rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

Guys, Guys, i am seriously flattered you think its me but believe me its not. I wish I was that creative and or good with audio manipulation. I suck at putting files into my iphone let alone doing this. In fact, I wasent even in the server at the time when Bjurrson took his video. He opens up the player list. My player name is VictorM. I left the server to check my history so that I could post the highest the server i thought it was. I didnt look at the name of the server when I joined. I didn't join again for a bit. I went and got some food, checked up on this thread. I was on i want to say for about 10-15 before server restarted. 

I can see where you might think its me. Coincidence with a little bit of right place, right time. For one, I have been on a night server binge lately. I also only like to play on servers that have a decent amount of people. Night servers arent popular so I filter the server list so that the full servers are at the top and then join the first night server I see on the list. Usually the highest pop night server. Both times I did this I heard the signal. I did this a few times after the Civil server restarted but never heard it again. 

To all the people who are trying to investigate this with radios, this transmission is not constant. It plays for a while, then stops, then plays again. If you are server hopping, checking 87.8 and then moving on you could easily miss it. Then you have 100s of servers on top of that. It probably is someone playing a transmission through the radio. That is awesome and I hope they continue this and further the player-made content further once Rocket adds more stuff that would allow us to build our own scenarios. I wish I could claim responsibility but it is not me. Maybe whoever is broadcasting just happens to be broadcasting when I get on too play which is usually later in the day. Sunday I was out fishing all day so got on around 5 or 6 PM Pacific Standard time. Last night I got off work at 5 and got on around 5:30 PM Pacific time.

The commonality between servers are just that they were night servers between 2000 hours and 0300 hours as far as I can remember with around 6 or more people on them. 

I highly doubt it is engine based though as if it was, it would be broadcast on a wider band freq and at much higher transmission rate to simulate Green Mountains capabilities. We would be able to hear it all over. 

As for the message thing, I have absolutely no idea why it says I cant receive messages. Maybe a mod can chime in.

VictorM need not have been involved for it to have been a hoax

Attempting to focus on WHO is broadcasting the signal (if not the game itself) is pointless, because the perpetrator could be simply changing their name/s every time they do it. Making it impossible to track who is in what server at the time a broadcast is detected.

Hoax or not, Im having fun. Its something to DO. Instead of just running around in the woods aimlessly from one loot zone to another....

• Like 3

A good friend of mine IRL is part of a mod team for a pretty popular dayz mod. He's got connections with a few people who are either on the dev team for SA, or can get in touch with them. I told him about all this a few mins ago. He's gonna ask around and see if he can find anything.

Wow this is really creepy and awesome at the same time!

I really hope that it was intended and implemented by the developers .

This would give the whole game a lot more depth and it would feel much more real and exciting.

Well, regardless of whether it ultimately is a fake or not:

Since English is not my native language, I'm not sure if I have understood correctly,

but a member write, that a coordinate on map indicates a kind of "man" drawn you see ony if you increase the card.

I believe that this is an indication that the whole thing is just not a hoax.

Furthermore gives me the statement of another member to think about:

He wrote, that they have updated with the last patch the radio

and he also asked the logical question:

Why should this item during the Alpha, in which we find ourselves now times, been updated,

if it does not already have a meaningful function so to spark within?

For me, an indication of that it this is not fake.

I think many players go wrong with the way to hear the radio messages too.

I really doubt that they will be played always the same (server) time, not to

mention the fact that you can hear on all servers that fit into the time criterion.

That would be far too simple and boring. Someone would do the puzzle basically during the Alpha

or solve it at least in beta . Where would be the fun for people joining the game after it's come out?

Exactly, it would be boring.

I've played arround a little with the coordinates and brought them into a relationship with our alphabet.

Although you can not directly do something with it, but maybe it takes someone else here on a brilliant idea.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

I am in the process proceeds as follows:

048-107 -> 0+4+8 1+0+7 = 12 8 -> L H

049-047 -> 0+4+9 0+4+7 = 13 11 -> M K

034-051 -> 0+3+4 0+5+1 = 7 6 -> G F

023-107 -> 0+2+3 1+0+7 = 5 8 -> E H

022-110 -> 0+2+2 1+1+0 = 4 2 -> D B

017-121 -> 0+1+7 1+2+1 = 8 4 -> H D

054-074 -> 0+5+4 0+7+4 = 9 11 -> I K

063-087 -> 0+6+3 0+8+7 = 9 17 -> I Q

040-093 -> 0+4+0 0+9+3 = 4 12 -> D L

039-108 -> 0+3+9 1+0+8 = 12 9 -> L I

036-091 -> 0+3+6 0+9+1 = 9 10 -> I J

032-090 -> 0+3+2 0+9+0 = 5 9 -> E I

033-102 -> 0+3+3 1+0+2 = 6 3 -> F C

023-096 -> 0+2+3 0+9+6 = 5 15 -> E O

Yield:

L H M K G F E H D B H D B H D I K I Q D L L I I J E I F C O

Unfortunately, this has no real bit of sense. It follows that is not a word (at least not in our alphabet).

