rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

I managed to contact someone who knows Morse in my skype friendlist. 

This is what he claims to hear

"Quarantine breached *stop* Evacuation imminent"  :o

• Like 1

I have an good idea i think. We can point the radio tower transmitters found in the game so nearly maybe will can found a message. I mean something like this

zo3eu62307r32r3l65pb.jpg

Excelent idea!

The only server this has been confirmed on is the "DayZ nightime Bitches" server from user VictorM (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168683-creepy-radio-transmissions-heard-near-electro)

The video going around is from the mod. The coords going around are from video, which again pertains to the mod.

We assume that if this message is found that leads to GM. It's most likely the same audio files can be found on SA. Perhaps more difficult to hear. That's why we're investigating it.

I know this particular video is from the mod. Never the less, it has been confirmed that these radio messages have been found in the SA.

Where has it been confirmed? As far as I can see there has only been one transmission on one server for a bit, therefore most likely done by a player. If you're interested in the DayZ mod transmission near Green Mountain (with the deer stand coordinates), dig through the forum history, there's been plenty of discussion on that.

• Like 1

Not only has there only been 1 transmission 'confirmation' but the post was an audio clip which can be easily faked. I spent awhile digging through the PBO's last night, specifically the WSS files and couldn't find a single audio clip that pertained to any sort of transmission, transmitter, radio, broadcast, or anything having to do even remotely with coordinates or Green mountain. Sorry to piss in your cornflakes but barring a confirmation from multiple people on multiple servers I think it's safe to chalk this up as a hoax

Where has it been confirmed? As far as I can see there has only been one transmission on one server for a bit, therefore most likely done by a player. If you're interested in the DayZ mod transmission near Green Mountain (with the deer stand coordinates), dig through the forum history, there's been plenty of discussion on that.

• Like 1

I'm back from Green Mountain and the area provided around Zeleno. Didn't hear anything at all, tried all frequenzes, tried a normal "DayZ DE" server and that "Night time bitches!" server with no luck. Players trolling or something in the game? Who knows, maybe you have to be in a certain area at a certain time to hear it. One thing is for sure, Green Mountain is still creepy as fuck at night!

But! I saw this weird thing North of NEAF. (The red dot) 

OQUyFdC.jpg

Could be the sun or just a bug, but it scared me a bit. (Yes, I turned up my gamma, we were 2 players on that server..) 

Edited by Krackman
  • Like 1

Not only has there only been 1 transmission 'confirmation' but the post was an audio clip which can be easily faked. I spent awhile digging through the PBO's last night, specifically the WSS files and couldn't find a single audio clip that pertained to any sort of transmission, transmitter, radio, broadcast, or anything having to do even remotely with coordinates or Green mountain. Sorry to piss in your cornflakes but barring a confirmation from multiple people on multiple servers I think it's safe to chalk this up as a hoax

Okay. Here's a few things i'd like you to consider.

The original transmission is real. No way a guy could "fake" a transmission like that.

The ambient sounds, the footsteps, the reload, the sea sounds...

It's to well done to be a fakie.

This automaticly leads to us believing there could be more transmissions. Starting with the ones we already know they excist in the mod.

THIS IS AN INVESTIGATION, this is not us telling you it's there and it's true.

So pissing in my cornflakes? How disgusting it may be, i'll let you eat it first.

And PBO's, really. Ever considered there are other files that contain audio files ? And usually they're not even MP3 format... Scripted audio fragments come in differnet formats. Ambient sounds come in the shape of MP3's.

That's why you can't find the gunshots without downoading codecs to open a clip.

This thread is to INVESTIGATE. Pissing in my cornflakes is a failed attempt to be a wiseass.

Edited by rydekk

I'm back from Green Mountain and the area provided around Zeleno. Didn't hear anything at all, tried all frequenzes, tried a normal "DayZ DE" server and that "Night time bitches!" server with no luck. Players trolling or something in the game? Who knows, maybe you have to be in a certain area at a certain time to hear it. One thing is for sure, Green Mountain is still creepy as fuck at night!

But! I saw this weird thing North of NEAF. (The red dot) 

OQUyFdC.jpg

Could be the sun or just a bug, but it scared me a bit. (Yes, I turned up my gamma, we were 2 players on that server..) 

Bummer. Hopefully someone will hear an audio fragment soon. Thanks for checking it out though!

Anyhow going to bed now

Edited by rydekk

I just created an account to tell you guys this. I belive I can hear a SSTV signal throughout the beginning of the video. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow-scan_television.

So far I have failed trying to decode it, simply because I cannot get my input setup correctly.

I uploaded the sound file I made to try and figure this thing out for yourselfs. 

What I belive to be the signal starts around the "0.24" mark.

https://mega.co.nz/#!QRs0DTxY!MPGW2Ma5Wd_SrB0QYyCEqbuTxMffakaPr8zNLEjjorA

The program I used to try and decode is: RX-SSTV

Pardon my spelling mistakes, english isn't my native language.

Edited by jimmyhoffa24
  • Like 1

Guys, what the ... you are scaring the shit out of me. Is this in the SA also ?

