papazombie

no more alphas for me

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet as i haven't read them all but... I does say in big capital letters on steam:

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

Therefore, you should just vent to someone irl or a priest.

I dont think anyone is venting we just want to make sure this game dosnt stray from what allot of ppl want and thats the zombies. PVP is fun but the focal point should always be both the zombies and survival.

And i dont see anyone swearing or calling this game bad yet.

I dont think anyone is venting we just want to make sure this game dosnt stray from what allot of ppl want and thats the zombies. PVP is fun but the focal point should always be both the zombies and survival.

And i dont see anyone swearing or calling this game bad yet.

vent1
vɛnt/
verb
gerund or present participle: venting
give free expression to (a strong emotion).

Nobody has to swear or call this game bad to vent.

EVERYONE is clearly warned prior to buying it.

vent1
vɛnt/
verb
gerund or present participle: venting
give free expression to (a strong emotion).

Nobody has to swear or call this game bad to vent.

EVERYONE is clearly warned prior to buying it.

I dont think theres problem with showing concern though it shows ppl care about what happens to the game.

I dont think theres problem with showing concern though it shows ppl care about what happens to the game.

I never said there was. I am just clearly pointing out the disclaimer when buying the game.

There is no argument against that.

I know what happened to warz from the beggining, I still remenber how we laughed talking about furure cars and and new maps tan never came

I know Rocket isnt Sergey(true, I really need to clean my fingers after writting his name)

What i´m talking about is that Devs must focus in important things and painting a Mosin or new zombie skins aren´t.

it would be a waste focus this game in pvp, it has a big potencial to limit it to pvp like has been warz. Chernarus is amazing and if they improve PVE features it will be incredible ;)

if somebody wants a pvp game go to COD, Battlefield or Warz...

If you want PvE game play L4D or a singleplayer game. I play mutliplayer games for player interaction not to kill bots.

I've played AAA launch games with the same quality as DayZ has right now.  I've played AAA titles that were WORSE actually. 

Hell, if this were the open beta or official launch release, I'd buy it and just complain about the bugs...but I'd still buy it.

I expected that DAYZ wasn´t going to be like this but it takes the same road. in one month the core of the game is still the same; we have more shoes, more trousers, we can paint our mosin?!? more drinks with funny games but mothing important like a new AI zombie, a better melle combat system...

well, this is last prealpha for me :)

What do you want, a tap in the back? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

I hate sissies using emotes to try to look less offensive.

The only thing that i agree with is that the focus shouldn't be on the pvp, i have no interest in deamatch pewpews no more, i'm too old and my reflexes ain't what they used to be.

What do you want, a tap in the back? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

I hate sissies using emotes to try to look less offensive.

The only thing that i agree with is that the focus shouldn't be on the pvp, i have no interest in deamatch pewpews no more, i'm too old and my reflexes ain't what they used to be.

Hopefully along with fixing zombies walking through walls and fences they can fix zombies being able to climb things. Standing on a set of stairs is a huge advantage when fighting them atm. Zombies being able to climb every single stare case after you is a truly terrifying thing if they can pull it off.

If you want PvE game play L4D or a singleplayer game. I play mutliplayer games for player interaction not to kill bots.

You must be new.

The spirit of the DayZ mod was that Cherno was a dangerous place, even if you never saw another player, you had a pretty good chance of getting killed by dozens of zombies, starving to death, dying of thirst or even getting your legs broken by a door or random rock (ok those last two aren't so great).  It made it harder to gear up since any place with good gear was also overrun with zombies.  And it also made players team up to take out those zombies (only to turn on each other when someone got a better weapon).  Later, when you could actually get infected by zombies, it actually created a whole new sense of urgency.  Once infected, you only had about an hour to find extraordinarily rare antibiotics before you died.

In some offshoots of the mod, you had to worry about weather and cold as well.

Without any of that, it's just wandering a giant-ass map of Eastern European countryside that's Call of Duty on the coast and I Am Legend without monsters throughout the rest.

Personally, I find it tough to get into the alpha for more than an hour or so.  I'll probably just keep tabs on it until it's more developed.

Edited by bfisher

I so understand you. DayZ... Z stands for zombies... and they are a joke...

In this case you are mistaken. In DayZ the Z stands for "zero" I am certain I have seen Mr Hall quoted on that some time back.

Today is Day Zero. Your first day in the apocalypse, How many days can you survive?

• Like 2

Let me get this straight...

You're comparing DayZ to WarZ, WarZ who got kicked off from Steam after 48 hours, because they were claiming that their map Colorado was twice as big as Cherrnarus and contained other exaggerated or non-existing features, DayZ on the other hand had an ALLCAPS warnings about the status of the game and recommend that you only purchase, if you're willing to put up with serious issues and wanted to actively help development.

When WarZ heard Rocket say "Think of the Standalone as a foundation we build upon," Sergei Titov quickly announced: "Alpha stage is done, WarZ has now reached it's foundation and this foundation build will be released on Steam." Nothing had actually changed in WarZ, they just changed the word Alpha to Foundation, then launched on Steam and subsequently got kicked off for false advertising.

While WarZ claimed to sell a finished product, DayZ did not.

You problem is that you knowingly bought an unfinished game, but expected a finished product.

Next time do a little research before you purchase your next Steam game.

Just sayin, but if he played the alpha for warz then he didnt buy it on steam.

But Alpha's are the perfect way for players to tell the Devs whats wrong and what they would like to see, these normally work well unless the Devs decide not to listen and go about doing their own thing. 

well, this is my last alpha. I´ve been at warz before this and sadly at this moment it´s happening the same. they promise AI zombies is the first but patch after patch zombies are the great forgotten. 