Then I thought about it, that may, at minimum magnification of the map, the letters

attributable to the 16x16 squares of card would.

Unfortunately, this also has its limitations, since the letter Q appears in it, so the map

should have at least 17 squares in length or width.

Next, I thought about an alternative addition.

What if a number does not start with 0 is a 10?

It would look like this:

048-107 -> 0+4+8 10+7 = 12 17 -> L Q

049-047 -> 0+4+9 0+4+7 = 13 11 -> M K

034-051 -> 0+3+4 0+5+1 = 7 6 -> G F

023-107 -> 0+2+3 10+7 = 5 17 -> E Q

022-110 -> 0+2+2 11+0 = 4 11 -> D K

017-121 -> 0+1+7 12+1 = 8 13 -> H M

054-074 -> 0+5+4 0+7+4 = 9 11 -> I K

063-087 -> 0+6+3 0+8+7 = 9 17 -> I Q

040-093 -> 0+4+0 0+9+3 = 4 12 -> D L

039-108 -> 0+3+9 10+8 = 12 18 -> L R

036-091 -> 0+3+6 0+9+1 = 9 10 -> I J

032-090 -> 0+3+2 0+9+0 = 5 9 -> E I

033-102 -> 0+3+3 10+2 = 6 12 -> F L

023-096 -> 0+2+3 0+9+6 = 5 15 -> E O

Well, not a big difference:

L Q M K G F E Q D K H M I K I Q D L L R I J E I F L E O

A pattern is nevertheless struck me:

The number 1, at the beginning of a pair of numbers appears only in the second block.

Maybe it's random, no idea. Maybe missing just a few numbers ...

That was, however firstonce from me, I'm going to sleep now!

Hope everyone understands what I tried to say. I used Google Translator to help me a bit out :P

Edited by Kabraxis
  • Like 1

If it were to be code, then it would be logic it would be in cyrillic and the cyrillic alphabet is different then the latin alphabet we use...

• Like 1

So I just took the time to create a steam group for this if anyone wants to use it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dayzmp

Figured it would be useful to have a collected area for more than just the Green Mountain Conspiracy. So that as new mysteries arise, anyone who wants, can group up and start working on it. Enjoy ^.^

• Like 2

I don't even know what that "Radio" page is referring to regarding SA. The correct item we're talking about is "transmitter" (formerly "walkie talkie", pre-patch), and those are in as people already said.

Also, HOAX or not: What's the 'slogan' ? "DayZ - It's your story".

And I think (fake or not), we just gave it a little more story. Besides, good side effect: Radios get used more. I just wish they wouldn't just spawn in fire stations but perhaps some other areas as well.

E:

To check if a radio works, you could just try channel chat with a radio. If you can see a message in it, then it should work. Then you could also broadcast, in theory anyway.

Also, how is battery life for one? Does anyone know?

Edited by Combine
  • Like 2

What I thought of maybe you can turn on those large transmitters laying around. Has anyone tried it yet?

Furthermore I was in Electro for an hour between 21:30-22:30 server time and didnt hear anything. I was in Cherno, Balota and Balota Airfield too but still no results.

Until I hear a signal on a server that wasn't name dropped here or reddit, I'm leaning towards player generated

Yes, same here. I heard the transmission again on the Civil War server at 21:00 server time. It was about the same time irl as the first time I heard it (04:00 CET).

Semi-OT, but kinda related:

I tried looking for it, but couldn't find results.

Someone should test how long transmitters last with pristine (full-ish) batteries. Would be good to know.

hello @ all :)

I am reading this thread here all the time and checking up for new investigations of you all..

Anyway... - I don´t think its a hoax.

You guys remember "urban legends" of "dayz-mod" ?

I think it must be coded in game-engine... - also this transmitter-signals here in SA-dayz...

Also nobody has official stated if these "urban legends" of "dayz-mod" are hacks/etc. or not...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I just put this together from my encounters.

http://imgur.com/a/7nKXi

So the first image is the playerlist the first time I heard the transmission.

The second image is the playerlist the second time I heard the transmission.

The third image is also from the second time I heard the transmission (it was still playing) just a few minutes later.

Now the only name that's on all of those lists is ADMINDESK. Now I know this doesn't mean anything because they changed what name you are using for your character in the last patch but still, thought I should share it.

Edit: False information.

Edited by bjurrsson

Maybe we will finally be Able to use the shovel to dig for treasure or clues to this weird ass mystery under the deer stands ;)

Very late to the party but happy to find a radio and join the hunt when I have time.

Does it matter if it's a hoax or not? I bet most of us are pretty much geared up and have nothing better to do than investigate this?

So have we tried the radio transmitters around the NWAF?

I'll head to Elektro on low pop to loot the fire station and then head back. The radios only spawn in fire stations right?

I just read all 11 pages of this forum, and as much as I wish it to be true. I don't think the developers would've gone that in depth with something like this, I mean like look at some of the crucial bugs that are in DayZ SA (NOTE : I know this game is in Alpha, I was just stating a fact. And even if VictorM is making this transmission I would like to say thank you.

