would have the same numbers in the same, correct order? AND its in Russian? It would have to be a homemade job, and if so, its a very elaborate job) a signal with NO WAY WHATSOEVER of knowing if anyone is listening. If we are dealing with a hoax, then the MOST LIKELY scenario is this, and that's an AWFUL lot of effort and time spent doing it on the OFF CHANCE that someone is in elektro, has a transmitter, AND has it turned on. Pranksters and trolls want their pranks to be SEEN. This seems to me to be way to much effort and formulation for something that would go undetected 99% of the time.

I think it is far more likely that the broadcast is an artifact of developer programming, and that its occurrence is determined by as yet unknown factors: time, population, randomness, location, or anything else.

*sigh. All this, and I have yet to even hear it for myself in game....

-

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 2

Possible idea. Green mountain is NOT an actual military base but an experimentation ground for the zombies. As heard in the ORIGINAL Green Mountain transmission you hear the zombie roar, what some presume to be Patient Zero. 

I know this theory has been proposed but, its always good to refresh some minds.

The UVB76 signal, which still occurs in Russia from an unknown location, follows this very same format. The buzzing continues for a very long time until suddenly, the buzzing stops. At this point, co-ordinates are read and the theory for UVB76 is that back in the USSR military bases would wait until the buzzing stopped, the tower broadcasting this sent out the co-ordinates, and as the co-ordinates were read the military bases at those co-ordinates would send back a series of numbers and letters themselves.

Now this kind of sounds like what is going on in the game, buzzing, co-ordinates, and then the buzzing continuing. The DeerStands at those locations could be the "military bases or outposts" that need to radio back at the specific time. This is alpha and they probably only have part of this mystery in, (which sucks), so we will be left dangling. However, I have a strange feeling that with the addition of Svetlojarsk there is another radio signal up there. 

If there are signals in cities, as seen in elektro, maybe there are signals in every other large city? Maybe a distress call for all units to head to Green Mountain? 

Now what might be helpful is if someone were to find all of the "radio masts" in Chernarus and station people outside of them to see if a signal can be picked up from there, along with all MAJOR cities and minor outlying military bases. I know its creepy but if you could get you and a friend or a group of friends to investigate, things might be found faster. 

Edited by Kidpaler

I just put this together from my encounters.

http://imgur.com/a/7nKXi

So the first image is the playerlist the first time I heard the transmission.

The second image is the playerlist the second time I heard the transmission.

The third image is also from the second time I heard the transmission (it was still playing) just a few minutes later.

Now the only name that's on all of those lists is ADMINDESK. Now I know this doesn't mean anything because they changed what name you are using for your character in the last patch but still, thought I should share it.

Heh, might want to take another look at those pictures, as it does say that I was on there all three times as well! Although I can assure you that I am not making those transmissions. A good heads up for anyone going on the Civil Warriors server to look for those transmissions should probably be aware that me and my friend like to frequent that server, so going off of who is on at a specific time may not be the best idea for finding a culprit.

this transmissions must be legit, because in vanilla-dayz-mod there was also earlier an green mountain transmitter with messages - you remember? - And this also was not a hoax

I think in the next updates of DAYZ-SA we will get more and more answers, whats behind ;)

But I think this also needs investigations...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but there is an 11 part series on how to learn Morse code. I just thought it might interest you tinfoil hatters :

• Like 1

this transmissions must be legit, because in vanilla-dayz-mod there was also earlier an green mountain transmitter with messages - you remember? - And this also was not a hoax

I think in the next updates of DAYZ-SA we will get more and more answers, whats behind ;)

But I think this also needs investigations...

please also notice this: If we also know, whats behind this mistery - it will also go boring on the other side. It will be only a one-moment-experience

Edited by TiMEDANCE

NEW INFORMATION:

The prime suspect player, ADMINDESK, is NOT responsible for the transmission!

Go back to the first page in this thread and watch the second video. At EXACTLY 0.57 ADMINDESK disappears from the list of players, yet the broadcast continues.

True.

Heh, might want to take another look at those pictures, as it does say that I was on there all three times as well! Although I can assure you that I am not making those transmissions. A good heads up for anyone going on the Civil Warriors server to look for those transmissions should probably be aware that me and my friend like to frequent that server, so going off of who is on at a specific time may not be the best idea for finding a culprit.

And true.

But that means that you are the only person thats always there(?).

Just a quick thought: I've only been to Green Mountain twice and I thought it was funny that there weren't any holes in the fences. Or perhaps I didn't check thoroughly enough.

Can anyone confirm any breaches in the GM fence?