I could here somebody talking in the background of that file start at 2:20

Lol when I say easily faked I mean that without a video to corroborate the audio it could just be some guy's friend on the frequency playing the transmission, or more likely, another player trolling anyone on that (the default) frequency. I'm have no doubt that the OP heard what he heard, I'm more questioning its vaildity. To assume that the sounds came from within the game without doing any investigating other than taking the word of someone based off an audio clip and then sharing a year old YouTube link is how misinformation is spread.

And yes, PBO's. Really. I'm pretty familiar with the ARMA engine structure. The sounds are WSS and OGG files that can be played after conversion, not MP3's.. There aren't any in the PBO's related to this, and I'd be happy for you to show me otherwise. Or any other recent evidence for the matter...

Okay. Here's a few things i'd like you to consider.

The original transmission is real. No way a guy could "fake" a transmission like that.

The ambient sounds, the footsteps, the reload, the sea sounds...

It's to well done to be a fakie.

This automaticly leads to us believing there could be more transmissions. Starting with the ones we already know they excist in the mod.

THIS IS AN INVESTIGATION, this is not us telling you it's there and it's true.

So pissing in my cornflakes? How disgusting it may be, i'll let you eat it first.

And PBO's, really. Ever considered there are other files that contain audio files ? And usually they're not even MP3 format... Scripted audio fragments come in differnet formats. Ambient sounds come in the shape of MP3's.

That's why you can't find the gunshots without downoading codecs to open a clip.

This thread is to INVESTIGATE. Pissing in my cornflakes is a failed attempt to be a wiseass.

I used a youtube-downloader to rip the audio from the file.

Sourcevid:

Lol when I say easily faked I mean that without a video to corroborate the audio it could just be some guy's friend on the frequency playing the transmission, or more likely, another player trolling anyone on that (the default) frequency. I'm have no doubt that the OP heard what he heard, I'm more questioning its vaildity. To assume that the sounds came from within the game without doing any investigating other than taking the word of someone based off an audio clip and then sharing a year old YouTube link is how misinformation is spread.

And yes, PBO's. Really. I'm pretty familiar with the ARMA engine structure. The sounds are WSS and OGG files that can be played after conversion, not MP3's.. There aren't any in the PBO's related to this, and I'd be happy for you to show me otherwise. Or any other recent evidence for the matter...

I just created an account to tell you guys this. I belive I can hear a SSTV signal throughout the beginning of the video. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow-scan_television.

So far I have failed trying to decode it, simply because I cannot get my input setup correctly.

I uploaded the sound file I made to try and figure this thing out for yourselfs. 

What I belive to be the signal starts around the "0.24" mark.

https://mega.co.nz/#!QRs0DTxY!MPGW2Ma5Wd_SrB0QYyCEqbuTxMffakaPr8zNLEjjorA

The program I used to try and decode is: RX-SSTV

Pardon my spelling mistakes, english isn't my native language.

Okay, this radio transmission have been around since the mod. I have done ALOT of research on it, where we only found the cordinates to deer stands or empty places, and translated the morse code. 

I NEVER seen anyone mention a SSTV signal. I can't decode that, but if anyone actually proves it's a SSTV signal, you my dear man deserves all the beans in the world!

Guys, what the ... you are scaring the shit out of me. Is this in the SA also ?

I could here somebody talking in the background of that file start at 2:20

We havn't confirmed it 100% it's in the SA. But either it is, or it will be, that I'm pretty sure on. 

Edited by Krackman

A year old link that's related to this investigations

The code he heard led to green mountain, we are currently seeing wether or not the transmission can be heard from there like in the mod. Also checking out the stalls

codes relate to.

So far this mystery still makes sense. And unless nobody of the 12+ men can find ANY trace of ANY transmission, then i will call this one "inconclusive" untill someone else comes up with something new.

Stop acting so negative...

Edited by rydekk

Just call this thread for a "Urban Legend" thread while we do the investigations. 
It's nice doing some new research for once. Couldn't finde more in the mod. Didn't find or even heard about anything in SA before today with the walkies. I for one love this! 
We should make a in-game with this. 

• Like 2

I move down to elektro (i was in Solinychi) and head to the electrical station, found a transmitter and picked up a battery from a dead fresh spawn. I went to the forest near Elektro and checked ALL the frequencies,no signal,not even a "white noise".

I dont know if everyone tried to understand what the woman says at VictorM video but i have gave it a try. Everytime repeats 3 words-phrases. Put this "mol trensin mol tzivitz soupirim" into google translation and listen it in Russian. I think sounds the same but unfortunately it doesn't make any sense expect the last that maybe mean rivals

I dont know if everyone tried to understand what the woman says at VictorM video but i have gave it a try. Everytime repeats 3 words-phrases. Put this "mol trensin mol tzivitz soupirim" into google translation and listen it in Russian. I think sounds the same but unfortunately it doesn't make any sense expect the last that maybe mean rivals

We already know what the women says

it's the grid code for Green mountain ;)

The statue and transmitter are located at 037120, is this correct?

Not terribly far from Pavlovo-Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain.

The statue and transmitter are located at 037120, is this correct?

Not terribly far from Pavlovo-Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain.

I'll send an investigation team as soon as they're done burning all the bunnies and rabbits in the game. Still can't believe it!

We already know what the women says

it's the grid code for Green mountain ;)

Can you please post the decrypt method and steps. Just wondering