Damn, I was gonna stay away from this game for a while to see how the future patches come along. FUCK THAT NOW! I like a good mystery. I'm hunting down a radio tonight, and heading off to green mountain for some research.

Is GM the only place that has a radio transmitter? Any more sites about, that could be of interest?

P.S. Even if it is a fake, well done to the person for stirring things up a bit! Also, I wonder if the devs are gonna add some nice easter eggs into the game? Would make a change, and give the players other things to do.

Edited by Bushwaka

Damn, I was gonna stay away from this game for a while to see how the future patches come along. FUCK THAT NOW! I like a good mystery. I'm hunting down a radio tonight, and heading off to green mountain for some research.

Is GM the only place that has a radio transmitter? Any more sites about, that could be of interest?

P.S. Even if it is a fake, well done to the person for stirring things up a bit! Also, I wonder if the devs are gonna add some nice easter eggs into the game? Would make a change, and give the players other things to do.

Yeah even though it's most likely fake someone should link the thread to Rocket to give him some ideas.

I just put this together from my encounters.

http://imgur.com/a/7nKXi

So the first image is the playerlist the first time I heard the transmission.

The second image is the playerlist the second time I heard the transmission.

The third image is also from the second time I heard the transmission (it was still playing) just a few minutes later.

Now the only name that's on all of those lists is ADMINDESK. Now I know this doesn't mean anything because they changed what name you are using for your character in the last patch but still, thought I should share it.

It may be that we have our culprit. It doesn't tell us WHO this ADMINDESK person is, but it may be that they either aren't changing their name, or are changing it to ADMINDESK for the broadcast. It may be that the culprit even WANTS to be found out.

If anyone hears the transmission again, be sure to check the player list and see what names appear.

I was also thinking that it may be possible to triangulate the signal, to a degree, although it would be very difficult, especially without having several people, and even then may not work..

One person waits in elektro until the broadcast happens. Meanwhile several people spread out in a perimeter outside of elektro begin to move in when the broadcast happens. As they move in, the signal will come through more strongly. As they move away, weaker. Eventually they will all end up walking in the general direction of the broadcast, playing a sort of game of "hot or cold". Once they all think they are pointing towards the direction where the signal is strongest, everyone pulls out a compass and shoots an azimuth. Using the map and the azimuths, we may be able to see where those lines intersect, and form a search area.

If you are having a hard time imagining what I am suggesting, think like the excavation mini game from FF7, where you position the workers around, then set off the charge. Then all the workers turn to look in the direction of the item. If you dig in the right spot, you find it. SORT OF like that.

Regardless, this would take time and effort to organize, AND to pull off, and still may not work. But I cant think of any other way to track down who (assuming it IS a player, which its still possible its not) is broadcasting.

EDIT: when I get the chance/time (im still in elektro), I am going to start collecting transmitters and batteries. Maybe we can set up some sort of search party. Its not like I have anything better to do in game. And I got a head start yesterday when two bambis found me at night (thanks to my headlamp) and attacked me. I killed them both with surgical precision headshots from my .357, and claimed their batteries.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 1

I just read all 11 pages of this forum, and as much as I wish it to be true. I don't think the developers would've gone that in depth with something like this, I mean like look at some of the crucial bugs that are in DayZ SA (NOTE : I know this game is in Alpha, I was just stating a fact. And even if VictorM is making this transmission I would like to say thank you.

The investigation is doing well so far. Many people have shown up for this! Awesomesauce! :)

Whoa guys, was browsing another forum when something in the first screenshot made me gasp!

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250139&p=43677491&viewfull=1#post43677491

6yTku.jpg

Yep, the statue outside the SW Airfield. Me and 3 buddys tried all the radio channels and had no luck. I tried to turn it on by punching/axeing/etc. No dice. But I have a gut feeling that thing is part of the story cause its not far from green mountain.

Someone needs to check at night.

Ive personaly heard a Elektro messege but it was clearly a Russian Player or someone trying to be lol. It came out in parts over about 15mins and stopped. It would cut off in the middle of his sentence.

Since then me and my buddys all tune into a different channels now in case we ever hear anything.

Personaly I think it's all fake and player made but to the topic of why would they add radio's so soon?

Just like last night we needed a way to communicate with other player that don't have VOIP or for when your out of direct talk range. Me and my buddys all sit on Mumble VOIP and it's ruff for the beach noobs to keep up when we can't hear them past 30 feet. So for the first time we had a random guy be able to keep up and not get lost for over 3 hours. All thanks to the radio's.

So glad they added them for this very reason. Ive been bitching about needing a walkie talkie for the new guys.

Also one of you may hear us one day. Every 15-30mins we go through the channels and broadcast a EPD messages asking for any survivors and if they need help. That or one of us farting in it...luls.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1

I've been following this thread now and I'm trying to get in on the investigation. I really don't think that the Elektro transmissions are a hoax. You have to realize, why would someone be broadcasting those transmissions? I don't think anyone has the time to get GM's coordinates then have a Russian relative speak the coordinates. It just seems like a lot of work and I believe that the Elektro and GM transmissions are not a hoax.