Now what might be helpful is if someone were to find all of the "radio masts" in Chernarus and station people outside of them to see if a signal can be picked up from there, along with all MAJOR cities and minor outlying military bases. I know its creepy but if you could get you and a friend or a group of friends to investigate, things might be found faster. 

I have arleady started a project to point all the radio towers include in Chernarus. Next i link a map with the points so far. Also i continue the research

1yx9kpss9c0whthjosi5.png

The filled circles are big radio towers

t15ni3h5fm6z4m5rq20.jpg

and the empy are the small ones

p37q0z0fv04mhpj5x0r4.jpg

IF ANYONE SEE ANY OF THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Just a quick thought: I've only been to Green Mountain twice and I thought it was funny that there weren't any holes in the fences. Or perhaps I didn't check thoroughly enough.

Can anyone confirm any breaches in the GM fence?

No there aren't any breaches at the GM Fence. Just into the wall from inside some low small holes

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cents. It stems from the fact that the map itself has been redesigned to have its own history now. I can't remember which of the design team it was, but they talk directly to the set pieces now part of the world that weren't part of the mod. The only story they can give us is what happened before the "incident" and they can only tell that story to the players through the environment. This would include sound. And if any realism were to be applied given the military installations of the map, the very nature of a continuing, intermittent transmission to inform people of an outbreak and to stay away seems it would be standard operating procedure IRL.

Why would the transmitters be dropped in so early into the build... 1. for player communication 2. for dev communication to the players thru server side interactions, like radio transmissions. We know there are radios and towers placed all over the map... why is that? and with the removal of global chat in game the radios have been forced on us for distance communications (not including outside services like teamspeak.) They kept the map for a reason, as I think it was chosen for the mod for a reason, it has a believable ground zero layout for the outbreak. And they've added to it's story.

We have a beached tanker. There is also a crashed helicopter not too far north of there. I'm sure many of us have found set pieces like these spread out all over the map. Clearly the grid coordinates correlate directly to specific things on the map that easily lend themselves to a defensive layout that both prohibits entry into the GM compound, and acts as a barrier to keep things from escaping that facility. We also know that many times,underground structures have come in dev discussions about the future of the game. Why?

The story lays itself out pretty swell that once the breach happened, the living would be forced to the coast and the airfields as they fled the growing hoard. The transmissions give us  the story that the guards were unable to keep the zeds on the compound and died, and the infection spread...

We also  need to remember this game sold this well without a PR campaign at all.... why would we not expect one before final release? This game is generating some huge hype, even as far as being talked about making it's way to consoles... This and Star Citizen are generating some of the largest interest in the industry right now (as the status quo of yearly BF, COD and Sports titles are grinding on peoples nerves), and that's because they are genre defining and look to be taking the gaming experience to the next level. And they are doing this by allowing players to create their own stories, and they are creating living/Or dead worlds that feel real to a degree that no else is, for the players to live in. This kind of thing fits into Dayz's world.

And finally... the first additional team member that we have officially heard of being hired...was a sound guy.

Sweet dreams!

• Like 7

kuma8877   right!! absolutely!!

but remember, this radio towers are also on dayz-mod... not only in SA...

anybody have tried to use the transmitter in the mod near a tower?

kuma8877   right!! absolutely!!

but remember, this radio towers are also on dayz-mod... not only in SA...

anybody have tried to use the transmitter in the mod near a tower?

Who's to say Rocket wasn't paying attention to the "urban legends" that popped up for the mod... Why not include that as a nod the the community? This adds to the story in the same way that an underground facility would... it makes it believable!

• Like 1

Who's to say Rocket wasn't paying attention to the "urban legends" that popped up for the mod... Why not include that as a nod the the community? This adds to the story in the same way that an underground facility would... it makes it believable!

regarding "urban legends" .... - many people have posted here their encounters, I think some may be true - but some can be also hacker-made...

I really hope to see real urban legends in Dayz-SA... for example mystery encounters, that happens only at night... or mystery-events ...etc

• Like 1

I would imaging that some of the most powerful and rare gear would be found in the most advanced facitily... guarded by the largest population of zeds requiring teamwork to get the goods housed there. I suggest only visiting servers with very high player counts (near max if possible)  to hopefully force the trigger point. This means some of the places will be total killzones like the airfield... I also suggest we try listening in near any of the set pieces that would be equipped with radios... for example the beached tanker and crashed helicopter. Keep your eyes open too, when running through the woods to see if we find any more radios stashed in the countryside.

And we shouldn't forget that there are still additional spots that look like more structures could be placed like the last patch added the new city...