The big problem with this prepaid prealphas is all players asking for things that they want to see ingame. Hardcore gamers want more pvp features and oldschool gamers more PVE improvements. Dev try to give a bit to all players and finally the game goes to no place. we never have a finish and polish game.

I expected that DAYZ wasn´t going to be like this but it takes the same road. in one month the core of the game is still the same; we have more shoes, more trousers, we can paint our mosin?!? more drinks with funny games but mothing important like a new AI zombie, a better melle combat system...

well, this is last prealpha for me :)

Dayz is comming along quite fine if u ask me...the only problem post like ur own cluttering the forum. Posts that arent constructive in any manner, just "hey im nobody im gonna nag about what bugs me...not really presenting any solutions or ideas, just nagging here...okey yay!"

• Like 1

I so understand you. DayZ... Z stands for zombies... and they are a joke...

Alpha is for... never mind you wouldnt understand.

But Alpha's are the perfect way for players to tell the Devs whats wrong and what they would like to see, these normally work well unless the Devs decide not to listen and go about doing their own thing. 

constructive feedback, ideas, discussion and brainstorming are what is not happening in these forums. There are to many whiny bitch threads drowning out and alienating good discussion with 'omg my guy got deleatezd i cant play, why zombies not there?"

• Like 3

Jesus man, it is an alpha.  You bought into an alpha.  Have you ever been part of an alpha?  You know, finished games, if complicated, result in patches causing some additional bugs.  This game is only a fraction complete (disregard how finished the game looks when played) so patches are stapling in large amounts of new content, trying to fix existing bugs, and minimizing new ones.

The entire alpha process will be a series of steps and missteps.  two steps forward and one step back.  It sucks, but in the end I think things will be great!

constructive feedback, ideas, discussion and brainstorming are what is not happening in these forums. There are to many whiny bitch threads drowning out and alienating good discussion with 'omg my guy got deleatezd i cant play, why zombies not there?"

Nothing new then, was exactly the same during the opening months of the mod. However we survived then and we will survive again. I agree with you about the amount of threads but the best thing we can do about them is just ignore the QQ op's and concentrate on the people aiming to actually help the development of SA

• Like 1

be patient, we all know zombies are a joke right now but they will be a real threat in near future.

- more zombies

- different kind of zombies

- hordes crossing the map

- higher chance to get infection/sickness after zombie attack

Edited by Brixxen

Nothing new then, was exactly the same during the opening months of the mod. However we survived then and we will survive again. I agree with you about the amount of threads but the best thing we can do about them is just ignore the QQ op's and concentrate on the people aiming to actually help the development of SA

I wish threads like this and the aforementioned could just be moved to a second 'we didnt read the disclaimer' forum.

• Like 2

I wish threads like this and the aforementioned could just be moved to a second 'we didnt read the disclaimer' forum.

A sub section like that wouldn't be a bad idea :P Saves the Graveyard being filled up even more! 

Just sayin, but if he played the alpha for warz then he didnt buy it on steam.

Guess where the false advertising that ended up on the Steam sales page came from?

It came from the WarZ website, shit... even after Steam forced Sergei Titov to edit the Steam sales page three times and finally lost patience with him and kick WarZ off Steam, WarZ's own website still carried the same false claims, that got them kicked off Steam for a month after the Steam fiasco.

And if you got a good enough memory, you might recall that WarZ told you, that if you pre-ordered WarZ, you'd get a $10 discount. The oldest dishonest sales trick in the book. WarZ offered three packages: $19,99(29,99)  $29,99(39,99) and  $49,99(59,99) and when the game finally launched, they sold it on Steam for $13,99(14,99).

So anyone, who bought WarZ as pre-order ended up paying two or three times as much as it was actually worth...

Edited by Dallas

so this is complaint that there is a lack of zombies or something? Just to clarify dayz is a pve which includes the players. since we all surviving the end of the world, players are part of it. 

Zombies are a work in progress as it was clearly state, and one of the crucial and hardest part to work on. To brake the news it might progress slowly, i dont care as long it is good. Now i hate how ppl say is worst or is going to be like warz, the differences are very clear, ppl just like to whine and give no real good feed back, we had some good ones when alpha came out.

any way, whining about lack of content or bugy game during alpha to me is retarded.....

so this is complaint that there is a lack of zombies or something? Just to clarify dayz is a pve which includes the players. since we all surviving the end of the world, players are part of it. 

Zombies are a work in progress as it was clearly state, and one of the crucial and hardest part to work on. To brake the news it might progress slowly, i dont care as long it is good. Now i hate how ppl say is worst or is going to be like warz, the differences are very clear, ppl just like to whine and give no real good feed back, we had some good ones when alpha came out.

any way, whining about lack of content or bugy game during alpha to me is retarded.....

Its not really complaining just showing concern that none of us that are true zombie fans want to see endless updates on gear while zombie AI and pathing takes an entire year or 2 to develop. As long as progress is being showed monthly on what there doing that will alleviate allot of ppls fears where the game is headed.

Again since Warzs initial release since its alpha for almost a year and a half there has been literally no improvements or skin variety whatsoever to the zombies since than. And with recent things like F10 being implemented if you havent read up about it have completely alienated the community from the developers and there standpoint on the game itself and what its about.

Im confident in the zombie progress due to seeing the new few new skins they added so hopefully those changes and variety continue to show. And the developers continue to do a great job on this open world horror game.